Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by Rosebud »

My threat to put on the final vote doesn't mean too much since it's after the deadline, I guess.

I don't see a better option, but in case there's any more discussion, I won't vote yet. Of course, Hambone's numerical analysis left out the fact that he might be scum and that our healer (Or perhaps whatever stopped the dancer from killing) could successfully protect tonight, or revival could happen, or something.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:35 am

Post by Hambone »

Well the chances of the healer successfully blocking (healing someone to 600 before the maf kill them dropping them an assumed 500) is 1 in 3 because there are only 3 players at 500 hp at the moment.

If I was scum, and i made a list of stuff to happen, why would I include what would happen if i was lynched as scum? Besides, I'm not scum, so I didn't include it.

Revival, is surely a possibility, but since we haven't seen our healer attempt to heal anyone at 0 hp we don't even know if this is possible. The point that in a blind game the names of the players were not revealed suggests they are not actually dead. Though as a doctor I would not feel right attempting to heal those at 0 hp because of the chance it would not work, or that it would waste a save on someone that could've used it.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:19 am

Post by Quagmire »

Rosebud wrote:My threat to put on the final vote doesn't mean too much since it's after the deadline, I guess.
Actually, the deadline is in.....less than 6 hours.

Vote count:

3 - Hambone [Reines, Mr. X, Gon]

Not voting: 3 [Misha, Rosebud, Hambone]

4 to lynch.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:12 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Well, the deadline comes, and the town decides to string up Hambone.

"What? Last names are never revealed!" the town says. He loses 500 HP, and is now at 124HP.

Alas, he is not dead, and it is night 4. Choices due by Tuesday at 9PM Central time!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:38 pm

Post by Quagmire »

The town awakes.

Much to their avail, they find
Gon
wounded in her bed. She was
Celes.

You are Celes. On the town's side, you may use your "Rune" ability to redirect any targets any person would make. Please, do them in this form: "Redirect all targets that would target (Person X) and instead direct them to (Person Y)". You need not use this ability every night. Win condition: All non-goody-goodys dead. You begin with 200 gil.

PM me to confirm and with any questions.

Much to the town's suprise, SatiricialBoB has been rejuvinated! He has 100 HP, 0 gil, and is critical condition.

It is now day four! Gon dead, SatricialBoB alive! POst and vote; with 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch.
SatiricalBob
SatiricalBob
Townie
SatiricalBob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:09 am

Post by SatiricalBob »

The first post wrote:11] SatiricalBoB - 100 HP - Setzer - Was struck (lynched) on day one, lived, and was killed on night two. Also brought back to life on Night 4
Well, I've lived an interesting life. thanks to whoever ressurected me. Much appreciated. I will read the thread and see what wild accusations I can come up with.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:21 am

Post by Hambone »

Well, was anyone else under the impression that Celes was going to be our healer?
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 am

Post by Misha »

Yeah, I thought that Celes would be the healer, but maybe Terra or Banon or hmmmm, anyone else come to mind?

Anyhows, so I am not sure what it means that the white puff ball didn't strike last night, probably a missed night choice though which is good because I think the fluff ball might be a serial killer. Imo, there are only three options for killers remaining, which means we should be very careful.

1) 1 mafia 1 sk, dangerous because if we mess up the lynch here, we go into night with 5 people 2 evil and 3 below the level that can be killed. Presuming that SB and the healer each take one of them, that still leaves 4 people on the next day (presuming at least one of them kills SB), which can become a no-lynch situation.
2) 2 mafia, 1 vigilante same reasoning as above, although the vigilante helps to even things out for the town
3) 2 mafia, 1 sk, uhm, ouch, I think we might have already lost, excpet the sk doesn't know the number of the mafia and the mafia doesn't know if the sk is a sk or vigilante, but I don't put too much stock into this one.

Bright side though is that we have a confirmed innocent, so anyone who knows they are innocent (such as any pro-goody-goody person) has a 50%+ chance to randomly choose a guilty party, so between Reines, Rosebud, Mr. X, and Hambone, it probably isn't a surprise to anyone who I think one of the evil ones are.

But before I vote, because I want to be careful for the reasons stated above, does anyone have any reason for me to not vote for hambone? Personally, I think he is either mafia or the fluff ball and if he is mog, then lying about a claim re-enforces the serial killer as opposed to vigilante, although it doesn't make too much sense to lie about the name like that.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Rosebud »

I'm guessing/hoping the puffball was a vigilante and targetted Hambone last night, which didn't work due to his abilities, whether he's a godfather or telling the truth. I'm also tempted to go after Hambone, but I'll wait to see if anything interesting happens.
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:26 pm

Post by Mr. X »

I think that it is time for role claiming, so I'll go first, since I believe my role will make the rest of you think differently.

I am Mog. Each night, I can dance for different purposes. I can:

-have someone gain 10 HP (never used it)
-dealing 100 HP damage to someone of my choice (used night 2 to complete lynching for information purposes, used last night, and didn't work, or forgot to send it, don't remember which)
-doing 20 HP damage to everyone
-transfer all gil from one person to another (can't do it to self)
-dance for the sake of dancing, which does nothing.

