Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 2323, Pine wrote:EPIC.

Nomming for a memorable moment scummy when 2017 thread is up.

Seconded
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I loved the setup and mechanics. Balance was waywayy wayyyy off, it wasn't swingy (I'm fine with swingy) - this was too town-sided by SO MUCH. Still interesting, but, yeah, town shouldn't feel like they accomplished much it was handed to us. Andy patting himself and everyone on the back is laughable, imo.

Sorry, I let scum get under my skin and brought bad energy. IMO there were obvious shit-scum tactics being used and I didn't know how it wasn't obvious and so I get frustrated doubt myself but know in my gut it's just shit-scum and when ppl play like that there's not much to do - I really don't know how you all didn't see it and it's not about me knowing my alignment, but learn to recognize it in the future because ppl shouldn't get away with playing like that - and learn genuine drealmer rage, it will help you in the future. Anyway, for me, it's always just in the game and nothing personal, other than me thinking they're just a shitplayer, and that will remain until shown otherwise.

THANKS VERY MUCH CLUMSY!!!
balance among all things
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by SlySly »

Drealmz, you played great. We couldn't have won it without you. Give yo self a big ole pat on the back.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I've played mafia with day-missions before (kind of resistance style?) - I LOVE IT and always look for games like that

I will be trying to impliment such mechanics at some point into a game - very well done clumsy, regardless of balance
balance among all things
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by kuror0 »

I finished reading the other threads. Still think it is swingy not entirely town sided. I mean I feel like scum team didn't even read their fucking pms or read their abilitys. That's just stupid. Clumsy did clarify that to turn the traitor strahd has to lead the attack. It is both on the pm and on the topic clarified yet they completely miss that. Dunns didn't use his ability n1, they let town get advantage while they kept all their weapons for later. If you use hut instead of greeding the item you would have got a lot of info about protective/healing roles on D1 and denied an item. N1 strongman one of the healing/protective roles. D2 dayvig the remaining protective role and you got a free realm from that point on. You could lead the d2 quest to somewhere unfortunate to keep hindering town instead of going for more items etc. Ofc it wouldn't go that easily down but your abilitys had the way to keep getting on our way and you didn't stop us at all. I think the result of this game is both good choices from town and very bad plays from scum.

Being town means you do everything you can to get you to your win con and not knowing how close or far you are from achieving anything. I picked the culted persi connection but I'm too dumb to think they were masons I guess that's why I'm bad at town hunting, I just poke around to find scum and never realize if I find town. My town tell on drealmz was right and I'm glad it did so I pick confidence in that. My play style and voting (or not voting) pattern as always gets me scum read by many but I honestly just try my best to find scum need to work hard on that aspect.

And again thanks clumsy for the game I enjoyed it a lot and let me know if another game like this comes up.
Too lazy to be scum.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 298, Creature wrote:Okay, what about this:

Pine

shaddowez
drealmerz7
Shaziro
Dunnstral
JasonWazza
Vedith

KuroiXHF
kuror0

SlySly
Persivul
Creature

BRantz
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Creature »

Just pushed the wrong people.
Sigh
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Good game! We actually thought -Dreal- was Tatyana because of how he reacted to me talking about her and whatnot. We knew that Shaddow had already been a bit lurky and figured it would be best for one of us to do the kill instead, and I figured I was the least suspected of all of us. I actually led every kill we did. Night 2 I strongman killed Dreal. I think that Shaddow missing his dayvig was pretty heavy, and I think I should've reacted differently to the fake govern. I was setting myself up to vote Slysly for it, but I took too long and got called out.

Also I want to point out that all of the lore knowledge I shared in thread was straight from memory, despite knowing what would show up there thanks to Strahd's abilities. Curse of Strahd was my shit, yo.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

that must have been fun to be scum, shaz, knowing all that

sorry our energies rubbed as they did
balance among all things
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by SlySly »

See, Andrius. All millers ARE scum!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Nah I wasn't paying attention at the start

I think I would have made shadow perform the kill if I knew he would convert traitors
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Persivul »

It was a little town-sided but more importantly (sorry guys but really) scum just did a poor job. Just need to reduce town shots - make any 2X or 3X abilities 1X.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh, I should mention, I lied a LOT.

