Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 61-BLINDFF3

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:48 am

Post by Quagmire »

"Welcome to the world of Figaro Castle. TO the right, you'll find a perfect symmetry to the stuff on the left. Exclude the library area in that statement.
Twelve people have met, to help detemine the outcome of the empire.

All of a sudden, everyone turns into imps! Everyone...but the mod (that's me, numbskulls :))!
"Haha," cried a laughing, horrid, evil voice, "You'll have to find us first if you want to kill the empire. Huzzah!"

And so, the journey begins. Twelve of you, each on a journey to rid each other of evil people.

The moderator then tells the citizens to get used to the poor storylines, because they will be the same throughout the game.

RULES TO LIVE AND DIE BY

1) I am the God, and all decisions made by me are FINAL.
2) Everyone starts at 500 HP. People may:
-gain HP, if some outside circumstances do so to that person. You can trade in 500 Gil for a potion, which will instantly be used for 250 HP. PM this to me if you wish to trade it in.
-Lose HP. This happens if outside circumstances state so, or a person is lynched.

When someone is lynched, they LOSE 500 HP, AND AREN'T NECCISARILY DEAD.

3) NO quoting outside communication from me.
4) Votes must be in
bold.
If you want to unvote a person, make sure to have
unvote:
in front of that name.
5) I will deadline my days id nothing is going on. If a person doesn't have the required amount of votes by the deadline, no lynch occurs. Because of this, you may also
vote: no lynch
if you wish to.
I also deadline my nights. If you don't have a choice by the deadline - too bad! So sad! No choice gets made for you!
6) If you are going to be gone for more than 48 hours at a time - notify me! So I can find a replacement for you.
7) If you die - you're not necissarily dead. Keep checking out the game.
8 ) I will NOT be making any mistakes. Sometimes, it may seem like I'm making mistakes, when I'm actually not.
9) The amount of Gil you have is important!

Also remember that this game is BLIND. The reason for it is because this game is a little different than others, and I think it would really be neat to see what everyone would play like blind.

Players who are alive, and their HP levels:
3] Rosebud - 600 HP

The wounded:
2] Unsanitary999 - 0 HP - Gau - Killed Night One.
8] Rhino - 0 HP - GOGO - Killed Day One.
1] Enforcer - 0 HP - King Edgar - Killed Night two

9] Jericho - 0 HP - Empyrial Guard - Lynched Day Two

12] solid074 - 0 HP - Cyan - Killed Night three
10] Gon - 0 HP - Celes - Killed Night Four
7] Mr. X (Replaced Serpent) - 0 HP - Mog - Lynched Day Four

4] Hambone -Kefka - 0 HP -
Was lynched on day three and on Day Five

6] Misha - Locke - 0 HP - Nightkilled on night 5, eventually died at the end of day 5.
5] Reines - Shadow - 0 HP -Killed Night Six

11] SatiricalBoB - 0 HP - Setzer -
Was struck (lynched) on day one, lived, and was killed on night two. Also brought back to life on Night 4 and then killed again on night six by his slots

You are Gau. You're a tortured boy, and your father thought you were a monster. So, during the night only, you can copy a person's ability. Make sure you add a person's name of who you want to copy, and the person you want to target. For example, you would say, "I wish to copy Person X's ability and target Person Y with it." Be careful! Not everyone has a night choice. Win condition: All non-goody-goods dead.

You are GOGO. You have the Mimic ability which picks up all moves a player can do - thus figuring out their identity. Although this technique does not always work, you can generally get an idea of who the person is. Win condition: All non-goody-goodys dead. You begin with 100 Gil.

You are King Edgar. Quite a hit with the ladies, you are! Any votes by a GIRL at you during the day will be negated. (And by girl, I mean a girl character from the game. Not in real life.) You begin with 700 Gil. Win condition: All non-goody-goodys dead.

PM me to confirm and with any questions.

You are Celes. On the town's side, you may use your "Rune" ability to redirect any targets any person would make. Please, do them in this form: "Redirect all targets that would target (Person X) and instead direct them to (Person Y)". You need not use this ability every night. Win condition: All non-goody-goodys dead. You begin with 200 gil.

You are an Empyrial Guard. You're an evil mafioso, along with your partner
in crime:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

You begin with 150 Gil. PM me to confirm and with any questions.

You are Cyan. An itinerant swordsman, you can use your Swd Tech and charge up to make one daykill.....per the game. Although you know that during Day one, your attack does 500 HP of damage, and during the second day, it also does 400 - you have no idea what it does each day after that because you have not experimented with each tech after that. Simply PM me with a choice during the day and sufficient damage will be dealt to that person. Win condition: All non-goody-two-shoes dead. You begin with 300 Gil.

You are Mog. Why, what a cute little moogle! You do a dance each night. Your dances include:
-Having someone gain 10 HP
-Dealing 100 damage to someone
-Dealing 20 damage to everyone
-Transfering ALL Gil from person X to person Y.
-Dancing so you can dance.
You may only choose one of these dances per night, so choose wisely! Win condition: All non-goody-goods dead. You begin with 100 Gil.

