Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by Masquerader Magenta »

Yay, role play!
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 am

@ blue, why? Do you just not love fall out boy?

@yellow, what's going on with the sample pm?
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:07 am

I don't love olive or purplest posting tbh, but that doesn't make it scummy. I think teal and blue are town, I'm not sure about red, although that seems an unpopular opinion.

Without context of players, it's hard to know whether yellows request to see the role pm was a deliberate lamist. Although the more I think about it, the less it makes sense as a real town slip, as it's pretty clear in the rules. The voting rules and pairings I had to go back to check but the idea that there's one good pm and a bad one is pretty fundamental?
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:08 am

@olive, what's FPS posting?
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:11 am

Purple is doing this thing where I agree with like 60% of their posting and then it goes off on one and I'm lost. It looks quite crafted, which could be agenda driven.

FFS this is much harder without the context of playstyle. I didn't realise I relied on meta this much.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:08 pm

I think purple is really town, though, not necessarily because of their cases or tone but I really liked their response to me about purple prose and I also think that them reconsidering on teal is +town.

Red feels very negative in general, not liking the vibes. also, talk to me, not about me if you want to sort me

Think scum could easily be in yellow/green/olive/red/cyan, which is a way too big pool but you all having the same avatar has made the scum pool bleed together a bit.

I'm happy to pair with purple.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:10 pm

(green ans red could be town, Greene's posting is awkward and red feels like a ton of generic shade with no massive conclusions. )
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:59 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I don't find purple prose township at all, quite the opposite. What I did find town was that purple responded to me about it, acknowledged it was a bit of a masque in and of itself, and also offered to tone it down a bit.

I don't have veru strong reads at all and have very clearly not understood the automaton thing - can someone explain like I'm five?

In happy to answer more direct questions, they might frame my thinking better, because I clearly overestimated my ability to parse this game.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:00 am

I can't work out I'd olive is massively buddying purple or just really really strongly scum reads yellow because that tone change between the two on this page gives me whiplash.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:01 am

Re: reds big wall from before, I felt it was vaguely shady on most slots but without any really clear X is scum because. I've seen scum rely on it as a crutch before.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:47 am

@olive, it's a million % a tone thing, what really stood out was the difference between your 129 and 141: you must see the difference? But then your tone to purple changes massively between 125 and 129 so maybe I'm jumping ar shadows.

With red, what specifically do you disagree with me about?

Blue could be town, their original opening was fine.

I want teal to come back. *pout*
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:18 am

@red, i re read your post and while I think my initial 'negative vibes ' impression is still valid, it's not quite as bad as I thought. There are some take.aways, but I guess I find it easier to find town than scum and that affects my take on those kind of posts. In particular, I think what you said about green was well thought through, that their logic seemed backwards.

Their posting on this page is terribad.

I wanted to dance with teal but also really want their catch up. Would anyone oppose this pairing?
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:36 pm

accept teal

It's been a weird few days, I'll read later. I really liked what blue was saying about purples read on others influencing people though, it's really nuanced and thought out.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:13 am

Red, I get what you are saying, but I think I was just wrong .I'm relying on tone a lot in a game with little outside clues, which is just bad.

I'm struggling looking for pairs. I think the enw blue is really strongly town and his predecessor looks town in context. I like that blue is aware of the levels of manipulation in the pairing mechanic, which I think some of us have been a bit naive to.

I think this reflects really badly on purple - it was really obvious they wanted to be a 'game leader ' early on, and had a fair bit of influence, but their contributions have died off and the last thing I remember doing was throwing shade at me after other people had, which felt inorganic.

I think olive, red and blue are town and I'm going to catch up with teal on the PT: their recent posting looked fine. My wekatest read is on red, but their reads look thought through and consistent. I'm in almost the opposite boat to res and blue: It seems unlikely that scum!yellow and scum!cyan are paired, but that's the pairing I'd most like to vote in.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:13 pm

Teal's PT content is basically non existent, doubting that read now.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:04 am

@purple, what changed? Last time I noticed you were throwing shade at my slot.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:06 pm

If people want to vote this pair because they think it's teal (or me, it isn't) then fine. Although they made one post with town vibes in the PT, it's very much a repeat of their 'this is hard' post. I think I'm particularly susceptible to it, but there's been enough content in the thread that reads shouldn't be impossible.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 pm

The pairing with most likely scum/scum, for me, just flipped town! I strongly believe believe that Olive, red And and blue are still town: the flip hasn't changed the fact that teal and purple aren't in that category.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:07 pm

I think it's increasingly clear that purple is not an invite and Thier flip would conf town blue at the least.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:21 am

I'm not convinced about teal at all, but olives recent posting is putting me off. I strongly think, and have thought for a long time, that red/blue is the t t pair.

I'm trying to figure out the automaton shit. Olive is basically saying that purple has to be town, because they've as near as shared i.d.s in the PT? They each know each others?

Why the ever living fuck would you do that? Where is the Pro town in that? This feels very much a scum move, locking down the 'truth' to one pt.

I can't see why you'd reveal that much in thread either? If I'm relatively sure of who blue is (I'm not, this is imagine), Ans they know for 100% who red is, that narrows down red by loads.

Am I crazy? This game makes me feel crazy. I'm not voting for blue or red, I'm really sorry if I'm wrong.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:46 pm

I definitely read it as two.

@purple, why did your read wobble to intruder on me at one point? Can you talk me through it?
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:24 pm

In hindsight this was a bad pairing - I liked the idea of pairing with teal because I too felt overwhelmed at the start of the game, found it hard to tell you apart, liked his Sus on purple, but it's actually awful because since then I've got some reads, etc, (I'm still lost on the Id side of the game, I'm so glad in not intruder, my partner would be so mad), and the content from them is still very much 'i'm lost'. I don't know if it's a) true b) a lie and I'm really suspectiblw to it.

My question to the wider group is: would teal continue being like this in the PT if they wwre scum? They aren't working to convince me of anything. Is the gamw going well enough for the intruders that they can be complacent??

Our PT has ten posts in.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”