Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #631 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:22 pm

Post by Aisa »

Spoiler: meme
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by Aisa »

Hi everyone! I’ve read the whole game once, but I haven’t thought about it very hard lol.

My claims to fame this game are my Enchant and furtive townreads. I’ll throw in an ActionDan townread too.
Ice also had some moments where he pinged me as towny, idk could still be scum.

I’m also not super interested in clearing anyone because of mech, or at least not because of the claims we’ve had so far.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Aisa »

I want it known that my role is potentially negative utility. I’m probably not going to expand for now.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 640, Enchant wrote:
In post 639, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 638, Enchant wrote:
In post 616, furtiveglance wrote: Sup yall

I'm alive and well

VOTE: Enchant
I know asking why me is scummy but
why me
Who else?
brujh
Word!
In post 521, furtiveglance wrote: Lack of early reads, which I've started to associate with scum Enchant.
He vibes quite towny to me this time, he feels engaged in the right ways, despite the lack of early reads.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Aisa »

Maybe role madness just makes him happy idk
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:51 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 645, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 642, Aisa wrote:
In post 640, Enchant wrote:
In post 639, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 638, Enchant wrote:
In post 616, furtiveglance wrote: Sup yall

I'm alive and well

VOTE: Enchant
I know asking why me is scummy but
why me
Who else?
brujh
Word!
In post 521, furtiveglance wrote: Lack of early reads, which I've started to associate with scum Enchant.
He vibes quite towny to me this time, he feels engaged in the right ways, despite the lack of early reads.
You're definitely making me think

We haven't played me good you bad before I don't think
Definitely not, no, I'm sure I still have a lot of towncred left with you

I was going to leave you and your Enchant scumread alone precisely because I feel like I extinguished any right I had to make you listen to me in the last two games, but then it came up again, so
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Aisa »

Big round of questions:

@Hugir

Spoiler:
In post 436, GuyInFreezer wrote: I'm finally having a quick chance to read the game and not on phone.
And I think I'm beginning to see why Ice was being wagoned.

Page 2 was awkward, and
In post 130, IceDragon70 wrote: Guys we've had a fuckton of mechanical discussion but barely any scumhunting.
I'm gonna VOTE: ActionDan because I like their ISO the least.
is also awkward when he seemed engaged on that mechanical discussion.

With that said, I'm trying to focus on The Keeper posts but I played like 5 games of Binding of Isaac and the furthest I've reached was Mom's heart so I have no idea what he's referencing most of the time lol.
Interesting. What felt awkward?

Spoiler:
In post 440, Hugir wrote: I think in a game like this where there are only few people talking and the rest silent, there tends to be like 1 active scum and rest non-active. But that's normal games so idk how things tend to be in multiball.
What's your best guess of how active / inactive scum have been?

----
@Feysal

Spoiler:
In post 484, Feysal wrote:
In post 481, Rautherdir wrote: Actually thinking about it, I should probably try to catch rolestoppers instead of doing random shots in the dark, so I believe I know who my target should be tonight if I live.
I think you are underestimating the potential of your role. I can easily think of half a dozen roles that you could provide direct or indirect evidence of. I would recommend you pick someone you think is likely to be nightkilled, and don't tell who in advance.
What do you think is good about a checker targeting someone who is likely to be nightkilled?

Spoiler:
I'm starting to get the impression that Rautherdir is posting his unfiltered thoughts, without stopping to think things through, and stumbled into contradictory stances.

UNVOTE: Rautherdir
VOTE: IceDragon70

I don't have much on IceDragon, for or against him, but time is running out and we need to pick someone.

ActionDan, Rautherdir, Abnegation, furtiveglance and me, that is two votes short of an execution. I hope he will be back from his V/LA soon to respond.
Interested in what you were thinking around this time. What made Rauth seem unfiltered?

Spoiler:
In post 568, Feysal wrote:
In post 562, Abnegation wrote: Unfortunately, I don't think that's ai for them. We could try flashwagoning them though if you want to.
I agree it is null, but right now I think both the alternatives are more likely to be town than a shot in the dark. And there is the theory that when multiple replacements happen, they are
slightly
more likely to be scum, because knowing you lost a partner can be demoralizing. Yes, I admit that is weak.

