Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 2:29 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I claimed yesterday.

The only thing I have to fear is the town losing. At least with hidden variables it is possible that scum might slip up on who they kill tonight. If they get to find out what everyone can do, it will be easy to pick the right target.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 2:16 pm

Post by Tam »

Actually, if you look, Fishbulb, I suggested the mass roleclaim. You know, I was really torn between you two.

However, as I went back to my role pm, I noticed this-

Fishbulb- I'm Meatloaf, the word Eddie does not appear at all in my role description. Therefore, I'm going to assume that you made that role up, as there should be no Eddie in this game for you to hunt down.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 8:09 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Right... You're Meatloaf. You're the actor, not the character. You expect us to believe that?

Well, I guess that solves it. You asking to go last in the mass claim is suspicious enough. Now, miraculously you have the answer to everything, yet yesterday you believed me. I think what we have here, folks, is Tam worried that the town is not going to follow Dragon Phoenix. All they need is one more lynch, and Dragon Phoenix couldn't pull it off by himself. Risky, as we now know who the scum are.

Look at it this way: Either there is a Meatloaf in the game (with no Eddie), and Rocky is a cop, or they are scum, plain and simple. They needed to pin someone bad today, so they both took a role that could point to me as scum. Dragon Phoenix came out hoping for an easy lynch, and now Tam is trying to help out.

At this point, it is obvious they are both scum. All that matters is which one we should hang first. Either way this will be my last day. Either the town will hang me and learn the truth when we lose, or we will hang one of them leaving the other to kill me tonight.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 8:31 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Let' s put the cards on the table, Fishbulb. Get Eddie out. If you are right, there is an Eddie in the game. So your co-scum will have to claim Eddie or see you hang. Then it's up to the town: either Tam and I (your claim) or you and "Eddie" (My claim) are scum. They can make up their minds going back to the posts throughout the game. Choose right and you get two for one, and win the game. Choose wrong and it's all over.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 8:39 am

Post by Fishbulb »

There's a major flaw in your plan. I came looking for Eddie. That doesn't necessarily mean he is here. Like I stated earlier, there might be more to it. Eddie could be dead, as in the movie, and me looking for him has another function. I just submit a name like everyone else, how am I supposed to know what I'm actually doing?

Also, flaw #2. How do we know Tam isn't Eddie? I never ruled out Eddie being scum.

To the rest of you: ask yourself this, do you really think Tam is
Meatloaf
? Does it make sense that Rocky is a cop?
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 9:23 am

Post by Tam »

I admit that I thought it odd that everyone else has incharacter names and I don't, but I'll tell you the other part that made me think that you are scum after me.

I'm the doctor. :P

I'm a satanic mechanic, just like in the movie, but here it seems to be people and not cars. (I know, a bit of a stretch but that's the role.)

I felt very bad after this endgame started and I looked back at my role and night choices, because I realised that I protected you the night she tried to kill you. :(

I really thought it was the night before that, but it wasn't.

However, all this proves to me is that you are not necessarily the GF.
And yes, I wanted to believe you when you claimed you were 'good' and hunting me, but I've been very wary of you and DP's coming straight out with his info made up my mind.

Your logic is flawed. If DP wanted to lynch you sooooo bad, why would he ask us not to vote for you or anyone else yet? :P I was ready to throw on my vote that night.

I wanted to wait with my claim because of a few things.
I was waiting to hear back from Jeep about whether or not I can protect myself,
I realised that my role said nothing about Eddie, and wanted to see if someone else would claim it, and
I wanted to see if someone else would claim doctor. I waited long enough to see that didn't happen.

Oh, and you're now saying that your role mechanics are fake? Just because you were looking for "Eddie" doesn't mean he's in the game?

Riiiiiiiiight. The mod just gave you a dud role that does
nothing.
Tam
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 9:38 pm

Post by Carmine »

Gah. So confused.

Tam, what did you mean when you said "I protected you the night she tried to kill you."? I didn't follow that.

I am completely flummoxed. Both the Tam+DP combination
and
Fishbulb seem equally mafia-esque to me :(

So far we have the following claims:

Tam - Meatloaf, doctor - I find it difficult to believe that the role was Meatloaf and not Eddie.
NanooktheWolf - Riff Raff, townie - I find it difficult to believe that a named role is just a townie.
Carmine - Transylvanian, townie
Dragon Phoenix - Rocky, cop - Could just be a ballsy end-game claim.
Fishbulb - Dr. Scott, hunter/mystery - Something doesn't quite add up, plus we don't seem to have an Eddie...
Narninian - ??, role-blocker - Could do with a name

Narninian, could we get a role-name from you? Just so we've got the full spectrum before we have to decide... I think it's a safe assumption that we have two mafia left. Every time I think I'm teetering towards voting for one, I come up with arguments for another.
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 10:05 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, look at this way.

Suppose that Fishbulb is right, and that I'm trying a ballsy claim.

1. I am claiming Rocky. It's pretty hard to imagine that Rocky is not in the game. No-one else has counterclaimed.

2. I am claiming cop. We are in a do-or-die situation. If I were not the cop, the real cop would have had to come out by now to counterclaim and list the results.

Neither has happened. That alone should be sufficient evidence.

Note also that Fishbulb has countered my proposal that Eddie comes out by stating that there might not be an Eddie. That is fishy in itself (it's a dud role then as Tam pointed out), but if he were genuine, he would have supported Eddie coming out anyway, as he cannot be sure that there is no Eddie. For the same reason, if one of the remaining players would be Ediie (and town), he or she should by now have spoken up in order to show I'm talking bollocks.

Again, this has not happened. The reason is simple. I am Rocky, the cop, and the co-scum has not dared to support Fishbulb, hoping to have another chance later on.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 11:14 pm

Post by Carmine »

1. doesn't really indicate anything though: he's claimed Doctor Scott. It's just as likely that Dr. Scott is in the game, and nobody's counter-claimed that.

2. True, unless the only cop-type we had was FrogGurl's snoop-type role.

More dilemmas.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 12:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Ugh, typical of scum to ignore the important parts of posts.
I wrote:Eddie could be dead, as in the movie, and me looking for him has another function. I just submit a name like everyone else, how am I supposed to know what I'm actually doing?
I'm not saying I'm doing nothing. I'm saying I might be doing something
else
. Possibilities: role blocking, protection, investigative (I'll have to look back over ML's and jeep's responses again), or, as I tried to state yesterday, if I found certain people other things could happen (e.g. Find Brad -- turn Mafia, find Columbia -- join against those that killed Eddie...). All speculation, but either Tam
is
Eddie and evil, or there is no Eddie and I serve another purpose. Either way she is lying.

Oh, we still haven't heard Narninian's role name, have we? Speak up! You might have something that will help this all make sense. This is it folks. We've gone too far, nothing to hold back now. If they lynch me, it's game-over.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 12:47 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:2. I am claiming cop. We are in a do-or-die situation. If I were not the cop, the real cop would have had to come out by now to counterclaim and list the results.
Try to shoot a hole in this, Fishbulb. Or do you think that this game has only one cop-like role: the indiscriminate one that froggurl had? Against 3 mafia, which I think we all agree is the most likely scenario?
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:03 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, we can't try to assume what kind of set-up Medicated Lain made. And, with FrogGurl's following, Narninian's blocking,
and
the possibility that my role has more to it than it seems, I don't see how your claim is so fool-proof.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:15 am

Post by Tam »

You know, I didn't hear anyone else claim doctor, either, Fishbulb.

I am the doctor. There hasn't been one yet. This is even more clear-cut than DP's defense, seeing as we have already had a semi-doctor role.

Ever played a game with no doctor? :P

Carmine, WW was the vig and attacked Fishbulb because she tried to kill him and he lived. I have been protecting DP most of the game, except one night when I chose to protect Fishbulb (the night after he claimed to be looking for me) I should have, but didn't go back and check my night choices to make sure it was the same night. Frankly, I thought she was scum and didn't believe her vig claim. :(

The problem I'm having is that I am not *positive* that it's Fishbulb and not DP. My money's on Fishbulb being the scum because he claims to be hunting me and for some unknown reason, the mod did name me after the actor and not the character. No, I don't know why, but, there isn't an Eddie for him to claim to be looking for. Even if the mod screwed up on my role and didn't mean to use Meatloaf instead of Eddie, I still can't figure out what a good role would possibly want with finding me, as I am the doctor. It seems much more likely that he's hunting me to kill me. (Though I'm not sure how that would work either, as then the mod would have had to have told him that I was the doctor, in which case she'd have used my role name, surely.)

To be quite honest, I don't like being lumped as a team with DP, as I have nothing to do with him, and am only a little more convinced he's innocent over Fishbulb.

Go look back, Fishbulb, see how adamant I was about lynching the townie that decided to claim doctor. I was not playing around with my vote for a reason. Also go look back at how I reacted when you claimed to be hunting me.

I'm not sure what else to say, except that I am the doctor, you have to believe that, at least. The rest falls into place after that. (Why would I lie about my role?)

