Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Socrates »

We're on page 3 and already so close to a lynch.

Spyrex would be so proud.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:14 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Actually screw it! I'm a bulletproof investigative role >_>
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Socrates »

A+ recovery. Smooth as silk.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:23 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Well, now that the cat's outta the bag, there's no real point in trying to go undetected
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay so do something now
I prefer they, thanks :)
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Jaack »

Only scum would benefit from knowing that information today, so I'm going to play that close to my chest for now. (They need to know if I'm a potential excuse or a potential threat)

You hold off on voting for a vote count, but you sound like you planning to vote him regardless of what it turns out to be. Am I correct?[/quote]

The reason I want to know about your role is fto keep you accountible later days. I see no reason why your role is necessarily town (ie I could see a scum cheerleader, or even a trolly third party cheerleader). I could see you as scum being able to cheese a free fake guilty out of it. I could also see your hypothetical scum partners being able to explain away failed role actions without any accountibility.

I agree that if you are town, it only helps scum to know. But if you are scum it benefits town to know as it locks you out of certain scum strategies.

----

No, I'm not planning on voting at the moment because I'm not confident enough to put him in lynch range at this point. While I feel reasonibly confident in him being scum, I'd prefer to get reads on other people before running into a lynch.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by McMenno »

alban you said you were playing for fun and not especially to win... well how does socrates outing his role impact your fun?
In post 50, alban wrote:
In post 48, PranaDevil wrote:My vote on alban was legit. Didn't like how he tried to make out socrates' reveal was bad. It's a role that severely hinders town, and thus us knowing it's there aids us in the knowledge of what could happen. I think a scum.in that role would be better off keeping quiet and letting confusion reign down. Especially if he was still alive late game and, say, a confirmed cop type was investigating someone and got random blocked. Then town could mislymch because of it.

By announcing it, we're prepared for things, the information helps the town massively, as opposed to if we knew nothing.
Sure. Agreed. My comment was more as a player than as a townie who wants to win at any cost. I wanna have fun. So Socrates could have maybe claimed a lil later in d1.

2 things surprise me about you, dwlee and others who are voting for me based on my comment:
- how readily you are accepting socrates's claim, and how less inclined you are to question his claim.
- you are unable to explain how my comment is scummy for you to want to vote for me. Socrates might be town, but why is scummy to ask him to withhold role info for a few more calendar days?
well. first of all cheerleaders can be both town and mafia. so sure he could be a mafia roleblocker, but that's unlikely. much more likely that he's either a town cheerleader claiming his neg util role (a protown move) or mafia cheerleader claiming for towncred, or not trying to screw himself over during a potential massclaim later down the road. second of all you still haven't explained why he should withhold his role
In post 76, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Actually screw it! I'm a bulletproof investigative role >_>
not sure if those even exist in this setup? unless you're chuck norris I guess
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 80, Jaack wrote:The reason I want to know about your role is fto keep you accountible later days. I see no reason why your role is necessarily town (ie I could see a scum cheerleader, or even a trolly third party cheerleader). I could see you as scum being able to cheese a free fake guilty out of it. I could also see your hypothetical scum partners being able to explain away failed role actions without any accountibility.

I agree that if you are town, it only helps scum to know. But if you are scum it benefits town to know as it locks you out of certain scum strategies
So... he should reveal regardless despite if he's town it hinders us some? No, don't reveal shit now at all. In fact, keep it hidden until we need to know so scum won't be able to hide behind shit later. Only reveal if you're able to catch someone out, as if it turns out you don't know, scum then will be inclined to worry about whether they will be blocked or not.

Sure Socrates could be scum, but he's as likely to be scum as everyobe else at the moment. 3 pages in is not the time to have solid reads. It's definitely the time to look at connections later in the game though.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 51, Dwlee99 wrote:It is a negative utility role, you claim it in your first post, full stop. Unless you have extremely good reason to, you have to do it in your first post, it is like a miller. That isnt even why Im voting you, though, Im voting you because who the heck asks "Are we still in RVS?" outside of your first games.
why is that question alignment indicative?
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by bangthemafia »

Hi guys, am I late for party?

VOTE: Jaaak for the roleblocker question. No need to have asked that question NOW to keep socrates accountable. Mod would answer your question anytime. So it looked attempts at getting towncred.

By the way, what the fuck is this setup? We are not even told how many scum:town are there? Is balance assured? Is there a wiki page for this setup or possible roles? Or are we going to have to believe anyone who comes up with any fucking role claims?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Most roles, but not all roles, can be found here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12368

If you have any questions about anything PM me
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 83, All Alone wrote:
In post 51, Dwlee99 wrote:It is a negative utility role, you claim it in your first post, full stop. Unless you have extremely good reason to, you have to do it in your first post, it is like a miller. That isnt even why Im voting you, though, Im voting you because who the heck asks "Are we still in RVS?" outside of your first games.
Well if you look at the very next post..
In post 52, Dwlee99 wrote:It is like you were trying to alleviate pressure on your slot by asking any question to seem useful.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:12 am

Post by alban »

In post 81, McMenno wrote:alban you said you were playing for fun and not especially to win... well how does socrates outing his role impact your fun?
In post 50, alban wrote:
In post 48, PranaDevil wrote:My vote on alban was legit. Didn't like how he tried to make out socrates' reveal was bad. It's a role that severely hinders town, and thus us knowing it's there aids us in the knowledge of what could happen. I think a scum.in that role would be better off keeping quiet and letting confusion reign down. Especially if he was still alive late game and, say, a confirmed cop type was investigating someone and got random blocked. Then town could mislymch because of it.

By announcing it, we're prepared for things, the information helps the town massively, as opposed to if we knew nothing.
Sure. Agreed. My comment was more as a player than as a townie who wants to win at any cost. I wanna have fun. So Socrates could have maybe claimed a lil later in d1.

2 things surprise me about you, dwlee and others who are voting for me based on my comment:
- how readily you are accepting socrates's claim, and how less inclined you are to question his claim.
- you are unable to explain how my comment is scummy for you to want to vote for me. Socrates might be town, but why is scummy to ask him to withhold role info for a few more calendar days?
well. first of all cheerleaders can be both town and mafia. so sure he could be a mafia roleblocker, but that's unlikely. much more likely that he's either a town cheerleader claiming his neg util role (a protown move) or mafia cheerleader claiming for towncred, or not trying to screw himself over during a potential massclaim later down the road. second of all you still haven't explained why he should withhold his role
In post 76, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Actually screw it! I'm a bulletproof investigative role >_>
not sure if those even exist in this setup? unless you're chuck norris I guess
I rather arrive at decisions logically than someone giving their role to me on a platter. He could have done it few pages down the line; was unnecessary for Page 1. Sure this is pro-town, but my contention isn't even regarding that.

About being at L-2,
Instant reaction: ignore. Maybe I'll be lynched. Who cares? Town's loss.

Thought-about reaction: Claim if majority wants that.

Pressure? Nope.
Consideration for town? Yes.
Selfish reasons? Yes. Quite an interesting role which I won't get again and again.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:35 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Anybody for a mass claim?
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:35 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Cumon bitches!!
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 86, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 83, All Alone wrote:
Well if you look at the very next post..
In post 52, Dwlee99 wrote:It is like you were trying to alleviate pressure on your slot by asking any question to seem useful.
Dwlee99, you know what happens when I ask you why something is alignment indicative, and your answer is a pretzel of discrediting moonlogic that
doesn't even mention alignment
?

You know what happens?
You know what happens?

Dwlee99,

VOTE: Dwlee99
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Le Pro Tip: trying to alleviate pressure on your slot by asking any question to seem useful is scummy
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:54 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 91, Dwlee99 wrote:Le Pro Tip: trying to alleviate pressure on your slot by asking any question to seem useful is scummy
while this is technically correct, the use of "le" deserves lynching
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor