Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 769, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Out of this situation, I think the bear pair looks just as scummy as before they tried this weird troll-claim shit, but Gamma looks like he's trying to copy LLD's burn-down of Dunn's slot earlier in the game. Either this game and playerlist lend themselves to repetition or it's some transparent scum play -- look for what works and repeat.
Yeah, you're right that I kinda replicated LLD's own action. I just took more time and let the tension build because I very much value letting interactions develop before dropping the bomb. I pretty much doubted the M&M slot from the moment they started being like "who should we target?", did you not see that my immediate response was to tell them to check me? My game with that was to potentially either put them in a tight spot after they "clear" me or lock in the 1v1.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Wisdom »

Why do scum MM even do this whole thing
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Critter »

In post 769, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I'm up early so I can put some time into this today. Later tonight, forget it. Tomorrow ought to be spotty but well-rounded for me, and I should have time from then on (Sundays excepted).

Out of this situation, I think the bear pair looks just as scummy as before they tried this weird troll-claim shit, but Gamma looks like he's trying to copy LLD's burn-down of Dunn's slot earlier in the game. Either this game and playerlist lend themselves to repetition or it's some transparent scum play -- look for what works and repeat.

I don't think this is SvS, though, and I don't think it's TvT. I think these two slots are opposite in alignment, but from the flow of conversation I have a hard time telling who's scum and who's town. I'm inclined to say the bears are more scummy right now, but I might be letting an inertial bias affect that (I townread Gamma previously and scumread the bears).

I find Critter pushing me the way I push SM very funny. It'll get results more quickly from me, though, because I have nothing to hide. What did you see, Critter? I don't need your own words, though if you want to provide them instead I'm cool with that. What /post/, even? Because I am absolutely certain you're latching onto me being clever with words or a playstyle thing that everyone familiar with me will say "yeah, that's about right for her town play". I'm happy to break whatever you want down for you.

And then, after that, I'll let StrangeMatter go and start juicing you instead. Have you read Death Curse? You should have read Death Curse. Instead, I guess I'll recreate it in realtime, with you playing the part of Zdenek/Fred. You already had my attention, now you're running a contextless push on me, and that makes you my new favorite hobby.
No. As I said it’s antitown to say in case I am wrong. I am okay with your wagon not going through then for today. If I die then susses on you. I don’t think I die over 1-2 cop claims and a macho IC so I have time to convince people and see if my thought is accurate.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Critter »

To be clear I also have no interest in reading a different game to sort you. This game is a different game and therefore you are a different role unless you have the exact same role with the same teammates or lack thereof. There are some things that carry over but those involve mannerisms, not scenarios. This seems like grandstanding.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 776, Wisdom wrote:Why do scum MM even do this whole thing
Because they thought they could get away with it. Noraa I'm honestly just disappointed with here though if she's town, I'm tired of her circlejerk nonsense of an approach to reading me. It didn't fucking work in Fall of Yakra and it's not working here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

I was asking skitter
Gamma youll chill and youll realize you tvt'd there
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Critter »

Parity vanilla cop is almost always exclusively town btw. For the sheer reason if given to scum the parity is not necessary except for fake claims. Scum would be able to use parity cop to find PRs or not PRs based on one target being a buddy then just claim they visited the townie. This means if Gamma is scum it’s most likely predetermined and not a parity cop which is like not happening.

Pooky was clearly trying to eat a nightkill with that claim trying to give LLD another day.

Can y’all quit being pissed at each other and scum hunt?

K thanks bye!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why did Pooky never mention he meant to eat a NK in our debate then? His whole defense was "we're trolling"
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Critter »

In post 782, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why did Pooky never mention he meant to eat a NK in our debate then? His whole defense was "we're trolling"
Trolling to eat a NK.

VT going “Hey I am a cop who should we check?” Is trolling by definition.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
Whatever, but if scum!Pooky ends up pulling this out again I'm never letting y'all live this fucking game down
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Critter »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urband ... g&amp=true

They’re trying to get a rise out of scum to shoot them but since you CC’d it didn’t work.

Jester is obviously fake as game isn’t bastard.
So cop part clearly is too.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Critter »

In post 784, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE:
Whatever, but if scum!Pooky ends up pulling this out again I'm never letting y'all live this fucking game down
Cool. If you still think I am wrong, parity check them with LLD. If you get PR I will eat my words and then be all *use eight eyes to stare death glare at Pooky*

But let’s hunt some scum.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 783, Critter wrote:
In post 782, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why did Pooky never mention he meant to eat a NK in our debate then? His whole defense was "we're trolling"
Trolling to eat a NK.

VT going “Hey I am a cop who should we check?” Is trolling by definition.
Sad part is that in past games we’ve had two town in the exact same game fakeclaim roles, and then outted myself and my Mason partner. Another thing to consider now is that in another game, my slot, which was Lukewarm, was getting heat by assuming that Hider and BP cannot exist in the same game. The thing was that the role was frail, implying we knew that we could exist with BP VT, and both my slot and LLD were town.

If we’re taking things at face value I feel like both could probably exist together, but with how it’s been played I don’t get why anyone would claim Jester there since it goes against their win condition, which pings me as they just said jester on purpose, maybe as some WIFORM attempt to get Town to not vote them.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:27 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Again I am horrible at explaining, that first part is I mean town trying to bait NKs, and then screwing everyone over because of it.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:42 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 777, Critter wrote:
In post 769, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I'm up early so I can put some time into this today. Later tonight, forget it. Tomorrow ought to be spotty but well-rounded for me, and I should have time from then on (Sundays excepted).

