Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1374, Ankamius wrote:Idk what you mean by strategy

Mine is to vote when I'm confident in a scumread
Your strategy for getting to a scum read...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

Read through the thread and note things as I see them, mainly

Idk, might need to ask questions but that's the general plan at least
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What do you need to read through? I thought you thought it was Trinity at day start
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh it probably is
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:39 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

I meant your strategy for this particular part of the game. I note you haven’t answered my question Dunn.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, general strategy for LyLo?

I don't have a lot of LyLo games, tbh. Most of the time as scum I'm caught long before then, and as town I'm generally nightkilled before LyLo unless I'm completely disengaged. BUT, I'm also the designated mislynch when I'm in that scenario, so it's easy to just look through the thread at the last scum and build a case on them. The one game I was in LyLo as town without being the designated mislynch, I had the last scum caught at day start and simply failed to convince the second other town to vote alongside me since I had burned all my influence with them beforehand.

But, general strategy for scum... well, that's hard to really answer since scum-me would never have pushed Hiraki down Day Five like I did.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1380, Ankamius wrote:Oh, general strategy for LyLo?

I don't have a lot of LyLo games, tbh. Most of the time as scum I'm caught long before then, and as town I'm generally nightkilled before LyLo unless I'm completely disengaged. BUT, I'm also the designated mislynch when I'm in that scenario, so it's easy to just look through the thread at the last scum and build a case on them. The one game I was in LyLo as town without being the designated mislynch, I had the last scum caught at day start and simply failed to convince the second other town to vote alongside me since I had burned all my influence with them beforehand.

But, general strategy for scum... well, that's hard to really answer since scum-me would never have pushed Hiraki down Day Five like I did.
Thanks. This is my first time in LYLO. This game could go on forever unless someone makes the first move.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by mastina »

<<< I hope you didn't forget about this game! >>>
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1382, mastina wrote:
<<< I hope you didn't forget about this game! >>>
I think we need a deadline :)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I actually forgot about this game, yes
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: TrinityNZ

This is who I believe is scum, I'll take the leap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

popping in before work to specifically not hammer
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1386, Ankamius wrote:popping in before work to specifically not hammer
So that means it’s Dunnstral who’s scum. I’m sure now.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

okay so I'm going through the thread now while I have some time and have any modicum of motivation (I've had basically zero motivation for mafia at all in weeks, so I'm abusing this while I can)

if either of you would like to case each other or detail why it doesn't make sense for you to be town (with quoted reasoning attached), then that would be very helpful

otherwise I'm hoping to have the entire game read and a decision mostly made before I go to sleep tonight

...because if I don't, it'll be weeks again before I want to...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm over halfway through (up to the eevee lynch) and one slot is looking fairly scum while the other is looking fairly town (both fairly consistently too)

I think this game is close to a wrap but I still will take into account what either of you want to say over the next 12ish hours if there's anything I might be missing regarding thought processes and the like
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1389, Ankamius wrote:I'm over halfway through (up to the eevee lynch) and one slot is looking fairly scum while the other is looking fairly town (both fairly consistently too)

I think this game is close to a wrap but I still will take into account what either of you want to say over the next 12ish hours if there's anything I might be missing regarding thought processes and the like
I would just try to say again in my defence that I have tried to hunt down scum in this game, whereas Dunnstral has made a minimal amount of effort. I’m sure you will have noticed that in your investigations. Despite repeated questions from me, Dunnstral has not really answered anything, and has just coasted along, trying to stay under the radar.

It will be interesting to hear what Dunnstral has to say, if anything.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Trinity's read on me changed after the other scum died, and not because of interactions or anything, he latched on to what other people said and went from saying "hiraki needs to die" to "hiraki and Dunn need to die" for this 3p, also Math was never voting me so I maintain that I would've killed ank or something rather than wifom around
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

alright I'm here and both posts have been taken into account, lemme think on it briefly before I cast my vote
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

(and don't worry I'm not going to give a deadline and miss it by another twelve hours again like I did today like a grade A chump)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Okay, so even though I don't have a whole lot of experience in LyLo (predominantly when I'm in LyLo, it's more I'm the designated mislynch due to being heavily disengaged), I should in theory have the correct type of mindset for solving games that reach this point.

First of all, just looking back throughout the first couple of in-game days, there's a big discrepancy between SirCakez and Dunnstral in how they post. Dunnstral throughout the game hasn't had very many particularly impressive sounding posts and he has had one of the worst track records in the entire game with activity (only beaten by myself), but I've been able to roughly piece together what his thought processes are when he does post. SirCakez, however, doesn't have an underlying thought process behind what he posts, his posting is weirdly jagged and all over the place.

With interactions, I'm ignoring Kokichi entirely because I'm pretty well convinced by this point that trying to analyze anything that Kokichi does is just a waste of time in pretty much every context. But, Pine has some really interesting interactions. Mainly, his interactions with Dunnstral don't strike me at all as a SvS mindset, it strikes me more as a "Dunnstral that doesn't know that Pine is scum" and a "Pine that knows Dunnstral is town" type interaction. The way that they interact doesn't really gel with how I'm reading Pine playing through the game. The Cakez slot... has interestingly few interactions with Pine, which makes me wonder if it's on purpose.

