Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Masquerader Purple »

I highly encourage accepting red's invitation to pair.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:31 am

Post by Masquerader Blue »

Accept Red
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 147, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Unfortunate. I had hoped there was something more.

Why did you ignore Olive's participation in that exchange?
In post 148, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 142, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I don't have veru strong reads at all and have very clearly not understood the automaton thing - can someone explain like I'm five?
  1. Intruders, per the sample role PM, have an ability called "Automaton."
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Automaton

2. This ability states that if they can correctly identitfy the true identity behind
    both
    of the masqueraders in a pair, the automaton ability will remove their masks.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.

3. If a masquerader loses their mask, they must leave the masquerade.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.

4. This effectively allows Intruders to eliminate Invitees outside of the standard method during Sessions should they be able to correctly identify both of the players behind the masque in a pair.
In post 169, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 164, Masquerader Green wrote:
In post 147, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Unfortunate. I had hoped there was something more.

Why did you ignore Olive's participation in that exchange?
I don't really have a cut-and-dry feel for Olive's actions so I haven't really spoken on them yet
Alright. Would you speak of their actions now, specifically with regard to that exchange?
Blue, I liked their questions and takes so far on the game. What is your issue with Cyan?
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:54 am

In post 200, Masquerader Purple wrote:I highly encourage accepting red's invitation to pair.
I do too, I just hope Blue is invitee.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

Indeed. I think their catchup posting so far is, well... fine in form, alarming in content (in particular, the three people they like on page 3 being precisely my current scumpool/sort of the consensus scumpool/the three currently-unpaired individuals, which is unnerving).

In principle I'm open to arguments from Blue about the Green/Teal/Magenta crowd, but I'm doubtful I'll be swayed to the point that I wouldn't want them all gone first. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now because I do think the game has good odds of ending once those three are gone. If it does not end, then we can re-evaluate based on what has happened - if no scum are in those three then we'll need some soul-searching (and also we'll need to be extremely careful with our identities, as a single correct guess from scum could end the game). To some degree we may need to weigh exactly how afraid we are of the Automaton mechanic, as if we do fear it, we may need to hasten our solving and not give scum time to suss out who's who. That said, I at least personally suspect that there aren't any pairs that have yet formed that are vulnerable to the mechanic.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 am

In post 204, Masquerader Red wrote:Indeed. I think their catchup posting so far is, well... fine in form, alarming in content (in particular, the three people they like on page 3 being precisely my current scumpool/sort of the consensus scumpool/the three currently-unpaired individuals, which is unnerving).
well if I'm wrong about my reads it would become obvious when the flips occur no?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Masquerader Cyan »

In post 198, Masquerader Blue wrote:skimmed through the rest I think I like everyone except yellow - olive - cyan
Welcome, new Blue. Would you mind expanding on what it is you do not like about Yellow, Olive, and myself?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:11 am

Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

the long post on mech feels trivial to say and the feeling I get from you is that you don't really want to make any waves.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:25 am

who would you like to be left out of the 3 unpaired players ?
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Masquerader Yellow »

In post 201, Masquerader Blue wrote:
Accept Red
Why red over green?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 am

because it's very obvious to me who green is
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am

In post 207, Masquerader Blue wrote:Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

the long post on mech feels trivial to say and the feeling I get from you is that you don't really want to make any waves.
My apologies if you feel that my politeness has some underlying ulterior motive. I can assure you that is not the case. While I understand you think I am not “scum hunting,” I would have to disagree as trying to find town allows you to narrow down “scum” via the process of elimination. I was quite clear that I disagreed with Red on their town read of you, and it should be easy to infer from my questioning of Green‘s stated stance on Yellow that I did not town read them. I believe that should answer your follow up question to me as well since, as you are unfortunately paired, it would mean I would prefer for Green to remain unpaired.

If you would not mind, could you answer my question to you in full?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:51 am

also I kind of think red would be more fun to dance with tbh [sorry green !]
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:02 pm

In post 211, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 207, Masquerader Blue wrote:Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

My apologies if you feel that my politeness has some underlying ulterior motive. I can assure you that is not the case. While I understand you think I am not “scum hunting,” I would have to disagree as trying to find town allows you to narrow down “scum” via the process of elimination. I was quite clear that I disagreed with Red on their town read of you, and it should be easy to infer from my questioning of Green‘s stated stance on Yellow that I did not town read them. I believe that should answer your follow up question to me as well since, as you are unfortunately paired, it would mean I would prefer for Green to remain unpaired.

If you would not mind, could you answer my question to you in full?

you ask a lot of questions but I don't ever see follow up or laying out of actual thought process

most of your posting so far is either one liner questions that don't really lead anywhere or fluff that is not related to the game.

