Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

every single replacement for town ruined a pocket I had previously established/added pressure onto my partner

also the dwlee bus was planned with the idea that Chaos wouldn't replace out, and would be able to post there. Greeting replacing in put focus on that slot right away and it was hard to recover + had to drag the slot along. If we got NM to quickhammer ShadowGirl when it was possible, the scum win was very possible, but unfortunate.

Gamma -> Enchant
marci -> Mathblade

mostly ruined the dynamics I tried to setup on day 1 and day 2

stop replacing out after day 1 >:(
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2273, Gamma Emerald wrote:I figured out it was Koba when I recalled they’d defended the Chaos/NM slot a lot
I should have bussed that slot over Dwlee, I just felt I wouldn't get any towncred for it if I did.

Chaos' play was actually fairly solid for what he posted early game, it was very similar to his towngame(people tend to FOS him as town all the time - it isn't a new thing.)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I did not agree to be bussed like that for the record haha

No redactions
I prefer they, thanks :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2275, DkKoba wrote:every single replacement for town ruined a pocket I had previously established/added pressure onto my partner

also the dwlee bus was planned with the idea that Chaos wouldn't replace out, and would be able to post there. Greeting replacing in put focus on that slot right away and it was hard to recover + had to drag the slot along. If we got NM to quickhammer ShadowGirl when it was possible, the scum win was very possible, but unfortunate.

Gamma -> Enchant
marci -> Mathblade

mostly ruined the dynamics I tried to setup on day 1 and day 2

stop replacing out after day 1 >:(
Yeah sorry.

Carrying with NM can be hard.

I love NM as a person but the lack of posting is rough and requires creative solutions.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:07 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2263, Meuh wrote:and thanks for modding Norwee!

Kinda glad I got limmed early lol, my reads would’ve been garbage and I think I had some significant partner equity with Dwlee so I probably would’ve been limmed sooner or later :lol:
Sorry for voting you out Meuh. I was wrong for the right reasons(?). I was sure of Chaos as scum and I had HEM as locktown, so you the D1 compromise vote for me... considering DkKoba was pushing you so hard if you flipped town I would have pretty sure of them as scum (but the D2 guilty scrambled my thoughts on them).
But I honoured your death with an avi. <3
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Enchant »

Koba why you didn't shot me on last night.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2280, Enchant wrote:Koba why you didn't shot me on last night.
a) if you didn't shoot me, you'd get to shoot again into a scum win potentially
b) shooting you implies I'm scared of you and might get you to misshoot

I was 90% sure you shoot me though.
retired
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2279, ShadowGirl wrote:

Kinda glad I got limmed early lol, my reads would’ve been garbage and I think I had some significant partner equity with Dwlee so I probably would’ve been limmed sooner or later :lol:
Sorry for voting you out Meuh. I was wrong for the right reasons(?). I was sure of Chaos as scum and I had HEM as locktown, so you the D1 compromise vote for me... considering DkKoba was pushing you so hard if you flipped town I would have pretty sure of them as scum (but the D2 guilty scrambled my thoughts on them).
Nonono dw! Limming me was very reasonable, and you had some of the best reads this game so that doesn’t mean much in the greater scheme of things :P
Scum!me fit well with the rest of your reads so it makes a whole lot of sense
Love the avi, thank you <3
and welcome back! You played really well for your first game in a long time, I’m impressed :D
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2282, Meuh wrote:

Nonono dw! Limming me was very reasonable, and you had some of the best reads this game so that doesn’t mean much in the greater scheme of things :P
and welcome back! You played really well for your first game in a long time, I’m impressed :D
Sorry we didn’t get to play together! You seem nice.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2283, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2282, Meuh wrote:

Sorry we didn’t get to play together! You seem nice.
You do too! Hope we get to play together sometime :cool:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:26 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I loved this playetlist TBH
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:32 am

Great vig play by Enchant btw
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:36 am

FWIW, I would have shot Mathblade and if they flipped town, I would have limmed Koba.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2287, humaneatingmonkey wrote:FWIW, I would have shot Mathblade and if they flipped town, I would have limmed Koba.
Lolz :) But we still woulda won so yay
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:42 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

