Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:35 am

Post by RH »

Music

Session I Count III

Masquerader Teal - Masquerader Magenta [2]: ,
Masquerader Yellow - Masquerader Cyan [1]:
Masquerader Purple - Masquerader Olive [0]:
Masquerader Red - Masquerader Blue [0]:

Not Voting
- Masquerader Yellow, Masquerader Cyan, Masquerader Magenta, Masquerader Olive, Masquerader Teal

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • With 8 alive, it takes 5 to form a majority.
  • I've made a few addendums.
Session I
concludes in (expired on 2022-10-08 22:00:00).

Last edited by RH on Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Masquerader Red »

I'm the new Red.

I'm the color of love and blood. Maybe God had a kink?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Masquerader Blue »

In post 298, RH wrote:
In post 293, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 252, Datisi wrote:Session I concludes in 2 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes.

how do deadlines work?
Assuming that it's directed at me and Datisi, I originally intended that if no players reach majority, it will be counted as a No-Lim.

However, upon realising that a majority in ELO is almost identical to Exiting the Session by a player's own accord, I'll allow plurality by seniority for ELO if ties occur.

Otherwise, there's no Plurality.

so what happens if we don't get 5 votes on a pair by the deadline?
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by RH »

In post 302, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 298, RH wrote:
In post 293, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 252, Datisi wrote:Session I concludes in 2 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes.

how do deadlines work?
Assuming that it's directed at me and Datisi, I originally intended that if no players reach majority, it will be counted as a No-Lim.

However, upon realising that a majority in ELO is almost identical to Exiting the Session by a player's own accord, I'll allow plurality by seniority for ELO if ties occur.

Otherwise, there's no Plurality.

so what happens if we don't get 5 votes on a pair by the deadline?
I'll count it as a No-Lim. So nobody exits.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 294, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 292, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why the sigh? What has you frustrated?

my partner being replaced and nobody really seeming to want to play
You didn't answer my question about why you read teal as an invitee.
In post 275, Masquerader Purple wrote:I'm interested in hearing more about why new new blue has teal as an invitee.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Masquerader Cyan »

In post 304, Masquerader Purple wrote:

In post 275, Masquerader Purple wrote:I'm interested in hearing more about why new new blue has teal as an invitee.
Blue also didn’t answer 290 after complaining about not playing. I think Blue is an intruder. What do you think?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 pm

In post 296, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Then it looks like the majority of the game thinks this is a scum split up game. So to those with that question: Which hood is the all town one to you?
Red and blue has been considered likely to contain no intruders. Until olive read magenta as an invitee, teal and magenta were considered to be an intruder - intruder pair by both old red and I. The other pairs consist of four players who have all received mixed feedback.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 pm

In post 306, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 296, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Then it looks like the majority of the game thinks this is a scum split up game. So to those with that question: Which hood is the all town one to you?
Red and blue has been considered likely to contain no intruders. Until olive read magenta as an invitee, teal and magenta were considered to be an intruder - intruder pair by both old red and I. The other pairs consist of four players who have all received mixed feedback.
Why are red and blue considered to have no intruders? Blue looks content to just lurk out than scumhunt. Red’s entrance left a lot to be desired. Is there something that makes you feel this way? Secondly, (don’t do this now as I am catching up) if the other pairs are considered to be 1-1 by the entire game your partner would be an intruder so why haven’t you just exited the game?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm

Oh wait four pairs not three. Wow. I can’t read. Nevermind the last question.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:00 pm

In post 305, Masquerader Cyan wrote:

Blue also didn’t answer 290 after complaining about not playing. I think Blue is an intruder. What do you think?
I'm not sure. It sounds like the identity of UN Owen from
And Then There Were None
by Agatha Christie. Blue has been considered invitee since page 1 due to the play of their predecessors. I think you're pushing into new territory.

I haven't seen any overt overtures from blue. The only time I considered the slot might be an intruder is when they proposed cyan and olive as a team, I thought that seemed convenient. I also thought it was odd that both the original blue and new blue made one or a few good looking posts (respectively) and then disappeared. I guess that blue and yellow being both intruders is logical on a surface level because green was going to push yellow today and blue paired with red over them.

