Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1148, Gamma Emerald wrote:that is in his scum meta, but he's also just easier to read with some flips imo, so I agree he's "never lim d1" material
Are there any flips you think would help read him at present?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

kyouko
that or something he supported but never really pushed (which I'm not sure constitutes any slot or slots atm)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1144, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1139, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1132, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1110, Wisdom wrote:every scum flails when they feel they are attacked for the wrong reasons
Transparently false, some people don't flail as scum at all.

And plenty of people flail as both alignments. I don't see why "frustration at being attacked for bullshit reasons" is an emotion reserved for scum.
Yep keep defending your buddy im sure that will go well for you
They do bring up a fair point that people do flail as either alignment though, and definitely has happened in the past. This really doesn't help when it just doesn't feel like you answered the actual question and instead went for the scum associative.
There was no question. I saw kyouko doing a thing ive seen scum do lots of times, pointed it out, and s_s came and defended her. Which I also pointed out.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1151, Gamma Emerald wrote:kyouko
that or something he supported but never really pushed (which I'm not sure constitutes any slot or slots atm)
that would be emmi or ss
I havent supported anything else
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1150, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1148, Gamma Emerald wrote:that is in his scum meta, but he's also just easier to read with some flips imo, so I agree he's "never lim d1" material
Are there any flips you think would help read him at present?
What town says “another player is an invest” with a claimed cop (or two) in the game? I don’t get why you think Kyo is town here?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: EMMI
yeah let's go with this imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Wisdom »

sorry not abandoning kyouko scum to push that
feel free to hold it against me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm trying to present a vote that S_S can go with
also, we'll see how that holds up if/when emmi gains traction
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:17 am

How so? Do you not think he'd be bussing her here?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:19 am

In post 1154, Critter wrote:What town says “another player is an invest” with a claimed cop (or two) in the game? I don’t get why you think Kyo is town here?
I guarantee the answer to "what town does X" is "more than you think". I'm sure that I've seen town point out softs before.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1156, Wisdom wrote:sorry not abandoning kyouko scum to push that
feel free to hold it against me
I am not abandoning someone who blatantly outs perceived invests short of a guilty or airtight case.

We have a very reliable cop claim and an IC already outed and possibly a second cop claim.

Let’s just end this day and elim Kyo or M&M. I don’t see anywhere else as viable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 am

Also what claimed cop? Last I was aware of, M&M's claim was still a joke.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1161, Something_Smart wrote:Also what claimed cop? Last I was aware of, M&M's claim was still a joke.
Gamma parity cop the whole thing that started this mess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:21 am

Vanilla cop does not equal cop. Not even close.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:21 am

And ssbm never said that you softed cop. There are plenty of weaker investigative roles.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Critter »

In post 623, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t care about the pieces. You’re scum.
I am Mountain Dew, the original flavor. I am a Parity Vanilla Cop. There’s a section that’s literally just the role name so that’s why I was so hard-up on getting a definitive claim. I pretty much knew from the moment you started talking about who to cop that you were likely BSing, I just had a moment of doubt when you fullclaimed because it sounded like you might be a meme role, but hard claiming cop sealed it for me. There’s no way my role + LLD’s role + full cop exists in this game IMO.
Here

Pedit: Be that as it may we have enough PRs and enough out there. I don’t want mass claim on D1. How about we elim in Kyo or M&M and call it a day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:24 am

I have a potential justification in mind for why ssbm would out a perceived soft.

But I might as well let her explain herself before I feed her an answer.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Towelie »

@lillith- acknowledging I saw you post but Bork summed up my thoughts so far. I’m giving you space to do some things so I can keep developing the read.

-notty
f the steelers
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1114, Critter wrote:
In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:The same can be said of most of the playerlist imo. As for why I am not though, I've read through only once since replacing in, then it was the weekend, where I am known to be less active, and on top of that, I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.

I feel like the game probably makes the most sense if they're both town and scum are lurking, but Critter is kind of sucking my enjoyment out of the game right now.

I tried to join before this filled because I really like Mountain Dew, and thought it would be a fun theme, but it filled before I could /in. Now I'm replaced in and I'm being tunneled for talking about mountain dew. It's demoralizing.
I'm probably going to try to ignore critter because he's going to die for softing invest anyways, and if he doesnt die he can give results later.

I think by engaging with Wisdom and Critter I give them things to talk about. If I disengage they can provide content on other slots. If either falls off probably they were just stalling as scum. Will reread in the next couple.days.
Town never does the bold. Like ever.
I'm doing it now, and I'm doing you a favor because you softed it so it would be seen. Whether the idea was to prevent a push on you because you are investigative, or to draw the kill away from the IC, I don't know, but scum won't know either, and now they'll think twice.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1115, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.
In my experience, this is a really easy way for scum me to appear engaged while not really contributing
I would like if you could focus on other slots, you don't have to engage everyone, just some people
I will be once I start my reread

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

(Assuming my reread doesnt point to them)

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1126, Critter wrote:She was role fishing
TOP KEK

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1168, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1114, Critter wrote:
In post 1109, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:The same can be said of most of the playerlist imo. As for why I am not though, I've read through only once since replacing in, then it was the weekend, where I am known to be less active, and on top of that, I'm not feeling motivated to look away from Critter and Wisdom because they're both annoying me right now.

I feel like the game probably makes the most sense if they're both town and scum are lurking, but Critter is kind of sucking my enjoyment out of the game right now.

I tried to join before this filled because I really like Mountain Dew, and thought it would be a fun theme, but it filled before I could /in. Now I'm replaced in and I'm being tunneled for talking about mountain dew. It's demoralizing.
I'm probably going to try to ignore critter because he's going to die for softing invest anyways, and if he doesnt die he can give results later.

I think by engaging with Wisdom and Critter I give them things to talk about. If I disengage they can provide content on other slots. If either falls off probably they were just stalling as scum. Will reread in the next couple.days.
Town never does the bold. Like ever.
I'm doing it now, and I'm doing you a favor because you softed it so it would be seen. Whether the idea was to prevent a push on you because you are investigative, or to draw the kill away from the IC, I don't know, but scum won't know either, and now they'll think twice.
Yeah sure. I softed an investigation role that I am not. And have openly stated I am not.

Can we just elim you? Thanks!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:07 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1132, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1110, Wisdom wrote:every scum flails when they feel they are attacked for the wrong reasons
Transparently false, some people don't flail as scum at all.

And plenty of people flail as both alignments. I don't see why "frustration at being attacked for bullshit reasons" is an emotion reserved for scum.
1110 is the kind of post that lets him appear engaged in the game

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

yep that was clearly my intention there

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”