GG to everyone and thank you Norwee for modding!
In post 2282, Meuh wrote:Nonono dw! Limming me was very reasonable, and you had some of the best reads this game so that doesn’t mean much in the greater scheme of things :P
Thank you for the compliment. I cannot say how much on a spiritual, emotional level, I felt vindicated that NM flipped scum, and also I didn't want to say on that on a personal level I would have been just a bit salty to get voted out over NM lol :giggle:
If Enchant didn't shoot DkKoba over night, tictac was pinging in all weird ways but I think MathBlade might have been able to convince me. (Marci, my pink haired anime sister, I miss you.) But MathBlade, I had a lot of fun playing with you and bouncing ideas with you and also thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Also, I truly, truly believed all that vig softing so good job lmao
In post 2121, ShadowGirl wrote:
In post 2105, DkKoba wrote:theories that dont fit will naturally have holes and I will happily expose them all :) now help me kill shadowgirl, the scum who thought I was going to just tunnel the same reads and would never flip onto her.
What? We've been clashing all game. If I'm scum, why would I think that you're more likely to be on my side over HEM, who has been townreading me and I have gotten along with super well all game? I can't see what is logical about me as scum keeping you around over HEM.
I was like in what scum world do I not shoot you lol this is probably what pinged me hard on D3 as illogical scum pushing. But the D2 play did do enough to mess up my read on you, and I also doubted myself because you just seemed in general like a very strong voice (whatever alignment) and that we also just didn't mesh on our opinions of certain play tactics so I didn't want to base my scum read on you on us not getting along (even though I guess my gut was right!).
In post 767, GuiltyLion wrote:ShadowGirl is kind of a POE pick but I don't think she's actually done anything townie? like she's giving reasonable seeming Opinions on stuff but none of it has once struck me as something that would be out of range of being faked by a capable wolf. I'm least sure of this read but I got a lot of town vibes elsewhere and she hasn't felt townie enough herself to dislodge anyone else
Thanks to everyone who said my play could come from capable scum (when this was my first game after 9 years!), because the fact is I play atrociously as scum, but I really had no way to refute those claims without seeming scummy lmao
In post 2260, Roden wrote:Oh god, I'm so glad I stopped tunneling Shadow enough to unvote
I was like damn, what did I do to make you tunnel me so much? I really enjoyed playing with you and you had me cracking up so much with your comments on page 38.

@MathBlade:
In post 2178, ShadowGirl wrote:I feel your frustration, Math, because I think spiritually we're in a similar emotional place but for different people lol
And does that mean me and MathBlade are now also able to start every sentence now with 'As I have caught scum and you haven't...' a la DkKoba? :P
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

I took over Enchant and vigged Koba jk. Thanks for trusting me Enchant.

And yeah it was fun bouncing ideas off.

Sorry I voted and disappeared and didn’t push NM more. I had the epiphany at midnight/1 am or something so I voted and crashed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

And lol yeah I am very good at fake crumbing and real crumbing.

I was hoping to take a bullet for Enchant if we elimmed town.

Then scum is forced to CC the vig to win.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:27 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@Enchant: Thank you for not shooting me in the face if you were considering it and I think your choices were really good. Sorry I scumread you, as a lot of it was based on how I felt about Gamma, plus I never ever picked up on you being vig, and you were scumreading me, so out of the PoE you were a viable choice to me.

