Mini 1808 - Yuri: the Purest Form of Love (End)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2025, pieguyn wrote:"whoever votes the other pair first wins", which while it's a valid strategy if you have the chance to do it, I feel it kinda takes away from the spirit of the game. I actually talked about this some with various people, and if I was to run a setup like this again, I would likely make the lynch threshold N/2 and not floor(N/2) + 1. it might make it somewhat more scum sided, but it seems like the most elegant way to do it that doesn't create any weird situations. of course I'm open to discussion on this.
Ummmm...........this creates the same problem that you just said you wanted to avoid.....first pair that votes other pair wins......
Pie?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2034, Nahdia wrote:thanks for modding btw pie. it was a lot of fun and you did well rolling with the punches as they came imo. im not really sure there is a good solution to the whole plurality thing; in this situation the game got kinda cheesed because of it but gaming the voting mechanics is gonna happen in any game.
The good solution is just have no deadlines existing.
Let the game go at its own pace. It will go on a long time in the beginning, but the game starts speeding up as lynches happen. Like it did here.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2042, Nahdia wrote:also fire I'm kind of put off by the "Nahdia scum coasted liek she has done recnelty in games." I've never coasted as scum before, this is literally my first time. My other scumgames are Newbie 1686, Open 629, and Bloodborne Mafia. i was a huge player in all three of those. so like, what the hell dude?
My memory of blood borne is faded, but when I was in the game. I didn't remember you that much as a huge player and you were kind of in the middle of everything and took no huge sides, which I guess allowed yuo to gain access to all the info and float it to your team. You were trying in the aspect of giving your team info, and somehow got put in center of information. But your day performance was jsut "there" which is what I felt you did here.

I guess "coasting" isn't quite right regards to bloodborne, I have no clue I replaced out pretty early but that was my impression of your play.
In post 2043, Nahdia wrote:i don't think im that good a player and here i definitely did poorly here but i do have some amount of pride in my scumgame so i'm legit kinda insulted you would say that. no fucking clue what gave you that impression.
I am not going to have a big debate about this, but you said in this game "My scum game is much better than this" and this was your scum game. So.......whats your point? You also said that exact thing in Bloodborne I recall.
Show

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2051, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2034, Nahdia wrote:thanks for modding btw pie. it was a lot of fun and you did well rolling with the punches as they came imo. im not really sure there is a good solution to the whole plurality thing; in this situation the game got kinda cheesed because of it but gaming the voting mechanics is gonna happen in any game.
The good solution is just have no deadlines existing.
Let the game go at its own pace. It will go on a long time in the beginning, but the game starts speeding up as lynches happen. Like it did here.
Yeah I think this is the best way to go about it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Anyways, I do think you deserved this win, because town did utterly terrible in sorting the town reads. Beeboy was one of the worst imo.
Thanks for hosting pie.
Show

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

fine, we don't gotta argue, but i didn't coast at all in bloodborne. i was constantly the largest presence in the game along with Reasonably Irrational. this was just a bad game for me. but i did participate for the record, especially early and late in the game. the middle i was just kind of lost and playing really really bad because im averse to bussing and just super awkward around it. you can see that in Bloodborne as well; the one time my partner was getting lynched i was flailing and i spent the entire next day recovering from that.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

and saying "my scumgame is better than this" i agree cheapens myself to say it as scum but i mean, in general it is >_> this game just really put me in all sorts of situations i'm uncomfortable in. learning experience to be sure.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nadhia IMHO your game was terrific. Gotta go as about to drive carpool back but just wanted to give kudos.
Aihara Mei
Aihara Mei
Townie
Aihara Mei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Aihara Mei »

In post 2048, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1873, Aihara Mei wrote:Long story short, one of you guys is horrible at reading the other. It will be fun to see in post-game who it is that's jeopardizing this town win.
I know this was pointed out in the dead thread but I wanted to bring it up again :P
Unfortunately there was no chance of me voting Nahdia after inspectorscout's D5 posts.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Wisdom »

scout was consistently the towniest person in the game but ok
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 2054, Firebringer wrote:Anyways, I do think you deserved this win, because town did utterly terrible in sorting the town reads. Beeboy was one of the worst imo.
Thanks for hosting pie.
Is one of the reasons you opt to join games with me just to insult my play?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 am

Post by The MM »

OMFG Nahdia.

G freakin G. Thanks for carrying a scumteam with a complete newb that collapsed in 1 day in the game (that's me).
Waiting for the day I can come back and mod games.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2060, beeboy wrote:
In post 2054, Firebringer wrote:Anyways, I do think you deserved this win, because town did utterly terrible in sorting the town reads. Beeboy was one of the worst imo.
Thanks for hosting pie.
Is one of the reasons you opt to join games with me just to insult my play?
I believe i was in sign ups before you?
I don't join games to insult a player, and I don't go out of my to antagonize you, you make the games less fun for me in the way you approach them makes it seem like you really aren't playing.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 419, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 417, pieguyn wrote:let's do it. ~
You had me on "let's"

/in Yuri
I am more of a yaoi person myself, but this will work too.
In post 434, beeboy wrote:/Yuri Nahdia let's do this
Show

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:18 am

Post by thenewearth »

Savage
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2064, thenewearth wrote:Savage
I am a dragon.
Show

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:39 am

Post by thenewearth »

@Firebringer

@JaeReed

VOTE: https://scontent.fmnl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=582BB679

Its cool fams you'z gonna be lovers 4 lyf
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:40 am

Post by thenewearth »

I... am dumb

Now to shoot myself
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2057, MathBlade wrote:Nadhia IMHO your game was terrific. Gotta go as about to drive carpool back but just wanted to give kudos.
thanks, i appreciate some positivity [=
The MM wrote:OMFG Nahdia.

G freakin G. Thanks for carrying a scumteam with a complete newb that collapsed in 1 day in the game (that's me).
carrying scumteams is nothing new for me :cool: though this one was kind of a struggle

-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:38 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 2062, Firebringer wrote:I believe i was in sign ups before you?
I don't join games to insult a player, and I don't go out of my to antagonize you, you make the games less fun for me in the way you approach them makes it seem like you really aren't playing.
I would argue in you are going out of your way to call me out. It is just a trend that has started to irk me a bit but if you need to vent out your frustration about me I understand why you have problems with how I play.

I signed up on my alt Touka but obviously you wouldn't have known that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2069, beeboy wrote:I would argue in 2954 you are going out of your way to call me out.
You know we can mutually not play with each other if you want.
You avoid signing for games I sign for and I do the same for you.

Like, I have no problem with you as a person, only as a player.
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2050, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2025, pieguyn wrote:"whoever votes the other pair first wins", which while it's a valid strategy if you have the chance to do it, I feel it kinda takes away from the spirit of the game. I actually talked about this some with various people, and if I was to run a setup like this again, I would likely make the lynch threshold N/2 and not floor(N/2) + 1. it might make it somewhat more scum sided, but it seems like the most elegant way to do it that doesn't create any weird situations. of course I'm open to discussion on this.
Ummmm...........this creates the same problem that you just said you wanted to avoid.....first pair that votes other pair wins......
Pie?
... no, it doesn't...

the issue with the setup in its current incarnation is that with a deadline (as in this game), you can have a stalemate where both pairs vote each other and unless one pair changes their mind, it becomes a matter of who voted who first becoming the deciding factor in who wins
the issue with the setup in its current incarnation but without a deadline is that there's literally no incentive for either pair to vote the other if they have strong feelings their own pair is town
yeah, it can be resolved if players decide to manually resolve it (as happened in this game), but that won't necessarily
always
happen...

reducing the lynch threshold to half the living players circumvents the issue altogether. one pair can lynch another pair by themselves, or one from each pair can lynch a pair, and you don't get stalemates unless no one is voting at all. it also introduces an interesting dynamic with regards to what x voting y in a lylo situation actually means (if no one hammers)

the issue, of course, is that this also means scum have a much easier time getting a mislynch in lylo (though actually, i think the odds of winning are the same), but realistically, in any other game if town is voting town in lylo, they
should
be losing the game
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2071, zMuffinMan wrote:the issue with the setup in its current incarnation is that with a deadline (as in this game), you can have a stalemate where both pairs vote each other and unless one pair changes their mind, it becomes a matter of who voted who first becoming the deciding factor in who wins
the issue with the setup in its current incarnation but without a deadline is that there's literally no incentive for either pair to vote the other if they have strong feelings their own pair is town
yeah, it can be resolved if players decide to manually resolve it (as happened in this game), but that won't necessarily always happen...

reducing the lynch threshold to half the living players circumvents the issue altogether. one pair can lynch another pair by themselves, or one from each pair can lynch a pair, and you don't get stalemates unless no one is voting at all. it also introduces an interesting dynamic with regards to what x voting y in a lylo situation actually means (if no one hammers)

the issue, of course, is that this also means scum have a much easier time getting a mislynch in lylo (though actually, i think the odds of winning are the same), but realistically, in any other game if town is voting town in lylo, they should be losing the game
How do you not notice you are repeating the prblem with the solution?
you saying the problem is that first pair votes the other pair wins.
then your proposed solution ensures that happens FASTER.
As in first pair votes other pair game auto ends. That doesn't solve issue of "Pair votes other pair and then we have to wait for deadline".

Players have to lynch someone, or they risk abandoning the game. I have yet to see a single game where players abandon the game simply because they couldn't agree to things. Yes, players can be locked in a LONG stalemate, but someone will compromise. Its happened in every game without deadlines I have seen, ever.

I think your solution favors scum too much.
Show

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Ircher »

Town should win in a stalemate 4p LyLo BECAUSE : If both pairs are cross-voting the other pair, then that means scum can and should hammer UNLESS such would cause them to lose.

Aihara payed zero attn to the above and cost town the game; town should've won this game.

That said, my sincere apologies for what was done D1. It was done with no intentions to try to break the game, but it obviously did affect the game, and therefore, I apologize for giving the mod a hard situation to handle.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2073, Ircher wrote:Town should win in a stalemate 4p LyLo BECAUSE : If both pairs are cross-voting the other pair, then that means scum can and should hammer UNLESS such would cause them to lose.

Aihara payed zero attn to the above and cost town the game; town should've won this game.
um, what? scum is obviously never going to hammer their own pair. i seriously don't understand what you mean here.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”