Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 298, Bingle wrote:
In post 290, Loftwing wrote:
Why do you rank Kyouko so high up?
Kyouko’s response to “I think loft was trying to dig for how to escape a potential strat” was to immediately ask about the strat. Additionally, 161, 166, and 226 all struck me as town motivated.
Where did Kyouko respond to that specifically? I don't particularly think 226 is a response to that.

I find those posts unimpressive.
In post 291, Loftwing wrote:
In post 287, Bingle wrote:
In post 285, Loftwing wrote:Mafia want to stay aliveee, while also maybe scumhunting, but probably just hunting for town.
Literally the opposite. Multi ball is hard specifically because scum can and should genuinely scumhunt which makes generating reliable townreads more difficult.

Hunting cult atp is generic scumhunting without the associative tells.
The mafia need to strike a balance between genuinely scumhunting, and hunting for town, because they can never genuinely find their own teammates.
They don’t have to genuinely find their own teammates. That’s the point. They can genuinely find other groups.
Granted, but the first point of staying alive still holds.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 244, cyrus62 wrote:Makes note to town skip page ten I think loft and bingel are working together .
In post 254, cyrus62 wrote:HEAL: loft not that healing is part of this game but at this point I trust them more then most.
This, btw, is my sole reason for scumreading Cyrus. I can see the scum slip argument if I squint, but everything other than this weird shade for engaging in scum theater just reads as Cyrus being Cyrus to me.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 299, Bingle wrote:
In post 294, Loftwing wrote:What irrelevant mechspeak could you be talking about?
Basically everything about the strategy post the invalidation of the strategy. And yes, I’m aware that it is mostly my fault the discussion exists.
I think that while ultimately useless in terms of mechanics, it did offer an opportunity to be a goldmine for jumpstarting the game. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of events in the game so far.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Loftwing »

I do find it odd that no neutral players have claimed yet. Then again, half of them would be a Serial Killer anyway.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 163, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 65, Bingle wrote:So… I have a method by which we could maybe break the game but it is both unfun and at the very least against the spirit of the rules.

Thoughts?
How can this be done? You said "maybe" - does it depend on what people actually rolled, or are you unsure if it will work and it is independent of rolls?
In post 169, Bingle wrote:
In post 163, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 65, Bingle wrote:So… I have a method by which we could maybe break the game but it is both unfun and at the very least against the spirit of the rules.

Thoughts?
How can this be done? You said "maybe" - does it depend on what people actually rolled, or are you unsure if it will work and it is independent of rolls?
It does depend on the rolls (there are theoretical worlds where it nets us no information in fact) and would explicitly not work with me or anyone I was partnered with. In fact, prior knowledge of how it works completely negates any advantage it might bring.

Were you aware I just called out loftwing as potential scum because it felt like they were fishing for ways to mitigate the strategy?
This progression, loft. It rings like she don’t give no fucks about how she’s seen, which is the opposite of survivalism.

And yeah, I didn’t mean to include survivalism in the umbrella of literally the opposite. That is a tell that still applies, although it’s also a PR tell, which is largely why I was hoping we’d get a jester claim today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 303, Loftwing wrote:I do find it odd that no neutral players have claimed yet. Then again, half of them would be a Serial Killer anyway.
It’s entirely possible they simply don’t exist.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Loftwing »

I don't find that you brought it up and they failed to respond to it as them responding to it.

I feel like survivalism is more of a scum trait, but it can very much be found in town players, even vanilla town players. I would very much like to not die is what I'm trying to say, regardless of alignment.
It can also be the case that someone might be emulating fatalism to seem more townlike, since town aren't supposed to care if they die.
Bingle wrote:
In post 303, Loftwing wrote:I do find it odd that no neutral players have claimed yet. Then again, half of them would be a Serial Killer anyway.
It’s entirely possible they simply don’t exist.
Granted, but it is not entirely likely.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

It....it is entirely likely
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Loftwing »

It has less than a 50% chance of occurring, assuming that no one who rolled neutral fudged against it.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Loftwing »

Granted, I can't give a precise percentage of there being no neutrals, but I can give a naïve estimate.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

But you also have to account for any SKs that obviously wouldn't claim. Also, I'm someone that rolled a 20 on my alignment die and fudged it to make myself town. I wouldn't be surprised if other people rolled a 20 and fudged it one way or another like I did
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Loftwing »

If a Serial Killer existed, then there would necessarily be Neutrals in the game. Granted, they are scum Neutrals, but there would still be neutrals.

I don't entirely understand why you would fudge your alignment, unless your role was already good as is.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: Loftwing
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 116, Save The Dragons wrote:can you elaborate your vote on
owl
Loftwing
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

no i cannot

a whisper from Cerberus himselfs did tell me to vote you
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 am

Post by cyrus62 »

My vote is not moving from west. At the start of every day in my 1st post I will vote west. Till I'm proven other wise or one of us is dead.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:53 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Two more pages then I will give my Poe . Right now if push came to shove . Dw west bingel mama rue and rider I think town wins if all these players are voted off.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 296, cyrus62 wrote:this is why i think me posting is hurting town. note bingel may have already found out my role so hes hoping to get me to out it. and i cant express this enough me outing my role hurts town and helps scum. so fucking lay off.
Frankly? No. And I wouldn't even if I were scum.

I care exactly 0 about your role. I neither trust you to be telling the truth about your role being powerful, nor your ability to determine whether your role is powerful in the first place. If indeed outing your role would hurt town as much as you say it would, that's on you for being fucking obvious in the first place. Further, given the way the setup is made, there is a very good chance we have an abundance of powerful roles because people with shit roles can simply fudge off of them,
and your quest for fudge applications has been the single most damaging rolefishing attempt in the thread.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 317, Bingle wrote:
In post 296, cyrus62 wrote:this is why i think me posting is hurting town. note bingel may have already found out my role so hes hoping to get me to out it. and i cant express this enough me outing my role hurts town and helps scum. so fucking lay off.

I care exactly 0 about your role. I neither trust you to be telling the truth about your role being powerful, nor your ability to determine whether your role is powerful in the first place. If indeed outing your role would hurt town as much as you say it would, that's on you for being fucking obvious in the first place. Further, given the way the setup is made, there is a very good chance we have an abundance of powerful roles because people with shit roles can simply fudge off of them,
and your quest for fudge applications has been the single most damaging rolefishing attempt in the thread.
Sure . I haven't acted this way as vt. Nor have I acted this way as scum in the past. So ask your self why would I.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 310, Dragon of the West wrote:Also, I'm someone that rolled a 20 on my alignment die and fudged it to make myself town.
Blatant lies
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:49 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Hmm name what number sucks the most on the 3dr dice and why.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Enchant »

"Simple"

No doubt.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:00 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Yeah Simple on the modifier die is a big woof for me. Finder is also situationally pretty weak on the role die.

@Reg, why are you so concerned specifically with Enchant's alignment die? Seems like a weird thing to latch on to
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 322, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Yeah Simple on the modifier die is a big woof for me. Finder is also situationally pretty weak on the role die.

@Reg, why are you so concerned specifically with Enchant's alignment die? Seems like a weird thing to latch on to
He wanted to know mine to.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:13 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 317, Bingle wrote:

Come at me. Dude I didn't lie last time I played this game. What makes I would this time. You know I think your bad in fact your next in line behind west on my list. Just be happy I never get the role I want . Cyrus as day vig would be so sweet. . I know the role isn't in this game but is thire such a role that could mute a player.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”