You disagree with reads but you don't lay out your reasoning for your own reads.

the longest post you make is a long post about mech which is trivial.

the overall vibe I get is that you are not comfortable playing scum and your solving process is non existent.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:08 pm

I appreciate your stance, though I disagree its foundation is accurate, and you have made it clear. Would you now mind answering my question in full?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:10 pm

are you going to explain any of your reads or just ask questions all game?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:16 pm

In post 43, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 41, Masquerader Yellow wrote:The usual phrasing would be "Äre you still confused

about why I do not trust olive, red?"

Not why red should not trust them.
Yeah, good point. I could see that as a possible perspective slip.

I don't like 41 or how quickly olive decided to agree with it.

I don't understand how this is a "perspective slip"

this is the full quote from purple:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 31, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
That's not true; olive has done two things (you overlooked that they revealed to us they had trouble logging into their account) and both things were written with the intent to get others to like them rather than to uncover information about the identity of the intruders or to disclose meaningful information about themselves.

Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?

it is clear that Purple is scumreading Olive atp and Red is asking Purple why are you scumreading Olive when Olive has only done one thing.

Purple is then explaining the scumread to red and the reasoning behind the scumread. the last line is asking Red if this explanation is unclear in any way and is telling Red that Red should not trust Olive[who is Purple's scumread atp]

I don't see how you can read this as a perspective slip or whatever the initial nitpick is about.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:26 pm

In post 214, Masquerader Cyan wrote:I appreciate your stance, though I disagree its foundation is accurate, and you have made it clear. Would you now mind answering my question in full?
like sure you disagree

I don't think anyone would just agree "yes I'm mafia"

but are you actually going to explain your reads that you have?

like you ask people to explain their reads and their process and claim you are solving via POE but you've not laid out any reasoning for your own reads as far as I can see.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:28 pm

In post 216, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 43, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 41, Masquerader Yellow wrote:The usual phrasing would be "Äre you still confused

about why I do not trust olive, red?"

Not why red should not trust them.
Yeah, good point. I could see that as a possible perspective slip.

I don't like 41 or how quickly olive decided to agree with it.

I don't understand how this is a "perspective slip"

this is the full quote from purple:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 31, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
That's not true; olive has done two things (you overlooked that they revealed to us they had trouble logging into their account) and both things were written with the intent to get others to like them rather than to uncover information about the identity of the intruders or to disclose meaningful information about themselves.

Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?

it is clear that Purple is scumreading Olive atp and Red is asking Purple why are you scumreading Olive when Olive has only done one thing.

Purple is then explaining the scumread to red and the reasoning behind the scumread. the last line is asking Red if this explanation is unclear in any way and is telling Red that Red should not trust Olive[who is Purple's scumread atp]

I don't see how you can read this as a perspective slip or whatever the initial nitpick is about.
Why should Purple care if Red trusts Olive at that point? Purple had stated they were unclear on the alignment of everyone except for Blue and Olive at the time that post was made. One could posit that by saying “you” in that statement, Purple presumes Red town that needs to not trust Purple’s “scum read.”
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm

In post 210, Masquerader Blue wrote:because it's very obvious to me who green is
In post 200, Masquerader Purple wrote:I highly encourage accepting red's invitation to pair.
In post 201, Masquerader Blue wrote:
Accept Red
I don't really scum read Blue at this point

in part because I don't see scum

accepting right after Purple suggests it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Purple

suggesting Blue accept Red.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:34 pm

Throwing 210 in there was error

I was going to respond to Blue on that

But I've got nothing to respond with other than

Oh that's fair.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:36 pm

I was preferring Green to be left out but

Blue town reads them and presumably has

meta. So I'dunno.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:36 pm

In post 218, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why should Purple care if Red trusts Olive at that point? Purple had stated they were unclear on the alignment of everyone except for Blue and Olive at the time that post was made. One could posit that by saying “you” in that statement, Purple presumes Red town that needs to not trust Purple’s “scum read.”
because this is a dance game and the way you eliminate your scumreads in this phase of the game is to convince nobody to pair with them so that they get flipped.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:37 pm

In post 221, Masquerader Yellow wrote:I was preferring Green to be left out but

Blue town reads them and presumably has

meta. So I'dunno.

I mean I have weird reasons to townread all three of the unpaired players so I don't really have a preference for who gets left out atp.

I'm not like confident on those reads and I'd like the last three to just interact normally and decide who pairs with who because it'd be more useful than me telling people what to do imo.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:40 pm

I would be extremely enthused if magenta, green and blue would give an opinion on my more recent posts.

Still not sure how I feel about blue but probably like everyone more than green.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”