Mini 2019: Game Throwing UPick Game over!

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 893, Nauci wrote:
I think it's incredibly bizarre that you're going with this theory as a probability instead of possibility

No kill is the kind of ploy that has massive chances to backfire on scum, especially in a game with this many mechanics, and this many days into the game. That's the kind of shits and giggles play for night 1, IMO

Like I didn't think the JK was that revealing but your reaction to it is nuts

hot take: Magik took a shot at SBG last night :lol:
Know what I find fucking bizarre? The fact that nobody on this topic except probably Ceejay has understood a damn thing I've said and are still making a buttload of mistaken assumptions. I guess I'll have to spell the whole damn thing out, won't I?

1: I saw no kill.
2: I deemed my day 2 play too wild and idiotic, deeming Nauci and ScumBeGone as significantly better kill targets than me, especially given that a kill on Nauci was nearly confirmed to go through unless she happened to jail the killer themself.
2A: The above resulted in me deeming myself a frame, mostly because I wasn't thinking about what a nokill would mean for the scum at all.
3: People get confused and think I meant that I was being framed by scum intent through a poorly worded sentence. I call this out as wrong in and , reminding them that the frame target was whoever happened to be jailkept and not necessarily me in particular.
4: ScumBeGone claimed Bulletproof in .
5: The framing attempt was deemed unlikely as a foolish move in .
5A: This resulted in me abandoning the framing idea entirely and calling myself wrong, thus deeming the ScumBeGone BP block the most likely sequence of events during the night in .
6: I get questions on why I'm a moron for even proposing the idea I have already called unlikely.
6A: Ceejay actually gets a good question in that gives me a chance to explain my reasoning (a.k.a. lack of thought on what the nokill gambit would mean) in .
7: I get pissed after repeating myself way too many times to be reasonable, with almost every player that tries to join in on the discussion asking at least one repeat question.
7A: This results in curt replies to just read the thread.
8: People are still stuck on this, resulting in having to once again list everything out so people might actually be able to understand the multitude of things I've already said.

I'm not so much mad at people finding it suspicious as for your mutual ignorance that has left me repeating myself like a broken record,
all while still somehow being stuck believing that I still consider this likely whatsoever
. Odds are ridiculously high that I'm fucking
wrong
about the idea. I'm probably a moron for even proposing it. All I know for sure is I am Town. Go hunt for the Scum and leave this idea buried where it fucking belongs.

P.S. Who else noticed that the whole "the frame idea sucks" thing only started once ScumBeGone claimed BP and made the whole point irrelevant and unlikely anyways? Nobody questioned that at all before that claim, with the closest thing being Fire saying I was a fairly probable NK target which gave credence to that alternative. Why is it so odd or unbelievable that I didn't consider what a nokill frame gambit would mean if nobody else did until this point either?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 898, Flubbernugget wrote:Your"rebuttal" was a technicality which scum could easily fake as lip service to "reads" and I don't see town motivation in being toxic and then shading other players for calling it out
it isn't a technicality. (and I can go into specifics on why). Saying I am OMGUS a player is different than saying I am scumreading anyone who scumreads me, because the first you can argue and the other is just false, which i refutted and isn't a "technical win".

also if you call me toxic again, i am going to have to ask the mod to ask you to stop, because i don't see how you calling me toxic is supposed to help anything, and frankly i think it is like trying to push me to be more toxic.

like i said it yesterday that i thought you were instigating, and then you call me toxic, am i supposed to think that your just voicing an opinion that isn't supposed to goad me? if we want to talk about town motivation, what is your motivation here?

You aren't helping either here.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 900, MagikHorse wrote:
I think it's incredibly bizarre that you're going with this theory as a probability instead of possibility

No kill is the kind of ploy that has massive chances to backfire on scum, especially in a game with this many mechanics, and this many days into the game. That's the kind of shits and giggles play for night 1, IMO

Know what I find fucking bizarre? The fact that nobody on this topic except probably Ceejay has understood a damn thing I've said and are still making a buttload of mistaken assumptions. I guess I'll have to spell the whole damn thing out, won't I?

2: I deemed my day 2 play too wild and idiotic, deeming Nauci and ScumBeGone as significantly better kill targets than me, especially given that a kill on Nauci was nearly confirmed to go through unless she happened to jail the killer themself.
2A: The above resulted in me deeming myself a frame, mostly because I wasn't thinking about what a nokill would mean for the scum at all.
3: People get confused and think I meant that I was being framed by scum intent through a poorly worded sentence. I call this out as wrong in and , reminding them that the frame target was whoever happened to be jailkept and not necessarily me in particular.
5A: This resulted in me abandoning the framing idea entirely and calling myself wrong, thus deeming the ScumBeGone BP block the most likely sequence of events during the night in .
6: I get questions on why I'm a moron for even proposing the idea I have already called unlikely.
6A: Ceejay actually gets a good question in that gives me a chance to explain my reasoning (a.k.a. lack of thought on what the nokill gambit would mean) in .
7: I get pissed after repeating myself way too many times to be reasonable, with almost every player that tries to join in on the discussion asking at least one repeat question.
8: People are still stuck on this, resulting in having to once again list everything out so people might actually be able to understand the multitude of things I've already said.

