clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5150 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by clidd »

That's assuming you're town, something I don't have interpretive means of seeing, because the conclusion that makes the most sense to me right now is that you're scum.

Another problem is that town!you would also imply scum!chara, so I would need to be comfortable with an explanation of how scum!chara would work in the game we're in (and why it would be more likely than scum!you).

I'm waiting to see if any sparks arise in my interpretation of the game, but nothing you posted even gave me the slightest impression of town mentality, so /shrug
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5151 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 5148, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 5146, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if u 2 vote chara and chara scum self hammers that would be a lovely end to this game clap clap
It’s extremely important that we don’t rush this vote, so no one should vote before me and Pooky are confident.
Yep, I'm not rushing anything, although I still keep the flea scum solve.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5152 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by clidd »

@Flea

Not saying you have an obligation to convince me, since from the perspective of town!you I should be the one trying to convince you, but if we both follow that line basically nothing will change or happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I really needed something strong to doubt Chara or something coming from you that would make me question my current perspective about you.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by clidd »

Also, a point that would be interesting for you to talk about is the non-revaluation of Tanner by play, as you gave more credibility to the result of a mechanical theory (which we had no idea if it was reliable or not) instead of checking if Tanner seemed more towny or scummy for you.

I don't see how town!flea would insist on this angle.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #5154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 5149, clidd wrote:I mean, while from my perspective your slot looks awful, from your perspective I'm not playing the town!clidd model you have, so it would probably be difficult for you to consider any post on my part as relevant to townread me (considering that in this world I would never act according to your expectations).

We would go around in circles of bad impressions about each other indefinitely until a greater force stops the loop (vote/elim).
There are several worlds in which you can still achieve your town model, which is the funny thing here.
It's almost as if you know you can't reach that level.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:32 pm

In post 5152, clidd wrote:@Flea

Not saying you have an obligation to convince me, since from the perspective of town!you I should be the one trying to convince you, but if we both follow that line basically nothing will change or happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I really needed something strong to doubt Chara or something coming from you that would make me question my current perspective about you.
I have no intention to convince you, or anyone for that matter.
What I'm finding the most curious here is your wording (My slot is oppressive scum more than chara is, which is an interesting word choice...) and your attempts to shut down conversation by saying we're just going to loop endlessly.

So break the loop. I have no intention to convince anyone of my alignment, what I do want to do is help Amy and Pooks gather enough information to make accurate choices. Thats my loop breaker.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:34 pm

In post 5153, clidd wrote:Also, a point that would be interesting for you to talk about is the non-revaluation of Tanner by play, as you gave more credibility to the result of a mechanical theory (which we had no idea if it was reliable or not) instead of checking if Tanner seemed more towny or scummy for you.

I don't see how town!flea would insist on this angle.
I am a strong mechanics player, and a weak reads player.
Mechanics were showing in favour at that moment and we did not have the information we have now. I said the moment the theorem was proven wrong, I would leave it, and I did. I have several tinfoils, all of which are impressive stretches even by my standards.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 5138, Chara wrote:
In post 5128, clidd wrote:actually, I had a scumroll on my tm-mafia debut iirc but I ended up freezing in that game so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i was in team mafia once and that will be the only time. mafia stress x10 and it's just not a fun atmosphere.
I do remember getting excited to roll scum with clidd and then him ditching me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

I tyink it’s extremely important that whichever two of you are town, don’t auto assume who’s scum but be opej to the possibility that you could be wrong.

Like I agree Chara looks very good rn but it also is experiencing no pressure here from either Clidd or Flea and if both of you are town, we won’t be able to tell if Chara receives no pressure from either of you. It will be a lot easier to accurately evaluate Chara if it can’t just easily coast.