I'm setting my clock to wake me before the deadline, should I need to change my vote.

UNVOTE: IceDragon70
VOTE: KawaiiKame
How likely did you think this flashwagon was to go through?

Spoiler:
In post 589, Feysal wrote:
In post 583, Hell Froze Over wrote: I think that {Rauth, Ice} is almost surely not all town. If this flips blue I'm pretty confident that Ice is green.
I actually think both of them are town now. If I had to name my best bet for scum heading into night, it actually is KawaiiKame. That instant buddying in response to a hint of pressure was too weird.
What did you think of the mechanical argument for {Rauth, Ice} not both being town?

----
@IceDragon

Spoiler:
In post 499, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 417, Hugir wrote: Don’t like any of the current wagons?
I don't either tbh
I'm gonna finish catching up but if I don't see a wagon I like I'll have tonvote goldfish as well.
Uhuuh can't expect a "I'll have to vote Goldfish" to not catch my eye! Why would my slot have been the vote of choice?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 567, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 563, Abnegation wrote:
In post 559, KawaiiKame wrote: We need momentum
we have 6 hours left, we need an execution.
could you share reads if you've got any?
I'm liking feysal with what I'm seeing, enchant feels okay, straight up claiming green is nai in rvs is nai to me, rauth feels slight town/null, I'm not liking that furitive is wagon flipping though this might be how town furitive acts, 0 conviction, I feel you okay, we do need an execution

Wait furitive said the momentum is with raith but I'm not feeling it
*rauth
@KawaiiKame:
can you say a bit more about not feeling Rauth at the time?

In post 582, ActionDan wrote: my ending thoughts are that Abnegation; Feysal; Hugir are all pretty strong town, for multiple reasons. Massive gap between them and anyone else in the spectrum. I think Ice is scummier than not but very much not certain will reassess over the night.
@ActionDan:
interested in your reasons.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:43 am

Post by Aisa »

(You'll all be relieved to know I have no other questions for now :P )
In post 649, Enchant wrote: So.

Why only one kill?
Feels like it could be 37 different reasons? Do you have an opinion?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 654, Enchant wrote:
In post 652, Aisa wrote: (You'll all be relieved to know I have no other questions for now :P )
@
Immediately asks question
Old habits…
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Aisa »

Yeah this could easily be the same thing.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Aisa »

"Why are you not voting Kawaii?"

I guess I'm wondering - does anyone here have any familiarity with Kawaii? Is their tone their usual town tone? Is this too easy? What alignment is everyone else? I don't really have a feel for this game so I'm not really aching to flashwagon Kawaii right this very second. But the people on the wagon have points.

On an unrelated note today I found out that it's pronounced WAH-gon not WAY-gon and I'm so upset
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 663, Abnegation wrote: i've played with town!kawaii before (game link here). the tone is the same, but i'm not scumreading them for tone. it's more that their content doesn't really make sense and might point to being partnered with rauther.
they are way lurkier here, but it seems they've flaked the site.
That's nice background, thanks. Looking at this again:
In post 567, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 563, Abnegation wrote:
In post 559, KawaiiKame wrote: We need momentum
we have 6 hours left, we need an execution.
could you share reads if you've got any?
I'm liking feysal with what I'm seeing, enchant feels okay, straight up claiming green is nai in rvs is nai to me, rauth feels slight town/null, I'm not liking that furitive is wagon flipping though this might be how town furitive acts, 0 conviction, I feel you okay, we do need an execution

Wait furitive said the momentum is with raith but I'm not feeling it
*rauth
I think "the momentum is with raith but I'm not feeling it" is like, maybe a little oddly timed? And yes it could point to a partner. Disagree it doesn't make sense though.

