Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 303, SirCakez wrote:I was thinking about 6v3v1 actually.
5v3v2 is unlikely.
Hey Cakez, why did you think there was a 3 person scumteam?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

Because the way the wagon moved from Kill to me so quickly looked coordinated, but that's obviously out the window now.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:10 am

Post by zakk »

VOTE COUNT 5.2

Fate [1] [L-2]
– ɀefiend

Not voting:
Fate, RadiantCowbells, SirCakez
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by zakk »

you guys i'm gonna be kinda v/la this weekend

but i promise i'll post stuff if stuff happens.

p.s. pls try not to let this stretch on forever, because ffs.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Fate »

meh I can't think of a reason why zefiend would no kill just to frame KTS, and then not even follow through but go through some weird loops.

Stop fucking with my story Cakez. Zefiend is 3rd party crazy bullshit that wins when he steals everyones soul thats alive

I mean he basically claimed as much yesterday with that "oh I don't want the game to end today" bullshit
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

RC you heard the mod, hurry up and vote Fate.

We can't lynch them in the opposite order (SC first) because then there won't be any valid bright light target toNight if the game continues. I
strongly suspect
that each player can only be bright lighted once per game.

SC you can go ahead and vote Fate too. Don't be a dick and drag this game on if you're scum. The game was already solved for Town win yesterDay.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Ehhh I think Fate being scum is more likely then zefiend. I don't see mafia having a "bright light" power and the last scum is mafia from the chilled flip.
VOTE: Fate

RC has the hammer
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by zakk »

VOTE COUNT 5.3

Fate [2] [L-1]
– ɀefiend, SirCakez

Not voting:
Fate, RadiantCowbells
permanently retired

see here for more info
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:18 pm

whatevs dumb game either way.

VOTE: Fate
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by zakk »

END OF DAY FIVE

Fate [3] [LYNCH]
– ɀefiend, SirCakez, RadiantCowbells

A lynch has been reached.

After a few days of heated discussion, people began to see the reason of ɀefiend's repeated claims that he was not in town to harm anyone. And they realized that ɀefiend was not the one deceiving them. In a cruel twist of Fate, it was Fate itself which deceived them. And so they gave the finger to destiny, and pulled the metaphorical trigger which freed them from the bonds of deception, and opened the bright, shining door of being able to choose their own end.

Fate has been lynched. He was Gio Salvatori, a
Mafia Goon

Wait wait wait wait wait a second... all that talk about fate and destiny and it turns out he was just a lousy mafia goon?

Uh, actually, never mind, that's fine. The townies all agreed that they wanted to get rid of those, too.

Finally, the last enemy had been defeated.

Or so the town thought.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by zakk »

Suddenly, ɀefiend's skin began to crawl, turning a sickly shade of gray. His head changed shape, and his eyes turned a deep, dark, abyssal black, and his voice became low and sepulchral, and he laughed a horrible laugh of ... mocking terror.

Indeed, ɀefiend was not of this world.

ɀefiend was an..... alien.

A muthafuckin
alien

A win condition has been reached!

ɀefiend,
Agent Z, Alien Modified Jailkeeper Survivor
has probed enough earthlings and collected enough intelligence to satisfy his superiors, as well as surviving to return to his home planet!
Last edited by zakk on Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by zakk »

ɀefiend looked around, and slowly realized that his laughter was not contagious. Oh well, some things were lost in translation.

Realizing that nobody else shared his exuberance at achieving his mission goals, he wasted no time in packing up the intelligence he'd collected, and climbing into his ship, and rocketing into the atmosphere, bound home, never to be seen again.

And with that...

Another win condition has been reached!

RadiantCowbells,
Ardui-Kloaa, Town Soothsayer
, survives and wins!
SirCakez,
Melanie Castro, Vanilla Townie
, survives and wins!
Killthestory,
Jay Washington, Vanilla Townie
, wins posthumously!
yessiree bob,
Alice Steinbeck, Vanilla Townie
, wins posthumously!
Untrod Tripod,
Sebastian Montes, Town Constable
, wins posthumously!

The game has ended in a joint win between
Town
and the
Alien
role!

Congrats to the winners!
Last edited by zakk on Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
permanently retired

see here for more info
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:01 pm

wtb mod topic to understand the lack of kills and the alien role's actual wincon.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

Holy shit I actually fucking won.... That was an awesome and fun game for me. Thanks a lot zakk!!!

The hardest part was the fucking post restriction... I couldn't claim anything except VT. That included describing what powers I had, that I visited anyone, that I was 1-shot BP, my win condition, and a whole mess of other crap.

