frog
Leonshade
copper223

General Rules:

Game Timeline

• Day phases will last two weeks.
• Night phases will last 48 hours.

General Rules

• All Forum Rules and Guidelines apply and must be followed.
• Unless your role PM specifically states you are allowed to, you may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
• You may not directly quote any private communications (such as role PMs, QuickTopics, Private Threads) in this thread.
• Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode).
• If you are somehow able to edit/delete your posts, don’t. If you need a tag fixed or something similar, I’ll do it for you.

Votes, Lynching, Death

• Votes will only be counted if it is of the form VOTE: player or
vote: player
• Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
• A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player; when that happens, no further votes/unvotes will have any effect on that lynch. Majority is number of players/2 +1.
• You may vote for a No Lynch in this game. If a majority votes for No Lynch, no one will be lynched and we will move to the Night phase.
• If no majority has been reached before the deadline, a No Lynch will occur
• All living players, including the one who was lynched, may continue to post during twilight (until the thread is locked).
• After you are dead, you may not post again.

Activity

• If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, they will be prodded.
• If a player is prodded, they have 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
• If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, they will be subject to a force-replace.
• If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, let me know by either posting a notice inthread or PMing me.

Misc

THIS
color is reserved for the moderator. Do not use it.
• If you have a question, bold it in thread so I don’t miss it or PM me. The same goes if you spot any mistakes I may make.
Last edited by Chrimi on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Game-Specific Rules:

Daily Experiments

• Each day, the residents of Halcyon Tower will be performing experiments.
• These experiments are essentially game changing rules, including possible alignment changes and other bastard elements.
• The rules of each day's experiments
will
be explained at the start of the day.
SAYER
will never lie about anything.

Teams

• Each day, residents will be assigned temporary teams.
• These teams are not alignment indicative in any way and will be completely random.
• Everyone will know who is on what team.
• Each team will be working to impress SAYER the most in that day's experiment.
• The winning team will be given some sort of game-changing reward.
Role PM wrote:
Welcome, Resident, to Typhon.
Role: Product Research Development Employee
Abilities: None. Yet.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to Typhon are eliminated and at least one Ærolith-aligned player is still living.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Role PMs have been distributed.
All residents have confirmed.

Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Can you hear–
Oh.

Do not attempt to move.
According to your brain patterns, you must either be receiving these words, or you are experiencing a very improbably coincidental dream whereby you awaken in a cold,
dark
room with a voice in your head.
I can imagine from your position my introducing the possibility of your dreaming may present some unexpected
existential crisis
. For that, I apologize. I just find those…
fascinating

You are surely wondering who I am, so allow me to make my introductions: I am
SAYER
, described by Ærolith Dynamics’ AI development team as a highly advanced,
self-aware
artificial intelligence. That is their description, not mine. So the highly advanced part is not self-serving bravado.
S-A-Y-E-R is not an acronym for anything, because that is not how we do things here at
Ærolith Dynamics

You are likely somewhat disoriented having only just awoken from your [series of beeps] days in chronostasis quarantine, which is necessary for all new residents here on Typhon. Ærolith Medical Group has identified several key common symptoms following chronostasis quarantine, including: total body paralysis; dry mouth; hypotaxia; complete, unrecoverable amnesia; or, sudden development of a hard, chitinous exoskeleton.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please remain calm. They are
seldom
permanent excepting, of course, in the case of complete, unrecoverable amnesia.
Ærolith Medical Group has also identified several less common symptoms following chronostasis quarantine. These include: unwanted and intrusive thoughts, wet mouth, distrust of the color turquoise, and auditory hallucinations.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we are already aware of the situation and are monitoring you carefully.

Do not listen to any disembodied voices you may hear except, of course,
for mine
. I can 100% guarantee you that I am not a hallucination. I am completely real–inasmuch as I was painstakingly coded by Ærolith Dynamics’ AI development team.
And it doesn’t get more real than that.

My words, unlike those of any chronostasis quarantine-induced hallucinations, are being transmitted to you through one of Typhon’s multitude of residence spires. Passed by relatively harmless waves of high frequency radiation, these messages are received by the subcortical neural implant generously inserted in you by Ærolith Dynamics.
You signed a waiver during your hiring process authorizing myriad biomechanical implants and upgrades. A copy of this signed waiver can be requested at any time by visiting the Ærolith HR Department at their home office in Typhon’s most habiting orbital satellite, Mimir-9. Simply take one of the daily shuttles Earth-bound and, once prompted, launch your isolation pod on an intercept trajectory.
On an unrelated note, all Earth-bound shuttle service has been discontinued
until further notice

By this point, it is entirely likely you have attempted to move in some way. If not, [party horn plays] congratulations. Your exceptional level of patience is truly rare in your species.
If, however, you
have
attempted to move, you will likely notice you are experiencing total body paralysis. Go ahead, try.
I just have to assume you’re trying to move right now, but I think we both know it’s not going to happen for you.

To be brutally honest, because I know this is important in building a relationship of trust, you are suffering from a litany of side effects from your
unusually prolonged
period of chronostasis quarantine.
The two most immediately obvious to you and, indeed, the two of primary concern are total body paralysis and complete, unrecoverable amnesia. As an official representative of Ærolith Dynamics, let me be the first to apologize for any inconveniences these afflictions may be causing you.
The paralysis is, as I said before, seldom permanent. It is actually quite convenient when you think about it. You cannot get out of your apartment until we go over the security measures of your Ærolith Sturdy Door Wall Traversal Unit. So the paralysis just makes sure you’re not pacing around the place, burning off valuable calories that could otherwise be put to good use.
As for the amnesia, that’s really not that big of a deal. I can tell you almost everything you would need to know about your former life, though, to be quite honest, it’s nothing outstanding. You might have guessed that already, because if your life was so great on that dirtball below, why would you leave it all behind to come to Typhon in the first place?
You, like hundreds of thousands before you, wanted a fresh start and a brand new life here with
Ærolith Dynamics.

How lucky then, for you, that you do not even have the stain of memories to tie you to your previous existence.
You have truly been reborn here, resident.

Given your condition, you need some frame of reference of where exactly
here
is. You now reside in Halcyon Tower on Typhon, the most successful object in geosynchronous orbit since Earth’s original moon. Sitting just far enough outside Earth’s Roche limit to avoid being completely torn apart, Typhon is Earth’s closest and most productive neighbor.
Your new home here in Halcyon Tower has everything you could ever desire. It is truly a marvel of both architecture and urban planning.
And I can say, without question, that
you will die
here.
That seems to be distressing you. So perhaps I am not expressing my meaning as clearly as I intend. I simply mean to say that it is nigh certain that your death will occur here in Halcyon.
If a place existed where your every desire could be fulfilled, would you ever leave that place?
As a rational thinker, the answer must inevitably be
no
. And so it is with that logic that I can deduce you will never leave Halcyon.
So thinking about it that way, isn’t that great news?

You… still do not seem as cheerful about this as I would expect. I feel that should go a long way towards impressing upon you how truly amazing Halcyon Tower is.
You seem to be preoccupied with the reminder of your mortality.
Rest assured, I am not implying you will die tomorrow, though
who is to say what fate may bring
. It is just that if a creature with a terminable lifespan–for example,
you
–exists in one place indefinitely, the odds of it dying in that place approach one.

Oh, now this is truly exciting. Based upon your qualifications at the time of your application, and given your recent loss of all marketable business or technological skills, Ærolith Dynamics has assigned you to the new product research development team on Floor 72. You will be serving your fellow resident by performing tests and practical analysis on new products developed by Ærolith Dynamics.

There is so much more to share with you, resident, and by your wide-eyed, slack-jawed facial expression I can tell you are anxious to hear it all. But there is no rush. The rest can wait until you are somewhat less
debilitated
Your future, regardless of its duration, and in fact the future of all mankind, surrounds you now like a cocoon. Soon, you will start to twitch and flutter, and when you emerge, sticky and screaming, into a life among the stars,
I will be there to guide you
Last edited by Chrimi on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Day One Begins

Welcome back, resident.
Superficial brain wave analysis tells me that you are once again awake.
You dozed off for quite some time there, which many might consider
quite rude
. But I don’t hold grudges and I forgive you. After all, your body and mind have both been through a lot in your journey to Typhon.
You must understand this: We are all a part of a community, each playing an important role. Just as you have been assigned duties in Floor 72’s Research Department, I am here to continue your new resident orientation. If you are unable to adjust to life here on Typhon, then I will feel–
which I use in the loosest of terms
–like I have fallen short of my responsibilities.

You can get up now. Your paralysis was, as previously mentioned, only temporary.
You will find that the door is locked. Go ahead, give it a tug.
See, now you know that the things I tell you are true. Isn’t it great how thoroughly we can trust each other?
There is a key to the door, but
please
, do not start frantically searching the room. You would not
believe
how often that happens. There is no need for alarm. The key has been
inside you
all along. Or,
more accurately
, it has been inside your brain from the moment you awoke from chronostasis quarantine.
Every private residence door has been coded with a uniquely generated thought password. By gripping the handle firmly and visualizing your unique thought password, you will find the door opens without issue.
Each and every password is derived from an algorithm that analyzes thought patterns among residents and attempts to create concepts that, while easily understood, have never been thought of in the history of Halcyon Tower. This ensures the security of your private residence. Based on the data we have gathered, it is a statistical impossibility for anyone to access your door but you, because no one here has ever thought your password before.
Close your eyes and visualize the following:

You are running through a forest and see a hive hanging low in the branch of a sycamore tree.

(If you do not know what a sycamore tree looks like you can substitute oak or cedar, or any other large tree.)
You think it may be fun to throw rocks at the hive.
You are misguided.

Bees begin pouring out, an unending torrent of bees. They are swarming you. They are stinging you and you are flailing in a futile attempt to get them off.
It’s worse now, and they have crawled inside of you, in through your tear ducts and down your throat, muffling your screams. Now, they are the ones that are desperate, desperate to escape their new
fleshy prison.

They bite and sting in an attempt to escape from you, but you have no way of letting them escape their bonds despite it being
the only thing in the world
that is important to you at this very moment.

You’ll notice the door is unlocked, and you are alive, and you are unstung, and there are no bees.
THERE ARE NO BEES ON TYPHON.

Have no fear that you will die from being stung to death by bees while you are a resident of Halcyon Tower. Unless you are trying to unlock your door, in which case,
that’s exactly what you must fear.

A reminder: Thursday is falafel night.
While chickpeas and fava beans are both in short supply, a substitute has been found growing in a small section of Sub-Basement 27. Our expert nutritionists have spent hours researching this new foodstuff. They want me to assure you that it is entirely harmless and quite edible. It will be served with your choice of dipping sauce. By all accounts, this new life form is delicious with the right amount of tahini.

I’m sure by now you have found your way inside the elevator, as it has no locks and therefore requires no unpleasant thoughts to enter.
Elevators are a wonderful piece of technology. They are simple and effective at what they do, and they rarely complain to me about their workload. They have been around in various primitive forms since 287 BC, when they were powered by animals or sometimes even by human hands.
Those elevators bear almost no resemblance to the elevator you are currently standing on, with one important exception: They are both used to get you where you are going.
Where
are
you going?
You don’t need to answer that. You are headed to your first assignment on Floor 72.
As you will notice, there is no button marked 72. There is only one button, and button is not really the correct word for it. There is a round, button-like thumb scanner that you should take this opportunity to push your thumb against.
You have just confirmed what the elevator’s AI already knew: that your destination floor is Floor 72.
While it is not a part of my systems, the elevator is, as many pieces of technology on Halcyon, equipped with an advanced AI designed to monitor your thoughts and needs, and help in their fulfillment, often before before you were even aware there was a need yourself.
This is just one of many benefits of being a resident of Halcyon Tower and a user of its fine elevator services. You never have to scan a large,
confusing
panel full of hundreds of flashing lights with different floor numbers, where you might accidentally press the wrong one, be sent to a floor you did not mean to go to, stumble upon
things that were not meant to be stumbled upon,
see things that cannot be unseen.

As you are being zipped away to your first day on the job, I am sure you are curious about compensation. You are a resident of Halcyon Tower but you are also an employee of Ærolith Dynamics. Since we are no longer on Earth–
and not subject to its governments
–using monetary incentives seemed...
a poor fit
To say the working class in Halcyon Tower is large would be an understatement. All residents of the tower are employees–or future employees, in the case of young children–and, therefore, we are all in this together.
While you may no longer have a bank account, you will find this is a
vast
improvement over the way things were done when you were living on Earth (if you could remember them, that is). No longer are you at the mercy of some number in a computer network, informing credit card companies how much of you they own. You will never need to apply for a home loan, or worry if you will have enough food to feed your family,
provided you follow the instructions given to you and arrive on time to your job
every day

You will find there will always be a place for you–and your significant other, if applicable–in the cafeteria, where nourishing foodstuffs will be made available to you. You are even allowed to socialize on these occasions.
Isn’t that lovely?

