Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 12, Aureal wrote: VOTE: T-Bone

Say it with me now...

I

AM

JUSTICE!!!!
Something Kira would say...LIGHT YAGAMI
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 54, Radical Rat wrote: T-Bone is L.

Anime got worse after L died.

Therefore, T-Bone dying will make this game worse.

Therefore, T-Bone must be Town, so we don't eliminate him.
10000% truer words have never been said

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #121 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

Please put Cuddle Time to L-1 and I will insta-hammer no questions asked.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 128, CUDDLE TIME wrote: One of those three may be scum. Feels like a potentially opportunistic stance to take

-Black
This is pretty lazy if your slot is town.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #131 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

But your slot has made 37 posts and the rest of us have barely got double digits. Couple that with the hydra dissonance you're already showing at best you're a net negative for the town right now. But since your slot has given the most content my honest opinion is that it is pretty anti-town with the hydra dissonance alone.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #137 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

So two things, sorry, when you're a 4 person hydra I'm going to fixate on dissonance. Your slot can quickly make the game unfun if not reigned in. I'm not saying you're doing it right now but I am bracing myself for it and that doesn't have anything to do with you.

I'll grab the posts later but there was one of you arguing with Aureal about just asking questions/not having reads, to the certainly of the HPE scumread, to also having a Klick read but backing off because one of your heads does not agree. That's a lot of whiplash that started on like page 3 and now we're here on page 6.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

Posts 135 and 136 precisely demonstrates this issue lol

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:43 am

Post by T-Bone »

Dragon is trying to take my concerns seriously but Black is dismissing them. That's dissonance my dudes.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:44 am

Post by T-Bone »

How about you and Dragon get on the same page for a moment instead of demonstrating the exact thing I just complained is anti-town of your slot to be doing?

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:48 am

Post by T-Bone »

I was going to give Dragon credit because I think when Dragon said "I'm reading HPE as scum and not trying to push a different read to prevent this" I took him seriously and that's why I cited specifically what I was talking about about so he could see it. But Black came in to prove the point and undercut Dragon all at once. How is that not dissonance? Even if you think they haven't done it to this point it happened in real time when trying to defend against the claim (Dragon) and dismiss the claim like a troll (Black). Black just made the claim that I cannot believe they are anti-town because they are 4 strong players. Where is the strong play from Black in this situation???

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

I think it does, I cited when it happened earlier and it's literally happening in real time now, HPE. I can quote the situations better when I'm not mobile posting or you can go back to page 3 or whenever it started and take a look for yourself on the merits of my claim. Or you know, the fact that it's happening now in real time. Dragon even scolded Black in this thread!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #157 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

Post by T-Bone »

Thanks for explaining for what it's worth, Dragon! That's helpful!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

You're going to have to be more specific.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #162 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 160, Klick wrote: The big hydra is town
If you think their presence is net negative you should probably talk to and about other slots
Tell me about this conclusion.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:16 am

Post by T-Bone »

For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #168 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 166, Klick wrote:
In post 162, T-Bone wrote:
In post 160, Klick wrote: The big hydra is town
If you think their presence is net negative you should probably talk to and about other slots
Tell me about this conclusion.
They look like four ducks
They quack like four ducks

I am in the camp of moving the discussion away from the hydra that everyone thinks is dominating the discussion
I'm fine with moving the discussion away from them but only one head at best quacks like a duck. Another sounds like a pig trying to quack, if you want to go with this weird animal metaphor. And that was my point, ultimately, in challenging the slot.

So do want to call them town because you think discussing them is exhausting or because of something they did that makes you think so? Please be specific if that exists

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:23 am

Post by T-Bone »

What you don't realize is that I'm brilliant and the next time I draw scum I will run circles around the town just like I always do :P

sadly that's not today. I know we're all disappointed.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #171 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:24 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 169, Doctor Drew wrote: I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
Actually I'm hoping to break this down. You called my take head scratching analysis. Why? What do you disagree with?

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #174 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 172, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
I mean, that's pretty scummy by itself. AD did the math but grouping together any three players and saying 'one is scum' is about the most laziest thing you could do to pretend to give a take on the game. I know your protest to this is "but it's not any three players, it's three players pushing a policy lim". But then you also chose to deflect some real criticisms I had of your hydra displaying dissonance while literally disagreeing with Dragon in this thread about how you should respond to those criticisms and making a performance out of it honestly.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #176 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 173, Klick wrote: I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
I asked because I want to know what you're thinking. I don't want to argue with you about your conclusions, I don't care about those.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:40 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 178, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 171, T-Bone wrote:
In post 169, Doctor Drew wrote: I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
Actually I'm hoping to break this down. You called my take head scratching analysis. Why? What do you disagree with?
Basically saying that hydra dissonance is anti-town(I half joked about this take l, since I used to believe this back in the day). But now I believe it to be more of a town tell, I have even used it to appear as town once in a hydra.

Now saying that, do you think anything one of the heads has said is actually scummy? Or even do you believe that the dissonance is forced?
I get that impulse because naturally the counter to that is "if dissonance is scummy why would scum ever do it?" but then it's WIFOM anyway at that point.

To those two questions, yes, and maybe. I think I explained what about Black's behavior I didn't like (and even compared it to Dragon's who I did like). Maybe because I can see a world where Black is doing it out of spite.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #181 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 179, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 174, T-Bone wrote:
In post 172, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
I mean, that's pretty scummy by itself. AD did the math but grouping together any three players and saying 'one is scum' is about the most laziest thing you could do to pretend to give a take on the game. I know your protest to this is "but it's not any three players, it's three players pushing a policy lim". But then you also chose to deflect some real criticisms I had of your hydra displaying dissonance while literally disagreeing with Dragon in this thread about how you should respond to those criticisms and making a performance out of it honestly.
Can you stop calling my read lazy? You're the one advocating for a policy lim because it's too hard for you to read 4 people. That's about as lazy as it gets

I genuinely think scum could posture to get on our wagon and it would be very beneficial for them. Disguising their motive as a policy lim because "oh woe is me the hydra is overwhelming" makes sense to me. When we flip town scum can just blend into the 3-4 people wanting to policy lim us. You can call this read "lazy" but it's a real thought I had about the game

-Black
You just played a game with me so you know I like explanations. I'd have been less critical with this explanation up front.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #192 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

I was gonna do it before because that would have been funny.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #231 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 199, Aureal wrote:
Note to self: never hydra in a game that has T-Bone in it :eek:
I'm coming for all the hydras call me Hercules

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #232 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 206, Hu Tao wrote: I'm going to take a nap. I'll catch up later
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #233 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:12 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 215, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 173, Klick wrote: I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
I've come to the same conclusion. I got what I needed to be able to read both black and dragon. I'm pretty familiar with them and I feel confident in reading them. They both replied in a way that I feel town them would. Do you have familiarity with T-Bone? Is he known as a very strong scum player?
I'm the best of all time.

I should probably multi-quote but I wasn't expecting all these things I wanted to sub-tweet!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #299 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

T-Bone can you send me a random scum game of yours?
Can you explain to me why you want it? Meta is trash. (but seriously I want to know your reasoning as specific as you can give it)

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #314 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:48 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 300, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 299, T-Bone wrote:
In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

T-Bone can you send me a random scum game of yours?
Can you explain to me why you want it? Meta is trash. (but seriously I want to know your reasoning as specific as you can give it)
What do you think about my read on you based on personal meta with you?
Your read is bad if that's the reason!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #368 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:25 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 320, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: Gimli
HURT: RR

Will elaborate on this later but I wanna see if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing first

- Dragon
Actually, yes to the first part.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”