Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Yeah and im also jester.
Whats ur point
Like ur logic is just bad.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 748, Towelie wrote:You’re familiar with my stance on anti-town behaviors, no? Like, I could see a too scummy to be scum argument, sure. But you went in the span of two posts from “it’s towny on a surface level” to “it’s scummy on every level”

What is the scummy mentality doing what he does? What is he hoping to gain for his team off of the play?
the tstbs argument is what you think though. its what im saying is not the case.

it is scummy on every level. thats what makes it towny. idk but its not town mentality so its scum unless you also believe theres jester
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

and i could ask you the same thing
what is he gaining town by fucking ccing us?
you think he legitimately thinks we're scum for fucking claiming jester cop?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

My logic is that you made a joke claim and Gamma sometimes has trouble differentiating between what's a joke and what's serious, so he thought you seriously claimed cop.

Hence why he would talk about your claim as if it were real and demand to know more about it-- if he knew it was a joke there would be no reason to rolefish, because he wouldn't get anything from it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

goddamnit ok whatever
just drop this. i have so much to say but today isn't the right day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am

So much to do
So much to say
But today just isn't the right day
You'll never know if you don't go...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

No you really don't have a lot to say

You've spent 50 posts talking about jesters and cops instead of the actual game
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

such a convenient time for you to come back to the thread ....
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13080936#p13080936]post 727[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:
In post 724, Wisdom wrote:It was a bad cc but gamma is gamma and he can be like that sometimes. Its town.
Disagree very hard. Gamma is never widely townread like this unless he's scum and that was just a failed scum gambit. I disagree with pooky that he did it to get town cop killed. I think he did it to look like wrong town which people take pity on.
Fuck you. That mindset precludes me ever getting townread because if I get widely townread I'm just scum for it!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What would a less convenient time be?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 760, Dunnstral wrote:What would a less convenient time be?
I can head out until it's my designated time. Does 7 hours from now sound good?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13080965#p13080965]post 744[/url], Milk & Mocha wrote:and literally the more people defending it, the worse it looks. gamma has basically never in the history of mafia scum been so widely townread except in his scum games....
Yeah, seriously, eat shit with this attitude. I'm sure I could counter you with evidence but I'd rather just tell you your mindset is mind-numbingly toxic to me ever being able to get anywhere in games with you.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:32 am

As easy as it is to comment on stupid bullshit, I would love it if someone could direct me to some non-stupid bullshit to give some thoughts on.

I could look myself but it's easier for me if I'm more focused and it's more likely to be something someone cares about, so it sounds like a win-win.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

you have been dead certain we're scum for trolling when that is literally what I hydra'd pooky to learned - how to not give two shits about surviving. your cc was really bad. and it is true you typically dont get this many TRs as town.

why aren't you scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:35 am

Suggestion-- if you feel that Gamma getting so many townreads is weird, why don't you question the people townreading him and try to understand their reasoning?

That seems more productive than... whatever it is you're doing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why should I answer that when you've discarded every reason for me to be town so far?
<Embrace The Void>

Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Milk & Mocha »

same goes for you
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Towelie »

Both of you go cool off.
f the steelers
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:24 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I'm up early so I can put some time into this today. Later tonight, forget it. Tomorrow ought to be spotty but well-rounded for me, and I should have time from then on (Sundays excepted).

Out of this situation, I think the bear pair looks just as scummy as before they tried this weird troll-claim shit, but Gamma looks like he's trying to copy LLD's burn-down of Dunn's slot earlier in the game. Either this game and playerlist lend themselves to repetition or it's some transparent scum play -- look for what works and repeat.

I don't think this is SvS, though, and I don't think it's TvT. I think these two slots are opposite in alignment, but from the flow of conversation I have a hard time telling who's scum and who's town. I'm inclined to say the bears are more scummy right now, but I might be letting an inertial bias affect that (I townread Gamma previously and scumread the bears).

I find Critter pushing me the way I push SM very funny. It'll get results more quickly from me, though, because I have nothing to hide. What did you see, Critter? I don't need your own words, though if you want to provide them instead I'm cool with that. What /post/, even? Because I am absolutely certain you're latching onto me being clever with words or a playstyle thing that everyone familiar with me will say "yeah, that's about right for her town play". I'm happy to break whatever you want down for you.

And then, after that, I'll let StrangeMatter go and start juicing you instead. Have you read Death Curse? You should have read Death Curse. Instead, I guess I'll recreate it in realtime, with you playing the part of Zdenek/Fred. You already had my attention, now you're running a contextless push on me, and that makes you my new favorite hobby.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:26 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Oh right, Dunn moved back to null for me. But that slot is on thin ice. I made the mistake of forgetting Day 1 slipups before, but I will not forget this time.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

heya
sorry for my/our absence

i think the best thing to do here is explain what my reads are and then go from there
(i've not discussed these with lilith, she's still not feeling awesome):

Gamma Emerald - probably wasn't the best thing to cc there but the motivation + frustration + thought process behind it was townie

Towelie - don't know yet. i think bork is easier for me to read of the 2 of them but he's feeling more ~muted~ than i saw the last couple of times i've played with him. like town-him was p obvious in perpetual elo, and once i knew what scum-him looked like was also very easy to pick out in tenet. i'm not seeing that here yet. nothing in particularly scummy, but nothing that i can really point to that makes me think town either.

MUSHSHAGANA - townish. kinda feels like she's focusing on tangents that are slightly different than what everyone else is focusing on (i.e. the timing of her critter push, and the sm push, for example), but she's sorting things / following up on things that are important to her in the moment. can kinda tell from how she writes that there's a lot of thought going on behind the scenes

E. M. M. I. - scum. dislike its original dunn vote, and it's later discussion around the original wagon feels hollow. i think it's last post should have been an unvote, but wasn't. feels like it doesn't know how to engage with the game

Milk & Mocha - the whole trolling thing is kinda disappointing and annoying. i want them to really play and not just be doing whatever they're doing. i can't tell who's posting when which is also really annoying and making it a lot harder to read them. was kinda half-following along last night and thought the whole thing was a trolly joke, gamma scumread kinda made sense in that context. or didn't really make sense exactly but kinda fit whatever they were doing. but at this point gamma's reaction is p clearly town so i kinda hate that they're doubling down on that read + the claim. dunno not seeing a lot to like here tbh

Venus Fly Trap - (will be) a shining beacon of towniness

Dunnstral - town. this isn't scum-dunn. he's engaged + trying to move the game along + there's a depth of nuance here that i think is uncharacteristic of scum-him + he has actual reads and is trying to develop them

Wisdom - getting townvibes. like his ssbm push.

Lady Lambdadelta - obvscum (i jest before people yell at me)

Something_Smart - underwhelming, not sure i have much to say here. if he keeps being underwhelming that's +scum for him

Critter - town. looks like he's really trying to understand the game + other people's mindsets. idk if his thought process always makes sense to me, but it amkes sense to him, which is what matters. like in some posts we get a little window into his thought process and how he's approaching the game and how he feels about it and i think it's real and townie (ex: , etc)

StrangeMatter - kinda scummy, and like focusing on the wrong things when they're here almost. or like the things that they're popping in to say are sort of ineffectual and aren't really motivated by trying to sort people or find scum.

Toogeloo/ssbm - conflicted: dunno if scum-toog picks that fight with ic-lld there + had some glimmerings of townpings on him prior to that. i don't tlike the ssbm iteration as much

~ skitter
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

i've got dnd momentarily but i'll be around some more this afternoon

gonna start by voting here:
VOTE: mm/bears

the other person i'd want to vote is emmi

~ skitter
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Wisdom »

Your reads are very similar to mine but you disappoint me with the mm read
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

well, what ought i be townreading exactly?

~ skitter

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”