I will say in new new blue's defense that they appeared interested in solving the game when they replaced in. If you would like to undermine their credibility then attacking their entrance is the best place to start.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:05 pm

I am not looking to undermine anyone’s credibility if it is rightfully earned. That’s a weird as fuck sentence. I will look at both Blue’s entrances but I rarely think an intro post is work invitee locking someone. Maybe intruder locking but invitee locking. I like to judge the whole body of work.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:09 pm

In post 310, Masquerader Cyan wrote:I am not looking to undermine anyone’s credibility if it is rightfully earned. That’s a weird as fuck sentence. I will look at both Blue’s entrances but I rarely think an intro post is work invitee locking someone. Maybe intruder locking but invitee locking. I like to judge the whole body of work.
There are three blue entrances. I'm curious what you think about them.

If new red hasn't finished reading then sooner is better than never.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:16 pm

In post 311, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 310, Masquerader Cyan wrote:I am not looking to undermine anyone’s credibility if it is rightfully earned. That’s a weird as fuck sentence. I will look at both Blue’s entrances but I rarely think an intro post is work invitee locking someone. Maybe intruder locking but invitee locking. I like to judge the whole body of work.
There are three blue entrances. I'm curious what you think about them.

If new red hasn't finished reading then sooner is better than never.
Initial impression is stilted. Looks very much like trying too hard or looking for holes versus just chillaxing. Can detail more later when I can read in depth.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:32 pm

In post 18, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 17, Masquerader Magenta wrote:@ blue, why? Do you just not love fall out boy?

@yellow, what's going on with the sample pm?
Hello, Magenta.

I like My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) and Immortals. I don't know any of their other songs.

I find you suspicious because you said "Yay, roleplay!" even though we aren't really roleplaying. We're using false identities, but these identities aren't known to us in any way. We have no basis of a character to imitate.

I find Teal suspicious because they would rather interact with the DJ than their fellow guests. This could be to avoid the glare of suspicion.

I also would like to know what is going on with Yellow's 'confirm the sample role PM'. On second thought, I may not want to know. It doesn't seem game-related or important. I don't find Yellow suspicious for this though.
For example, I dislike this post. We are trying to hide our identities. I am intentionally hiding my word choice and style for that reason. Someone enjoying the game is not suspicious. If a person can roleplay while being protown let them have fun. It’s divisive for no reason.

The entire paragraph with Yellow is also superfluous. It’s like Blue wants to know than not.

The only point remotely close to a valid point is against Teal and that’s like “I don’t like Teal active lurking”.

I don’t see what would make Blue likely invitee by this post and it seems the most in-depth from the first few for benefit of the doubt.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 pm

In post 213, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 211, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 207, Masquerader Blue wrote:Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

the long post on mech feels trivial to say and the feeling I get from you is that you don't really want to make any waves.
My apologies if you feel that my politeness has some underlying ulterior motive. I can assure you that is not the case. While I understand you think I am not “scum hunting,” I would have to disagree as trying to find town allows you to narrow down “scum” via the process of elimination. I was quite clear that I disagreed with Red on their town read of you, and it should be easy to infer from my questioning of Green‘s stated stance on Yellow that I did not town read them. I believe that should answer your follow up question to me as well since, as you are unfortunately paired, it would mean I would prefer for Green to remain unpaired.

If you would not mind, could you answer my question to you in full?

you ask a lot of questions but I don't ever see follow up or laying out of actual thought process

most of your posting so far is either one liner questions that don't really lead anywhere or fluff that is not related to the game.

You disagree with reads but you don't lay out your reasoning for your own reads.

the longest post you make is a long post about mech which is trivial.

the overall vibe I get is that you are not comfortable playing scum and your solving process is non existent.
Funny because this summary is how I feel about Blue so far.

There’s a lot of declarative statements and a few open ended questions but not seeing a push anywhere. Does this improve?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:10 pm

In post 56, Masquerader Red wrote:I feel there are significant odds that Purple and Olive are TvT. I don't feel confident on it but I do feel confident that we would all be better served by seeing more from the 4/9 slots that have posted 0-2 times before drawing too confident of conclusions. It could always be one of those games where scum are in the lurkers; I at least don't particularly find any of the active posters scummy, and I find every lurker quite viably scum.

