NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I can't really get mad at that explanation.

I still think you performed an rather useless action though, which feels more pro-scum than it does town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1703, mastina wrote:
In post 1661, NDMath wrote:@Mastina Do you have any protest to taking the Vanilla role from your pack tonight? {Vanilla, Neighbor, 1-Shot Strongman, 1-Shot Strongman}
As a matter of fact, I will not be taking the Vanilla as I already took a killing role to deny it from scum (I initially was planning to take one of the other abilities but when I noticed the killing role I had to opt for it for the denial to scum, regrettably), so taking one of the strongmans actually makes more sense.

Obviously, I've no intention to claim more than that, today is never an eliminate-mastina day and highly likely neither is tomorrow so the soonest I'll need to justify myself is on D4 and by then I'm probably dead via scum nightkill or am in a much better place.
In post 1704, Dwlee99 wrote:No I know that. I mean what is the whole card cause "psychologist" isn't in the pack.
Oh I know why I missed it (other than just mastina!wall). It must have been in a preview after I woke up at 3am and either I 1.) Read it but forgot from immediately falling asleep or 2.) Didn't read it cause it wanted to sleep.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I can't really get mad at that explanation.

I still think you performed an rather useless action though, which feels more pro-scum than it does town.
Well I verified the claim of picking a killing role at least...

It was a dumb mistake and I was kicking myself when I found out
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So why did you check Mastina in the first place?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1800, Dwlee99 wrote:So to explain why I checked Mastina etc. I remembered that her and house felt linked during the game and these posts read as a chainsaw defense.
In post 204, House wrote:
In post 199, T3 wrote:
In post 195, House wrote:I'm going to get my groove on, today. Let's start with:

VOTE: T3

Their posts in regards to mastina do not feel at all genuine.
Did you roll scum?
I wish. At least I wouldn't feel so lost in this setup.

Why are you being so obtuse about mastina after the Townstumps game?
In post 205, House wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 76, T3 wrote:
In post 55, mastina wrote:
In post 6, Dunnstral wrote:I see mason in my card pack and will be picking it tonight
If any other town player sees mason at some point this game with me alive, they should take it
In post 36, Bingle wrote:
In post 10, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Bingle
Bingle amirite
Nah, I turned around. You’re left. It’s been a while since I looked at the deck, but I don’t remember any particular tricks as important. Dunn should probs not pick mason (we might can turn it into a parity cop), but I need to think on this. See y’all tomorrow.
Town.
In post 12, House wrote:VOTE: cyrus62
In post 40, cyrus62 wrote: Still trying to set up mis elim.
In post 45, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Taly
Town?
In post 5, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: flea
Scum? (Honestly hard to tell tho.)

Vote: Infinity 324
Fabricated a read on a naked RVS votw.
In post 118, T3 wrote:
In post 83, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 76, T3 wrote:Fabricated a read on a naked RVS votw.
Mastina does this
As town or as scum?

mastina just fabricated a whole reads list early d1 in Townstumps as town, so if you were in that game I don't buy these posts as genuine for a second.
In post 210, House wrote:
In post 207, T3 wrote:
Spoiler:
That doesn't change the fact that she made a fabricated readlist.
viewtopic.php?p=12817855#p12817855

This post was on the third page of d1.

You're being disingenuous.
Never mind i found this.

- Bunno
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1906, Almost50 wrote:Looks like my old tools of reading her are outdated.
What were your old tools of reading her?

For me titus always tried to make herself seem reasonable as scum, which she's not doing here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Disagree on "Titus makes herself sound reasonable as scum"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1915, Titus wrote:In Cats v Dogs, I was set up from the beginning in multiball with everyone and their brother FoSing me
First; I wasn't in that game. Second; neither of my 2 brothers plays mafia. This is hence an obvious lie; I say. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1916, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think town!Titus triples down on bad logic.
Let me tell you a short story..

Once upon a time (not long ago) Titus was Town in a game where she TR'd me and SR'd Toog. I was confident Toog was Town and defended the hell out of him, so when he flipped green she decided to sheep someone else's read on me and voted me next because "Oh, well.. my reads suck".

Now what were you saying?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1917, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1806, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 904, House wrote:Dwlee's sticky vote on A50 looks terribad.

If we're determined to not eliminate T3 today, I'll have to

VOTE: Norwee

tie the wagons up.

I refuse to vote with my top scumread, and I'm not a fan of how Norwe doesn't seem to even be trying to sort me.
This vote is explicitly tying the wagon so I think this points to town!norwee
I also did take a (sort of) position on Norwee.
Thanks for reminding me why I'm not voting "the cute and lovable goofball." :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1930, Infinity 324 wrote:What were your old tools of reading her?
Well, one of them was "Titus never busses unless absolutely necessary" and that was proven wrong in a recent game (NSG's Situation Room).

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1933, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1916, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think town!Titus triples down on bad logic.
Let me tell you a short story..

Once upon a time (not long ago) Titus was Town in a game where she TR'd me and SR'd Toog. I was confident Toog was Town and defended the hell out of him, so when he flipped green she decided to sheep someone else's read on me and voted me next because "Oh, well.. my reads suck".

