Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

w/r/t : It was less about procrastination and more about the idea of deliberately holding back reads to wait to out them in private. Which, of course, anyone
can
do (or say they're doing) but I feel as though scum are less likely to take that approach as they're more conerned with actually looking good in-thread. Which was enough to give Heart space. But in my glances at the game it seems like Heart might not have delivered.

Not really impressed with the reasoning in , Heart's scumreads are all very tepid.

Strongly disagree with , that string of posts from Yellow is pretty bad. I once again find myself staring in confusion at 900 by Orange, because I don't get why Heart comes across as genuine. I don't think this disagreement is necessarily scum-indicatve I just mostly find that I'm not connecting with Orange's thinking at all. In fact usually when someone has strong opinions that I disagree with heavily they're usually town. Genuine belief or something.

I, again, am curious as to what Red sees in Heart's posts based on . I disagree fairly hard with in the sense that heart just looks like a hit, he's not saying anything useful at all and has effectively shut down in response to pressure - LHF tends to flail, Heart has stopped beating entirely. I'm not actually sure red takes this track with a partner, but meh.

Most of the stuff I wanted to comment on after catching up was heart-based. I'm good to hammer but I guess I can wait some if other people want to catch up as well? Don't want to be unfair. (*~▽~)
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Through page 6 I have townreads on Purple, Green, Circle and Arrow, Circle being the strongest. I'm curious about Stars early commitment to being unpaired.
In post 1046, Color Green wrote:I'm looking to see your reactions, yes.

But... those aren't actually that far apart. I feel the case on Heart is completely self-evident and I expect once you've read up, since you have decided to do so instead of hammer for the fun of it, that you won't NEED a case.
What do you make of the vanity wagons?
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Star Shape »

Pre hammer 2 things:

1) I still think the Heart is town and I will hold onto that

2) Is there a town consensus to not use my ability tonight? I am quite literally the worst person to make these d1 decisions + I said I would do this at towns discretion.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

I don't see a good reason to use your ability, really
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Color Green »

If heart flips scum as I suspect, I could see a case for delaying red, but otherwise nah.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Color Green »

In post 1051, Color Yellow wrote:What do you make of the vanity wagons?
What do you define as "vanity" vs "not vanity" here?
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Color Green »

In post 1036, penguin_alien wrote:Color Green (1): Color Red
Color Yellow (1): Color Orange
No Elimination (1): Heart Shape
Star Shape (1): Circle Shape
Even if you call these all "vanity wagons" I feel like my thoughts on the players being voted for and voting on them are exhaustively clear, and this feels like a question that is done for question asking's sake, not a wish to find my own reasonings any deeper given the open-ended nature of it?

Not a good start :/
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Pentagon's posts on Page 6 make me wonder if it's a safe assumption that all the scum wouldn't be in the same type of slot. I mean not all color and not all shape.
Color Green wrote:
In post 1036, penguin_alien wrote:Color Green (1): Color Red
Color Yellow (1): Color Orange
No Elimination (1): Heart Shape
Star Shape (1): Circle Shape
Even if you call these all "vanity wagons" I feel like my thoughts on the players being voted for and voting on them are exhaustively clear, and this feels like a question that is done for question asking's sake, not a wish to find my own reasonings any deeper given the open-ended nature of it?

Not a good start :/
Well excuse me.

I'm reading start to finish and occasionally look up to the now posts. I have no idea what your current reads are. I thought I might learn some things from your thoughts about all the single votes. Something about you and something about the single voters.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Color Green »

Don't worry you're excused, I'll be dead long before it matters.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Color Green »

Tldr star is very lost town on an apathy spiral. Orange probably town but meh.

Votes on me were much higher but people got off eventually.

And people voting you have good reasons given your predecessor.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Color Green »

Game got fairly quiet for a Saturday evening.

Sigh.

Just waiting on yellow at this point in time.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

I'm here, but not saying anything.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Heart's first few posts on page 7 don't impress considering the amount of AI feeling content in the preceding pages.

Oh lordy please tell me Triangle posts get better.

