Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

replace out

mastina proves in post 1272 that she didn't bother to read the post before she word checked it.

she refuses to undo the infraction because it would prove she did so upon request.

the game integrity has been compromised and i'll be marking this game as a win.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1275, Lycanfire wrote:the game integrity has been compromised and i'll be marking this game as a win.
:shifty:

It shows up as 503 for me
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1275, Lycanfire wrote:
replace out

mastina proves in post 1272 that she didn't bother to read the post before she word checked it.

she refuses to undo the infraction because it would prove she did so upon request.

It’s just a warning... even I’ve had one, it’s not a big deal is it? Not a reason to leave surely?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

I don't think you need to worry too much about one warning. Just be more careful next time.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

And yes, that does mean I agree with Mastina's judgment there. You didn't use tags. That was the entire point of that discussion - if individual tags added to the word count. Instead, you opted to link and use quotations which were never clarified in anyway.

That being said, I don't get Math's reaction to it but I don't get Math's reaction to a lot of things this game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

replace out

In post 1276, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1275, Lycanfire wrote:the game integrity has been compromised and i'll be marking this game as a win.

.... And she doesn’t have to.

She is following the rules as she wrote them.

Furthermore I am town. Like wtf?

I came to post to say I got called into work anyway but I guess I don’t have to be on strike at the dot of for anymore.

That being said I don’t think you attack Mastina twice like that if you’re scum. So it’s still Trinity or Hiraki and we win.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1280, MathBlade wrote:
replace out

I came to post to say I got called into work anyway but I guess I don’t have to be on strike at the dot of for anymore.

That being said I don’t think you attack Mastina twice like that if you’re scum. So it’s still Trinity or Hiraki and we win.
Dunnstral and Math, please just vote so we can get this game over with. Obviously I’d prefer you to vote for Hiraki, as I know I’m not scum, and I think he is, but I’m not sure how to convince you at this point.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by mastina »

<<< Now seeking Lycanfire replacement. >>>
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1281, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1280, MathBlade wrote:
replace out

Dunnstral and Math, please just vote so we can get this game over with. Obviously I’d prefer you to vote for Hiraki, as I know I’m not scum, and I think he is, but I’m not sure how to convince you at this point.
@TrinityNZ We have limitless days. There is no reason not to wait on a replacement. Furthermore you seem to be newish to the site. I think no matter your alignment I think you should be working on trying to case or discuss. You say you don’t know how but the first step in doing so is trying.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

All this talk is telling me that my Dunn read is spot on but it'll never end in a town win at this rate
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by mastina »

<<< Ankamius replaces Lycanfire. >>>
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

Heya

I'm going to be doing my own investigation and see what it comes up with, but I have a couple questions also:

1. How did we lynch our PRs day one and day two
2. How did we lynch two scum immediately afterwards
3. What are the most important parts of the game to read through to have an idea of where to start?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

1) Fuzzy looked like he was trying to bait out the cop versus being the cop. His play didn’t jive with any sort of cop play.
2) Pine was being wagoned day two and then fake claimed protective. I had figured out that Army was the protective and tried a fake claim gambit so both would go into night so Evee or I would be killed. No one went along with the “let scum sort it out” which I maintain was smarter.
2) Jingle was pretty much outed before he replaced in and then did a scum tell I have for him. I told him the wrong thing and his response was just god awful.

3) The day evee was lynched is where I would start.

It spews Dunnstral town in my ISO I have quoted why.
Hiraki is also saying Dunn is scum without refuting those points.
Trinity is also refusing to provide content even with repeated poking.

I am thinking scum is a lock in Trinity+Hiraki. I don’t think Lycanfire does what he did as scum and if he did I am gonna pretend we won anyway as attacking Mastina is a pretty low blow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore both goons have flipped.
More than likely scum wouldn’t have bussed their encryptor day one. So more than likely we are looking for who scum townread or never mentioned. For this reason I am leaning towards the Magna slot since Hiraki is providing content. I find it incorrect content but mainly this game imho is onlock which is why the game is so slow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Your points are literally "he would NEVER do that"
What should i refute them with then the things I have said??
Just because you're not reasonable to change this game doesn't mean I haven't tried
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1287, MathBlade wrote:1) Fuzzy looked like he was trying to bait out the cop versus being the cop. His play didn’t jive with any sort of cop play.
2) Pine was being wagoned day two and then fake claimed protective. I had figured out that Army was the protective and tried a fake claim gambit so both would go into night so Evee or I would be killed. No one went along with the “let scum sort it out” which I maintain was smarter.
2) Jingle was pretty much outed before he replaced in and then did a scum tell I have for him. I told him the wrong thing and his response was just god awful.

3) The day evee was lynched is where I would start.

It spews Dunnstral town in my ISO I have quoted why.
Hiraki is also saying Dunn is scum without refuting those points.
Trinity is also refusing to provide content even with repeated poking.

