Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 122, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 121, Masquerader Olive wrote:Purple, why are you so eager to pair with me? Why do you think I specifically should accept your invitation? I don’t get it. You’ve gone from having me as your top intruder pick to to having me as your preferred partner? Why exactly?
The automaton mechanic indicates that the intruders must guess the identity of both players simultaneously in order to kill them. This implies it's helpful to pair invitees so that at least one player is difficult to guess. I believe your dislike of fps play has caused you to take less precautions in protecting your identity than I have, so we will be safe in that regard, and I am eager because I believe that I extended an invitation to at least one intruder if not two. In other words, I'm hoping that you will protect me by not giving time for an intruder to pair with me, so I can protect you by making my identity difficult to spot, so we will not die if an automaton is used upon us.

As for the changing read, I misjudged you initially, and now I think I understand you better and I believe you are unlikely to be an intruder.
Why don’t you just retract the invites you’re less sure of then?

I’m not entirely sure I understand the automan mechanic but I would strongly advise you to retract your invite to magenta.

What about what Yellow said about you using the word “mask”? Are you saying you know who I am? I really want to trust you but I’m scared.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 94, Masquerader Teal wrote:Purple narrowing it down to two is interesting. I'm not sure I agree with purple's assessment. However, I think it's pretty attention grabby to blatantly call out two people as scum, and unless your partner was also lurking in the background I don't see the benefit it has to scum to be so flashy so for now I'm willing to put purple in the town column.

It is interesting, however, that in the story of yellow and green taking shots at each other, yellow fired the first stone, sussing the post green made about being sick (which seems like a throw-away suspicion to me). Maybe purple is onto something, yellow casting a little bit of shade onto a partner, having it be reciprocated later for distancing. I don't know if that's ultimately how I feel.
I also suspect teal tipped their hand in these two paragraphs and implied they know my play is bad and all three of myself, green and yellow are invitees.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:59 pm

I trust red the most but I’m leaning to accepting. I just wish you’d retract some invites so I had a little more time. I’m afraid to accept and be wrong.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:10 pm

In post 125, Masquerader Olive wrote:Why don’t you just retract the invites you’re less sure of then?

I’m not entirely sure I understand the automan mechanic but I would strongly advise you to retract your invite to magenta.

What about what Yellow said about you using the word “mask”? Are you saying you know who I am? I really want to trust you but I’m scared.
I don't know if the moderator accepts retractions:

Rescind offer to magenta

Rescind offer to teal

The automaton mechanic means that after pairs form, if the intruders can guess both of the identities correctly in that pair then both players will die instantly. Intruders have two chances at this.

Yellow is arguing that I slipped which is not likely to lead to good results in any circumstances I have witnessed. I also didn't use the word mask exactly, I used masqué, which this setup is named and one of the first words we all see when we click on this setup. I assumed the factions were masqué and intruder which I now know is inaccurate. I don't fully understand how yellow is perceiving that I slipped but yellow's conviction in it makes me think they might be an invitee who I upset earlier. And yes, that's what I'm implying.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm

In post 122, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 121, Masquerader Olive wrote:Purple, why are you so eager to pair with me? Why do you think I specifically should accept your invitation? I don’t get it. You’ve gone from having me as your top intruder pick to to having me as your preferred partner? Why exactly?
The automaton mechanic indicates that the intruders must guess the identity of both players simultaneously in order to kill them. This implies it's helpful to pair invitees so that at least one player is difficult to guess. I believe your dislike of fps play has caused you to take less precautions in protecting your identity than I have, so we will be safe in that regard, and I am eager because I believe that I extended an invitation to at least one intruder if not two. In other words, I'm hoping that you will protect me by not giving time for an intruder to pair with me, so I can protect you by making my identity difficult to spot, so we will not die if an automaton is used upon us.

As for the changing read, I misjudged you initially, and now I think I understand you better and I believe you are unlikely to be an intruder.
I think you probably don’t tell me that as intruder but I’m still scared. I still don’t understand why you don’t uninvite teal and magenta whom you’re suspicious of? or you cannot retract invites?
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Your thought process looks like an invitee to me, so
Accept Purple
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Thank you, you were right, I am an invitee.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:23 pm

In post 131, Masquerader Purple wrote:Thank you, you were right, I am an invitee.
You were right that I didn’t really understand the automan mechanic and really didn’t put too much thought into trying to disguise my identity beyond the obvious. However, I don’t think it’s extremely obvious either based off of what other people have told me about my posting, so if you can remain enigmatic, I hopefully don’t have to be too concerned about that.
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Masquerader Green »

In post 103, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 88, Masquerader Green wrote:I still think Yellow is sus as fuck you assclown
Manners.

Why is Yellow an Intruder in your view?
did you actually read my posts?
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Masquerader Yellow »

In post 128, Masquerader Purple wrote:I don't fully understand how yellow is perceiving that I slipped
If you had received a green PM

it would be unequivocal that invitee is the proper label.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:29 am

I am hyperfocused on Purple and going to stop that.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:30 am

What is this guessing identities talk?