I liked a few things in Diamond's big catch up post.

<Pentagon>

I vibe with Orange's . I like Star's explanation for their go solo position.

Orange's : townbin! Pair offer to Circle is good.

The current vote count might be creeping into my reads. Every Heart post looks bad. I expected to feel at least a little contrarian.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Color Green »

I hope the pause is because you'e deep-diving the rest of the pages.

What about pentagon?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

I see your post, so I'll go ahead and post some more catch up.

I retract <Pentagon> based on page 11. New-Red's discomfort with Pentagon's town-read of his predecessor feels genuine. Not a strong town point, but a point.

Purple's gave me a little pause but it's a philosophical pause. I like the way they post their reactions and musings. It seems in the moment and unguarded.

Blue's thoughts on Diamond in , especially the latter portion of that post are close to my thoughts on Diamond at this point. I'm a little more harsh about the emotional stuff.

I did NOT see Red's pair offering to pentagon coming!

Circle's yep yep yep!

I like Red's shape reads. I disagree about Green being lackluster in 313, but my impression could be due to time compression in catching up.

I will have some postgame thoughts about Blue's if they turn out to be town.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 1040, Circle Shape wrote:Ah, unfortunate that the copyright gargoyles seem to have taken this track before I could see it...

Oh that's unfortunate!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Break and I'm glad to see you are back 8)

Spoiler: Music
to link something in youtube, just use the [youtube] [youtube] tags but with just the letters after v= to embed the link.

I don't usually listen to electro-pop, I think I have trouble understanding it?

I like many different types of music - romantic ballads, country, soft jazz, classics etc.

Here's something I'm listening to right now from one of my favorite composers:

Are there other things you want to discuss before the day ends?

It does feel a bit abbreviated and people don't seem to be around much.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Star's is a departure from the focus on his plan, but it's pretty harsh. I doubt this is an aligned interaction.
In post 370, Triangle Shape wrote:Red pntagm
slve cmplte.
What led to adding Red to your solve?
In post 382, Color Purple wrote:Actually, Triangle's attitude has me townlean them, now. Scum is almost never that peculiar. Scum usually try to make themselves seem super reasonable as opposed to what Triangle's been doing so far.
Oh you sweet summer child.

I'm almost to the halfway point and it's slow going now.

I'm hungry for interaction but I can't stay awake much longer.

I'll finish up tomorrow morning.

I hope.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 1065, Color Blue wrote:
In post 1040, Circle Shape wrote:Ah, unfortunate that the copyright gargoyles seem to have taken this track before I could see it...

Oh that's unfortunate!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Break and I'm glad to see you are back 8)

to link something in youtube, just use the [youtube] [youtube] tags but with just the letters after v= to embed the link.

I don't usually listen to electro-pop, I think I have trouble understanding it?

I like many different types of music - romantic ballads, country, soft jazz, classics etc.

Here's something I'm listening to right now from one of my favorite composers:

Are there other things you want to discuss before the day ends?

It does feel a bit abbreviated and people don't seem to be around much.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Oh dear, I forgot to proofread my post because it was in spoiler tags >_>

If we're talking genres, I mostly stick to rock/indie, with a little bit of electronic stuff, occasionally dabble in ambient when I want something to put on in the background at work or something to fall asleep to.

I don't know much Hisaishi, but I really love his soundtrack for Sonatine - so memorably haunting, fits the mood of that movie so well.

As far as the game goes, I don't have a ton of commentary to add right now, things have slowed down, happy with the direction, we can evaluate more overnight after the flip.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Had a bit of a busy day, so this will be my only post until tomorrow. I still think Heart has a chance to flip town but I think the information from the flip should be useful regardless. I also just want to get my neighborhood with Triangle. So I'm signing off on allowing hammer if anyone cares about that. I'm also probably going to put off reading the rest of the stuff I missed until I'm in the private thread as well.
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