Regarding Purple's :
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:That being said, while I believe you may be a skilled writer and sincere in your attempts to discover the intruders, I do not like your argument in the quote above. It reads to me like a version of refuge in audacity (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Audacity) which is a mistake to adopt by principle; and I disagree that it's even relevant to olive.
I do not see any relationship between refuge in audacity and the argument I'm making; I suppose we agree that it's not relevant to olive? I'm not claiming that complaining about difficulty logging in is something that scum would do as a gambit because it would seem so audacious for them to do. Quite the opposite, I'm claiming that the act of making that post is likely motivated in a way that is completely unrelated to alignment. I don't see where you're drawing the comparison.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:they are so uninterested in playing the game due to immediately perceiving us all as bumbling masqués that the most stimulating experience for them thus far (after meeting their intruder companion, which they will be careful to not imply) was logging into their account.
This seems uncharitable. Olive made a second post six minutes later with game-related content.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:While I do not believe olive expressing difficulty logging into their account is either bold or audacious or something especially unlikely an intruder would think of doing, I find teal's formal request to be paired with a moderator to be quite audacious, and is something I would be too timid to even think of doing myself regardless of alignment! Do you believe that teal is more likely to be sincere due to an intruder being unlikely to request pairing with a moderator?
I don't. I think teal's posting in isolation is fairly neutral; I think in the context of them now not having participated for a full day (p-edit: speak of the devil), it casts their apparent vivaciousness (and lack of actual content in their two posts) in a suspicious light.
In post 47, Masquerader Purple wrote:(If you noticed what I did there, yes it was intentional: do you think an intruder is especially unlikely to express difficulty understanding how to divide your post into separate quotes and respond to all of them within the same reply? Do you believe that is a good reason for you to trust me? I encourage you to distrust both olive and myself for implying you should think so.)
I have to agree with Olive's sentiment here; while I think I understand the gist of what you're saying, the specifics elude me.
(is this pronoun acceptable to you, red, or do you prefer they or she or something else?)
Any pronoun is fine.
The red TR seems fine though. Much more in-depth thought that what Blue has.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:17 pm

In post 281, Masquerader Teal wrote:You say that but I don't see it (perhaps because I posted it and know I am town).

Go ahead and nail me to the cross if it's so obvious, why do you think i "tipped my hand?"
I'm drawing an AI difference between our thought process when encountering a narrative of the game which we were not anticipating.
In post 309, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 305, Masquerader Cyan wrote:

I'm not sure. It sounds like the identity of UN Owen from
And Then There Were None
by Agatha Christie. Blue has been considered invitee since page 1 due to the play of their predecessors. I think you're pushing into new territory.

I haven't seen any overt overtures from blue. The only time I considered the slot might be an intruder is when they proposed cyan and olive as a team, I thought that seemed convenient. I also thought it was odd that both the original blue and new blue made one or a few good looking posts (respectively) and then disappeared. I guess that blue and yellow being both intruders is logical on a surface level because green was going to push yellow today and blue paired with red over them.

I will say in new new blue's defense that they appeared interested in solving the game when they replaced in. If you would like to undermine their credibility then attacking their entrance is the best place to start.
My reply to new cyan isn't perfect but it demonstrates I'm thinking about the game more than would be required to evade detection.
In post 94, Masquerader Teal wrote:I feel a lot of what's being brought up against me so far is entirely in my playstyle and if you knew who I was, people might realize I'm slow in my process, and people would definitely feel dumb about associating a joke with my alignment.

Purple narrowing it down to two is interesting. I'm not sure I agree with purple's assessment. However, I think it's pretty attention grabby to blatantly call out two people as scum, and unless your partner was also lurking in the background I don't see the benefit it has to scum to be so flashy so for now I'm willing to put purple in the town column.