I could have back stabbed town so many times but it was just too easy to win with them, and they also deserved to win given the start of the game.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 813, ɀefiend wrote:Holy shit I actually fucking won.... That was an awesome and fun game for me. Thanks a lot zakk!!!

The hardest part was the fucking post restriction... I couldn't claim anything except VT. That included describing what powers I had, that I visited anyone, that I was 1-shot BP, my win condition, and a whole mess of other crap.

I could have back stabbed town so many times but it was just too easy to win with them, and they also deserved to win given the start of the game.
Hahaha, I'm sorry for making you (or anyone, really) play that role, but I'm glad you had fun with it. I really hoped you would!
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by zakk »

Check it, yo.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7934688#p7934688]post 292[/url] of the [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64922]Scummies 2016 Nomination Thread[/url], zakk wrote:
Nominate ɀefiend for Best Third Party
, for his play as an
Alien Survivor role in Mafia Z
, where he survived being lynched or killed throughout all five days, assisted town in defeating two different scum factions, and probed the required minimum of 4 other players before the game ended! He did all of this while abiding by a post restriction which forbade him from claiming anything other than Vanilla Townie, under strict penalties which would result in his lynch threshold being lowered by up to two votes, depending on the circumstances revolving around the infraction. Truly a game well played, and definitely worth nominating for others to see. Really hope he wins this.
(I also submitted that via the form, so no worries)
permanently retired

see here for more info
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I can't believe how early I caught Killthestory. Instantly pinged me
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by zakk »

Mod Stuff

(Scum teams, please let me know if you're cool releasing your private topics.)

Role PMs

• Mafia Role PMs

Spoiler: Fate (Gio Salvatori, Mafia Goon)
    You are
    Gio Salvatori
    , you are in the mafia, and you are in this town to own it. You have a shared factional nightkill with your fellow mafioso, chilledtea, which one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might go crazy from having to pretend to coexist peacefully with all the dumb vanilla townies in this all-too-vanilla town. Your kill flavor is "Shot." You may speak with your partner at any time in the day or night phase in your shared private topic here, which, again, one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might accidentally shoot each other. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. Anyway, moving on... Your only safe claim is the mod-provided vanilla townie role found in the game's opening post. You will show up to any hypothetical appropriate unblocked investigative actions targeting you as "Mafia," so it is in your best interest to avoid suspicion entirely. You win when your faction controls a simple majority of votes at the start of a day phase, or nothing can stop the same. Remember, this town deserves to go to hell in a handbasket. And it's your job to make sure they all get there. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: chilledtea (Vincent Ferrari, Mafia Goon)
    You are
    Vincent Ferrari
    , you are in the mafia, and you are in this town to own it. You have a shared factional nightkill with your fellow mafioso, Fate, which one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might go crazy from having to pretend to coexist peacefully with all the dumb vanilla townies in this all-too-vanilla town. Your kill flavor is "Shot." You may speak with your partner at any time in the day or night phase in your shared private topic here, which, again, one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might accidentally shoot each other. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. Anyway, moving on... Your only safe claim is the mod-provided vanilla townie role found in the game's opening post. You will show up to any hypothetical appropriate unblocked investigative actions targeting you as "Mafia," so it is in your best interest to avoid suspicion entirely. You win when your faction controls a simple majority of votes at the start of a day phase, or nothing can stop the same. Remember, this town deserves to go to hell in a handbasket. And it's your job to make sure they all get there. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.

• Werewolf Role PMs

Spoiler: Dystopian Vision (Romulus Skrimgur, Werewolf)
    You are
    Romulus Skrimgur
    , you are a werewolf, and you are bloodthirsty and vengeful. You have a shared factional nightkill with your bestial brother, itlepip, which one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might go even crazier than you already are, from having to pretend to coexist peacefully with all the dumb vanilla townies in this all-too-vanilla town. Your kill flavor is "Mauled." You may speak with your partner at any time in the day or night phase in your shared private topic here, which, again, one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might accidentally maul each other. Not that that would ever happen. But who knows. Anyway, moving on... Your only safe claim is the mod-provided vanilla townie role found in the game's opening post. You will show up to any hypothetical appropriate unblocked investigative actions targeting you as "Werewolf," so it is in your best interest to avoid suspicion entirely. You win when your faction controls a simple majority of votes at the start of a day phase, or nothing can stop the same. Remember, this town deserves to be eaten alive. And you're going to do your best to make sure that very thing happens in a timely fashion. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: itlepip (Remus Skrimgur, Werewolf)
    You are
    Remus Skrimgur
    , you are a werewolf, and you are bloodthirsty and vengeful. You have a shared factional nightkill with your bestial brother, Dystopian Vision (hydra of Titus and Flubbernugget), which one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might go even crazier than you already are, from having to pretend to coexist peacefully with all the dumb vanilla townies in this all-too-vanilla town. Your kill flavor is "Mauled." You may speak with your partner at any time in the day or night phase in your shared private topic here, which, again, one might successfully argue is a good thing, because otherwise, you might accidentally maul each other. Not that that would ever happen. But who knows. Anyway, moving on... Your only safe claim is the mod-provided vanilla townie role found in the game's opening post. You will show up to any hypothetical appropriate unblocked investigative actions targeting you as "Werewolf," so it is in your best interest to avoid suspicion entirely. You win when your faction controls a simple majority of votes at the start of a day phase, or nothing can stop the same. Remember, this town deserves to be eaten alive. And you're going to do your best to make sure that very thing happens in a timely fashion. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.

• Town Role PMs

Spoiler: Untrod Tripod (Sebastian Montes, Town Constable)
    You are
    Sebastian Montes
    , and you are the town constable. You can perform an investigation on one person per night to find out if they are in the mafia. Your investigation results are guaranteed to be sane, and will result in "Mafia", "Not Mafia", or "No result." You have no further abilities besides your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town's survival are eliminated. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: RadiantCowbells (Ardui-Kloaa, Town Soothsayer)
    You are
    Ardui-Kloaa
    , and you are a mysterious soothsayer. You can hallucinate a mystic vision of one person per night and find out if they are a werewolf. Your visions' results are guaranteed to be accurate, and will result in "Werewolf", "Not a Werewolf", or "No result." You have no further abilities besides your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town's survival are eliminated. Let me know if you have any questions. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: SirCakez (Melanie Castro, Vanilla Townie)
    You are
    Melanie Castro
    , a vanilla townie, with a voice and a vote... just like "everyone else" in the game. ;) You win when all threats to the town's survival are eliminated and at least one townie is still alive. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: Killthestory (Jay Washington, Vanilla Townie)
    You are
    Jay Washington
    , a vanilla townie, with a voice and a vote... just like "everyone else" in the game. ;) You win when all threats to the town's survival are eliminated and at least one townie is still alive. Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.
    Spoiler: yessiree bob (Alice Steinbeck, Vanilla Townie)
    You are
    Alice Steinbeck

• Alien Role PM

Spoiler: ɀefiend (Agent Z, Alien Modified Jailkeeper Survivor)
    Congratulations.
    You won the jackpot. So pay attention, because this could be the role of a lifetime, and you could potentially have a really fun game which you'll remember for a long time, if you play things right. (You're welcome. Even though it was randomized, haha.)

You are an alien.
    You have chosen, or been chosen, to travel to Earth as a covert representative of the government of your home planet. You are a homosapien research scientist. That means you get to abduct and probe people. You can choose one player per night to abduct and probe. Any player you abduct cannot be affected by any other actions, and will not be able to perform any of their own. And before you ask, no, you may not abduct and probe yourself (lol, sicko).

Your mission, whether or not you choose to accept it, is to successfully abduct and probe the hapless individuals of the city in which you landed, repeatedly, until you "learn enough" to satisfy your superiors. They probably didn't really expect you to succeed, since you're a rookie at this, so they've given you the advantage of a personal shield generator, which will halt the first attempt on your life (whether lynch or nightkill). They've also installed a super high-tech mechanism into your spaceship (designed more with peaceful destination planets in mind, which this may very well not be...). This mechanism, after two successful probings, will *optionally* allow the representative (that's you) to permanently sacrifice your personal shield generator (if unused) to be absorbed into your spaceship's glowy power supply (oooOOOOooo), granting the ability to probe people during the daytime as well. So maybe use that to target people who you consider dangerous to your personal health and win condition. This daytime abduction ability should readily help satisfy your superiors' probe quotas (more on that later), but it will come at a cost to your own safety.

And speaking of safety, you do not have a safe claim. Also, you don't know what you will show up as to any hypothetical appropriate unblocked investigative actions targeting you, so you should probably mostly lay low. I mean... or not. It's your choice. But I warned you. And I'm about to warn you again, so listen up:

If, at any point, you claim anything other than the mod-provided vanilla townie role found in the game's opening post, you will be forced to forfeit your shield generator to the civilian authorities (you will lose all use of it), and additionally, the lynch threshold on you will decrease by one vote (i.e. L-2 would be L-1, L-1 would be L-0). If your shield has already been absorbed into your spaceship, then your lynch threshold will decrease by two votes (which, in a game this small, is pretty much a death sentence).

