Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (13 players or fewer). Signups Here
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
 
User avatar
Joined: April 24, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1800  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Soc managed to in every coinflip we had pick right. Nacho, jae? Him. Soc for victory 2017
Show

I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 03, 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1801  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 am

Well played soc and spy. Sorry my play was so bad. aristo, I left you in a really crappy spot. It's like I've forgotten how to play as scum or something...

Thanks mod and thanks for the interesting game. I followed along even after replacing out. What a great player list tho!
Show

DiamondSentinel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 03, 2015
Location: Teenage Angst (Half a decade late, mind you)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1802  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am

In post 1798, Socrates wrote:I'm fine with the scum topic being revealed. The only thing I'm really embarrassed to be seen is when I drunkenly speculated that Kraska was a traitor. I was less than sober when I said that. :oops:

In post 1796, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1789, Socrates wrote:And Jae, yes, your cop breadcrumb was incredibly obvious, and is more or less the only reason you got killed. The way you expanded your argument to not lynch any of the robots threw me for a bit about whether you were more than just a cop, but the fact that you were an information role was undeniable.


Honestly, I half knew pisskop was town because I was playing with him and dunn as scum in another game at the same time.

But I knew I wasn't likely to stop a lynch on pisskop without having the inno result, and I don't lie as town. It gave him enough time to get conftowned by Dunn and I was hoping he'd do a little more because I have seen him pull off some good plays. It just wasn't meant to be :(

You did the right thing, to be honest, and literally everyone in the town should have picked up on it converged on you. Camn did, props to her, but both Uzi and pisskop himself should have wanted to use their protection on you, but then Uzi got lynched and Pisskop didn't submit any action. You copped good in the context of this setup, it was really the rest of the town that let you down.

Well, the only thing that made it implausible was the fact that you had 3 scum members. When I originally made this, I had considered making 2 scum with a traitor and a (sorta) SK. The SK would have really just been some special self-aligned role, but I couldn't really find a good way to fit a 3P into this small a game.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

Lil Uzi Vert
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1803  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 am

Didn't really suspect Spy much at all but I knew Soc was scum, I just couldn't put a good argument together outside of him making a big deal about Jae.

Oh and sorry for lying.

DiamondSentinel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 03, 2015
Location: Teenage Angst (Half a decade late, mind you)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1804  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 am

In post 1803, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Didn't really suspect Spy much at all but I knew Soc was scum, I just couldn't put a good argument together outside of him making a big deal about Jae.

Oh and sorry for lying.

So, I won't say strictly "never lie as an innocent". However, be a bit smarter with your role.

You basically claimed untargetable inventor. Which wasn't really believable at all.

Personally, I wouldn't have lynched you because I've never seen a scum inventor, so it was more likely to be noob!town.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

kraska77
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 19, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1805  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 am

In post 1792, DiamondSentinel wrote:WAIT A SECOND!

You're not gone! That's cool!

Just taking a break from games?

haha i was checking in to listen to/vote on the songcontest stuff but then saw the gameover PM

In post 1798, Socrates wrote:I'm fine with the scum topic being revealed. The only thing I'm really embarrassed to be seen is when I drunkenly speculated that Kraska was a traitor. I was less than sober when I said that.

lol......well considering how terrible my play was thats not really an outrageous idea to have
have read little and understood less

MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2010
Location: Heading unstoppably to Osaka ...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1806  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Again congrats to the scum team. Those not named Aristo did a great job of basically staying out of the way as Town slugged itself to death. Which, basically, is the goal of a Mafia team.

My own play was not stellar this game. Aside from twigging to Aristo I let the signs from Spyrex and Socrates fall by the wayside and got tunneled on Uzi (due to the claim) and Camn. After the revelation of the Mod error I didn’t have any more energy to try to revisit. So getting lynched today was probably for the best. Funny that both players I dinged for bad comments to Pisskop Day 5 were scum.

I’m kinda surprised in hindsight that scum chose to kill Dunn when the only Robot left for him to upgrade was Spyrex scum …

--

In post 1756, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ok, so here's the issue that came up.