So now you can pretty much discard the posibility of being 1 sk, so there's only mafia left. Obioulsy Bob is dying tonight, and there is nothing we can do about it, but well, one mafia kill wasted. Now, I also think that hambone is the most suspicious right now, so I'll
vote: hambone
now. Also, it seems I was right about the redirecting role :)
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:07 pm

Post by Quagmire »

1 - Hambone [Mr. X]

Not voting: 5 [SatricialBob, Misha, Reines, Rosebud, Hambone]

4 to lynch.
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:19 pm

Post by Misha »

That has got to be the single most convoluted and complicated role I have ever seen, my compliments Quagmire.

Of course, I don't know if I believe it :D , but for now I suppose I won't think too much about it as I am almost positive that Hambone is the last mafia member. I do know that I don't like that you effectively killed Bob and that it does not give how much damage you did. This leads my paranoia to think that the 100 HP damage is actually a instant kill, which Mog does have dances that do this. However, I suppose that is for the next day as no one has answered why not to vote for hambone.
vote: hambone
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:36 pm

Post by Misha »

Geez, I suppose I should proof-read my posts before posting.

I tend to change the train of thought a lot and re-write things, so it started as 'if there is only one mafia member left then I am almost positive that Hambone is the last mafia member, then' and turns into 'I am almost positive that Hambone is the last mafia member' on revision when I chose not to include that argument. I was leading into if he is the last mafia member, then there shouldn't be any kills tonight, unless Mog is a serial killer, *sigh* sorry about any confusion. :oops:
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:42 am

Post by Rosebud »

Mr. X- Check your sentbox, it should have your choice pms. (And Quagmire'd probably give it to you if you asked nicely) If Mog is an SK and there were three mafia (So there are two now), we really should get rid of him today. But I doubt an SK'd have the other abilities, so why don't you heal Misha or Bob tonight?
SatiricalBob
SatiricalBob
Townie
SatiricalBob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:16 am

Post by SatiricalBob »

I believe Mr. X is the serial killer. There seem to be a few holes in that role claim. The only night choice he is willing to admit to is killing me. Even that was killing someone with a fairly solid role-claim. The whole thing about not sure if the choice was blocked or forgot to be sent is laughable. It seems like he has a lot to hide.

I think the mog role is perfect for a serial killer. Not only has it the opportunity to night-kill, it has other bonuses as well to even up the disadvantage most SK roles have.

Vote: Mr. X
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:26 am

Post by Mr. X »

Ok, I checked the sent box, and I forgot to send the choice.

Some people (SB) seem to have some doubts about my role, so I'll just say a few things.

First, if I was a sk, why didn't I kill most nights? Why would I kill one night only? Second, why would I claim a role that killed and seems like a perfect sk role if nobody suspected me? I am stupid enough to direct attention to myself being sk? Then, someone asked me to heal SB, well, I can only heal 10HP, and it wouldn't be enough to keep him alive for too long. Finally, I have all this abilities, yes, but I cannot do them on myself, so why think that I am a sk because of all this extra abilities, when I can't get any benefit for me?

I think that hambone is the last mafia, or the second last, but I want to hear a defense. Also, if the healer could heal goon, that would be cool. It's like a cop, since s/he knows when a mafia kill is redirected.
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:50 am

Post by Quagmire »

2 - Hambone [Mr. X, Misha]
1 - Mr. X [SatricialBob]

Not voting: 3 [Reines, Rosebud, Hambone]

4 to lynch.

~marker~
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:29 pm

Post by Misha »

Okay, so let's get a few more things out onto the table.
1) Having only 2 mafia in a mini is unbalanced unless you have something stabilizing it out, like a serial killer.
2) There are only two mafia in this game
3) I know this because Reines and I are the thieves.
4) If you want proof, I can tell you that we stole 175 gil from Rosebud the third night and stole from enforcer on the second night. Reines can tell you how much we got from Hambone if my vouching for his being the second thief is insufficient.
5) Our goal, along with killing all the non goody-goods, was to accumulate 2000 gil. And before you ask, yes I did ask Quagmire what happens when we get it, but he told me that he couldn't say. I had assumed that it would be a phoenix down, especially when you consider Locke's goal in FF6, namely to resurrect Rachel. I thought that that was why real screen-names were not revealed, but it looks like Rosebud might be able to heal the dead (as well?) (I assume this is a one-tiem thing, just because otherwise it completely unbalances the game imo).

In retrospect, it may be just an amusing game-mechanism/way to get people to not purchase potions (which I was slightly trying to do from the outset), sorry enforcer :cry: . Two games now that I am a trouble-maker that can't help the town, sorry.

On the other hand, we are up to 1725 gil, so if anyone has 300-600 gil (we sometimes only get half or none :cry: ) they would like to contribute it would be appreciated.

This is why I had a 'slip-up' of saying last mafia member is because to me it's obvious he is the last one. However, that knowledge is also leading me to conclude that Mr. X is a serial killer, just because it is unbalanced otherwise.
unvote: Hambone, vote: Mr. X
I am almost positive that they are both evil, but since Mr. X has the very faint possibility of taking our gil away, I would like to see him disappear.

