MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8200 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8193, Nero Cain wrote:large's also might be pro scum in a way, like in a mini only like 4 or 5 players have to work together whereas in a large that 4 or 5 isn't going to do much and there are many more voices all competing and there's going to be much more swing in the day phase.
I'd agree with this, in a smaller game it can potentially take one silly mafia player error for the game to effectively be over: if you have two scum and one accidentally slips up then one post can give town an almost insurmountable advantage. I suppose on the other hand though town can hypothetically play terribly for three days and still stand an alright chance of coming out on top if they pull it together. I do like the larger setup for all of that though, much as it's chaotic it does feel very skill-based in the end with either side needing to maintain good play to win.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #8201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Isis »

I'd say something similar to what implo said.

At the worst the high town power is the cost of doing business with an extra traitorscum in the voting pool and if that's not the kind of mafia people want, then mods should perhaps put forth fewer traitor setups to be played. I don't think running 5/x setups without enough town power to ensure things move towards a 4/x feel is a good idea.

I could have a different opinion if I read the 300 page game but you might imagine I'm not going to do so
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8202 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8192, Nero Cain wrote:Psychologist seems sorta useless
i take this back, just not super powerful.

so town had a negative utility role, an investigation role that could get 3 false positives and a false negative, another investigation role with diminishing returns, a gated doc, and 2 conf town.

2 shot vig provides some swing and is a pretty powerful role regardless but could have negatively impacted town but was a conditional IC.

So it's not like town was some superpowered entity.

I could maybe see where scum argues that none of the PRs were limable and their lim pool was the 7 non PRS (I'm counting cape)

I don't think this is townsided at all. Maybe it's pretty balanced on paper but for town there's going to be alot of human error and bad play.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8203 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This game was so good, it got me wanting to mod a game.

So I'm modding a Micro with the flavor being a short story I wrote. Will be mostly Normal.

Bringing back my Cryptids, 9p, would love anyone from this game to join, I found this game to be mostly pleasant.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8204 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8202, Nero Cain wrote:2 shot vig provides some swing and is a pretty powerful role regardless but could have negatively impacted town but was a conditional IC.
I kind of liked the Alien being able to completely counter if the Vig claimed too early, which happened here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8205 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8202, Nero Cain wrote:I could maybe see where scum argues that none of the PRs were limable and their lim pool was the 7 non PRS (I'm counting cape)
They are limable if scum messed with setup spec more. They didn't need to, but it is an option that's there.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #8206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

All private threads are now public

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8207 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Galron »

Apologies to all for flaking. I actually site-flaked, not because of this game but because of RL. Dwlee, thanks for the rep.

Math, only recommendation I have is wrt your obstinance. I was involved in too many games all at the same time and with work stress on top of that. I genuinely could not keep up. I had more deadlines than Woodward and Bernstein in 1973. The stubbornness around my slot did no one any favours. There was such a big slip around page 200 or so that I thought we were dead in the water. It was demoralizing. You played a great game, Math, but your tunnel did you no favours. That being said, you were right from like Day 3 on, and I commend you for that.

I hope Skitter isn't too upset that I scummed up the slot, but I couldn't devote the time and energy needed to keep up with everything. I really need to stop joining larges, even as a sub.

Datisi was the hero of this game for having Skits act on Night 1. Thank you, Dats. That was brilliant.

Thanks to my scum buddies for keeping their heads. Well done.

Miizzy, I'm sorry I left you stuck at page 280 or whatever. It was unavoidable.

Boon, I love you brother but man looking at this as a townie would, I would've been on your ass like a tick on a toe.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

agree with you that Dats is scum MVP. This might have just been over d2 when there was a quasi inno on your slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 8207, Galron wrote:I had more deadlines than Woodward and Bernstein in 1973.
Lmao
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 8207, Galron wrote:Boon, I love you brother but man looking at this as a townie would, I would've been on your ass like a tick on a toe.
I don't mind being pushed. I can handle it. I gotta read the scum pt still.

I actually prefer being town and scum read.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I thought you played a very dashing game Boon