As you say... I doubt the lurking is alignment indicative for the most part. I'm gonna shrug and wait and see. ^^
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 674, furtiveglance wrote: Sittin on a wagon
Drinking from a flagon
Accosted by a paigon
Shoot em with my ray gun
Not bad!
In post 681, ActionDan wrote:
In post 651, Aisa wrote:
In post 582, ActionDan wrote: my ending thoughts are that Abnegation; Feysal; Hugir are all pretty strong town, for multiple reasons. Massive gap between them and anyone else in the spectrum. I think Ice is scummier than not but very much not certain will reassess over the night.
@ActionDan:
interested in your reasons.
For the town reads I'll speak in mostly generalities: Abnegation: Aside from the fact that the miller claim fits well with the game (and now there is a bene cop) their posting has always been good. Feysal: similar solid posting + the backtrack on Rauth was + town as they reconsidered a decently solid case on him; Scum are not likely to hold back and stay their hand on a juicy target (also if partnered no reason to originally case rauth after an expressed town read with no critical pressure on him); Hugir: slightly weaker than the other two in terms of town reads but their is a fluidity in their posting and their ease of direct town reads (includes my own ;)) that I have enjoyed plus I thought the attempt to clear Snakelet was + town.

Ice: Most of this read comes down to a poor early series of posts. I can go over specifics but I've done that for half this game already. Since then and rereading a bit over night Ice's posts have markedly improved and I didn't realize just how similar his rauth case was to mine (and others) until reading it for understanding. Perhaps it was done out of necessity but at the very least it shows he can think like a townie.
Ahh I meant to only ask about the townreads thanks for the explanations anyway!

My thoughts: not interested in clearing Abne from the miller claim, but the posting so far does seem maybe a little towny?
Disagree that scum are not likely to hold their hand on a juicy target - or rather, yes in certain situations, but if none of the likely eliminations were Feysal's hypothetical scum partner then holding back on Rauth could easily be for show. I'll have to look at the original case Feysal wrote on Rauth again as I don't remember it. I don't have a strong opinion on anything you said about Hugir. Or Hugir themselves.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 673, Feysal wrote:
In post 650, Aisa wrote:
@Feysal

Spoiler:
In post 484, Feysal wrote:
In post 481, Rautherdir wrote: Actually thinking about it, I should probably try to catch rolestoppers instead of doing random shots in the dark, so I believe I know who my target should be tonight if I live.
I think you are underestimating the potential of your role. I can easily think of half a dozen roles that you could provide direct or indirect evidence of. I would recommend you pick someone you think is likely to be nightkilled, and don't tell who in advance.

What do you think is good about a checker targeting someone who is likely to be nightkilled?
People likely to be nightkilled are also magnets for other actions from town and scum, and a checker could provide evidence for several roles. For example, failure to check could prove the target had been rolestopped or jailed, or the target was hiding. Success would have ruled out other actions, by other players and the target.
Ah, sure. That makes sense.
In post 650, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm starting to get the impression that Rautherdir is posting his unfiltered thoughts, without stopping to think things through, and stumbled into contradictory stances.

UNVOTE: Rautherdir

I don't have much on IceDragon, for or against him, but time is running out and we need to pick someone.

ActionDan, Rautherdir, Abnegation, furtiveglance and me, that is two votes short of an execution. I hope he will be back from his V/LA soon to respond.

Interested in what you were thinking around this time. What made Rauth seem unfiltered?
It was the exchange between him and Hell Froze Over starting from post , where Rautherdir was wondering whether to check an ascetic IC. Those posts were made in quite quick succession, and it looked like Rautherdir had posted without finishing his thought first.
Ok, I looked at this and it didn't tell me much unfortunately. I knew Rauth had flipped green before I started reading, so I don't have my reaction at the time as a reference point. I'll file this under "no idea what this means".
In post 650, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 568, Feysal wrote:
In post 562, Abnegation wrote: Unfortunately, I don't think that's ai for them. We could try flashwagoning them though if you want to.
I agree it is null, but right now I think both the alternatives are more likely to be town than a shot in the dark. And there is the theory that when multiple replacements happen, they are
slightly
more likely to be scum, because knowing you lost a partner can be demoralizing. Yes, I admit that is weak.

I'm setting my clock to wake me before the deadline, should I need to change my vote.

UNVOTE: IceDragon70

How likely did you think this flashwagon was to go through?
Snowball in hell, honestly. I probably would not have even tried it without Abnegation mentioning a flashwagon a couple hours earlier. I saw no harm in trying though, since I made sure I would be there before the deadline.
This is a reassuring reply to me, at least you seem aware that it came across as a bit of a shot in the dark
In post 650, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 589, Feysal wrote:
In post 583, Hell Froze Over wrote: I think that {Rauth, Ice} is almost surely not all town. If this flips blue I'm pretty confident that Ice is green.
I actually think both of them are town now. If I had to name my best bet for scum heading into night, it actually is KawaiiKame. That instant buddying in response to a hint of pressure was too weird.

What did you think of the mechanical argument for {Rauth, Ice} not both being town?
What mechanical argument? If there was one, I missed it. I thought there was no reason they could not both be town, and in fact believed they both probably were.
There was, here, and in fact I think that's where Hell Froze Over's idea that {Rauth, Ice} would not both be town must have come from:
Spoiler:
In post 516, Hell Froze Over wrote: UNVOTE:

Mechanically, ID's claimed role would interact wierdly with a Checker I think. Checker's already not all that good, and would quite antisynergyse with an Empowerer. I don't think ID/Rauth are any likely to be both invocation.

A thought came in my mind that, if Benediction has a factional role
stop
, then a Checker would be significantly more useful, and Benediction would be interested in using an Empowerer to neutralize the Checker
~b
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Aisa »

Fiiine I relent you can have a townlean for now
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Aisa »

...I don't really have it in me to decide who to vote today but I promise I'll pick someone to vote tomorrow
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 685, furtiveglance wrote: More votes on KawaiiKame?
Pros: not Enchant, I don't have to develop an original scumread, I blame the hivemind if it goes wrong
Cons: there will still be no sign of any alternative wagon today, I don't get to be provocative and original

See what I mean? Hard choices. Need time to ponder =P
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 694, Abnegation wrote:
Spoiler: fluffposting
so i'm kind of annoyed. i am only 30% done with that readslist that i was talking about, but my brain doesn't like to wake up until, like, 9 pm, and caffeine is not doing it for me today.
i know what to do. more caffeine!
What is the other 70% that needs to be done?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 703, ActionDan wrote: Aisa what makes enchant / furtive a cut above abnegation/feysal/hugir?
In post 711, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 632, Aisa wrote: Hi everyone! I’ve read the whole game once, but I haven’t thought about it very hard lol.

My claims to fame this game are my Enchant and furtive townreads. I’ll throw in an ActionDan townread too.
Ice also had some moments where he pinged me as towny, idk could still be scum.

I’m also not super interested in clearing anyone because of mech, or at least not because of the claims we’ve had so far.
Care to elaborate about townreads?
In post 712, IceDragon70 wrote: Specifically Enchant and Furtive
My reads on Enchant and furtive are mostly based on vibes. I don't think I'd find either an easy read if I hadn't played with them before. But I have played with them, and they just happen to pop out to me this game. I will now attempt to explain the vibes but the key thing to know is that they're not completely logically explainable, they're gut reads.

With Enchant, the conventional wisdom is that he's a bit more engaged as town and sounds a bit more stilted as scum. I haven't always gotten reads on him right, so you should take this with a grain of salt! But I just finished a game with him where he was town and he looks townier to me here. Specific things I like:
- He is engaged! Stuff like his back and forth with Rauth (start around here). I don't think I've seen him do this kind of (relatively) extended theatre as scum. Enchant is often alive in a bunch of games at a time. And he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who is very grind-y as scum. Meaning: good sign that he's engaging in some (relatively) extended discussions.
- He is making some posts that I think come from a towny perspective (e.g. 77, 389 and the following post). 448 signals to me that he is trying to evaluate other players' posts critically.

OK admittedly looking at this again he could just be Malediction and his strategy could be to just hunt for Benediction in this game. That's possible. Though it's possible to invalidate town cases for
anyone
with this argument, it's just a general curse of multiball that scum can scumhunt too. If you figure out how to deal with this problem let me know.