I'm not so much mad at people finding it suspicious as for your mutual ignorance that has left me repeating myself like a broken record,
all while still somehow being stuck believing that I still consider this likely whatsoever
wrong
about the idea. I'm probably a moron for even proposing it. All I know for sure is I am Town. Go hunt for the Scum and leave this idea buried where it fucking belongs.

P.S. Who else noticed that the whole "the frame idea sucks" thing only started once ScumBeGone claimed BP and made the whole point irrelevant and unlikely anyways? Nobody questioned that at all before that claim, with the closest thing being Fire saying I was a fairly probable NK target which gave credence to that alternative. Why is it so odd or unbelievable that I didn't consider what a nokill frame gambit would mean if nobody else did until this point either?
Yeah this feels like very very real town YOU-DENSE-MOTGERFUCKERS rage wall posts and self defense that I've done before. Bravo.

What's your read on Mylo today? Like I'm not sure if anything short of a masonry would sell me on why you think he's so town at this point because his posts are nothing like his town games where he contributes actual reads, even if brief and unconfident

However

Let's go here for now VOTE: Firebringer

Do I need to take a new look okay SBG because I'm paranoid about just lock towning them

I heard stun's scum range is pretty amazing but I'm not sure if I could fathom why scum would do this bp crumb and claim like that

Not_Mafia has gotten super quiet; what happened there
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 901, Firebringer wrote:
In post 898, Flubbernugget wrote:Your"rebuttal" was a technicality which scum could easily fake as lip service to "reads" and I don't see town motivation in being toxic and then shading other players for calling it out
it isn't a technicality. (and I can go into specifics on why). Saying I am OMGUS a player is different than saying I am scumreading anyone who scumreads me, because the first you can argue and the other is just false, which i refutted and isn't a "technical win".

also if you call me toxic again, i am going to have to ask the mod to ask you to stop, because i don't see how you calling me toxic is supposed to help anything, and frankly i think it is like trying to push me to be more toxic.

like i said it yesterday that i thought you were instigating, and then you call me toxic, am i supposed to think that your just voicing an opinion that isn't supposed to goad me? if we want to talk about town motivation, what is your motivation here?

I think it would be useful to us all if you did go into specifics
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think the only person misunderstanding things is Magikhorse

Ceejay asked questions that were already answered if i remember correctly
In post 902, Nauci wrote: Not_Mafia has gotten super quiet; what happened there
Hasn't he always been like this?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 904, Dunnstral wrote:I think the only person misunderstanding things is Magikhorse

No

NM I've seen posts a looot

Just with all the transparency and brevity of a speck of shit
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 905, Nauci wrote:
In post 904, Dunnstral wrote:I think the only person misunderstanding things is Magikhorse

No

I have never seen Not_Mafia post in any significant quantity, and only seen any quality from him in my first newbie game where he happened to be a town PR. I have no clue why you think he posts a lot.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Sorry still here, not replacing lol. Let me check up on this day so far.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

I agree that a no-kill is unlikely here, it's likely either one of the two JK options or the Bulletproof
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Okay, so I think Magik is pretty likely town still, even if they did suggest an option that isn't likely. And Scum is also pretty likely town too, so I've got a solid town pile with them + Nauci.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 905, Nauci wrote:

No

Rude
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Gamma could be a solid path to go down maybe? Not sure if they're really being like I've seen them as town.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hi NM, do you wanna talk about anything?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What's your favourite Zelda game?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 913, Not_Mafia wrote:What's your favourite Zelda game?
Ocarina of Time. Yours?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:53 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Eyy, got on the computers during first break. Did not expect this development, but it at least gives me the chance to say my current workfloor thoughts.
Dunnstral wrote:Ceejay asked questions that were already answered if i remember correctly
There's a difference between asking "why do you believe X" and "Why do you believe X over Y", but it's mostly minutia. I'll still say it's a better approach.

Even if you call it contradictory though, what point is it supposed to make? I just don't see it.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hey Magik I gotta sleep very soon, do you have quick questions for me lol?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay

Magick is probabaly over eager town over scum with a bad gambit on the basis of 900 and my personal golden rule of not scum reading someone over a single post

VOTE: myloninja
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 903, Nauci wrote:
In post 901, Firebringer wrote:

I think it would be useful to us all if you did go into specifics
Also this

Also being an omgus player is scum reading people for scumreading you so if you're going to split hairs you should at least actually try

And my motivation in calling you toxic is seeing it actually get to one of the players in the game who is conveniently also pushing the biggest scum read on you.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Still super frustrating that the most revealing ascpect of last night was that an already town player was still probabaly town
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

Majora Mask
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 900, MagikHorse wrote:

wrong

I skimmed the logic here and it checks out
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Haven't really played most of them, out of the ones I've played probably Link Between Worlds
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Firebringer
I wanted this yesterday, back to this
<Embrace The Void>

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 908, Myloninja13 wrote:I agree that a no-kill is unlikely here, it's likely either one of the two JK options or the Bulletproof
Poor que no los dos?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”