Mini 1864 - Mao Mafia [GAME OVER]

Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (13 players or fewer). Signups Here
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1025  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:14 am

Votecount 6.2Not Voting (4) - FaerieLord, Clumsy Phoenix, Mathblade

With 4 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Mod Notes
None!

________________________________________


I could go into a big list and rundown all the possibilities in this game and what the outcomes of them would be, but I'll bring up another point that may make it a bit more concise.

How exactly do we get a lynch on anyone but Snarky? We require 3 votes. If it was us three, I would be going for FaerieLord. But even if Math voted with us, it's not like Faerie would self hammer.

So 1 of 3 things has to happen.

-Figure out how to get Snarky's vote onto FaerieLord
-Hope FaerieLord breaks a rule resulting in a vote being put on himself
-Lynch Snarky


¯\_(°_o)_/¯
Last edited by SnarkySnowman on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #1026  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:41 am

In post 1022, MathBlade wrote:@mod: Who is alive? Not the players but who is alive?

1016 and 1018 are both accurate

FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 23, 2007
Location: In an Octupus' Garden
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1027  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 am

In post 1025, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I could go into a big list and rundown all the possibilities in this game and what the outcomes of them would be, but I'll bring up another point that may make it a bit more concise.

How exactly do we get a lynch on anyone but Snarky? We require 3 votes. If it was us three, I would be going for FaerieLord. But even if Math voted with us, it's not like Faerie would self hammer.

So 1 of 3 things has to happen.

-Figure out how to get Snarky's vote onto FaerieLord
-Hope FaerieLord breaks a rule resulting in a vote being put on himself
-Lynch Snarky


¯\_(°_o)_/¯


It takes 2 to lynch, not 3. So there's that.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1028  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 am

Someone explain why I am not dead please.

I think I have a moon logic theory.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1029  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 am

And FairieLord assuming this is a three person and not a four person game where would you vote? In other words assume mod is lying about 4 alive
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1030  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:14 am

In post 1025, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I could go into a big list and rundown all the possibilities in this game and what the outcomes of them would be, but I'll bring up another point that may make it a bit more concise.

How exactly do we get a lynch on anyone but Snarky? We require 3 votes. If it was us three, I would be going for FaerieLord. But even if Math voted with us, it's not like Faerie would self hammer.

So 1 of 3 things has to happen.

-Figure out how to get Snarky's vote onto FaerieLord
-Hope FaerieLord breaks a rule resulting in a vote being put on himself
-Lynch Snarky


¯\_(°_o)_/¯


Who is "us"?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 23, 2007
Location: In an Octupus' Garden
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1031  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 am

In post 1029, MathBlade wrote:And FairieLord assuming this is a three person and not a four person game where would you vote? In other words assume mod is lying about 4 alive


Clumsy, I guess. I still have no reason to believe karnos lied about their role. So that doesn't leave a lot of options.

In post 1030, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1025, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:
¯\_(°_o)_/¯


Who is "us"?


I assume "us" is the fact that they're a hydra account.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1032  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:23 pm

In post 1027, FaerieLord wrote:
It takes 2 to lynch, not 3. So there's that.


Huh, totally missed that. Well, in that case, we have no reason to believe Karnos lied about their town only role rule making thing, and we're town, so that leaves FaerieLord. I'll wait until my other head gets with me to confirm, but I believe that's our vote.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1033  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:35 pm

In post 746, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:Night 1 we tracked Gamma Emerald. No result
Night 2 we tracked 123456789. No result.
Night 3 we forgot to track.

We -know- that 1-9 converted somebody on night 2, confirming that we were being blocked or in some way redirected.

In post 1017, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:...
We tracked Math last night. No result.

Mod, can we get a proper vote count? A list of players perhaps?



Food for thought: where is the scum motivation for these claims? We are 90% sure that N2 we should have seen something because of cult actions (on mobile or I'd find it for you), yet we saw nothing. We should have seen Math visit us last night, but didn't see anything. I was about 90% sure Math was going to visit us anyway, but if FaerieLord is actually Ascetic, there was no use tracking there. (I wonder what would happen if we track the mod?) We could have waited to see who Math claimed to have doc'd and "confirmed" that. So where is the scum motive for such a glaringly weak claim when we could easily make it much more believable? Hell, we could have said "Hey, we tracked FaerieLord, they visited us, they're lying and you saved us Math, vote FaerieLord". But no. Because we are actually getting no result. Occam's razor points to either Roleblocker or just pointing at the game being bastard.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1034  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:41 pm

In fact, 746 was made after 1-9 flipped Cult, so it would have been extremely safe to say that 1-9 visited one of the recruits, and would only strengthen our claim. But we didn't, because No Result is what we got. Hence the Roleblocking accusations.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1035  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:06 pm

We have no reason to not believe Karnos' claims about his role, as he flipped town. That clears MathBlade, and we're town, so that leaves FaerieLord. I don't really see any reason to prolong this, and if Math is scum (Which would mean Karnos lied or some other fuckery is going on), oh well I guess.