I'll break up my post here and explain furtive soon
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 718, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 650, Aisa wrote:
@IceDragon

Spoiler:
In post 499, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 417, Hugir wrote: Don’t like any of the current wagons?
I don't either tbh
I'm gonna finish catching up but if I don't see a wagon I like I'll have tonvote goldfish as well.
Uhuuh can't expect a "I'll have to vote Goldfish" to not catch my eye! Why would my slot have been the vote of choice?
Honestly just a random pick because I was townreading most people except them, and wanted to basically start a fresh wagon that might generate more content.
To... generate more content? You made that post a little more than 24 hours before the deadline if my maths is not wrong. That's not the time to generate more content, that's a time to eliminate scum!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh, right, I knew that at some point but forgot
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 722, Abnegation wrote:
In post 702, Aisa wrote:
In post 694, Abnegation wrote:
Spoiler: fluffposting
so i'm kind of annoyed. i am only 30% done with that readslist that i was talking about, but my brain doesn't like to wake up until, like, 9 pm, and caffeine is not doing it for me today.
i know what to do. more caffeine!
What is the other 70% that needs to be done?
meh, i don't think a reads wall is even worth posting. i haven't found anything revolutionary and i don't think i will.
Well that's relatable.
I asked because my approach to making a readslist would be to explain the reads I have and call everyone else null and call it a day. Yours sounds like more work than it's worth, yeah. However, I was looking forward to seeing you take some positions this game, so if you felt like explaining a few reads at some point you would have a keen reader.
In post 723, Abnegation wrote: honestly, i think the best play right now is to just yeet kawaii (because i think that's what's going to happen anyway) and re-evaluate tomorrow with more info. this game feels a little stuck.
I suppose this is a position!
I don't disagree, but trying to avoid a situation in which we chain multiple eliminations this way. And "kawaii is what's going to happen anyway" is like, true but also a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Deep down I know you're right and I don't even hate it as a vote buuut I will continue to talk about other slots until it looks inevitable
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 730, furtiveglance wrote: Kawaii's elimination is as inevitable as Thanos
I don't know what Thanos is so I'm immune to your mind games :P

Also FWIW just had a little chat with myself and convinced myself to townread Abnegation.

furtive towncase upcoming, don't you all worry.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Aisa »

Ok, furtive townread

Everyone is gonna have an easier time understanding if I just quote this post from a previous game.
In post 2, furtiveglance wrote: Well we're not both guards
This is from a game in January. Here he is talking to me and this is the very first post he made in our neighbourhood. Guards = mafia.
I remember seeing this at the time and thinking "huh, this already seems a bit towny". There's clearly this strong implication of a townie perspective, knowing that he's town so we can't both be mafia. But it's also so casual. I just thought the vibe was more likely to be town. Didn't say anything at the time obviously, because, uh, way too random even for me.

Unfortunately for you all I turned out to be right so I now believe this tell is worth something. This game there's this, which is similar:
In post 645, furtiveglance wrote: You're definitely making me think

We haven't played me good you bad before I don't think
Sorry this is so self-referential
---
Could have sworn there were more posts to which I could apply that tell ^ but I misremembered :dead: :dead:

Some more generalities quickly: doesn't seem like he's pushing an agenda, seemed quite straightforward about not knowing who to vote yesterday which seems like an angle scum rarely take, vibes again - the posts in which he is replying to other people or justifying something he's done don't seem overwrought. I've had luck townreading him for making certain types of jokes in the past - I don't know if this is still accurate but in my head posts like this one are classic town!furtive.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 734, Abnegation wrote: i kind of want you to explain your progression on me.
Suppose I kinda brought this one upon myself by talking about it, huh?

