Post by Gypyx »

Mini Theme 2217 : Owner's Market Blitz

moderated by Gypyx
Setup Designed by Regfan

Playerlist :

Alisae
KittyTacky
mastina
Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 & PookyTheMagicalBear)
Cupcake Butterfly
ssbm_Kyouko
Flea The Magician
Mistyx
cyrus62
imaginality
marcistar
Distance
VFP

Spoiler: Living
Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 & PookyTheMagicalBear)
ssbm_Kyouko
Something_Smart
imaginality
marcistar

Spoiler: Dead
KittyTacky,
Mafia Goon
, executed day 1
Flea The Magician
Vanilla Townie
, Died Night 1
Cyrus62,
Vanilla Townie
, Executed Day 2
Distance
Vanilla Townie
, Died Night 2
Cupcake Butterfly,
Vanilla Townie
, executed day 3
VFP,
Vanilla Townie
, executed day 4
Mastina,
Vanilla Townie
, died night 4
Gamma Emerald
Mafia Goon
, executed day 5

Spoiler: Modkilled
Don't you dare

Replacement Queue :

Game Rules

"Heavily inspired" by brassherald's ruleset

General Rules/Game Etiquette
Obey all Site-wide Rules.
Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.

Activity/Prods/Replacements
Prods of missing players will be issued after 36 hours of no activity.
Anyone with less than 5 posts at end of day / actively avoiding to play the game will have a replacement searched for him during the night.
A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 36 hours please PM me or post bolded in the thread to declare V/LA.
Players in the Replacement Queue will have a 12 hours period to notify me if they're replacing in before the Replacement request goes public
I reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at my own discretion.

Deadlines

Deadlines for this game will be 3 days for each Day Phase. Night Phases will last a maximum of 48 hours.
Players may request an early end to the Night Phase by PM'ing me. Night will be cut short if all players request it.
Extensions are given only in exceptional circumstances, if you need one ask and justify why
If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.

Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for an Execution to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Execute will occur.
Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
Vote: Player
or VOTE: Player).
Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
You may Vote: No Execute - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without an execution
Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
I will not count votes that I perceive as based on the avatar of a user.

Miscellaneous

I will use
this color
for Mod posts. You may use it but don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis, I may modify the rules at any time, you will be notified of this if it happens
Last edited by Gypyx on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by Gypyx »

The Setup

The Basics

>
This will be a 10:3 Open Setup with every player starting as a Vanilla.
>
Mafia have daytalk and are allowed to use discord provided they all agree on it.
>
Mafia have a factional ability to hide the price sold for an item that can be used once per day phase either for the midday or day end update.
>
Town players will begin the game with a wallet of 500Ð and Mafia players will receive 800Ð.
>
Money cannot be transferred.
>
Players may use multiple abilities a night however can only use one shot of each ability maximum.
>
Players will flip with their alignment but not the roles they've obtained.

Auctions

>
Four limited shot roles from the pool of twenty available are selected randomly every day and auctioned off.
>
Bids are made inside your personal PT during the day phase and the player with the highest bid at day end will receive that role.
>
You may only bid the money remaining inside your wallet, you may increase a bid on an item but cannot use that money elsewhere.
>
You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
>
The winner of each auctioned item are not revealed publicly, just the bid itself.
>
There will be a mid day update 1 day into the day phase where the highest bid per item are revealed but not the winner again.
>
Items auctioned are removed from the potential list the following day.
>
Bids will no longer be eligible within the last 10 minutes of each day phase. Executed players can win an auctioned item.
>
Auctions will no longer take place after day four.

Marketplace Owner

>
Players will vote for a Marketplace Owner on top of the vote to execute in the thread during day one.
>
The player with the most votes at deadline will be elected the Marketplace Owner.
>
In the event of a tied vote upon deadline, the winner will be randomized.
>
The elected player privately submits an order to increase the odds of four items being up for auction the following day phase by 400%.
>
The elected player has this ability every night phase.
>
The elected player must designate a replacement in case they die, this is revealed publicly upon their death.
>
Marketplace Owners are no longer needed after day four.

Role PMs

Spoiler: Town PM
Vanilla townieWelcome ! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no power other than your voice and your vote

You win if the town survives to see all of the threats to them dead, you may find the game thread here

your private topic is here
Spoiler: Scum PM
Mafia GoonWelcome ! You are a
Mafia Goon

You are a member of the Mafia, along with [PLAYER] and [PLAYER], you may talk to them here at any time, and you can also perform the factional nightkill

You also posess a factional ability to to hide the price sold for an item, this can be used once per day phase for either the mid day or day end update.

You win if the mafia survives to see all of the threats to them dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening, you may find the game thread here

your private topic is here
Spoiler: Marketplace Owner PM
marketplace owner
You are now the Marketplace Owner!
Congratulations! You are have either been elected or assigned the role of Marketplace Owner.
You have the ability to select up to 4 items every night phase to increase the odds of it being up for auction the following day phase by 400%. Please do this by bolding
Enhance: Ability Name
for each item you choose.
You must also select who you wish to have this role assigned to in the event of your demise, you are able to have this person changed at any time up until your death via bolding
Assign: PlayerName
inside your PT.
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Spoiler: list of abilities
1. 1-shot Auction Detective : Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

2. 2-shot Auction Detective : Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

3. 1-shot Bulletproof : You are protected from the first Night-kill that has targeted you. Bulletproof is countered by Hitman.

4. 1-shot Day-Kill : Send me a private message with an order to kill someone during a day phase. That player will die.

5. 1-shot Cop : Choose another player. You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia".

6. 1-shot Commuter : All abilities that target you will be roleblocked. Commuter is countered by Hitman. Must select a night to use it.

7. 1-shot Doctor : Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

8. 2-shot Doctor : Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

9. 2-shot Gravedigger : Choose another player who has died. You will learn of all the abilities they had when they died.

10. 1-shot Godfather : You appear as "Not Mafia" on Cop reports, regardless of your actual alignment. Must select a night to use it.

11. 1-shot Hitman : Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

12. 2-shot Hitman : Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

13. 1-shot Jailkeeper : Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill and also unable to act.

14. 1-shot Neighborizer : Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

15. 2-shot Neighborizer : Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

16. 2-shot Ninja : You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on Tracker and Watcher reports. Must select a night to use it.

17. 1-shot Roleblocker : Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night will fail.

18. 1-shot Tracker : Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

19. 2-shot Tracker : Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

20. 2-shot Watcher : Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night.

Spoiler: remaining abilities
3. 1-shot Bulletproof : You are protected from the first Night-kill that has targeted you. Bulletproof is countered by Hitman.

4. 1-shot Day-Kill : Send me a private message with an order to kill someone during a day phase. That player will die.

6. 1-shot Commuter : All abilities that target you will be roleblocked. Commuter is countered by Hitman. Must select a night to use it.

7. 1-shot Doctor : Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

12. 2-shot Hitman : Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

14. 1-shot Neighborizer : Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

15. 2-shot Neighborizer : Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

19. 2-shot Tracker : Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.
Last edited by Gypyx on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

all role PMs have been sent !

game will start at 11 confirms

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.0Alisae (0)
KittyTacky (0)
mastina (0)
Smoke and Mirrors (0)
Cupcake Butterfly (0)
ssbm_Kyouko (0)
Flea The Magician (0)
Mistyx (0)
cyrus62 (0)
imaginality (0)
marcistar (0)
Distance (0)
VFP (0)

not voting (13) - Everyone

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to convict someone for tax evasion, day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-21 02:12:49)

Marketplace ownerAlisae (0)
KittyTacky (0)
mastina (0)
Smoke and Mirrors (0)
Cupcake Butterfly (0)
ssbm_Kyouko (0)
Flea The Magician (0)
Mistyx (0)
cyrus62 (0)
imaginality (0)
marcistar (0)
Distance (0)
VFP (0)

Please vote vote for the marketplace owner with HEAL: tags

auctionthe auctioned abilities are :

1-shot Cop

2-shot Doctor

1-shot Hitman

1-shot Roleblocker

bottom text
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

VOTE: cyrus62 for market owner and VOTE: fle for tax evasion
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

haha I took 1st vote and 1st post
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by VFP »

Hello, I just won big bucks on the horses and I'm here to spend spend spend!
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

How much you win vfp vote cyrus62 for market owner
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

HEAL: Flea

VOTE: cyrus62
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

HEAL: cyrus62
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Hello everyone, I didn't play with any of you because I mostly played normals. VOTE: Alisae
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by VFP »

Lots and lots of buckaroos!

What's the market owner?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

fle why the omg vote. Heal cyrus62
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

Marketplace Owner Vote: Alisae
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 12, VFP wrote:Lots and lots of buckaroos!

What's the market owner?
Market Owner basically selects 4 items and increases the chance of them showing up the following day by 400%.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Someone should go 301$ on the Cop.
I'm going to put 10$ on the hitman, and roleblocker, and a higher amount on the doctor that I am unsure of what it will be yet.
If this is not okay with you, you should outbid me.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

in a vacuum the only marketplace owners that should even be worth considering is me and pooky as we're probably both the smartest mechanical players when it comes to this setup. Pooky is probably better at bidding than I am and I know this setup like the back of my hand.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

How about this, since I think if I don't write this post, I'm going to get triggered that someone else as a marketplace owner is just going to do bad decisions.
If you want to be a marketplace owner, you should prove in some way that you'll be able to make competent decisions.
The only person I trust to make competent decisions are me and Pooky if he's town.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

If I am marketplace owner I will use secret titus strategy tm as marketplace owner to win the game.

the marketplace owner vote is extremely important because having a competent marketplace owner will go a long long ways.
You probably shouldn't be a marketplace owner if you don't have the strategic brain for it.

Anyways that's probably enough from me for tonight I'll see yawl tomorrow ig
GTKAS
| here.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hi all! My first game in forever.
The suggestion that we should vote the most strategic player as Market Owner, rather than the most townie-and-strategic, seems bad and maybe scummy.

VOTE: Alisae
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

HEAL: Alisae
GTKAS
| here.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:34 pm

Post by VFP »

HEAL: Alisae

So what am I bidding on?
I used to play in Luckys game modes like this and I'm pretty sure you lost what you bid even if you're out bidded.
Is it the same here?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1, Gypyx wrote:> You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
GTKAS
| here.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Post by VFP »

Sounds good.
I'll give the rules a proper read when I'm home.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”