I don't see anything in the rules?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Masquerader Cyan »

In post 114, Masquerader Red wrote:I think Blue's first incarnation had +town posts. 16 immediately giving five reads is simply very pro-town in this game for the reasons I gave; I don't overly care what the reasons they gave are on page one. I liked the new Blue's response to my inquiry in 33 at the time for continuing to give a lot of reads, though looking at it again now it is somewhat waffly. On Magenta, Blue says something isn't scummy but something else is, and on Yellow they give both a positive and a negative without describing the overall affect, which can be from scum wanting to look like they're being ponderous. I think the main issue with the slot at this point is just falling off, but I do think their posting on the whole so far is pretty likely town (I weigh post 16 fairly significantly in a hidden alt game).
Thank you. I disagree that Blue's opening was inherently towny, and I picked up on the "wafflyness" as well.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 am

In post 133, Masquerader Green wrote:
In post 88, Masquerader Green wrote:I still think Yellow is sus as fuck you assclown
Manners.

Yes, I did. Will you please answer the question?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:46 am

In post 136, Masquerader Yellow wrote:What is this guessing identities talk?

I don't see anything in the rules?
It is explained in post .
In post 2, RH wrote:Automaton - You own an automaton, which you may use at any time during a Session to help you wrangle masks off. Unfortunately for you, the automaton doesn't have a return function so you may only use it once.
Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.
The bolding is mine.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 am

In post 2, RH wrote:
Setup

Notes
  • This is a Secret Alt game.
  • There are
    7 Invitees
    against
    2 Intruders
  • Both
    Daytalk
    and
    Multitasking
    is enabled by default.

Phases
  • During the
    Reception
    , Masqueraders form pairs.
  • During
    Sessions
    , Masqueraders force pairs to exit.

Samples
Spoiler: Invitee
Music

Welcome to Masqué! You are an
Invitee

You are bringing the following item with you:
  • Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.
You win if all threats to the
Invitees
have exited the masquerade and at least one
Invitee
remains.

Confirm by replying to this note with the answer to the question, "How many items are you bringing with you?"

Spoiler: Intruder
Music

Welcome to Masqué! You are an
Intruder
with .

You are bringing the following items with you:
  • Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.
  • Automaton - You own an automaton, which you may use at any time during a
    Session
    to help you wrangle masks off. Unfortunately for you, the automaton doesn't have a return function so you may only use it once. Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.
  • Paper - You own a piece of paper, which tells you the location of a secret hideout located here where you may converse at all times. You can place your automation at that hideout if you ever have to exit the masquerade.
You win if at least one
Intruder
remains and all other masqueraders have exited the masquerade (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Confirm by posting in the
Intruder
hideout or by replying to this note with the answer to the question, "How many items are you bringing with you?"

Spoiler: Mask

NoticeName:
Masquerader Rose

Code: %Y.|yE9>m
Put on your mask to confirm and join the masquerade.
Yellow, the invitee role pm is right in the setup post. Everyone in the playerlist had access to that post. In fact, it was the intruder role pm that was posted after game had already started.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:44 am

In post 134, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 128, Masquerader Purple wrote:I don't fully understand how yellow is perceiving that I slipped

The fact that it was in the pre-game setup post, invalidates your argument.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Masquerader Magenta »

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I don't find purple prose township at all, quite the opposite. What I did find town was that purple responded to me about it, acknowledged it was a bit of a masque in and of itself, and also offered to tone it down a bit.

I don't have veru strong reads at all and have very clearly not understood the automaton thing - can someone explain like I'm five?

In happy to answer more direct questions, they might frame my thinking better, because I clearly overestimated my ability to parse this game.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:00 am

I can't work out I'd olive is massively buddying purple or just really really strongly scum reads yellow because that tone change between the two on this page gives me whiplash.
Masquerader Magenta
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Masquerader Magenta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:01 am

Re: reds big wall from before, I felt it was vaguely shady on most slots but without any really clear X is scum because. I've seen scum rely on it as a crutch before.
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:14 am

In post 134, Masquerader Yellow wrote:

or, try this: Purple read the opening flavor
Intruders were mentioned in there
Masquerader Green
Masquerader Green
Townie
Masquerader Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:15 am

In post 138, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 133, Masquerader Green wrote:
Manners.

Yes, I did. Will you please answer the question?
No, because I already did prior to you asking.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:48 am

Unfortunate. I had hoped there was something more.

Why did you ignore Olive's participation in that exchange?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:57 am

In post 142, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I don't have veru strong reads at all and have very clearly not understood the automaton thing - can someone explain like I'm five?
  1. Intruders, per the sample role PM, have an ability called "Automaton."
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Automaton

2. This ability states that if they can correctly identitfy the true identity behind
    both
    of the masqueraders in a pair, the automaton ability will remove their masks.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.

3. If a masquerader loses their mask, they must leave the masquerade.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.

4. This effectively allows Intruders to eliminate Invitees outside of the standard method during Sessions should they be able to correctly identify both of the players behind the masque in a pair.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:02 am

In post 143, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I can't work out I'd olive is massively buddying purple or just really really strongly scum reads yellow because that tone change between the two on this page gives me whiplash.
How am I buddying anyone and when did I ever say I scumread yellow even a little bit? Why are you putting words in my mouth? The only player right now who’s currently worrying me now is you.
I merely pointed out that the setup post invalidates Yellow’s reasons for thinking Purple slipped.

Also, very much disliked your characterization of Red’s posts. I guess I must be buddying them too.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”