Needless to say, any of that happening would be preeeeetty bad for you, because for you to win, you need to probe at least four (4) players, AND survive to the point when another faction reaches their win condition... at which point you will hopefully climb into your little spaceship and fly your lil' ass home, laden with a bunch of manila file folders containing documents describing people's deepest hopes, dreams, and fears. Otherwise, you'll end up as just another experiment in a lab in Area 51, and a bunch of tin foil hat-wearing neckbeards will discuss you on the internet like a science fiction movie special feature.

Let me know if you have any questions. I've no doubt there will be some, and that's okay.

Confirm by PM. The game thread is here.

Night 1 Actions

• Fate
    (Mafia Goon) nightkills
    itlepip
    (Werewolf)
    SUCCESSFUL

• ɀefiend
    (Alien) probes (jails)
    Untrod Tripod
    (Town Cop)
    SUCCESSFUL

• Untrod Tripod
    (Town Cop) targets
    Fate
    (Mafia Goon)
    BLOCKED

• RadiantCowbells
    (Town Seer) targets
    Fate
    (Mafia Goon)
    SUCCESSFUL, RECEIVES "NOT A WEREWOLF"

• Werewolves
    purposefully choose to nightkill no one
    SUCCESSFUL
Night 2 Actions

• Fate
    (Mafia Goon) nightkills
    Untrod Tripod
    (Town Cop)
    SUCCESSFUL

• Untrod Tripod
    (Town Cop) targets
    SirCakez
    (Vanilla Townie)
    KILLED BEFORE RECEIVING RESULT

• ɀefiend
    (Alien) probes (jails)
    RadiantCowbells
    (Town Seer)
    SUCCESSFUL

• RadiantCowbells
    (Town Seer) targets
    yessiree bob
    (Vanilla Townie)
    BLOCKED
Night 3 Actions

• Fate
    (Mafia Goon) nightkills
    ɀefiend
    (Werewolf)
    FAILS; USES UP ZEFIEND'S 1-SHOT DEATHPROOF

• ɀefiend
    (Alien) probes (jails)
    Killthestory
    (Vanilla Townie)
    SUCCESSFUL

• RadiantCowbells
    (Town Seer) targets no one. No one at all.
Night 4 Actions

• ɀefiend
    (Alien) probes (jails)
    Fate
    (Mafia Goon)
    SUCCESSFUL

• Fate
    (Mafia Goon) nightkills
    ɀefiend
    (Werewolf)
    BLOCKED

• RadiantCowbells
    (Town Seer) targets
    ɀefiend
    (Alien)
    SUCCESSFUL, RECEIVES "NOT A WEREWOLF"
My favorite quote of the game

In post 20, Untrod Tripod wrote:MOTHERFUCKER ARE YOU SERIOUSLY RUNNING A 10P MULTIBALL SETUP
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by zakk »

Thank you all for playing. Your questions, comments, and critiques are more than welcome.

<3
permanently retired

see here for more info
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

oh man

sorry for undermining your all caps battle yessiree

questions:

- was zefiend aware that he made people see a bright light?
- why did you put game-related information in UT's death scene?
- this one is to UT: why did you take the fact that you saw a bright light to the grave?
Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 488, yessiree bob wrote:
zakk, can we get a full description of UT's role?
how about you go with WHAT I FUCKING CLAIMED SCUMBAG
this was just to test if hypo'ing would have worked in any case
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by yessiree »

bob we should've just stuck to a QT instead of the site chat man
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by yessiree »

zefiend care to elaborate on this post?
Spoiler: post
In post 704, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 702, Fate wrote:
In post 649, ɀefiend wrote:VOTE: Unvote

We are not lynching KTS. We are lynching one of Fate or SC today, and the other tomorrow.

I now know with 100% certainty that I was the attempted night kill. The mafia must have thought that I interfere with their win condition. Bad for me cuz I got shot, but good for the town as a whole if you choose to believe me.

It actually is an auto-win for town as long as you don't waste a misslynch on me. KTS is clear, and RC is clear.

And stop asking me to fucking claim. If any of you could read between the lines you'd realize why I haven't claimed. I've been crumbling everywhere though, as early as D2.
THEN THIS HAPPENS??

What happened between those two posts which changed?

What happened during the DAY that changed Zefiend from "I jailkept killing scum last night" to "I 100% know I was the kill"

Nothing, there's no role that gets delayed information like that that I've ever heard of.

So if nothing changed then Zefiend went from KTS being scum to KTS being clear because he was NKd while KTS was jailkept???
Maybe something DID happen during the day.
In post 606, ɀefiend wrote:Image

F

A

T

E
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum