Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Farkran »

SS do you think menalque is scum in this game? I am a bit puzzled as to why i have been townreading Braveheart (former mena slot) while skitter wasn't, when now she has 180'ed her read on mena and i am starting having suspicions - like, i don't know if menalque is trying to engage a conversation with me or if he's actually scumreading me. He's been shading me more than once in this game, but when asked about that he says his vote was a joke and i'm in the townzone of his readlist right after pp and skit.

Yeah, this sounds like i'm trying to squeeze more from you because i am, SS. Please talk more. I think you get more readable the more you speak (probably not to me, but other people should know you better), and it is in your best interest to talk more if you're town

So please give me your opinion on menalque since he's been producing a lot of content recently
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I said Menalque was town in . I agree with him that he'd be able to walk all over the gamestate as scum here, which is why I don't think he'd push someone who might change that if he didn't have any special reason to.

Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit here, but I think if I launched an effective enough pushback at Menalque, people would listen, especially if I was backed by skitter which I probably would be.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Farkran »

Ok, thanks

Do you have any clue about the nk? If you think tnk is scum, likely i wasn't healed, so what's the reason for no nk?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:39 am

Are you reading lol
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:43 am

I've been TNK's strongest (only?) defender pretty much since I replaced in.

Even ignoring that, why would it ever be a good idea to speculate about the reasons for the missing NK...
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Farkran »

Sorry i'm trying to have a clean conversation, i tried isoing but it evidently didn't work lol

Anyways, why would it be a bad idea? I'm not trying to fish for why the target didn't die, just about who could've been the target, i think there would be value in that
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 am

I mean, the obvious reason is because if there's a doctor then scum know who the target is, and then if we ask the doctor "hey who do you think got targeted" they have to either be honest or come up with a lie and that might tip off scum and it has no upside.

And just it has no upside in general. What do we gain from discussing that, without having any clue about what the possible kill-stopping capabilities in the game are (or even if the scum have a factional kill)?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Farkran »

We could gain in terms of NKA if we can identify the target of nk, that would be interesting.

If tnk flips scum, the nk likely wasn't me, that's the premise for my question. I am wondering if it makes sense for scum to kill me n1.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:51 am

In post 1257, Farkran wrote:We could gain in terms of NKA if we can identify the target of nk
Sure, but we can't.

We can speculate about the NK, but you can't make a guess and then use that guess as evidence.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Farkran »

Who do you think could have been the nk then?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 2.8Totally Not Korina (5): , , , , ,
SirCakez (2): , ,
Something_Smart (1): ,
Absolutely Chillin (1): ,
Not_Mafia (0):
Menalque (0):
Farkran (0):
Korg (0):
Klick (0):
skitter30 (0):
PenguinPower (0):
Puppy (0):

Not Voting (3): Korg, Totally Not Korina,

The Deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-04-27 13:00:00).
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Jingle »

Korg is being replaced, Deadline is suspended until a replacement is found (and will likely be resumed at 48 hours from the point where I process a replacement.)

As a PSA, I am going to be busier than normal the next few days. As such, the OP and Pagetop links to VCs may suffer from lack of attention until Friday at the latest. Actual votecounts, prods and responses to questions in thread and via PM should go on unchanged.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:11 am

In post 1259, Farkran wrote:Who do you think could have been the nk then?
Anyone?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Farkran »

Ok, well, at least now i have a clearer grasp of your standing

It didn't help me townreading you, but maybe it will in the future
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1251, Something_Smart wrote:especially if I was backed by skitter which I probably would be.
This feels like a weird thing for you to think, can u pls explain ur thought process
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 am

skitter is good at reading me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am

especially if you pushed me for stupid nonexistent reasons, I think she is on enough of the same wavelength as you when it comes to reading me to recognize that they are stupid nonexistent reasons.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay that actually makes a lot of sense

Although I feel that skitter is not very good at reading you actually, so maybe it doesn’t make that much sense
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:10 am

skitter is very good at calling me town :3
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Menalque »

Idk, it seemed weird to me in the first place bc I figured that from your pov either skitt and I are scum together or i have her pocketed

But I guess there’s chances where if she TRs you correctly then yeah, she’s susp if I push there

That just seems quite abstract from the game we’re actually in given how she’s been reading your slot/my slot, so I’m kinda surprised and maybe a little doubtful that you think she’d get to a correct read on you there and especially enough to SR me given what she’s said so far
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:12 am

in all seriousness, maybe she's not good at reading me when I'm scum but strictly speaking I don't care about that as long as I assume that it doesn't impact the way she reads me here.

which is maybe not a good assumption, but one I was making when I posted that, at the very least.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:13 am

In post 1269, Menalque wrote:Idk, it seemed weird to me in the first place bc I figured that from your pov either skitt and I are scum together or i have her pocketed
well she can still defend me if you have her pocketed. I didn't necessarily mean that she would have my back in trying to kill you, just in helping me not die.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay I actually TR S_S i think
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Menalque »

Maybe I am just pockitid but 1270 and the posts leading up to it feel like a nuanced thought process that I’m not sure S_S tried to replicate as scum

If he did, I imagine there’s a decent chance he could, but the way he got there felt like a very real and natural way for him to form a read on me tbh and idk... I feel like as scum he’d approach it differently?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Menalque »

PP — town
Skitt
S_S
Fark

TNK? — town? But I won’t fight it given I’m not caught up and don’t feel super confident here

Korg!slot — nullzone, dont allow them to skate by

N_M — can always be scum

Klick — scum?
Puppy
Absolutely chillin

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”