It is interesting, however, that in the story of yellow and green taking shots at each other, yellow fired the first stone, sussing the post green made about being sick (which seems like a throw-away suspicion to me). Maybe purple is onto something, yellow casting a little bit of shade onto a partner, having it be reciprocated later for distancing. I don't know if that's ultimately how I feel.

It's been 3 days and we have someone who hasn't spoken. I'm trying not to automatically scumread them but it's hard when I have data on everyone else and nothing on them.

I'm also a little wary of blue mostly for the predecessor's reads; the more I think about them, the more I don't like them. I feel the "yay, role play!" is in a similar vein to me joking about asking the back-up mod to dance so I think blue just is stiff and picked people who were looser because blue doesn't play that way and assumed that people joking around are doing so nervously, trying to hide something. Or something. I don't really know. Regardless, I'd like more from new blue as well before I can say that I truly worry about blue or not.
I don't think the bolded (and in general) show that you're thinking about the game. The way that you handle my read on green and yellow in particular is poorly written.

You describe it as interesting and imply you disagree with it without demonstrating any analysis or elaborating why you feel either way. Instead of describing how you feel, you change the topic into how you feel about my own alignment, resorting to the cliché refuge in audacity (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Audacity) to offer a rationale for why I'm invitee to you. The second bolded paragraph seems intended to distract the reader from realizing that you aren't providing any original analysis, and perhaps to appease me by shading green and yellow. Also, your description of the counter argument in the second bolded paragraph sounds bored by tone, it doesn't sound like something you might classify as interesting.

I don't think it's poorly written because you are a bad writer, I think it's poorly written because it's made up.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:23 pm

In post 315, Masquerader Cyan wrote:The red TR seems fine though. Much more in-depth thought that what Blue has.
I agree and I'm unlikely to budge on red. How is yellow doing in the hood?

I'm becoming very curious to hear new new blue's mysterious reason for invitee reading teal.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:35 pm

In post 317, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 315, Masquerader Cyan wrote:The red TR seems fine though. Much more in-depth thought that what Blue has.
I agree and I'm unlikely to budge on red. How is yellow doing in the hood?

I'm becoming very curious to hear new new blue's mysterious reason for invitee reading teal.
Yellow was recently replaced and has no posts anywhere yet unfortunately. I am taking the time the thread is quiet to build a history. My gut is that yellow is intruder based on the broken yellow green pairing at the start and green was an invitee but that’s pretty weak at this moment.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:39 pm

In post 27, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 21, Masquerader Green wrote:feeling unwell, will evaluate things later, but wanted to check in and indicate I'm present
This person looks like mafia.
This also strikes me as discordant. Why did these two end up as a pair if Yellow thought Green was an intruder?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pm

In post 318, Masquerader Cyan wrote:My gut is that yellow is intruder based on the broken yellow green pairing at the start and green was an invitee but that’s pretty weak at this moment.
What are you referring to?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:42 pm

In post 320, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 318, Masquerader Cyan wrote:My gut is that yellow is intruder based on the broken yellow green pairing at the start and green was an invitee but that’s pretty weak at this moment.
Yellow and Green were originally a pairing looking at the combined Mod ISO. That pairing dissipated and green has flipped invitee. So I wonder how they were a pair.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 pm

In post 79, RH wrote:

Music

Reception Count II

Masquerader Yellow -
Not In A Pair
- Masquerader Red, Masquerader Blue, Masquerader Yellow, Masquerader Cyan, Masquerader Magenta, Masquerader Olive, Masquerader Purple, Masquerader Teal

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • I'm going on vacation this afternoon. Datisi will take over until 3 October.
The
Reception
concludes in (expired on 2022-09-30 14:50:00).

In 50 posts yellow goes from maybe not invitee to top invitee read? That seems a bit suspicious to me.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:46 pm

In post 321, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
Yellow and Green were originally a pairing looking at the combined Mod ISO. That pairing dissipated and green has flipped invitee. So I wonder how they were a pair.
You're reading the game too quickly, that was a vote to eliminate yellow which green made because they were reading the game too quickly.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:47 pm

In post 323, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 321, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
You're reading the game too quickly, that was a vote to eliminate yellow which green made because they were reading the game too quickly.
Oh. I am used to vote counts formatted differently. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”