Regarding kills, I think a lot of them were targeted at the more active people in the game. Momrangal is the only one that I don't quite get under this umbrella, but that can be explained away by Kokichi being replaced out on Day Two, since... well, it's Kokichi. He probably has drastically different priorities in scumkills than most other players. The rest I don't remember especially having great reads from what I saw. But Umlaut was highly engaged, Wisdom was highly engaged, LuckyOtter was highly engaged, and Mathblade was highly engaged. I firmly believe that scum were looking to bank on apathy and general disinterest to hide the last scum, which could even have been as a result of Pine having to claim doctor on day two. This indicates to me that the last scum's scumgame is likely weak. This in turn makes me think that it's unlikely I'm having the wool specifically pulled over my eyes in order to be manipulated into this situation. It doesn't feel planned enough for that to be the case, so I'm more confident that the reads that jump out to me are more likely to be correct than the ones I would probably get from deeply analyzing the game.

Now, the last thing that really jumps out to me is the responses I got when I reaction tested both slots today. Both slots... honestly had disappointing results. However, Dunnstral's response was more town than Trinity's was. Dunnstral pushed a point I made and didn't take the bait I laid for him. I think scum-him would've been warier with the language I was using to describe my read, primarily, although this is kind of weak and isn't very convincing as a town tell. However, I laid a different trap for Trinity at the start of the day, which she set off squarely in a scum-mindset way. It was a deflection of my suspicion rather than an attempt to sort me or an effort to actually convince me that Dunnstral was scum over her.

That's ultimately what I think is going on here. Dunnstral, while his content by itself isn't particularly impressive, shines as a reasonable town slot in a game where he just got put under a lot of fire as one of scum's designated winning mislynches. SirCakez/TrinityNZ (I'm not counting Magna's... threeish posts) both had weird thought processes, bad interactions with flipped scum, and overall just don't match with the game as town. Everything I'm seeing points to Trinity being the last scum.

Fingers crossed.

TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1394, Ankamius wrote:Okay, so even though I don't have a whole lot of experience in LyLo (predominantly when I'm in LyLo, it's more I'm the designated mislynch due to being heavily disengaged), I should in theory have the correct type of mindset for solving games that reach this point.

First of all, just looking back throughout the first couple of in-game days, there's a big discrepancy between SirCakez and Dunnstral in how they post. Dunnstral throughout the game hasn't had very many particularly impressive sounding posts and he has had one of the worst track records in the entire game with activity (only beaten by myself), but I've been able to roughly piece together what his thought processes are when he does post. SirCakez, however, doesn't have an underlying thought process behind what he posts, his posting is weirdly jagged and all over the place.

With interactions, I'm ignoring Kokichi entirely because I'm pretty well convinced by this point that trying to analyze anything that Kokichi does is just a waste of time in pretty much every context. But, Pine has some really interesting interactions. Mainly, his interactions with Dunnstral don't strike me at all as a SvS mindset, it strikes me more as a "Dunnstral that doesn't know that Pine is scum" and a "Pine that knows Dunnstral is town" type interaction. The way that they interact doesn't really gel with how I'm reading Pine playing through the game. The Cakez slot... has interestingly few interactions with Pine, which makes me wonder if it's on purpose.

Regarding kills, I think a lot of them were targeted at the more active people in the game. Momrangal is the only one that I don't quite get under this umbrella, but that can be explained away by Kokichi being replaced out on Day Two, since... well, it's Kokichi. He probably has drastically different priorities in scumkills than most other players. The rest I don't remember especially having great reads from what I saw. But Umlaut was highly engaged, Wisdom was highly engaged, LuckyOtter was highly engaged, and Mathblade was highly engaged. I firmly believe that scum were looking to bank on apathy and general disinterest to hide the last scum, which could even have been as a result of Pine having to claim doctor on day two. This indicates to me that the last scum's scumgame is likely weak. This in turn makes me think that it's unlikely I'm having the wool specifically pulled over my eyes in order to be manipulated into this situation. It doesn't feel planned enough for that to be the case, so I'm more confident that the reads that jump out to me are more likely to be correct than the ones I would probably get from deeply analyzing the game.

Now, the last thing that really jumps out to me is the responses I got when I reaction tested both slots today. Both slots... honestly had disappointing results. However, Dunnstral's response was more town than Trinity's was. Dunnstral pushed a point I made and didn't take the bait I laid for him. I think scum-him would've been warier with the language I was using to describe my read, primarily, although this is kind of weak and isn't very convincing as a town tell. However, I laid a different trap for Trinity at the start of the day, which she set off squarely in a scum-mindset way. It was a deflection of my suspicion rather than an attempt to sort me or an effort to actually convince me that Dunnstral was scum over her.

That's ultimately what I think is going on here. Dunnstral, while his content by itself isn't particularly impressive, shines as a reasonable town slot in a game where he just got put under a lot of fire as one of scum's designated winning mislynches. SirCakez/TrinityNZ (I'm not counting Magna's... threeish posts) both had weird thought processes, bad interactions with flipped scum, and overall just don't match with the game as town. Everything I'm seeing points to Trinity being the last scum.

Fingers crossed.

Sigh. Mafia wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

well this is why I'm going back to retirement
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1396, Ankamius wrote:well this is why I'm going back to retirement
I really thought you would see that Dunnstral had done suspiciously fuck all this game, but I have to take responsibility for not making a good enough case.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

tbf Cakez kinda ruined your slot for me

his day one was really really sketchy
mastina
mastina