@HEM: I was gutted when you got shot because I thought we were vibing really well together and I liked playing with you. :(

@MathBlade:
Basically, I ended up initially townreading you due to giving me the benefit of the doubt, and then vigreading you due to the fact I townread you (also marci saying that she thought HEM was town, so I knew the vig shot was not HEM). So I was wildly wrong about the vig and hence why I kept scumreading Enchant because I didn't pick up on that at all. I will say that it's amazing that DkKoba guessed Novice trait. I don't have enough setup meta knowledge due to not having played in nearly ten years, so I didn't feel confident on scumreading based on that.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@DkKoba: Also looking at my #733 post and your #735, if in the future you ever dismiss everything I say by calling me a boomer, I know you're scum. :P I didn't have any faith in going 1vs1 against you on D1 because how much town influence you had and hence continued to gun for Chaos instead.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

I was mimicking the same mindset I hold as town.
I do indeed disregard mechanical stuff, if you look into my game history you'll see in games like Large 236 i ignore a friendly neighbor claim in favor of my personal reads - and flip a scum there.
retired
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:10 pm

Not often people actually express that they enjoyed playing with me. Usually express frustration towards my town playstyle. So you're actually special ShadowGirl! I liked playing with you too!
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2295, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Not often people actually express that they enjoyed playing with me. Usually express frustration towards my town playstyle. So you're actually special ShadowGirl! I liked playing with you too!
I think it definitely helped that we were on the same wavelength about Chaos+DkKoba, and your playstyle seemed like a good foil to mine with posting a lot and really trying to change up the wagons/game state movement, which helped me lean back and analyze how people were reacting, so we felt like a good crime fighting (scum hunting) duo. Basically from super early on with playing you I never considered jumping on your D1 wagon and that I would never have voted for you in the future. 'twas my D3 mission to avenge your death! :(
In post 2019, ShadowGirl wrote:
In post 1982, DkKoba wrote:I already said tictac is scum but no one wants to sheep lol
I hadn't seen the possibility of tictac scum before, but just looking through HEM's posts (assuming them to be the scum NK target, and seeing what their reads were) and feel like I had a possible galaxy brain moment (monkey make some primate noises in heaven for me if I'm on the right track):
Sorry to tictac for scumreading you at the end, but paranoia really got at me because I had you as locktown all game and then I began to doubt myself (my head like... is the bunny evil???), and the PoE that I was left with given Enchant's vig claim left me with not too many possibilities (marci was even more locktown to me, and MathBlade gave me town vibes for not ultimately voting me), and I was uncertain enough about DkKoba from their D2 play.

:oops: I'm not sure how good it is I just basically locktowned everyone who townread me, but it worked for me?
DkKoba, why couldn't we just be friends??? :(
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:18 pm

In post 2296, ShadowGirl wrote:Basically from super early on with playing you I never considered jumping on your D1 wagon and that I would never have voted for you in the future.
Best decision! I do rely on other players to sift through my rampage — that much is true. Lucky I had you around!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2294, DkKoba wrote:I was mimicking the same mindset I hold as town.
I do indeed disregard mechanical stuff, if you look into my game history you'll see in games like Large 236 i ignore a friendly neighbor claim in favor of my personal reads - and flip a scum there.
I mean I agree with you doing this. On the surface this is correct, but to me you’re one of the better mech players out there so for you not to get what I was saying was pretty bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2292, ShadowGirl wrote:@Enchant: Thank you for not shooting me in the face if you were considering it and I think your choices were really good. Sorry I scumread you, as a lot of it was based on how I felt about Gamma, plus I never ever picked up on you being vig, and you were scumreading me, so out of the PoE you were a viable choice to me.

@HEM: I was gutted when you got shot because I thought we were vibing really well together and I liked playing with you. :(

@MathBlade:
Basically, I ended up initially townreading you due to giving me the benefit of the doubt, and then vigreading you due to the fact I townread you (also marci saying that she thought HEM was town, so I knew the vig shot was not HEM). So I was wildly wrong about the vig and hence why I kept scumreading Enchant because I didn't pick up on that at all. I will say that it's amazing that DkKoba guessed Novice trait. I don't have enough setup meta knowledge due to not having played in nearly ten years, so I didn't feel confident on scumreading based on that.
I can see that. That’s why I tried breaking it down in a way to understand.

Everyone should have the mathematical possibility of a fair shot in elo (meaning no conf towns)
Because Koba could confirm themselves by checking the vig or mason if town that means 4 conf towns.

That means scum need fire power or multiple kills to balance which isn’t possible.
So Koba = scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”