Originally, when I said that pisskop would know he was shot at, I forgot that MagnaofIllusion had a permanent bulletproof. pisskop was originally supposed to be the only bulletproof that would be aware of being shot.

However, I will just say. Town was already thoroughly fucked by the time that came around.


I don’t care that Town was “fucked” the way you handled (or specifically didn’t handle) your incorrect statement made a tangible effect on the game. And saying “What would you have done differently to pisskop” is a poor response.

Frankly having observed the objections you threw at Shos after his GTA game I expected for you to have a better handle on your game and mechanics than you did.

In post 1804, DiamondSentinel wrote:So, I won't say strictly "never lie as an innocent". However, be a bit smarter with your role.


The number of times lying as a Town player works out to Town’s benefit are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the number of times it hurts Town.

--

In post 1782, camn wrote:<3 You!

not Magna tho.


Sorry … I guess …

--

In post 1789, Socrates wrote:Camn was so super-duper-mega town that it boggles my mind that we were able to get her lynched. And she had a provable ability! And was about to shoot scum! And we had no way to stop her!

And Uzi was provable as well! And he got lynched too!


Mafia 101 – provable role does not equal provable alignment.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Mini 1851 - Order of the Stick Mafia is over. Soon to come in this space - another Mini Theme announcement.

MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2010
Location: Heading unstoppably to Osaka ...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1807  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Dead Thread Thoughts –

My reaction to pisskop not using his Doctor ability N1 after a successful scum lynch …

Image

Also camn I fully return your </3.

--

In post 87, JaeReed wrote:But if camn thinks MoI is scum then she should never self on account of him. Because it's the kind of move that a hypothetical scum!MoI would delight in having caused.


This explains in a nutshell why despite all the “Oh self-voting is a Town tell” it absolutely is Anti-Town play.

--

In post 94, pirate mollie wrote:and yeah pple don't seem to be fans about doing readslists anymore. I find it hugely beneficial tho.


Disagree and you can see why with my comments on Jae’s Day 1 readslists. Without detailed explanations of what each tier signifies and why players move between tiers then they are just effective fluff and a good way for scum to hide and pretending to give content. And I have yet to see anyone actually do a readslist with all that accompanying it.

My back and forth with Jae regarding this starting at reflects this.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Mini 1851 - Order of the Stick Mafia is over. Soon to come in this space - another Mini Theme announcement.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1808  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

I agree with PM. We have widely different styles but readslist force people to make decisions about value.
Show

DiamondSentinel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 03, 2015
Location: Teenage Angst (Half a decade late, mind you)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1809  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 pm

In post 1806, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1756, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ok, so here's the issue that came up.

Originally, when I said that pisskop would know he was shot at, I forgot that MagnaofIllusion had a permanent bulletproof. pisskop was originally supposed to be the only bulletproof that would be aware of being shot.

However, I will just say. Town was already thoroughly fucked by the time that came around.


I don’t care that Town was “fucked” the way you handled (or specifically didn’t handle) your incorrect statement made a tangible effect on the game. And saying “What would you have done differently to pisskop” is a poor response.

Frankly having observed the objections you threw at Shos after his GTA game I expected for you to have a better handle on your game and mechanics than you did.


My objections were sheerly based on his poor setup design. He advertised the game as non-bastard, yet we had an alignment change, unknown wincon, and we were only immune to one of the 13(?) kills in the entire game.

Yes, I know I made a mistake when modding. There's nothing that can be done now, however.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1810  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm

In post 1789, Socrates wrote:Camn was so super-duper-mega town that it boggles my mind that we were able to get her lynched. And she had a provable ability! And was about to shoot scum! And we had no way to stop her!

THANKS MAGNAOFILLUSION
I forgive you though. I'm over it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1811  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm

In post 1807, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also camn I fully return your </3.
WAIT A SECOND!
YOUR FACE IS </3
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

JaeReed
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 03, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1812  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

camn, you're a pleasure to play with. Just sayin' =)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia

DiamondSentinel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 03, 2015
Location: Teenage Angst (Half a decade late, mind you)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1813  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 pm

So, I have had some interesting experiences with people on-site recently (long story short, too much toxicity), but I must say, you guys were pretty enjoyable to watch. Besides a couple of things here and there, I'm quite pleased with the way you guys worked together.