Skimmed the game before replacing in and thought you were obvtown
Read the game when I replaced in and still thought you were a bit towny, but also psyched myself a bit into thinking that maybe I didn't remember your scum game in ChatGPT as well as I thought, also you seemed to do well as scum and people can manipulate their meta so I needed to be wary of you anyway
Was talking to myself earlier about the differences between your scum game as I understand it and your play this game, and they just sounded too fundamental to continue justifying my lukewarm stance on you

"What are the differences?" I still haven't looked back at ChatGPT but in my head,
- I get less of a sense that you're trying to warp things in order to fit your narrative. I have mostly approved of the way you assess evidence and the validity of certain tells and stuff like that.
- You seem to have more of an investigative mindset. You seem pretty chatty.
- I think I maybe sense a bit more implicit paranoia? Not sure I'm not making this up, but I think there were a couple moments in ChatGPT where you told people that you were paranoid ("This player seems towny for this but it could also be scum, aah"), while here I think that doubt or uncertainty could be behind some of your posting but you're not making a point out of telling everyone.

There are still things I'm watching out for but obviously not going to just tell you what they are :wink:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Aisa »

Ok last thing before I go but just so you're all aware I'm in a neighbourhood with Kawaii. We were added to it at the start of today (Day 2). I didn't cause this. Kawaii says they didn't cause this. So we don't know what caused this. I note that Goldfish and Kawaii were the two slots with the lowest post count at the end of Day 1.

Kawaii posted a little in the hood around the same time they last posted here, nothing super revolutionary. I had mentioned that the hood could possibly be useful but that I was not sure how to read Kawaii. They replied that yes, it could be useful, they were aware that it was not easy to read them at that moment, and hopefully they would be able to be a little more active.

This doesn't really affect my view of the Kawaii wagon, like sure it would be cool if I got to do some scumhunting in the hood, but I'm mainly not joining the Kawaii wagon just to be contrarian and to talk about other slots for a bit
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:29 pm

Post by Aisa »

I think Kawaii might be at E-1.

Interested in you expanding on your furtive vote, Keeper, I understand if you want to wait for furtive to go first.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Aisa »

I targeted Abnegation last night. I just want this to be known for now, I don't think I'm going to expand.
I'm trying to not play mind games, so please don't go scouring my posts for hints as to what I may have done as I didn't put any hints in there. My read on her is 98% based on dayplay.

Yes, the circumstances of this claim do rule out certain things. For example, I did not get a result that contradicted Abne's miller claim last night.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Aisa »

Tonight's Tinfoil is that I'm suddenly wondering if I should take my furtive townread away D:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Aisa »

"Why" idk I just ISOed him again and everything suddenly looks scummy, please help D: D:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Aisa »

VOTE: Hugir
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 785, Abnegation wrote:
In post 783, Aisa wrote: VOTE: Hugir
are we getting a case for this read too?
Yes. The case is:
I skimmed somewhere in the neighbourhood of page 18 and all the vibes seemed off so I decided to place a vote here.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 786, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 781, Aisa wrote: "Why" idk I just ISOed him again and everything suddenly looks scummy, please help D: D:
Proof that I'm town:

This game means everything to me. I desperately want to catch both scumteams and prove that Invocation is the superior concept.

I believe Kawaii exposed himself by trying to save Rautherdir and that his posting after the wagon on him grew did not recognise it or attempt to defend himself from that wagon enough.

I have a useful, provable role that matches perfectly to an appropriate flavour name.

I have a few townreads and a scumpool.

This is all true.

#Winvocation
*side eyes*
*picks up a stick*
*pokes carefully*
You can go back in the nullbin for a while
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Aisa »

Nono not
just
the devil's so-called "townslip"
I also read some of the previous pages
All
the vibes are off
They post all these small quick little statements like they are so spontaneous and towny
I refuse to fall for their devious ways!!!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Aisa »

You need to add .jpg to the end of the image link
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 801, ActionDan wrote:"vibes" (uggg)
Hahahahah
I just spent an excessive amount of time smiling that I made you say it again :’)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 681, ActionDan wrote: Hugir: slightly weaker than the other two in terms of town reads but their is a fluidity in their posting and their ease of direct town reads (includes my own ) that I have enjoyed plus I thought the attempt to clear Snakelet was + town.
I knew I was supposed to check out something about Hugir from Dan's towncase in them. Did not remember that it was the attempt to clear Snakelet.
Meh
I guess that if I squint it can be a little +town
I do think ease of direct town reads is a bit +town as well

But still not really convinced, don't see anything scum can't fake, still think this is a nullread for me at best
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:19 am

Post by Aisa »

I wonder if Flavor Leaf has anything from his catch up?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Aisa »

2 days and a few hours to go
Hmmmm
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Aisa »

I'm thinking that Kawaii is approaching the 72 hours mark where they would be replaced. How would we react to a replacement? Would they replace into the game only to be asked to claim and get eliminated anyway? I guess that's a risk. But they could also replace into the game and be really obvtown or something. But who would we wagon then? Intriguing what seems like the majority lack of interest in an alternative wagon so far.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Aisa »

Yeah, even if you think that Kawaii's slot is so lost no claim is going to save them, at least knowing their N1 actions if any could be useful at some faraway point in the future
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Aisa »

Our neighbourhood is called a "vacuum", yes
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Aisa »

Vacuum is the same word used for the mafia PT in Rauth's role PM.

Different from what Kawaii said to me in the PT though, which is that they didn't cause this PT to appear, so I'd now like an explanation for the inconsistency @Kawaii.

P-edit: basically what Abnegation said
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Aisa »

It popped into my mind too, I wonder what that says about me
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 830, Aisa wrote: It popped into my mind too, I wonder what that says about me
For the avoidance of any doubt that's a joke, I am not trying to insinuate that I am scum with Kawaii in any way, shape, or form
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 832, Abnegation wrote:
In post 2, Narration wrote:
  • The only Bastard mechanic present is the possibility of mod misdirection.
i was going to say "redirector?" but this would suggest otherwise.
tbf I don't think that's always considered Bastard
I ran a game with a redirector in it and RH (our mod) reviewed it and didn't seem to think that was bastard
(In hindsight I think the players would have appreciated a heads up whoops I'm sorry)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #47) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Aisa »

Yeahh I think it's probably up to individual judgment
In post 436, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 426, Alianna wrote: @mod - if, hypothetically, we were targeted by a redirector ability (not reflexive, a regular redirector), what would get redirected? Would it be our doctor ability, the factional kill, or both?
I will go ahead and answer this since I consider redirectors semi bastard, there is no redirector or redirecting abilities in this game
NM's response implied not everyone considers them bastard
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #48) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Aisa »

I... think that I think the time to hammer may have come?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #49) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Aisa »

I'm definitely watching FL tomorrow and expecting some takes from that slot. Do you think there's a reason why we need the catch up now rather tomorrow?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (isolation #50) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Aisa »

You're already on the wagon lol
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (isolation #51) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 853, Abnegation wrote:
In post 846, Aisa wrote: You're already on the wagon lol
no they weren't. they unvoted.
Sorry, should have checked lol
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #52) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Aisa »

Kawaii, who did you target
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #53) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:38 am

Post by Aisa »

I didn't realise Abnegation was hammer testing Kawaii initially lol, though I was legitimately wrong about Enchant being on the wagon
Also apparently I say "lol" a lot when I'm stressed
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #54) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Aisa »

*thought
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (isolation #55) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 843, Abnegation wrote: idk how i feel about a hammer before flavor leaf has done his catchup, but kawaii is beyond any doubt the execution today.
Well, before we either decided to hammer test Kawaii or just collectively lost track of the votecount, I was pondering this

I will hammer Kawaii when I wake up tomorrow if someone else has not already done so by then

P-edit: well
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #56) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Aisa »

I understand the reason for your pressure, Hell Froze Over, though FWIW I would prefer it if it weren't there

Things about Kawaii's claim that could point to town:
- They came back to answer one of the questions we had after they first claimed.

Things about Kawaii's claim that could point to scum:
- Left after they seemed to think they had been hammered
- Has not claimed their N1 target despite multiple requests to and/or situations in which it could have been natural to just say it
- Neighbouiser claim that's not particularly easy to fake
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #57) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 860, ActionDan wrote: Are we done torturing this poor soul lmao.

I haven't been keeping track of the wagon *points to abnegation*
In post 861, ActionDan wrote: Oh nice the mod; VC?
I don't completely understand this, by the way
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #58) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 879, Flavor Leaf wrote: If I'm here next day phase, I'm just gonna use Wagonomics to get into this game and play it like that type of puzzle to get into it.
That sounds like fun!
In post 877, Aisa wrote:
In post 860, ActionDan wrote: Are we done torturing this poor soul lmao.

