Back-up moderator:
implosion

Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Reviewed by:
mastina
&
Ircher

Welcome to Mini Normal 2267! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the first half of the 2010s.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
(2011)

Commentary: Biggest hit of the year 2012. No one saw the plot twist at the end of the music video coming!

Player list:

• geraintm

• Galron
    Enchant
    ()
  • Rathe

• MalcolmTucker

• Scorpious

• Andresvmb

• Morning Tweet
    Andante ()
    JacksonVirgo
    ()
  • avalina
    angela
    ()
  • Jacket
    Nero Cain
    ()
  • Shoshin
    Not_Mafia
    ()
  • Ghost Bird
    Save The Dragons
    ()
  • PookyTheMagicalBear

• KittyTacky

• Spoiler: Alive players
  • Rathe
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • Andresvmb
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • JacksonVirgo
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • angela
    (
    Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker
    )

• Spoiler: Dead players
  • Not_Mafia
    - eliminated Day 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • PookyTheMagicalBear
    - killed Night 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • Scorpious
    - eliminated Day 2 (
    Mafia Mailman
    )
  • KittyTacky
    - killed Night 2 (
    Town Friendly Neighbor
    )
  • Save The Dragons
    - eliminated Day 3 (
    Mafia Roleblocker
    )
  • Enchant
    - killed Night 3 (
    Town One-shot Neighborizer
    )
  • MalcolmTucker
    - eliminated Day 4 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • geraintm
    - killed Night 4 (
    Town Cop
    )
  • Nero Cain
    - eliminated Day 5 (
    Mafia Watcher
    )

• Spoiler: Modkilled players
  • This is a list you don't want to be on.

• Events and vote counts:

• Day 1 start | VC 1.1 | VC 1.2 | VC 1.3 | VC 1.4 | VC 1.5 | VC 1.6 | VC 1.7 | VC 1.8 | VC 1.9 | VC 1.10 | VC 1.11 | VC 1.12 | VC 1.13 | VC 1.14 | VC 1.15 | VC 1.16 | End of Day 1 + Beginning of Night 1 | End of Night 1
  • Day 2 start | VC 2.1 | VC 2.2 | VC 2.3 | VC 2.4 | VC 2.5 | VC 2.6 | VC 2.7 | VC 2.8 | VC 2.9 | VC 2.10 | VC 2.11 | End of Day 2 + Beginning of Night 2 | End of Night 2
  • Day 3 start | VC 3.1 | VC 3.2 | End of Day 3 + Beginning of Night 3 | End of Night 3
  • Day 4 start | VC 4.1 | VC 4.2 | VC 4.3 | End of Day 4 + Beginning of Night 4 | End of Night 4
  • Day 5 start | VC 5.1 | VC 5.2 | VC 5.3 | VC 5.4 | VC 5.5 | End of Day 5 (GAME OVER)
  • Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:32 am, edited 66 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Rules

Game-specific information:

1. This game consists of 10 players aligned with the town faction and 3 players aligned with the mafia faction.

2. Day One lasts 10 days (216 hours). Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).

3. Night Phase lasts 2 days (48 hours).

4. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted as valid.

5. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

6. The mafia have day talk.

7. The mafia have multitasking.

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread). It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead/Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead.

Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed only after they happen. It is not allowed to discuss any possible future replacements, to threaten to replace or ask another player to replace out.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game.

5b. Should a player receive a second prod, I will request explanation for the inactivity by PM, failure to provide a satisfactory explanation will result in replacement. If satisfactory explanation is provided, the player will be allowed to remain in the game, provided they resume posting game-advancing content.

5c. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return

5d. Should a player be due to receive a prod during Night Phase (example: they haven’t posted for 36 hours and then players decide to hammer), they are required to post within the first 12 hours of the next Day Phase. Should they fail to do so, they will be prodded.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 5 days (120 hours). If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that.

Private Threads:

1. You may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “General rules”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. The Mafia thread and the Dead thread, as a rule, will be released upon endgame without redactions. You may request redactions in private before endgame, however you must provide reasonable explanation for your request and the request may be denied.

6. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2267!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result in force replacement.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Greeting »

Pregame progress

1. Making the Mod thread;

2. Making the Game thread;

3. Making the Dead & Spectator Thread;

4. Randomized assignment of roles;

5. Creating role PMs;

6. Organizing Mod thread;

7. Sending out role PMs;

8. Awaiting confirmation.

Game will start when 11/13 players have confirmed their roles.

Confirmation status: 13/13.
    Last edited by Greeting on Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:15 am, edited 13 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Greeting »

Save The Dragons replaces Ghost Bird!

angela replaces avalina!

Nero Cain replaces Jacket!
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 begins!

Votecount 1.0
    Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
    (2010)

Commentary: An uncommon case of an indie rock song becoming a hit. The band's frontman, Mark Foster, indicated that the contrast between the dark lyrics and the upbeat melody was intentional. In recent years, the song has become a meme because of its lyrics referencing American school shootings.

Not Voting
    (13):
    geraintm
    Galron
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    Andresvmb
    Morning Tweet
    angela
    Nero Cain
    Shoshin
    Save The Dragons
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    KittyTacky

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00).

Rathe and Shoshin have (expired on 2022-03-17 19:00:00) to confirm their roles. Failure to confirm by then will result in replacement.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: tweetie
    Show
    "I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
    -MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
    That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
    It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:55 pm

hello friends i need 6 more votes to get rid of the bat villainess
    Show
    "I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    Andresvmb
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades
    Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Hello everyone.

Excited for this game to have finally started after being in signups for so long. One item I will point out - the rules indicate that the Scum have multi-tasking, so I would imagine that PRs will not be a meaningless part of this game. Just something to keep in mind.

VOTE: Nero Cain

I’m hoping you’re Town.
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm

sup andres
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm

r u mafia with tweetie or something
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm

id be jealous ngl ive always wanted to roll scum with my favorite bat
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    Andresvmb
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 9, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sup andres
    Hey Pooky. I gotta say, I’m going to try and be careful with your slot.

I know have a Scum game under my belt, so you can go take a look at that and compare it to my play here over time. It should be obvious what I am.
    Andresvmb
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

^I now have*
    angela
    angela
    Goon
    angela
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by angela »

In post 1, Greeting wrote:Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).
    is vengeful

a normal role?
    love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
    Andresvmb
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 14, angela wrote:
    In post 1, Greeting wrote:Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).
    is vengeful

a normal role?
    It is. Not sure how that relates to the part of the rules you quoted, but I very much believe so.
    angela
    angela
    Goon
    angela
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by angela »

In post 15, Andresvmb wrote:It is. Not sure how that relates to the part of the rules you quoted, but I very much believe so.
    won't the timer tell us if we have a vengeful?

Andresvmb
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Andresvmb
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 16, angela wrote:
    In post 15, Andresvmb wrote:It is. Not sure how that relates to the part of the rules you quoted, but I very much believe so.
    It shouldn’t, no.
    angela
    angela
    Goon
    angela
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by angela »

In post 17, Andresvmb wrote:
    In post 16, angela wrote:
    It shouldn’t, no.
    but isn't it not actually elo if there's a vengeful

like 7 alive 3 mafia 1 vengeful

is only elo if we count eliminating the vengeful as part of 'eliminating correctly'

which is generally not the interpretation of eliminating correctly, which would be eliminating mafia

so would likely be 7 days at timer with 7 alive 3 mafia 1 vengeful instead of 5

but also unlikely to be relevant, so

PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:31 pm

hi angela!!!!
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:32 pm

In post 12, Andresvmb wrote:
    In post 9, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sup andres
    Hey Pooky. I gotta say, I’m going to try and be careful with your slot.

I know have a Scum game under my belt, so you can go take a look at that and compare it to my play here over time. It should be obvious what I am.
    what do u mean be careful with my slot :/
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    angela
    angela
    Goon
    angela
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by angela »

In post 19, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hi angela!!!!
    hello friend +)

PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:32 pm

congrats on your first scum game here ! :)
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:32 pm

In post 21, angela wrote:
    hello friend +)
    ^______^

i am town this time r u? :3
    Show
    -MariaR

-Norwee
    angela
    angela
    Goon
    angela
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by angela »

In post 23, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
    In post 21, angela wrote:
    hello friend +)
    ^______^

i am town this time r u? :3
    i am town! isis is jealous of how often i roll town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”