VOTE: FaerieLord

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1036  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Clear. FairieLord make your case and cross vote.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 23, 2007
Location: In an Octupus' Garden
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1037  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 am

VOTE: Clumsy Phoenix.

That's the issue. I don't really have a case against Clumsy. In the last few days, Clumsy was my foremost "least-scummy" read. You're just conf-town though, both through Karnos' ability and through the fact that you didn't hammer me now either to finish the game. So that makes them scum by default (unless bastard game is bastard).

So yeah, you do you. There isn't much value in prolonging this game.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1038  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Math, if you would like our case, just let me know, and I'll type it up when I can. But like FaerieLord said, the biggest thing is that you're confirmed, and it ain't me.

I really wish we had time to vote the mod to see what happens, but we don't.

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1039  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

I want each of you to make a case and I will read what is here this evening and make a choice.

Include scummy things from beginning to end of the game.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1040  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Fun fun. I'll have something up at some point tonight.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1041  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Wait, I think I might be onto a hidden rule. Give me a bit to check.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1042  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Holy shit I think I solved it. Math, please read absolutely all of this, ask questions if you need to, this was complicated, but it makes sense once you understand it. Credit to Shaz head for fine tuning the ruling that makes this all make sense. Okay, stay with me here.

Rule: The first town member to vote anyone other than Mafia during the day becomes the Mafia Kill target that night. Skip to next town member if the first is lynched.


Spoiler: Day One
This is the first vote of the day. More specifically, this is the first vote from town, on town.

In post 4, SlySly wrote:PL

VOTE: Gamma


This is who died Night One.
In post 518, SnarkySnowman wrote:SlySly, a Survivor and Rule Revisor, has been lynched removed from the card game.

It is now Day 2.



Spoiler: Day Two
First vote, but a few things. One, it's not on a player in this game. Two, it's from cult. So we're moving on.

In post 519, Mas y Menos wrote:lynching ircher for not being a duck

duck you

VOTE: ircher


Original Roll String: 1d100 (STATIC)
1 100-Sided Dice: (76) = 76



First town vote, and it's on Cult, not Mafia.

In post 521, shos wrote:VOTE: 1-9

Original Roll String: 1d100 (STATIC)
1 100-Sided Dice: (1) = 1



Then, the kill that night:

In post 539, SnarkySnowman wrote:
On a lovely night, in the lovely fall, one man wanted to take it all.
He sat on his chair, looking round at the group, looking at his hand, and ready to shoot.
He looked at the head of the table and smiled, with lust and envy, though his hand was full.
He wasn't going to win, at least not this round.

From across the table, a call was heard.
"Shos, your mother wants you home!"
But it wasn't true. Too bad for shos,


Shos, a Town Backup Psychologist and Wet Blanket, has been removed from the game Night 2.


Two new rules have been added. Welcome do day hand 3.



Spoiler: Day Three
First vote, but it's from Cult, so skip.

In post 540, 123456789 wrote:VOTE: ironstove
Original Roll String: 1d100 (STATIC)
1 100-Sided Dice: (4) = 4


Great job breaking the game. Why did you single-handedly decide to lynch Radical?



First town vote, and it's on Cult, not Mafia.
In post 541, karnos wrote:VOTE: 123456789
Original Roll String: 1d100 (STATIC)
1 100-Sided Dice: (99) = 99



And guess who died?

In post 725, SnarkySnowman wrote:
3:1:0:2:1 is the new role distribution. 3:1:0:2:1. If I said otherwise, I made a mistake. I have triple checked to verify this.

The next day broke, and the card game continued. This is where things get serious. Or, as serious as this game could possibly be.

Quick to the day, like a duck, the game tracked towards some semblance of understanding. Or whatever that means. Who knows at this point.

Everyone arrived at the table, cards shuffled, except for one. His mom called. He was grounded.


karnos, a Town Psychologist, is grounded and no longer playing.

As SHENANIGANS has been called, a new vote will come into play, requiring 5 votes to resolve.

You may now vote to remove a set of rules. You can choose between Voting/Unvoting, Deadline, or Posting. Rules with names will not be removed / revealed.