Even if it was to no avail. :lol:
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1814  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm

In post 1801, I Am Innocent wrote:Well played soc and spy. Sorry my play was so bad. aristo, I left you in a really crappy spot. It's like I've forgotten how to play as scum or something...
All good man! I hope you get your groove back!
I didn't do the slot any good anyway, so that's on me too!

In post 1806, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Again congrats to the scum team. Those not named Aristo did a great job of basically staying out of the way as Town slugged itself to death. Which, basically, is the goal of a Mafia team.
I honestly don't know what is wrong with me when I roll scum. I really have to work on this, because my meta has been glaringly obvious. With very few exceptions my scumgame is weak AF!
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia
"You Grandiloquent Bastard!" -- Mike, the Auto Mechanic

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1815  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

It's cute. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1816  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Everyone's like, "ha ha look at Aristo he rolled scum".
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1817  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 pm

In post 1815, camn wrote:It's cute. :)
In post 1816, camn wrote:Everyone's like, "ha ha look at Aristo he rolled scum".
XD
Oh shaddup you :P
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia
"You Grandiloquent Bastard!" -- Mike, the Auto Mechanic

Fate
:HAPPY:
 
User avatar
Joined: January 24, 2010
Location: Eternity

Post Post #1818  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 pm

glad I didn't replace in

still don't have the heart to get SpyreX

but I owe Socrates revenge from 6 years ago PYP
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
 
User avatar
Joined: April 24, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1819  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:16 am

Hey fate at least theyd have remembered you
Show

Socrates
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 09, 2009

Post Post #1820  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm

In post 1818, Fate wrote:glad I didn't replace in

still don't have the heart to get SpyreX

but I owe Socrates revenge from 6 years ago PYP

Ah, memories.

Long time no see, friend! I wasn't sure if this game was going to be a one-and-done deal for me, but I obviously have to let you get your revenge. Just point me at a game and I'm /in.

Socrates
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 09, 2009

Post Post #1821  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 pm

In post 1814, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1801, I Am Innocent wrote:Well played soc and spy. Sorry my play was so bad. aristo, I left you in a really crappy spot. It's like I've forgotten how to play as scum or something...
All good man! I hope you get your groove back!
I didn't do the slot any good anyway, so that's on me too!

In post 1806, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Again congrats to the scum team. Those not named Aristo did a great job of basically staying out of the way as Town slugged itself to death. Which, basically, is the goal of a Mafia team.
I honestly don't know what is wrong with me when I roll scum. I really have to work on this, because my meta has been glaringly obvious. With very few exceptions my scumgame is weak AF!

I'm sorry, if I had known that you struggle with playing scum I would have made more effort to give you support in the PT. Spy and I weren't talking to each other much because there was little need, but I can see how that might feel a bit intimidating to a fresh replacement.

pisskop
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 14, 2013
Location: HushedWeights the Submerged Valley

Post Post #1822  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

jswac

im not counting this game because i based my reads on what the mod directly said.
he lied
therefore this game is bastard.

i would not have cleared kuroi had the mod not.lied, and there's every chance we could have vcaed out kuroi or even i.could have read.

so, no real offense, but this mod error fuckered the game.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.

pisskop
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 14, 2013
Location: HushedWeights the Submerged Valley

Post Post #1823  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 pm

next time you arbitrary decide to change the rules midgame consult a skittle first aye?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.

DiamondSentinel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 03, 2015
Location: Teenage Angst (Half a decade late, mind you)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1824  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 pm

In post 1822, pisskop wrote:jswac

im not counting this game because i based my reads on what the mod directly said.
he lied
therefore this game is bastard.

i would not have cleared kuroi had the mod not.lied, and there's every chance we could have vcaed out kuroi or even i.could have read.

so, no real offense, but this mod error fuckered the game.

You cleared a town, pk. It didn't hurt you. If anything, it helped town.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Coney Island