Mini 1856 - This Mafia Game is for pieguyn (Game Over)

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3847, Nahdia wrote:oh, right, evoker. now that both games is over i can post this.
In post 184, Nahdia wrote:dreal is being a bit more spazzy than im used to him being. either he flipped scum for the first(?) time and is overcorrecting himself, or he used caffeinated soap in the shower today.
for the record, i frequently make statements like this which don't take into account ongoing games; i did something like it in FA's recently finished Dota mafia where i said i had never seen Dunnstral as scum (i had, but in an ongoing game).

i guess i understand people don't realize i'm never including ongoing games when i make statements like that but still, just felt the need to point out.
it is the same for me

when I reference anything it is only completed games

if I'm town and I say "I've never seen gamma as scum" IT IS TRUE even if gamma and I are scum together in an ongoing game

I'm also very strict and think it is best to be very strict

I don't even like to acknowledge that any other games exist
balance among all things
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

I require DT access
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

there is no DT, I never got a link
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by pisskop »

But, but ... how else do I stroke my Eego?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

there is

am I allowed to link it?
balance among all things
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

WHY WAS I NOT GIVEN A LINK
actually it's probably buried in my PMs somewhere
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

There IS a Dead PT, i guess GIF forgot to send link and you never asked.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Nahdia »

that's happened to me before =( aero never gave me the dead PT for college mafia and i specced all by myself for 2 days. always ask.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I can get spanked later if I'm not supposed to release it:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69340
balance among all things
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw I feel like if I looked I could find a good quote to sig, but I'm lazy so if someone could help that would be great
<Embrace The Void>

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 3858, drealmerz7 wrote:I can get spanked later if I'm not supposed to release it:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69340
Should be viewable now
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

oh hey look, you all get to read varsoon and my grr at each other from 2 months ago! (I was just looking back over)
balance among all things
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 118, Varsoon wrote:I fear for the 3P LYLO with Pisskop, Nahdia, and Pie.
lmao
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ayyy
No hard feelings, drealmerz.
I'm still not a fan of your approach, but those sorts of tensions are game-oriented alone and something I can move forward from.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Apparently wisdom was the only person who saw my bus for what it was.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3863, Varsoon wrote:Ayyy
No hard feelings, drealmerz.
I'm still not a fan of your approach, but those sorts of tensions are game-oriented alone and something I can move forward from.
no hard feelings!
balance among all things
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i feel like all the people in the dead thread forgot that pisskop literally outted both mafia. that's why he wasn't lynched sooner.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Nahdia »

beeboy, who i convinced a pokemon to brutally gun down, insisted i never ever lynch pisskop. dwlee said pretty much the same. and yeah, i misread pisskop's tone on top of that, but were i to do it all again, i think i'd end up lynching in the same order i did this game. There was more reason to think pisskop was town than the others. It was only when i closely inspected d1 again that I realized pisskop was actually really inconsistent wrt his role & varsoon's claim. which i only really found because i was like, 99% sure pieguyn was town.

-Zaphkael, 2020
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I think I pleaded in the chat a few times for you to just go back and read D1
balance among all things
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I mean, there are ways pisskop could have explained that which I would have accepted as quite possibly town. And all the other players on the list didn't leave major impressions on me in terms of "this player is def X alignment". so even if i had noticed that, i might have still lynched in the same order.

I was asked in an "obtuse" manner on the final day because I was trying to avoid giving pisskop the answer I would have accepted. As I saw it, here's the possible town approach to pisskop's play:
"When Varsoon claimed, I knew he was very likely scum. I kept townreading him publicly in the thread and telling him I would trust him because I didn't want to be nightkilled. I knew that if I could survive to the night and get Wisdom to confirm Varsoon's claim, I would have two confirmed scum."
But pisskop didn't answer that way, he dodged the question and at times seemed to give multiple explanations and seemed scattered, all over the place.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

was asking* in

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Nahdia »

And yeah, he
kinda
got at that but there he sort of had to work his way there and even as he said it, it felt like he was avoiding saying anything concrete. Wouldn't tell me his actual read on the dude, just that he planned to talk to Wisdom that night.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Nahdia »

And then there's the fact that he let the drealmerz7 lynch go through (and in fact voted with it), which is a wagon that was led by Varsoon, and in fact even joined it early. If he knew Varsoon was v likely mafia, that's odd to say the least. That would have been my next line of questioning if pisskop had gotten that far.

-Zaphkael, 2020
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

you put in the work effort time and tedium that was required

well done! only a bit late!! but you did it!!!! so very glad, I've been cheering you and pie on for a while! (in my head mostly)
balance among all things
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I don't really feel the same way about this game most other people seem to feel.

the game was pretty much in autowin since D2 once Wisdom was lynched. the entire 1 1/2 after that was pretty much just a formality. even though it took lynching through the rest of the player list to finally hit the last scum, it literally did not matter because we had Nahdia confirmed town and me who was practically confirmed town vs. one scum who couldn't kill anyone, so scum was never going to win. the only way scum would ever win was if I was lynched - this wasn't ever going to happen, even though it looked like it'd be close - or if they could pull off a lynch on Nahdia under the "we should let pie confirm herself" logic, which really wasn't possible unless everyone was stupid (which they weren't). you can say that I was almost mislynched, but I was never being lynched, even though there were people questioning my alignment I really was pretty much confirmed town by my claim and there was always a majority of people in the game who accepted it without questioning it, and I feel like most of the people in the dead PT who thought Nahdia might lynch me weren't really picking up on the dynamic we had going for the entire duration of the game. or were just cynical, which I wouldn't blame them for since I suffered a bit of anxiety over it too.

moreover, since scum couldn't kill, it completely fucked over most of my reads (and everyone else's reads) for the entire 1 1/2 months we were playing the game out since that drastically affected how whoever the scum was would need to be playing, so honestly, I don't understand people who claim "pisskop put up a good fight" or "the game made it all the way to LYLO" or "people finally put in the effort and lynched pisskop" - that was just the last part of the same autowin scenario we had been playing out ever since the point where Wisdom was lynched D2 and the result was, and always would have been, the exact same as it would have been had he just resigned after D2.

I also pretty much agree with the criticism about pisskop's role, even though I don't really feel anything for him for having to play it. I still honestly have no idea how this was intended to be balanced, and even though it did succeed in being something that I'd believe with absolute certainty wasn't in the setup which was the intent of the role, really, when you think about how bad of a role it actually is, just eh. I don't really know if I like that the way GIF broke his mod meta was by just using a terrible role and relying on people assuming they wouldn't use that role.

I guess maybe it's just a type of setup where scum dies if they lose a member early, but are in a solid position if they can survive a few days. and in that sense I guess it did fit my usual style of play to some extent (this being lynch many scum early and then limp to a win).

overall, while I enjoyed the game for the first two days outside of all of the frustration, which I largely got over as soon as I realized Wisdom was just trying to tilt me, I'm just left feeling like there was really no use in anything that had happened in the 1 1/2 months after N2, I largely just feel like all it was was me being cheesed by the setup. and I guess maybe that means GIF accomplished what he wanted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”