Aside from this, Rule #21: "Well that sucks", has been added.



Votecount 4.1Not Voting (7) - Clumsy Phoenix, FaerieLord, Tiershift, CloudKicker, ironstove, Gamma Emerald

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
________________________________________

Voting (0) -
Deadline (0) -
Posting (0) -

Not Voting (7) - Clumsy Phoenix, FaerieLord, Tiershift, CloudKicker, ironstove, Gamma Emerald

Mod Notes
None!



Spoiler: Day Four
This is the only one that doesn't follow the pattern, and I think I know why.

First vote, but it's by scum, so skip.
In post 729, CloudKicker wrote:im going to play suboptimal VOTE: gamma


By town, but it's on (now confirmed) town, so this SHOULD be the night kill.
In post 731, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: ironstove
SOMEONE GET IN HERE!


However, Cloudkicker was lynched (and was mafia).
In post 883, SnarkySnowman wrote:Hey all, happy holidays! That vote is resolved and all voting rules (including new ones) will be revealed.

Cloudkicker flips Dirty Cheater (aka Mafia)

Flavor to come soon; it's xmas weekend and I'm very busy!

Send actions ASAP. Deadline will be lengthened due to holidays: Monday at 9pm EST is when Day 5 will start.



Tiershift died, as a strong investigative role, someone that scum would definetely want dead.
In post 884, SnarkySnowman wrote:Tiershift is gone, he was a TOWN Flavor Detective

It's Day 5 with only 4 players remaining, it takes 3 to lynch! It is revealed that the MOD is a player!


flavor incoming;



What I'm thinking here is that if a Scum member dies, the other has control over the kill that night, hence the kill on Tier regardless of the rule. Either that or a 1-shot ability, but I see the former being more likely.



Spoiler: Day Five
First vote from town on someone not mafia. Skip because they were lynched.
In post 913, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Clumsy Pheonix


This is very important and it took us a minute to see it. Vote from town, but ON SCUM.
In post 936, MathBlade wrote:
In post 935, FaerieLord wrote:Miller makes perfect sense because it's giving wrong results. I'm giving no results. That's a major difference.
Apart from that, Miller can only have one person getting bad results (there isn't often more than 1 cop role). Anyone with a PR can confirm me.

So no, I disagree with your theory crafting. Claiming an early power role is the wrong call, cause if someone called a result on me in a heavy power role based game like this one, then I'd have had a good chance of having caught scum.


...That isn't how that works. It isn't my theory crafting. It is years of site crafting.

Anyone with a PR who could have could also just be blocked. The fact you are claiming it now is sketchy as fuck. There is no way you are town.

VOTE: FairieLord


This is the kicker: First vote from town, ON TOWN. That made us the nightkill last night. Math doctored us. We lived, no kill.
In post 965, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:VOTE: MathBlade

Well then we'll just park this vote here then. If you're trying to stall for time on the deadline, it won't work on our watch.



When I was first looking at it, I thought it was a weird coincidence. When there were 2 in a row, that was a VERY STRANGE coincidence. But the pattern holds up the entire game except for the day that Cloudkicker died. I think it's just an ability to help scum from falling too far behind once they lose their first member.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1043  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I think it's fine to talk about now that we're in LyLo, so let me also bring this up: Why the HELL is Math not dead. Math, you are a claimed Doctor, going into the night in which 1 kill on town means that mafia wins, and Mafia targets us?! In WHAT universe does scum ever make that choice? The only answer I have for that is... they didn't have a choice. They were forced to attack me instead of you due to the rules of the game. So you blocked it. I mean, can you think of ANY other explanation other than that mafia forgot to send in the game winning night kill? I sure as hell can't.

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1044  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

This is insurance, just in case for some reason the game continues after today's lynch. This, if my theory is correct, will ensure that the NK goes to us, so we can be doctored (sense we would be the first town vote on not scum). I don't expect this to come up, but I also didn't expect my theory in this game either.

VOTE: MathBlade

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1045  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

UNVOTE:
VOTE: FaerieLord

Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1046  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Spoiler: Panic
I already had the unvote and revote typed up, so I sent that as soon as I sent the other one. "You cannot post again so soon after just posting"

Image

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1047  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 am

FairieLord got anything?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1048  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 pm

I find your theory hard to swallow that Mafia could never kill cult. What I find more likely is you have a reflexive modifier and aren't a tracker.

I am still finding you being and FairieLord most likely scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1049  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Do either of you wish to claim 3P and the other scum?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Coney Island