As to the argument supposed by Mr. X, sorry but I don't believe it. I think that I can believe all the abilities except the 100 damage to one person one, which I think is an instant kill. I suppose this should go before my vote, but I'm feeling lazy right now.

Claiming now looks better then after Rosebud claims doc and other people claim their roles, goes to credibility, usually at least, in this case it just makes you look more suspicious to me. It is the perfect serial killer role because there are two major flaws with the sk role, first is that you come up guilty to investigations, which is countered by mog's role as neither Gau nor Gogo would find him guilty.

The other problem is that the sk usually has no ability to point to as helpful to the town and ends up having to claim vigilante, which is often exposed. The mog role on the other hand has other abilities to make him a weak doctor and a potential role-destroyer to the thieves (who might have an important role if we reach 2000 gil, I don't know for sure). Also, if the attack is an instant kill, then there is no chance of a doc protect working, which is the another problem for a serial killer. Great role though.
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:18 pm

Post by Mr. X »

This is just riduculus. Why would I not kill each night if I am indeed SK? Why would I kill only night one, just the one person that had 100 HP left? It doesn't make sense. As for your concern for my ability to move gil around, why would I use it if a) it will not help another pro-town role, and it will not help me. If you look at all my abilities, none of them help me. Absolutely none of them. Now, lynch me if you shall, since there is no time to waste, but use logic first, but not the crap logic I'm against right now. I am the only one that claimed to have vigilante-like abilities, and therefore be able to help the town. Finally, you say that i'm the only one that can take gil away from you, but I am also the only one that can help you get the gil faster. If hambone hapens to not be mafia, all i have to do is transfer all gil from one random player that is not you or reines, to you or reines.

Finally, if you wish to steal gil away from me, good luck, I lost all of it last night. 200 to be presice. Think about the way can help the town much more that it can help me, and how it doesn't make sense for me to not kill every night but one, and kill the one person with 100 HP left, plus the fact that I claimed when there was no preasure on me.
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.
Reines
Reines
Townie
Reines
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:03 pm

Post by Reines »

With the cat firmly out of the bag I concur with Misha.

Vote: Mr. X
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:58 pm

Post by Quagmire »

1 - Hambone [Mr. X]
3 - Mr. X [SatricialBob, Misha, Reines]

Not voting: 2 [Rosebud, Hambone]

4 to lynch.

~marker~
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:51 am

Post by Rosebud »

Yes, I did lose 175 gil, and I am responsible for the Cure 1s and Bob's revival. I targetted Gon Night 3 instead of Hambone, of course. There's a slim chance Reines and Misha are a second (non-killing?) mafia, but I'll probably vote for Mr. X when everyone's had a chance to respond to this. There's more I find hard to believe about Mr. X being evil (Mostly just the two person mason group with another power, and their adamance about lynching Gon instead of Hambone) then R & M (Having a non-killing mafia, why Mr. X would use a dance-and-do-nothing ability except to prove his role after claiming, his attitude in his posts today, why he wouldn't use his other powers, etc.)
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:55 am

Post by Hambone »

Rosebud wrote:There's a slim chance Reines and Misha are a second (non-killing?) mafia
I'd like to see some role names guys, I think this could be right.
-Steal 2000 Gil and you win the game
And Mr. X, what were all of your night choices so far?

FOS Mr. X
cause his role is insane.

I'll vote, but i dont wanna end the day so quick, we still have alot to talk about
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:18 am

Post by Misha »

*shrug* I honestly have no clue what happens when we reach 2000 gil, I wish I could quote the mod's response to my question, but since that is a major no-no, oh well. Mainly I just want to see it happen because of curiousity and because we have worked fairly hard at it by trying to figure out who would have gil. For example, I thought that Rosebud had 500+ gil based on his/her post earlier, but apparently not since we only got 175. Of course, for all I know chocobos could rain from the sky if it happens, . . . but I think that might be unlikely :wink: I just want to actually see whatever happens happen.

This is also why I was looking at Mr. X a bit more then Hambone, even though I am fairly sure they are both evil (due to game balance). The idea of losing the result of all the night choices and discussions in one action was a bit disconcerting to me to say the least. Given Mr. X's response about that issue and to lengthen the day at least slightly (given that two people have made it known that they may vote for him), I'll
unvote: Mr. X
, oh and one thing that would work in your favor for a claim of not being a serial killer is last night. If you were a canny serial killer, you would have killed someone last night because any sk would be under the assumption that there would be 4 left if they killed (SB's resurrection is something that hadn't occured before after all), 2 town, 1 maf, 1 sk, so a no-win situation for the town. Unfortunately you missed your night choice (based on your word and no Mog-sightings), but that would have gone a fair length to alleviating some of my suspicions if we had seen evidence of a choice without a kill.

As for my name, Locke as I hinted at earlier (hence the thought that it might be a phoenix down reward *shrug*), I'll leave Reines to give his name should he desire.
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:09 am

Post by Mr. X »

I already posted my night actions. SB on night 2, then nothing the other nights.
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”