Now what were you saying?
Lol honestly that's better than what's happening here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1935, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1930, Infinity 324 wrote:What were your old tools of reading her?
Well, one of them was "Titus never busses unless absolutely necessary" and that was proven wrong in a recent game (NSG's Situation Room).
Meta is made to be broken.

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1891, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mastina i'm not sure Dunnstral's activity or playstyle is all that allignment indicative. As Infinity said, they tend to be pretty low profile in almost all of their games.
I, however, hold no such shallow opinions as "Dunnstral has been inactive as both alignments and active as both alignments and therefore activity is nai".

I pay attention to the overall trends and the overall trends are that Dunnstral is active
more often
as town and inactive
more often
than scum, in a divide of 60/40 or greater.

Beyond that, even in Dunnstral's inactive town games, even when he is a lurksack doing fuckall of anything in his towngames, he still usually has a spike in activity at the end of D1 when D1's deadline is approaching and an elimination hasn't yet been reached. Whereas when he's scum, even if he's more active he is less present during that time overall.

Beyond that, that ignores how literally the
only
indicator he's town here is claimed role actions. (Which are actions that are, explicitly, not alignment indicative.) And by play there is literally
nothing
town there. Yet there is quite decent scum indicators present--scum indicators that would apply to ANY player, not just Dunnstral.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1931, Dwlee99 wrote:Disagree on "Titus makes herself sound reasonable as scum"
Why? It’s a bit more nuanced than scumTitus makes more sense, but Titus is generally aware of how her actions will be perceived when she’s scum and I don’t see this as a plan to win herself any major cred.

As far as bussing, Titus prefers not to bus but is absolutely aware of that perception and more than capable of subverting it for reads. She has been since at least 2015.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

It just is not my experience that scum!Titus attempts to make sense.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1920, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Titus instead of voting Bingle how about voting here for now.
VOTE: Dwlee
I get the night action bit and the fact that defending me is entirely NAI, but what do you make of his partner analysis of House? It strikes me as both risky and effort intensive to fake.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1940, Dwlee99 wrote:It just is not my experience that scum!Titus attempts to make sense.
Again, I don’t think it’s a dichotomy of makes sense/doesn’t make sense. It’s about the result of her push. Why does Titus doggedly hold to a tunnel that’s not earning her any support and almost certainly doesn’t result in an elimination if she doesn’t believe she’s right?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Because she believes it can eventually lead to a mislim if she pushes the logic long enough probably.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

It also gives her an extremely easy way to play the game without worrying too hard about solving: just post about us instead of the game at large.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by NDMath »

Been busy with state fair stuff, will try to up my activity level for the rest of the day phase.
In post 1841, Bingle wrote:
In post 1832, Titus wrote:Since rolecop has a gun (I thought it didn't), I have a gun. I rolecopped NDMath as I felt her claim was bullshit.
Townpoints. Best use of rolecop is to confirm already claimed roles. Doesn’t clear math at all though.
These statements technically cannot both be true (Unless I'm misunderstanding you). Telling the truth has to be at least slightly town-indicative for me (to balance out lying being a guilty) or else I was an awful rolecop target.

In post 1850, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1844, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1831, Infinity 324 wrote:She was pretty obviously town on d1 imo, the best example of which was when she very confident explained why she can't be scum here.
Which post was that?
Idk i’ve been mostly townreading them for the effort but i don’t really like how tunneled they are.
I had expressed my problems with that set of posts in 1033 and 1349.
Based on Bingle's answers to me around that time the conclusion is I just don't know how to read mastina at all, so like I'm struggling to be confident in a read on mastina.

Kind of want to vote dwlee here, but it's moreso an I don't want to vote anyone else as of now.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1945, NDMath wrote:These statements technically cannot both be true (Unless I'm misunderstanding you). Telling the truth has to be at least slightly town-indicative for me (to balance out lying being a guilty) or else I was an awful rolecop target.
Sure they can. The best town use of a rolecop is on an already claimed player in an attempt to catch them in a lie. That would be a guilty. You having told the truth about your claim doesn't make you more likely to be town. It's kind of like how a N1 track with no result in a normal isn't really useful information, but a N1 track to a kill is very useful information.

The reason Titus gets townpoints for targeting you here is that Titus now has to be able to claim what you are before you do or be confirmed to have not targeted you with a rolecop. From a town perspective, there were three decent rolecop options mechanically: you, A50 and mastina. I don't think any town rolecop would actually target A50 and it would have been the better move as scum to target mastina, given there were multiple options for her role that are dangerous to scum in different ways.

WRT your PoE being so small, do you mind sharing a readslist? Particularly interested in your takes on A50/Dunn/Norwee.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I still think you performed an rather useless action though, which feels more pro-scum than it does town.
Isn't that usually more likely to come from town though?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1947, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I still think you performed an rather useless action though, which feels more pro-scum than it does town.
How so?

- Bunno
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1948, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1947, Dunnstral wrote:
How so?
I feel scum are usually more careful and don't tend to use plays like this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”