Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 24, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know, I figured I’d get more reactions to my RQS than I have so far, maybe people just don’t care when I do it anymore.
I am curious why Critter thinks Dunn is an easy read though.
Because he is. Lmao. I don’t want to out my alt yet but I think my record reading him is good compared to other players. Some players are easier reads to me than others.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

How much do you like to use meta?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I've never had a Mt.Dew or any of it's offshoots. I did have a Mellow Yellow 30ish years ago after watching Days of Thunder. The only things I know about Pepsi Products is that Mt.Dew hard carries their brand, and Taco Bell has to remind me that they serve Sierra Mist and not Sprite.

I prefer Arnold Palmers if I need caffeine.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I used to enjoy diet Mountain Dew but can’t really have it with my anxiety medication (it’s got grapefruit juice in it)
But I’d probably still enjoy a Code Red on occasion (aka WHEN I CAN FIND ONE (read that in the voice of Dad Turner from Fairly Odd Parents))
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 26, Gamma Emerald wrote:How much do you like to use meta?
I don’t but sometimes it smacks you in the face so hard you’re like “Ouch!” and then try to figure out how to heal that obvious door that smacked you in the head.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well there goes my first guess for who you were lol
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well there goes my first guess for who you were lol
I would say stop trying to hunt who I am and judge me for what I bring to the table. Did your question about who I would bring to elo help sort my alignment for you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Eh that’s probably a wait-and-see thing, I’m skeptical of people who say they can read me without proper receipts, not as in I think they’re scum but just that I have a lot of people profess to know my play that actually don’t know shit about it, but I’ll see how you approach reading me here and make a call as to whether you’re full of it when you do so and give a substantial reason for it.
I’m not gonna share the answer key for pretty much as long as I can get away with it but I have certain expectations for how different alignments will react to RQS and other oddball openers. That’s why I’m dismayed it got met with indifference this game.
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:Eh that’s probably a wait-and-see thing, I’m skeptical of people who say they can read me without proper receipts, not as in I think they’re scum but just that I have a lot of people profess to know my play that actually don’t know shit about it, but I’ll see how you approach reading me here and make a call as to whether you’re full of it when you do so and give a substantial reason for it.
I’m not gonna share the answer key for pretty much as long as I can get away with it but I have certain expectations for how different alignments will react to RQS and other oddball openers. That’s why I’m dismayed it got met with indifference this game.
Let’s just say I am a once you know you know type of dude. I think if I am right people are going to start dissecting each and every little thing almost too much so just in order to get some voting going. I hate RVS with a passion and want out of it as much as possible for that reason. This game seems pretty quiet compared to most and not just your questions. A good chunk of posters in the game here tend to be in the rapid fire quick snippy posts. I am shocked I could watch a bit of YouTube and see like almost no posts. It’s refreshing.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 27, Toogeloo wrote:I've never had a Mt.Dew or any of it's offshoots. I did have a Mellow Yellow 30ish years ago after watching Days of Thunder. The only things I know about Pepsi Products is that Mt.Dew hard carries their brand, and Taco Bell has to remind me that they serve Sierra Mist and not Sprite.

I prefer Arnold Palmers if I need caffeine.
VOTE: Toog Semiserious
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code Red
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ego
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I find meta to be misleading for most cases. It’s a fallback if I don’t know how to read someone, and even then I only account for meta I personally witnessed.

It’s a good thing I know a decent amount of the players this game at least a little bit.

I expect to find Dunn confusing in particular for me. Other challenging players might be LLD, we have broadly similar ways of thinking in my experience — which could lead to false positives on townreads from apparent mind reads, or false negatives on scumreads from apparent inconsistencies between person and play. Toog’s one where past experience could lead me astray if I lean heavy on my Death Curse memories trying to avoid repeating past mistakes.

As ever, I am always strategizing, and as ever, I am trying new tactics. I’m also busy and my free time is in flux, so I don’t plan to get lost in a rabbit hole as I did in Death Curse or Syryana’s Popcorn, to varying degrees of catastrophe. On the flip side, Pooky and Noraa are in a hydra so if I fail to keep that shit in line we can’t have a repeat of the dramatic finish of Death Curse, for which I am sad.

See you all tomorrow.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m assuming you’ve read some games of mine given you’re not saying you expect to find me confusing?
<Embrace The Void>

Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Oh snap Death Curse Reunion

Hi Mush!

Is it time to restart the Holy Church of Noraa
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Wisdom »

It's time to get an avatar for starters
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

yes yes

priorities priorities
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 40, Wisdom wrote:It's time to get an avatar for starters
Wisdom is prolly like town for this because I didn’t have an avatar and he never called me out for it and he was scum that game.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 38, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m assuming you’ve read some games of mine given you’re not saying you expect to find me confusing?
It’s technically tomorrow, I guess. That counts, right?

No, I have no use for meta I wasn’t a participant for. Players unknown to me are players for whom I have no expectations. Anything is possible.

Also, for whichever head of the Norky (Pooraa? Norpoo?) hydra that was: I refuse to be a part of any religious establishment unless it is for the sole purpose of driving a joke into the ground while everyone around me says “oh pleas make it stop I repent”. I have learned nothing but I swear it won’t happen again.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 42, Critter wrote:
Wisdom is prolly like town for this because I didn’t have an avatar and he never called me out for it and he was scum that game.
Critter is prolly like town for this because this kind of high level analysis can only come from a town player
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 43, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Also, for whichever head of the Norky (Pooraa? Norpoo?) hydra that was: I refuse to be a part of any religious establishment unless it is for the sole purpose of driving a joke into the ground while everyone around me says “oh pleas make it stop I repent”. I have learned nothing but I swear it won’t happen again.
The infidels will burn before our righteous wrath
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 43, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 38, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m assuming you’ve read some games of mine given you’re not saying you expect to find me confusing?

No, I have no use for meta I wasn’t a participant for. Players unknown to me are players for whom I have no expectations. Anything is possible.

Also, for whichever head of the Norky (Pooraa? Norpoo?) hydra that was: I refuse to be a part of any religious establishment unless it is for the sole purpose of driving a joke into the ground while everyone around me says “oh pleas make it stop I repent”. I have learned nothing but I swear it won’t happen again.
Not even a worshipper of the Wild Mother? Sounds fine to me. Long as you’re happy there’s always being a servant of the Traveler I suppose. Seems like the Traveler might be more up your alley anyway.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13073684#p13073684]post 44[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:
Critter is prolly like town for this because this kind of high level analysis can only come from a town player
I like your jokey response. Not sure if it’s a serious one but I like your sense of humor.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 46, Critter wrote:
In post 43, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:

Not even a worshipper of the Wild Mother? Sounds fine to me. Long as you’re happy there’s always being a servant of the Traveler I suppose. Seems like the Traveler might be more up your alley anyway.
Well, if you're going to ask... my many holy names include Beggar-Knight of Eris Militant, Wielder of "Oh No Not Again", Holy Grotesquerie of the Third Eye, Laughing Helminthic Intruder, Nulldusk Heavy Industries Co., Maw of the Void, Alterant, and one secret name I'm oathsworn not to reveal to the uninitiated.

Past holy names include The Grand Nullification, Grease-Fire of the Eleventh Sphere (still mad about this one), and High Pope of the Anti-Papal Office of Papal Anti-Popes (Defunct).

I'm entirely serious about all of this and these holy names (except Grease-Fire of the Eleventh Sphere) have been associated with me in actual things I made and (mostly) other people released to the world.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13073684#p13073684]post 44[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:
Is this Pooky posting? I’m assuming so since Noraa tags pretty often iirc
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

you're 100% code red dunn? no retractions, not a gambit?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”