waiting for yellow to catch up before hammer
kind of sad i abandoned the gimmick but next stage was this anyway
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 420, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 363, Color Purple wrote:
In post 353, Arrow Shape wrote:Not sure how I feel about Star's one-minded attack on blue.
I can't decide either. Also, it feels like he's on an agenda. (But then, that's just vibes.)
Yeah, I don’t care for it either particularly since I don’t agree with the reasoning for it. The read just seems way too strong and the basis for it doesn’t really fit with the stance. Both stances, wanting to be left unpaired and now this, leave me concerned.
You're growing on me. I can see this take on their conflict coming from town. There was a post where Star explained more of their thoughts about preventing certain uses of the unpaired delay by scum and by town worried about surviving and that won me over on their desire to be unpaired. The push on Blue was over the top from my pov, though. Those two could have the mother of all playstyle clashes going on.

From page 18:
In post 426, Arrow Shape wrote:Murder pool:
Diamond.
Star.
Green.
What was it about Green's play that had them in your murder pile?

(Blue and Circle pairing is so cute!)
In post 479, Pentagon Shape wrote:Is anyone else noticing that Star, Green and Diamond are all tunneling on Blue?
Do you think an entire scum team would tunnel on the same player? If you've seen that happen before how did it work out?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Color Yellow »

I like Orange's catch-up on page 22, especially and . It's also a good touch point in my big catch up to see some of the same observations and questions on my mind from someone coming back to the game at that point. However, I think discounts what looked like genuine frustration and irritability from Pentagon regardless of alignment.

makes me feel like an bitter cynic.

Circle and Blue popped in with my own impression in and 524.

The Orange vs Pentagon argument on page 22 brings to a head some of my impressions from earlier in the thread. Orange felt cold and Pentagon got completely wrapped around Triangle's arguments for them being scum. There's a fair amount of depth to both of their positions.

I like from Pentagon. They're taking on board the viewpoint of a townread and taking a step back on their conflict with Orange.

Reading through both their posts through page 23, genuine looking course corrections are setting in. It seems the cold sense I get from Orange's posts is personality and playstyle.
In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
If scum this is something to look back at.
In post 588, Arrow Shape wrote:I should've waited and paired with Orange.
RIP.
I'm taking this as a personal challenge to give you reason not to regret your choice!

Red's posts on page 25 harden a slowly growing impression that their observations about other players have usually been surface level and comparatively they're not digging into the meat of the game.

I see a reads list!

And this is a good break point.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:48 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 611, Color Green wrote:I have been sitting outside the fog of war, following along since the beginning.

Here are my reads prior to replacing in. (Obviously, this ignores my own role PM, but I was fairly confident it was a town slot)

Extremely Town:

Color Blue
Color Purple
Circle Shape
I would put Arrow in extremely town, too. At the point in the thread where my slot offered to pair with Arrow, both Arrow and Circle were strong townreads. I had a slightly stronger townread on Circle, but it was extremely close. Nothing has changed my mind about either of them so far.
Town:

Color Green
Triangle Shape
Color Orange
Arrow Shape
Pentagon Shape
I liked your slot's content and wanted to see more. Orange has slowly grown on me. I think our playstyles at a base level are not that different, but we project differently.
Could Go Either Way:

Color Yellow
Diamond Shape
Star Shape
Having the benefit of seeing Yellow's role PM I disagree there. I also feel on balance that Star leans town. I'm undecided on Diamond.
Please Deny Endgame:

Heart Shape

Kill As Soon As Able:

Color Red
Not nearly enough content from either of the bottom two slots at this point in the thread. Or mine for that matter.
I do believe all remaining unpaired folks are town, and that the delayer is going to be town as such. Damn the torpedo(s), we eliminate scum, not drag our heels at what could have been with all PR pairings being intact.

I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced were extremely scum indicative, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
My concerns with Red came to a head later in the thread.

This was a good touchpoint post. It made me firm up some thoughts at this point in my readthrough.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 658, Arrow Shape wrote:I wanna kill green real bad.
Why???
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 671, Color Orange wrote:
In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
This feels like town.
I take back my comment about having a similar approach.

Green, did you expect your first post to get such a reaction?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”