Out of this situation, I think the bear pair looks just as scummy as before they tried this weird troll-claim shit, but Gamma looks like he's trying to copy LLD's burn-down of Dunn's slot earlier in the game. Either this game and playerlist lend themselves to repetition or it's some transparent scum play -- look for what works and repeat.

I don't think this is SvS, though, and I don't think it's TvT. I think these two slots are opposite in alignment, but from the flow of conversation I have a hard time telling who's scum and who's town. I'm inclined to say the bears are more scummy right now, but I might be letting an inertial bias affect that (I townread Gamma previously and scumread the bears).

I find Critter pushing me the way I push SM very funny. It'll get results more quickly from me, though, because I have nothing to hide. What did you see, Critter? I don't need your own words, though if you want to provide them instead I'm cool with that. What /post/, even? Because I am absolutely certain you're latching onto me being clever with words or a playstyle thing that everyone familiar with me will say "yeah, that's about right for her town play". I'm happy to break whatever you want down for you.

And then, after that, I'll let StrangeMatter go and start juicing you instead. Have you read Death Curse? You should have read Death Curse. Instead, I guess I'll recreate it in realtime, with you playing the part of Zdenek/Fred. You already had my attention, now you're running a contextless push on me, and that makes you my new favorite hobby.
No. As I said it’s antitown to say in case I am wrong. I am okay with your wagon not going through then for today. If I die then susses on you. I don’t think I die over 1-2 cop claims and a macho IC so I have time to convince people and see if my thought is accurate.

Hey, you know what? Cool. You can be my hobby when you want to be my hobby then. To paraphrase the Principia Discordia, I'm a mirror: when a sage looks in, a fool stares back. If you really don't wanna play, I'll bide my time. For now.

Also, point to make: I was saying you should have read Death Curse because it would prepare you for what to expect. Not in terms of my alignment, meta is garbage -- but in terms of my playstyle. Also, I like alluding to that game since a large portion of the playerlist was also in it, and I was a miserable, giggling shitgremlin the entire time. I want them to wince, because it tickles me AND it might make them fall into predictable patterns if they keep being made to think of it, which is useful to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Isn’t death curse stupidly long
I’m not gonna read it just for some idea of your play style when you should be readable enough in this game
<Embrace The Void>

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Skimming VFT's 771 now, I think I'm picking up an honest set of judgement calls here, which I feel is NAI based on style used to type them out.

I agree the frustration with Gamma seemed townie, but her thought process was crap, I think. It felt as much like a scum fake-CC as it did a legitimate one. But having ruminated, I think I agree that Gamma is the town in that 1v1 (I categorically reject any suggestion those two are the same alignment).

I'm willing to let Towelie coast, I'm feeling similar honesty about RL issues there as I've been trying to get across with my own posts about my limited availability. (Part of why I was letting you two coast as well. It's a bias, but the hope is it's one that won't bite me too badly.)

I am not willing to comment on EMMI at this time except to say I am not willing to comment on EMMI at this time. I ask only that the userlist please speculate wildly and get in a fight about my motivations.

I've noticed what you're saying about Dunn, but the early game from him stumbled HARD and I'm unwilling to give it a complete pass. I'm curious what you see there that overshadows, or maybe even explains(?) the early garbage play.

Finally, surrounded by a bunch about which I have nothing of value to say (other than I'm coming for Wisdom and Something_Smart eventually), your point on StrangeMatter is my point on StrangeMatter. Gold star. Glad you could explain my feelings for me (no, really, thank you). With that, maybe we can get some re-evaluation from others? Anyone?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 791, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I categorically reject any suggestion those two are the same alignment
Too bad because they are
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:56 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 790, Gamma Emerald wrote:Isn’t death curse stupidly long
I’m not gonna read it just for some idea of your play style when you should be readable enough in this game
It is indeed absurdly long! But again, I have more than one reason to bring it up, and I even explained all of them for you this time, and I wasn't even addressing you. Where'd this come from?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:58 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 792, Wisdom wrote:
In post 791, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I categorically reject any suggestion those two are the same alignment
Too bad because they are
The only way you can be absolutely certain about this is if your role PM is red.

Would you like to reword that statement? Or would you like to become my new best friend? Oh, I hope it's the second one! I promise it will be fun. For me, anyway.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I thought you meant it as a general “everyone in this game should look at death curse”
<Embrace The Void>

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

Oh scumread me all you want but I'm not letting you push that they arent tvt when they obviously are
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Wisdom, it's not a scumread. You literally cannot know that for certain on Day 1 unless your role PM is red. This is a logical necessity. The only way you can derive that information is if you know the alignments of all players involved.

The only way you know the alignments of all players involved is if you are scum, since there are two factions and you know all the scum.

QED, if you state that with certainty those two are TvT, you are scum.

Do you state with certainty that those two are TvT? Make a stance, don't deflect or use weasel words. Yes or no.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

Yes ive already stated im certain about it

And prepare yourself because all my reads are always certain
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: EMMI
I wanna try this for a bit.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”