Last edited by Quagmire on Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:02 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by Quagmire »

It is now
night one
, because everyone has confirmed.

Night choices are dur by Tuesday at 9:00 PM CDT. If you do not get a choice in to me by then, your life will end, or you don't get a target.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Quagmire »

During the night:

12:00 AM: "Cure 1" pops up on the screen. A little light gleams in on Rosebud, as Rosebud feels new and refreshed. Rosebud has gained 100 HP, and is now at

12:30 AM: The sleepy castle does not hear a series of "chunk!"s shooting out into the landscape. SatricialBob has gained 21 HP, as has Hambone. Both Hambone and SatricialBob are at
521 HP.

1:15 AM: Still quiet, footsteps creak along the library, and head to where
unsanitary999
is sleeping. A person lashes out at unsanitary999, and the heavy sleeper does not awake until he comes to, finding himself with a knife lodged in his stomach, 16-bit blood spurting everywhere. He attempts to say his killer, but it comes to no avail. He cannot see who it is, and nevertheless, he cannot speak. He has lost 500 HP, and he is now wounded and cannot get up. He finds a piece of paper, and quick writes,
"Look in back pocket".

7 AM: The town awakes, seeing unsanitary999's note. They find his back pocket, and indeed is an amulet that Gau has had since he was a little boy.

unsanitary999, Gau, has been killed. Here is the role he recieved.

unsaniary999, You are Gau. You're a tortured boy, and your father thought you were a monster. So, during the night only, you can copy a person's ability. Make sure you add a person's name of who you want to copy, and the person you want to target. For example, you would say, "I wish to copy Person X's ability and target Person Y with it." Be careful! Not everyone has a night choice. Win condition: All non-goody-goods dead.

It is now day one. Post and vote!
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:06 pm

Post by Gon »

So... the day starts...
this is going to be interesting with players having more then 500hp....
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:17 pm

Post by Hambone »

hmm, i have 521 hp? cool
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:17 pm

Post by Jericho »

rnadom vote rhino

welcome to day one, yay! 8)
and the walls come crumblin down
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:55 pm

Post by Misha »

Orphan voice, 'Please sir, could I have what Rosebud, Hambone, and SatiricalBob got, oh but not what unsanitary999 got please.'

Anyway, so is unsanitary gone gone, as in can sign up for another mini, or is he marvel comic gone, dead until convenient to return?
random vote: serpent
, because I really don't like snakes, sorry :oops:, although Jericho comes in a close second for misspelling random :wink:
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:03 pm

Post by Jericho »

im not a good typer, sorry. ill try not to mispell anything so you dont lynch me ok? :wink:
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:59 pm

Post by Rosebud »

And I have the highest HP. Go me/whoever's throwing the Cure 1s around.

random among those whom lynching will actually kill vote: Serpent
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:55 am

Post by Quagmire »

Misha wrote:Anyway, so is unsanitary gone gone, as in can sign up for another mini, or is he marvel comic gone, dead until convenient to return?
Dead if/until he can find a way to come back to life.

Vote Tally:
2 - Serpent [Rosebud, Misha]
1 - Rhino [Jericho]

Six to lynch. No deadline set.
~marker~
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:53 am

Post by solid074 »

That explains why we haven't been told who unsanitary really was. Come on people, every square game has a "Life" spell of some sort. And I wouldn't be shocked if Phoenix Downs went on sale a little later.

Anyway, the fact that lynching obviously won't kill certain people is a strange wrinkle. Don't know what to do with that. Suppose I'll just
Random Vote:(Check's with Setzer's slot machine)SatiricalBob.

Random Final Fantasy III Quote:
"You'd best be frozen."
-Battle text
Serpent
Serpent
Ninja
Serpent
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:33 am

Post by Serpent »

Misha wrote:because I really don't like snakes, sorry :oops:
Misha, I am afraid bears, but I don't shoot this animals in Zoo. Serpent is just a nickname :wink:
SatiricalBob
SatiricalBob
Townie
SatiricalBob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:23 am

Post by SatiricalBob »

OMGUS Vote: Solid074

Your just jealous cos I have mors HP than you. :P
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:00 am

Post by Jericho »

unvote, vote serpent
cos im bandwagoning 8)
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:45 am

Post by Misha »

Unvote: Serpent
, because I think that it is too early for a bandwagon. Besides, I don't really think he is more suspicious then any of the rest of you, so why bandwagon this early?

We've been told who unsanitary was; he/she was Gau, cute little character :cry: , he liked playing with Mr. Thou a lot. Anyone have some dried meat to feed him?
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:06 am

Post by Jericho »

cos bandwagonings how you get infromation o nthe first day. no one looks suspicius the first day so you bandwagon someone to see how pepole vote and then maybe someone looks suspicius from that.
fos misha
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:53 am

Post by Misha »

:roll: , bandwagoning is only one of the ways to get information, and usually not the best way either.

For instance, why do some people have slightly higher hit points then others? Why 21, why 100? Use that information. Unsanitary was one of the people that was on the list when it was shown in the mini-thread, use that. Also, random votes are rarely completely random. Mine wasn't, it was a combination of who will we get information from if they lose 500 hitpoints and my dislike of snakes (that was the semi-random part). It appears that no one purchased a potion last night, why is that? Is it lack of gil or is it a desire to save gil til later? There are plenty of questions that can get information, bandwagoning is rarely as helpful for the town as for the mafia, in my opinion, especially when there is little actual conversation prior to the bandwagonning (6 votes total so far in less then a page and three of the votes for Serpent? :? )

Anyhows, if anyone does have the life spell, Gau might be a good choice, since he can imitate anyone (including cop or doc perchance), his ability could come in handy (although he might just get killed again).
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:58 am

Post by Gon »

solid074 wrote:Come on people, every square game has a "Life" spell of some sort. And I wouldn't be shocked if Phoenix Downs went on sale a little later.
so true, what else are the gils for? weapons? (now thats scary :? )

mod: not that i have the spare gils, but if i do, the action of buying a potion, is it a day/night or anytime action :?:
Misha wrote:random vote: serpent, because I really don't like snakes, sorry , although Jericho comes in a close second for misspelling random
how ever random the reason is, random votes with a reason are not random votes :roll:
so for now
Vote: Misha
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:02 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Gon wrote:mod: not that i have the spare gils, but if i do, the action of buying a potion, is it a day/night or anytime action :?:
It's encouraged for you to purchase them during the day, but at anytime is fine.

6 to kill the poor sap.
2 - Serpent [Rosebud, Jericho]
1 - SatricialBob [solid074]
1 - solid074 [SatricialBob]
1 - Misha [Gon]

~marker~

Did I make any mistakes, eh?
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:27 pm

Post by solid074 »

What I meant by "Who he really was" was that this is a blind game for those who didn't notice, and It'd be nice to know who the player behind the screenname was.

About the heal, it's fairly obvious that a healer type character (Terra and Celes both spring to mind) casted cure 1 last night. That's probably the closest thing we have to a doc right now.

I don't know what the "chunks" were. I don't remember those from the game. Out of curiosity Fletcher, is our source material the SNES version, the Playstation version, or some fusion of the two? (I know that there are minor differences)

By the way Gau is a guy.
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:24 pm

Post by Misha »

Ahh, sorry, I thought you were refering to the role for some reason. I think the players won't be named until there is no chance of recovery, but perhaps I am wrong.

I think that the 'chunks' may be related to Setzer, he is the only one that I can think of that would have that associated with a heal (i.e. when you don't match 3, you get something or other that restores a slight amount of hit points). I was thinking possibly Mog, but his dance heal (sunbeam or something), heals a considerable amount of hp.
Meh, perhaps I am wrong, but I prefer a tad bit of conversation about the game prior to any bandwagons or anything along those lines. Even having people all random vote sometimes gives clues as to alligences.

Also, one other thing to consider, should we prohibit people (with 500- hp) from buying potions during the day? I think yes, just because otherwise a lynch does no good for information gathering. I think I'll be quiet and write my paper now, sorry for talking a lot. :oops:
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:41 pm

Post by Hambone »

i think i should bring this to the discussion now

Last night my Gil was stolen (im not saying whether or not i still have any left)

anyone have any thoughts on who this could've been?
im thinkin anti town serial robber or something...

ie. Steal 2000 Gil as a win condition or something
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:36 pm

Post by Rosebud »

Well, I have roughly no knowledge of the theme, so I wouldn't be of much help for theme speculation.

Since somebody has healing abilities, how should they use them? It's more than just a straight doc protection (But it probably would prevent a kill if it took hp above 500 the same night that person was attacked), since if someone's targetted we want to lynch, it'd take a few more steps to lynch them. (Hopefully, we have some sort of vigi out there)
SatiricalBob
SatiricalBob
Townie
SatiricalBob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:37 am

Post by SatiricalBob »

Why are you all so sure that a night kill or lynch will only remove 500hp. Maybe a kill get's rid of it all and maybe some characters have the ability to wear down opponents, bit by bit?

I'm not as informed either but I know someone who is and will try and get as much info from them as possible.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:20 am

Post by solid074 »

Hambone, there are two thieves that come to mind when I think of FFVI. One of them is Locke, the "Treasure hunter". He would almost definitely be pro-town, as he was a member of the returner's rebellion in the game. The other is lonewolf, who would be neutral if I wrote this. He didn't work for the empire or the rebellion. He just stole stuff once in a while and got in your way. But Fletcher could've feasibly made him pro-or anti-town. So we don't know a whole lot.

Bob, here's why everyone is so sure that a lynch will reduce HP by 500.
Fletcher wrote:
When someone is lynched, they LOSE 500 HP, AND AREN'T NECCISARILY DEAD.
I'll bet kills are spell and attack based and reduce HP as well, rather than just killing the target. Though it would make sense if the mafia attack was more than 500 HP. They may even have more than one option for attack.

What confused me about the "chunks" is that they were fired from the castle, which doesn't really sound like Setzer to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”