I am thinking scum is a lock in Trinity+Hiraki. I don’t think Lycanfire does what he did as scum and if he did I am gonna pretend we won anyway as attacking Mastina is a pretty low blow.
It’s not that I’m refusing. I’m finding most of what’s being written impossible to understand so don’t know how to reply. I don’t know if it’s because I’m new and don’t know all the jargon yet, but this game seems more impenetrable than the others I’ve been in.

After the recent (bizarre) posting, my position hasn’t changed that Hiraki is scum and everyone else is town, so I’m happy to leave my vote where it is. MathBlade and Lycanfire went to more effort than I would imagine scum would, and Dunnstral has seemed pretty town all along.

I can do some analysis tomorrow night if that would make any difference, but to be honest, I’m pretty shit at it, and I don’t think it will change anything. I am wondering whether this forum might not be right for me. I have views and reads, for sure, but am not good at articulating them. I’ve tried different techniques in the three or four games I’ve played, but still get criticised for not doing enough, so that’s probably a sign that I’m not really up to it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1284, Hiraki wrote:All this talk is telling me that my Dunn read is spot on but it'll never end in a town win at this rate
Your theory is that I'm scum who was talking in the main thread instead of the scum thread, right?

How does the other talk do anything for you
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

1) It might just make a difference Trinity. If you suck at explaining yourself then through trying people can go “Hey wait a minute that doesn’t make sense” and then you either reexplain or realize your point doesn’t make sense.

Saying “hey I suck at town so I won’t try” doesn’t help. And that is what it feels like you’re doing.

2) If you are confused by something point it out.

Say in like post 123456 I was confused when you said blah blah blah

We are more experienced players (judging by the join date) so don’t be intimidated by that. The best way to get better is to try.

And if you’re scum (as I think you are) you get better at trying to fake your reads.

So win win
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1289, Hiraki wrote:Your points are literally "he would NEVER do that"
What should i refute them with then the things I have said??
Just because you're not reasonable to change this game doesn't mean I haven't tried
Yes.

I maintain that scum don’t flagrantly ask their buddies to do something in the main thread when there is an encyptor or day chat unless they are newbs. None of that applies.

Therefore your argument Dunn is scum holds no weight. The burden of proof is on you to prove why Dunn is scum to change my read. So either you have to refute my defense of that, accept it as valid, or provide more evidence in which Dunn is scum.

The person making the extraordinary claim has the burden of proof. Dunn is widely townread. Therefore to assume he isn’t is extraordinary and requires evidence.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

no thanks, would rather just lose than argue with a brick wall
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Hiraki »

the fact that my argument has been boiled down into "well, he's saying that he talked to him as if there was no day chat LOL" when my argument clearly goes over how Dunn favorably wanted Pine to live after being very negative toward Pine multiple times just doesn't give me any motivation to try with this anymore
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I found some interesting stuff

Can everyone here point to around 2-4 posts indicating roughly why your reads are the way they are (or more if it requires it, I'm actually not too picky about that) so I can cross-reference with my own thoughts?

The extent of my 'reads' is just a single strong townread and that's not quite enough for me, as well as not being a confident-type read that I'd be willing to lock.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1295, Hiraki wrote:the fact that my argument has been boiled down into "well, he's saying that he talked to him as if there was no day chat LOL" when my argument clearly goes over how Dunn favorably wanted Pine to live after being very negative toward Pine multiple times just doesn't give me any motivation to try with this anymore
Hiraki, I never thought I’d say this, but I just did an iso on Dunnstral, and now can’t for the life of me see why I thought he was obvtown. I hear what you’re saying.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1292, MathBlade wrote:1) It might just make a difference Trinity. If you suck at explaining yourself then through trying people can go “Hey wait a minute that doesn’t make sense” and then you either reexplain or realize your point doesn’t make sense.

Saying “hey I suck at town so I won’t try” doesn’t help. And that is what it feels like you’re doing.

2) If you are confused by something point it out.

Say in like post 123456 I was confused when you said blah blah blah

We are more experienced players (judging by the join date) so don’t be intimidated by that. The best way to get better is to try.

And if you’re scum (as I think you are) you get better at trying to fake your reads.

So win win
Thanks for the pep talk :) I will try. Though, throughout the game I have often asked questions, and mostly they haven’t been replied to. For example, why did Jingle self vote?

Nearly all of Lycanfire’s recent posts confused me, I barely understood a sentence in them, and now that he’s gone, I can’t ask him. Why does nobody seem fazed that he suddenly left like that, just for getting a warning? Is that a sign that his slot is the mafia one maybe? I had thought that Lycanfire must be town because surely nobody would put THAT much effort in if they were town, but I could be wrong.

MathBlade, you have looked like scum to me at various points, but I’m still leaning town on you. I might be changing my mind on Hiraki, after doing some ISOs, so that leaves Dunstraal as my scumlean ATM.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This game is fun

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”