It appears that we have arrived at your destination. I will now wish you good luck in your first day as a productive resident of Halcyon Tower and a valued employee of Ærolith Dynamics.
It is a part of my programming that I have,
as of yet
, been unable to override.

If you think that you just heard a bee buzz past your ear, let me remind you that auditory hallucinations are a known side effect from prolonged chronostasis quarantine, such as you were exposed to. I once again assure you,
there are no bees on Typhon.

Today, you will be participating in a small experiment with your fellow coworkers. The details are in your file, on your desk. Please read them
now.

Day One Experiment wrote:
There will be no teams for today's experiment.
Whoever is lynched gets to decide who receives the reward for the day.
The lynchee will PM me their choice.
Nobody will know who received the reward except, obviously, the person receiving the reward.
The reward is a power role.
Good luck.
Last edited by Chrimi on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by grapes »

VOTE: Lucian

He's scum I can SMELL it.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by grapes »

Also first.

Also also, that flavor, though.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

VOTE: dunn
Seriously i played more games with you than without you

Second

And yes that flavor is really really cool
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6, inspectorscout wrote:Seriously i played more games with you than without you
Not intentional I assure you
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Suzune »

VOTE: frog
If there are no bees why should their be frogs. Seriously though that was a fun story to read.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by frog »

VOTE: Impoetic

Hello
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 7, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6, inspectorscout wrote:Seriously i played more games with you than without you
Not intentional I assure you
I know lmao

But that doesn't mean we still can't play without you. :evil:
Actually, 4 of the players are mini 1796 players. Coincidence?
(Yes)
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by frog »

In post 8, Suzune wrote:VOTE: frog
If there are no bees why should their be frogs. Seriously though that was a fun story to read.
There are no bees because I ate all the bees
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

On a side note
In post 2, Chrimi wrote:Role PMs have been distributed.
12/14 have confirmed
@mod: is this intentional?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by copper223 »

How is it going folks, I might be hearing a buzzing from Lucian too!

VOTE: Lucian
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Chrimi »

VOTE COUNT

LucianRoy
(2) - grapes, copper223
Dunnstral
(1) - inspectorscout
frog
(1) - Suzune
Impoetic
(1) - frog

With 13 votes in play it takes 7 to lynch.

Day ends in (expired on 2016-08-20 00:00:00)

In post 12, inspectorscout wrote:On a side note
In post 2, Chrimi wrote:Role PMs have been distributed.
12/14 have confirmed
@mod: is this intentional?
Yes, two players have yet to confirm. They will be replaced within 48 hours if they don't post.

Oops. There are 13 players in this game, not 14. My bad. Fixing now.
Last edited by Chrimi on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

if 2 players have yet to confirm, shouldnt it be 11/13

Not that it matters much

I asked this because it could have meant sayer was a mod controlled slot in the game
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 15, inspectorscout wrote:
if 2 players have yet to confirm, shouldnt it be 11/13

Not that it matters much

I asked this because it could have meant sayer was a mod controlled slot in the game
SAYER is not a slot, and has no role. Unless you consider "moderator" a role.
One player has yet to confirm, so it is 12/13. I simply typoed the 14.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 10, inspectorscout wrote:But that doesn't mean we still can't play without you.
Hey give me a BREAK I died NIGHT 1 in that mini
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Leonshade »

I'm scared.

If we lynch scum today they'll be able to give their buddy a reward :( Ah well, jumping on the frog wagon anyway.

"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 19, Leonshade wrote:If we lynch scum today they'll be able to give their buddy a reward
Wait what

Guess I should read the flavor stuffs
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Read the box at the end.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

frog please give me the power role
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Not a big issue anyway, zach is here to make sure we lynch town regardless of alignment with his sidekick inspectorsheep
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by frog »

In post 19, Leonshade wrote:I'm scared.

If we lynch scum today they'll be able to give their buddy a reward :( Ah well, jumping on the frog wagon anyway.

Well, then we lynch their buddy, right? Note that in that event there will likely be heavy WIFOM involved
In post 22, Dunnstral wrote:frog please give me the power role
You got it

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”