Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2123, Titus wrote:I'm not sure how feasible this is but what about adding things like

N2 Tracker or Strongman that way there's a scum role and a town role in the same pack
Could definitely be feasible, but the reason we didn't go that route was because scum already has a huge incentive to take strong town roles (See Dwlee with the Gsmith). And given the number of ways town can fuck with results (millers, roleblocks, ascetics) scum can't really safely fake their action.

I think if you want value added scumroles, you should probably go with and instead of or. (N2 Tracker AND SMan) or (Compulsive 1-shot Ascetic AND Novice Disloyal Checker) or (Compulsive Gun Vendor AND Novice 1 Shot Gunsmith) would all be ways of stapling scum utility to a powerful town role, though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2124, Flea The Magician wrote:Can we please not just yeet the freaking fairy for making sense D1?
Next time get a N0 guilty. Clearly your fault. :P

(I'd say I wasn't responsible for your lim because I was just a deadline vote, but I spent most of D1 snuggled into Norwee's pocket so that's not much better. Completely missed the subtext of your hints though.)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sorry, not sorry.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

Eh.. a win that I probably don't deserve, but I'll take it anyway.

GGa

Thanks for modding, MC

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:25 am

Post by cyrus62 »

a little disappointing dw giving up like that .
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2130, cyrus62 wrote:a little disappointing dw giving up like that .
There wasn't a way to win at that point. I had a guilty on me
I prefer they, thanks :)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2131, Dwlee99 wrote:
There's always the possibility of 5 simultaneous modkills!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There's always the chance you could convince everyone that NDMath got an fake result from an drunk mod.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

By claiming his result, NDMath actually broke the rule on quoting mod communication.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2132, Bingle wrote:
In post 2131, Dwlee99 wrote:
There's always the possibility of 5 simultaneous modkills!
Or just .. Say it wasn't you

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2127, Bingle wrote:
In post 2124, Flea The Magician wrote:Can we please not just yeet the freaking fairy for making sense D1?
Next time get a N0 guilty. Clearly your fault. :P

(I'd say I wasn't responsible for your lim because I was just a deadline vote, but I spent most of D1 snuggled into Norwee's pocket so that's not much better. Completely missed the subtext of your hints though.)
yeah I figured you'd missed them, I was trying to stay discreet :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2134, Dwlee99 wrote:By claiming his result, NDMath actually broke the rule on quoting mod communication.
By giving Math his result, MCat influenced the game in the favor of town. We're gonna have to reroll the game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Heyyy, how about we discuss the upcoming MBOS game that you may sign up to in this convenient link -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66263&start=9275
Did you know it still has open slots?
Did you know it's an upcoming game hosted by the greatest chad of chad's, Schadd?
Did you know this is an great opportunity to sign up for an new game with yours truly?

This has been an sponsored post.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2137, Bingle wrote:
In post 2134, Dwlee99 wrote:By claiming his result, NDMath actually broke the rule on quoting mod communication.
By giving Math his result, MCat influenced the game in the favor of town. We're gonna have to reroll the game.
We're gonna have to declare an automatic scum victory for this scum miscommunication.
GG town, sucks to be you.

- Bunno
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I am usually against scum conceding, but this was a clearcut case where the game was going to end once people read up. No reason to drag it out
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 2097, MURDERCAT wrote:Very interested in feedback about both the overall concept and specific roles. If anyone has ideas for how to give scum a bit more power please share. Unfortunately there aren't that many roles that give scum power in their own right, most are also useful for town or just counteract town power. I do think adding another vig/vengeful in could be fun.
First thought is that mafia could benefit a decent amount (depending on their starting cards) from the three 1-Shot rolecops being dropped, since it allows them more opportunity to lie about their n1 card.

Currently vanilla cards just never get taken because the game will rarely last to night 5 (each hand averages 1 vanilla) and if it does there's just gonna be four or five decks left at that point. Just adding vanillas to inflate the 104 card deck to 117 (averaging 1.5) or 130 (averaging 1.75) would benefit scum.

Thinking on it more, inflating the amount of vanilla cards to a point of balance is probably just a lazier solution compared to going through and decreasing the strength of roles.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by NDMath »

^also don't think either of the above are enough to reach balance, just notable progress
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by House »

GG all, thanks for hosting, M Cat.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2085, NDMath wrote:VOTE: dwlee
Hard Guilty
Dwlee was pretty fucked here because giving an odd-night doctor to the slot who knew exactly where either an N3 follower or N3 watcher was, was...let's just say, a mistake. :P I was protecting NDMath so even if Dwlee shot NDMath instead of me, wouldn't have worked.
In post 2068, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mastina is just that good at reading me you see.
/s
In post 436, mastina wrote:
In post 372, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Lol Infinity r u town.
Oh wow. I legit didn't know your scumgame was this obvious, Norwee, but hot damn is it that obvious.

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
This is the hardest of hard accuses.
If NorwegianboyEE doesn't flip scum, immediately eliminate me.
I'm
that
sure that Norwee is scum here.
This is a hard 1v1
In post 2081, MURDERCAT wrote:NorwegianboyEE was...
a mafia N2 Watcher and 1-shot commuter!
Apparently? Yes. /sincere

:P
In post 2098, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hard gulties always ruin the fun.
To be fair: I was convinced the last scum was either Dunnstral or Dwlee and figured that with NDMath we could guilty the final scum or clear the townie in the two of them and just eliminate the other and even if we didn't, we could yeet both one after the other.

House was someone who had a decent chance of being eliminated even without the guilty.

Also, to a large extent, both of the scum's prior nightkills were absolutely horrible. Killing cyrus didn't help them at all and killing T3 was actually detrimental to them because T3 was the main alternative to eliminating Norwee so I don't think you can blame the loss solely on two guilties. It also was imo a large amount of scum misplays which snowballed an insurmountable lead because past a certain point, all the second guilty did was speed up what was going to happen anyway.

Granted, the setup may need tweaking since the scum have less control than they did in the original iteration of the setup and the town is stronger from having more control than they did in the original iteration of the setup leading to the setup in most rngs being more townsided, but I wouldn't say the townsidedness of the setup is the reason scum lost, here.
In post 2121, Bingle wrote:We could add some non factional tracking roles (follower that can’t pick up the nk), some off the cuff utility roles (the ability to leave behind a message when limmed), some additional disruptive roles (commute style non investigative hider) and communication roles (more neighborizors) to the main packs.

Scum wouldn’t go wrong with a factional action or two as well (rolecop/roleblocker).

Otherwise, running as is 11:4 would probably work as a fix.
For the record, I feel like I could give good feedback there but am not up to the task right now.
In post 2110, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also Momrangal apparently only switched out because they forgot this game existed, so screw you everyone that said it was an scum indicative replace out.
I mean, my suspicion on Momrangal was soft, based off of her one post before she flaked--it looked like a scum post, obviously, but it was just one post and I wasn't convinced that her flakeout was scum-indicative. (Not that it mattered given that I still felt it was reasonably persuasive anyway.)

My suspicion was 98% due to you and your actions tho. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by mastina »

I tried to defend you, Flea! <3

(I even on policy refused to vote outside your wagon as a sort of vengeance from the grave type thing. :P)
In post 2126, Bingle wrote:
In post 2123, Titus wrote:I'm not sure how feasible this is but what about adding things like
N2 Tracker or Strongman that way there's a scum role and a town role in the same pack
Could definitely be feasible, but the reason we didn't go that route was because scum already has a huge incentive to take strong town roles (See Dwlee with the Gsmith). And given the number of ways town can fuck with results (millers, roleblocks, ascetics) scum can't really safely fake their action.

I think if you want value added scumroles, you should probably go with and instead of or. (N2 Tracker AND SMan) or (Compulsive 1-shot Ascetic AND Novice Disloyal Checker) or (Compulsive Gun Vendor AND Novice 1 Shot Gunsmith) would all be ways of stapling scum utility to a powerful town role, though.
(I don't really like this route btw as I feel like it strays from the core mechanic of the Draft...well, mechanic. Yes, it's technically still picking a role, but it is picking a role in a way that doesn't feel like it's picking a role, if that makes sense. Also, while I realize role evolutions haven't been added to the Open version of the setup, "role1 AND role2" would make role evolutions even harder to figure out than they already are.)
In post 2141, NDMath wrote:Thinking on it more, inflating the amount of vanilla cards to a point of balance is probably just a lazier solution compared to going through and decreasing the strength of roles.
This is more along my lines for what I think would be a good fix.

If the problem is too many investigatives possible in the packs, you
can
fix that by removing the investigatives (or further nerfing them), or you
can
fix the problem by adding more scum counters to those roles (or further buffing the existing ones), but imo the fastest fix would just be to add more cards to the total, making each pack less likely to contain an overflow of gamebreaking investigatives. If there's only a 1/10 chance of getting a useful investigative rather than a 3/5 or so chance of getting a useful investigative, it makes it less likely you'll get an investigative overload, while still maintaining the funness of the setup and allowing for further tweaking and potentially the ability to create the evolved roles eventually.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Thanks everyone for all the feedback (and please keep it coming)! I will probably compile it and post it in the discussion thread, so anyone interested in talking for about it should check there in a few days.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Cyrus was claiming an investigative check on house and doctor shots and was considered obviously town. I think he was an alright shot. With t3 I was trying to get rid of the N3 tracker cause I knew it could end up screwing me over (which happened with the follower instead).
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Cyrus only looked like a bad kill because of the flip but he had a good pack
GTKAMURDERCAT

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2147, Dwlee99 wrote:With t3 I was trying to get rid of the N3 tracker cause I knew it could end up screwing me over (which happened with the follower instead).
Well there were two N3 actions in my starting pack so the only way you could get rid of both was to kill me N1 or NDMath N2 as I had both the N3 follower and the n3 watcher. (My original plan was to take the N3 watcher, but when Norwee lived I changed to wanting the N3 follower to catch Norwee by role if nobody eliminated Norwee by play...and it was at that time I noticed the vengeful and was forced to pick it up.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”