I haven't been keeping track of the wagon *points to abnegation*
In post 861, ActionDan wrote: Oh nice the mod; VC?
I don't completely understand this, by the way
To elaborate, I'm not quite sure what Dan was getting at with the "I haven't been keeping track of the wagon *points to abnegation*" line
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 883, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 875, Aisa wrote: I understand the reason for your pressure, Hell Froze Over, though FWIW I would prefer it if it weren't there

Things about Kawaii's claim that could point to town:
- They came back to answer one of the questions we had after they first claimed.

Things about Kawaii's claim that could point to scum:
- Left after they seemed to think they had been hammered
- Has not claimed their N1 target despite multiple requests to and/or situations in which it could have been natural to just say it
- Neighbouiser claim that's not particularly easy to fake
I mean, sorry, but it's not like there's much else I can do anymore. I just want to feel useful :/
Oh nono it's ok, your presence is the game is really reassuring and I understand why you might have said that!

I just suddenly felt a little seed of doubt that Kawaii could be town because they (sort of) came back to explain their claim. So had a moment where I was like
oh no, if I didn't want to vote Kawaii anymore I'd be in a lot of trouble
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (isolation #60) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Aisa »

Congratulations to Malediction!! I think it was well deserved. Thinking back on the game, it always felt like they were a little step ahead of town.

Shame the rain dance didn't work.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (isolation #61) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1822, Flavor Leaf wrote: ActionDan is a legend. Can't praise high enough at how good his scum play was.

Like, I came into this game seeing he was scum, and he worked the game, and got me to not only ease off of that scum read, but move me off of his partner Feysal, and we all faded Abnegation.

All while creating a permanent riff between Furt and Flavor.

Like, I knew it wasn't as strong as the game made it feel it was, but that's the strength of what ActionDan did.

That's just the stuff that was directly tied to me too.
I was a bit checked out of following along on Day 3 but this makes me want to go back to look at it to understand what happened!
In post 1344, Enchant wrote: when i learnt about love i instantly assumed it's scummy doing
This is still the out-of-context quote of the game for me
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #62) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1826, ActionDan wrote: And ofc special mention to my partner for clutching it out!
Yeah I thought Feysal did pretty well, too! I never said this in the spec PT but I remember townreading them and fangirling over their mech posts at one point :oops:

There was
Spoiler: Night Actions spoiler
a surprising amount of holstering this game, and it's funny that it balanced out at exactly one kill per night
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (isolation #63) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1834, Feysal wrote:
In post 1821, Aisa wrote: Congratulations to Malediction! I think it was well deserved. Thinking back on the game, it always felt like they were a little step ahead of town.
When you see our PT, you may change your mind about this. There were times when we were just as lost as town. At one point, I had a crazy theory of you being Benediction too, based on some weird role mechanics, which we quickly learned was incorrect.

I think this game was scum-sided. In our PT, after I realized just how much power we had, I said it felt like our main enemy was Benediction, while the town was an afterthought. That was part of why I would have preferred a draw or town win, rather than losing to Benediction.
In post 1835, Feysal wrote:
In post 1831, Aisa wrote: Yeah I thought Feysal did pretty well, too! I never said this in the spec PT but I remember townreading them and fangirling over their mech posts at one point :oops:
I'm honestly surprised by this. Historically, my scum games have ranged from mediocre to downright bad. I think what helped me was that this was my first game in years, and even a scum role could not kill my enthusiasm. Also, this was multiball, so for the first two days I could play as town. It was only on day three when I had to start making up excuses to suspect people of being Malediction, and people did notice how my heart was not in it. I'm not sure what I would have done as town from then on, but it would have been fair to expect something more.
Right, I can see how hunting for Benediction might have helped you channel your town play into the game, and this was a really chaotic game for sure. Still found myself agreeing with some of the things you said as I watched on from the dead thread, and you still presented yourself in a way that avoided suspicion for the most part and avoided getting you limmed.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”