-I was unable to self-protect. The point of that was to WIFOM the scum a bit. A claimed Doc on D1 would be an easy and obvious target for N1 death. This backfired on me more than a little, because SOME PEOPLE focused on the self-protection part, and not the Doc part. All I was saying was that I was not prohibited from self-protecting.
-I also lied wildly about the number of shots I had. I was empty after saving Andy.
-I never Spoke With Dead Creature. That was a bluff to save my ass D2. That was far more successful. I also used this to put some pressure on TRs I was having doubts on.
-I didn't use the amulet until I opened a SWD thread with Kuror0.

I think there were other things. I forget.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, I thought town was going to hang both of their protectives. That was a huge swing when it went onto Shaddowez.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2333, drealmerz7 wrote:that must have been fun to be scum, shaz, knowing all that

sorry our energies rubbed as they did
I legitimately meant what I said, when I said that if you can't play mafia without telling somebody to go die, you need to refrain until you can. That level of personal anger over a game isn't healthy for either side, man. I don't get the impression you make a habit of it, I'm assuming shit just hit the fan all over. No hard feelings.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by kuror0 »

I must agree with the scum :D :D your(@derealmz) ate or anger or W/e it was didn't sit well with me. I'm way too logical thinikning player to suit that but you had my only and trusty town tell which made me defend since D1. Plus it is a game that outrage was uncalled. If anything you probably feel the same way I do about how peoplr read you, despite your best effort you are scum read but that means you have to work your town game? and not get pissed about their appreciation. Just an appretiation from drunk kuro.
Too lazy to be scum.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by kuror0 »

In post 2338, Clumsy wrote:Yeah, I thought town was going to hang both of their protectives. That was a huge swing when it went onto Shaddowez.
Scum didn't exploit their they day talk at all. Reading their PT I totally forgot thay could have ganged on someone. Their PT looked like any normal only night chat which is lame.
Too lazy to be scum.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Post by Pine »

Disagree, they were talking.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by SlySly »

@drealmz: I used to be the town asshole. It's part of how I earned my signature. Then I discovered Yahoo comments. That's the best place to go to be an asshole. Pick a topic and both sides are there and ready to go! "Fuck Trump, Hillary and most of all you! You stupid MF'r!!!" When you get it out there, you don't feel the need to bring it here.

This site is best used for playing mafia. You can be a little bit of an ass and that's fine, but you're playing a game. "Playing" and "games" are supposed to be fun. Enjoy yourself and maintain enough where everyone else can enjoy too. No hate from me, just my 2 cents from my personal experience.

Once it turns into a tirade, personally, I tune it out and interact with others. Because of the venom, I didn't pay much attention to drealmz until he became one of the main wagons. I dug through his iso and just couldn't find the scummy. It just seemed like frustrated, asshole town just like I used to be. Takes one to know one, so don't take that personal please.

--------

shaz, i tuned out most of the game because it was all lore. it was cool to have the lore, but it just seemed like the wolf in sheep's clothing.

--------

kuror0, i tuned out because i was convinced he was scum. i didn't notice the double vote on shaddow until night fell. i was planning to block kuror0 and shaz. when i saw the double vote, i knew kuror0 wouldn't double vote Strahd as scum. i figured that made drealmz scum, so i blocked him instead.

--------

persivul, it was hard to get a read early. never played with him before and his delivery did have a tad bit of asshole behind it, but not too bad. seemed to be playing "shadily". when he told me, with a little assholery, to watch out for Andrius, initially I just wanted to defend my buddy and didn't think much more about it. when iso'ing persivul, i saw the post again and couldn't see scum persivul throwing shade on scum Andrius. I didn't catch the mason thing, but I was convinced enough of persivul's towniness, that I gave culted a pass when pers said he could confirm culted.

--------

Andrius, the end of D1 made you look so scummy from my perspective, it was unreal. I had theorized the truth almost 100% after I unvoted. Andrius shredded it with something very reasonable, but after the flip, what I had suggested was all so true, it looked like a masterful scum move to push through the mislynch. From our recent history together, I feared Andrius-scum knew I would see the difference in his play after that D1 move and would NK me because of it. That's why I commuted myself instead of someone else. I even sent Clumsy and Andrius-esque night action PM with all the possibilities that were crossing my mind before deciding my final decision. When Creature was the only one that died, I assumed scum took the N1 shot at me. When kuror0 and shaz came out calling Creature the scum kill, this is what I was referring to when I was insisting he'd been vig'd.

--------

Dunn, he was tuned out because he was a miller and all millers are scum

--------

culted, he seemed scummy with his delivery but the content all felt townie. the post/lurk/post/lurk kept me wondering.

--------

kurio, i tuned out mostly because of semi-lurk and the hideous avatar. :)

--------

creature, was creature. always a pleasure.

--------

pine, was totally convinced was shaz's scumbuddy until shaddow's "governing". pine totally went into confused game solving mode. that was full on townie responding. shaz and kuror0 responses both screamed scum to me. I was sure Andrius knew it was fake and I thought I had enough sarcasm in my responses to show it was fake to everyone. But I could tell it was being believed by some. I was very glad I slipped in the reads and admission that persivul pointed out right before Shaddow flipped Strahd. Without, I'd have been target #1 if scum had thought to have claimed to un-governed somehow in this special game with role madness.

--------

jason, speak up next time you're being mislynched when someone is pointing out the truth about you. i know it all happened fast, but you were around at the start of it all. if you had stepped up to validate what I was saying, my vote wouldn't have returned to you. you were at L-1, it was time to lay it all on the table.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2343, SlySly wrote:persivul, it was hard to get a read early. never played with him before and his delivery did have a tad bit of asshole behind it, but not too bad. seemed to be playing "shadily".
Note that I was a mason, so I knew I could get out of a lynch if necessary. So by playing somewhat abrasively, I hoped to see who pushed me on playstyle, and who looked past playstyle to motivations.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:36 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2343, SlySly wrote:jason, speak up next time you're being mislynched when someone is pointing out the truth about you. i know it all happened fast, but you were around at the start of it all. if you had stepped up to validate what I was saying, my vote wouldn't have returned to you. you were at L-1, it was time to lay it all on the table.
What?

Shaz just said i was lying and i was lynched based off that, you guys followed the scum onto my wagon, and fuck didn't even question it afterwards.

I was exactly what i said i was, there was no town motivation for me to lie, and if i was going to lie as a scum player, i would come up with a believable lie, not pick something that would leave me with a scum player having the option to say that makes no sense, so trying to give me any shit is pathetic.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2343, SlySly wrote:Andrius, the end of D1 made you look so scummy from my perspective, it was unreal. I had theorized the truth almost 100% after I unvoted. Andrius shredded it with something very reasonable, but after the flip, what I had suggested was all so true, it looked like a masterful scum move to push through the mislynch. From our recent history together, I feared Andrius-scum knew I would see the difference in his play after that D1 move and would NK me because of it. That's why I commuted myself instead of someone else. I even sent Clumsy and Andrius-esque night action PM with all the possibilities that were crossing my mind before deciding my final decision. When Creature was the only one that died, I assumed scum took the N1 shot at me. When kuror0 and shaz came out calling Creature the scum kill, this is what I was referring to when I was insisting he'd been vig'd.
See I had you pegged as solid town but when you came around trying to stop the Jason lynch the warning lights were going off being all like HES TRYING TO SAVE HIS BUDDY and I was determined to have my Jason lynch.

I mean you were right on the money.
It was my bad.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 am

Post by shaddowez »

Sorry to everyone (especially the scum team) for disappearing. The holidays were hard enough, then my phone died while I was away for New Years, and Verizon sent the replacement to my house even though I gave them my in-laws address :/ Good game all, and is gladly pay with any of you again
V/LA on Weekends
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 2346, Andrius wrote: See I had you pegged as solid town but when you came around trying to stop the Jason lynch the warning lights were going off being all like HES TRYING TO SAVE HIS BUDDY and I was determined to have my Jason lynch.

I mean you were right on the money.
It was my bad.
I'm glad you get it. Jason obviously doesn't.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean you were saying someone was "pointing out the truth about me"

So essentially your saying i was lying or some shit.

I laid it all on the table, and then was promptly lynched for shitty reasons.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”