Like Robert played extemely scummy but he wound up flipping town. Chara may still be town but sonlong as it experiences 0 pressure from either Clidd or Flea, it’s really hard to be certain.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im ok with chara picking out who is town between clidd/flea and yeeting that one first so the other can properly play the game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #5160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:26 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 5158, Amy Dunne wrote:Like I agree Chara looks very good rn but it also is experiencing no pressure here from either Clidd or Flea and if both of you are town, we won’t be able to tell if Chara receives no pressure from either of you. It will be a lot easier to accurately evaluate Chara if it can’t just easily coast.
i am under pressure right now. this is so much pressure. i've only been posting this much because i'm trying to show i'm town. like it is to the point i almost want to just be wrong and scum gets eliminated today so i don't have to go into Elo and drag it out even more.
coasting is what i do when we have miseliminations and i have other players to sheep/soundboard off of. this is not that.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #5161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:30 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 5159, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im ok with chara picking out who is town between clidd/flea and yeeting that one first so the other can properly play the game.
i am doing my best and i will keep doing that but having me choose to eliminate today by myself is ridiculous if that's what you mean, i don't trust my reads that much. tell me what you think of what i've done so far, i've said why i think clidd is town.

and @Amy - when you say Ydrasse pocketing clidd, do you mean her townread on him or something specific?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by Yang »

It's me. I should choose
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 pm

In post 5158, Amy Dunne wrote:I tyink it’s extremely important that whichever two of you are town, don’t auto assume who’s scum but be opej to the possibility that you could be wrong.

Like I agree Chara looks very good rn but it also is experiencing no pressure here from either Clidd or Flea and if both of you are town, we won’t be able to tell if Chara receives no pressure from either of you. It will be a lot easier to accurately evaluate Chara if it can’t just easily coast.

Like Robert played extemely scummy but he wound up flipping town. Chara may still be town but sonlong as it experiences 0 pressure from either Clidd or Flea, it’s really hard to be certain.
My other dilemma currently is that any pressure applied from me is worth nothing.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5164 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:01 am

In post 5160, Chara wrote:
In post 5158, Amy Dunne wrote:Like I agree Chara looks very good rn but it also is experiencing no pressure here from either Clidd or Flea and if both of you are town, we won’t be able to tell if Chara receives no pressure from either of you. It will be a lot easier to accurately evaluate Chara if it can’t just easily coast.
i am under pressure right now. this is so much pressure. i've only been posting this much because i'm trying to show i'm town. like it is to the point i almost want to just be wrong and scum gets eliminated today so i don't have to go into Elo and drag it out even more.
coasting is what i do when we have miseliminations and i have other players to sheep/soundboard off of. this is not that.
Frankly none of us should be self-voting at this point anyway.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5165 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:43 am

In post 5162, Yang wrote:It's me. I should choose
Who would you choose?

And this may be a slightly touchy subject, but without Yin to provide balance, what happens to you now?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5166 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 am

Post by clidd »

Meh answers from Flea.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5167 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:32 am

Post by clidd »

In post 5158, Amy Dunne wrote:I tyink it’s extremely important that whichever two of you are town, don’t auto assume who’s scum but be opej to the possibility that you could be wrong.

Well, we have 2-3 days to figure this out.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:33 am

Post by clidd »

I don't have as many current concerns about Chara other than the fact that I didn't like its posting in the period before the ydrasse flip, but that was on a tonal level, so it's hard to turn it into a palpable argument.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:38 am

Post by clidd »

The feeling I had was that the posting seemed planned and not spontaneously organic from a transparent perspective, in the sense that there seemed to be a filter between what it thought and what was transmitted (similar to the scumread I had on scum!hopkirk), although maybe this could be a playstyle trait (reserved/not posting compulsively what you're thinking 24-7).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 am

Post by clidd »

I'm not so vigorous cognitively rn (and I'll be busy with work) but I plan to take another look at chara/ydrasse interactions. At first glance it didn't seem s/s to me, but let's see if anything changes at a second look.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Yang »

I'm a strong independent woman that don't need no man
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:12 am

Post by LavosCore »

In post 5166, clidd wrote:Meh answers from Flea.
And a deliberate attempt to evade further interaction
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5173 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:13 am

Post by LavosCore »

In post 5169, clidd wrote:The feeling I had was that the posting seemed planned and not spontaneously organic from a transparent perspective, in the sense that there seemed to be a filter between what it thought and what was transmitted (similar to the scumread I had on scum!hopkirk), although maybe this could be a playstyle trait (reserved/not posting compulsively what you're thinking 24-7).
So comparing that to how I've been...?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5174 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:25 am

Post by clidd »

In post 5172, LavosCore wrote:
In post 5166, clidd wrote:Meh answers from Flea.
And a deliberate attempt to evade further interaction
Correct.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”