Oh, and Fishbulb, why would I have come out and admitted my mistake about you and WW? I could have used her saying she'd failed a kill on you as a reason to push your lynch today if I were evil. :?
Tam
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:21 am

Post by Carmine »

Right, I'm going to wait for Narninian to answer, and then place a vote.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 2:32 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Alright. I want to believe you, but the Meatloaf vs. Eddie thing is too odd. However, let's think about this a second. What if they are the same? Slip-up by mod, or weird twist yet to be discovered, who knows? But at this point I am willing to concede on the Doctor bit.

As for me "hunting" you, does that make any sense to you? I am trying to "find" you because of suspicious note. I came to see if you were okay and to try to help. I sincerely doubt that I would be capable of killing anyone, especially Eddie/Meatloaf. If I had any clue that I was out to kill you, wouldn't I have asked for you to come as early as possible?

Let's take a look at the situation. You say you are Meatloaf. I am looking for Eddie. No one has died from me checking them out, so let's do that tonight. From recent revelations (i.e., no real cop), I am starting to think that me finding you will turn me into a cop. Maybe that's the set-up. I am looking for Eddie and when I find you, I focus my attention elsewhere and become a cop. I think it is worth a shot. While I am not quite gung-ho about trusting you 100%, I figure it's most likely the case that if you are scum, you will kill me tonight anyway, so what've I got to lose?
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 3:06 am

Post by Narninian »

Well I don't have a special role either - I'm just another party-goer I like to dance but not dance alone.(hence my roleblocking).

I have to read up some more- I think I got a little lost.
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 10:08 am

Post by Narninian »

Unfortunatetly I will have limited access until Sunday evening/ monday.(I have a funeral to attend)

just to restate - I am a roleblocker - I blocked carmine night 1 - I thought I'd see if she was the serial Killer day 1 - Im not sure of who is scum so I wont vote til I get back.
The extra in is for /in
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:11 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm, I don't know if you're gone yet, but if not-

Did you not block anyone else? Just Carmine Night 1?
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by Tam »

Meh.
Unvote
for now.

I am not sure about this any more. I can see that the mod may have screwed up and called me Meatloaf, not realising that this would occur. A lot of people know him by sight and I've had friends talking about the movie refer to 'Columbia and Meatloaf'

I must say, btw, Columbia is my favorite character and I'm very sad she wasn't (apparently) in the game.

Plus the fact that Fishbulb, aside from the Eddie/Meatloaf thing, doesn't seem very scummy. In particular, what strikes me as being decidedly protown is his insistence that we shouldn't mass roleclaim. I can't see any reason at this stage in the game for a scum to 'not' want a mass roleclaim.

And yes, Fishbulb, I have been *very* wary of you, too. I protected you that night and thought to myself that it was probably the dumbest thing to do.

But, arrrgh. I just don't know.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 1:48 pm

Post by Tam »

Bah, triple post. Sorry, just remembered I never voted for Fishbulb to begin with.
:oops:

Another thought just hit me, too.

Looking back over the last day, I realised I'd forgotten that DP cleared me with his cop stuffs. Now that I'm back to not knowing what to think about you two, I'm wondering if that wasn't a very sneaky way to get the support of a townie in the vital lynch today.
Tam
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 6:20 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, I've done a read through, and was wondering if Dragon Phoenix is who you protected on Night 2. Cause if so, then that would clear both you and Dragon Phoenix, since there wasn't any deaths from night 2, unless of course mafia just decided to not kill, which most likely is unlikely.

My suspicions are obviously not on Tam any longer, as she is the only one who is claiming doctor, and that is after everyone had already claimed something different to begin with.

About that comment that you made earlier Carmine, on how you wouldn't think that a townie would be with a role name, that is because Riff Raff isn't just a plain boring townie. I am also a back up doctor who only has the chance to protect once the original doctor has been killed. I wanted to be completely sure that someone else had been a confirmed doctor before I decided to reveal myself in hopes that things would come together for me.

As to my guess who scum is, my only options are Fishbulb, Carmine, and Narninian. I thought that it was Tam there for a while, but she seems to have a pretty good cover for herself, and Fishbulb was next on my list, but there is no telling now....

Sorry, that it took a while for me to post again, but I've been trying to do a thorough read through before I posted again, so I guess that would be my bad.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 8:11 pm

Post by Tam »

Damned good job with that. Good eye! I think we have a winner.

I protected DP on nights 1 and 2, and Fishbulb on nights 3 & 4.

So, we are down to Carmine, Fishbulb, and Narninian. I'm going to leave you off the list right now, Nanook, as you seem sincere and have helped us out considerably.

Since DP has investigated both me and Fishbulb, and says he got innocent for me, and guilty for him, I'm going to take it that Fishbulb is in fact guilty after all.

(Wait, Narninian, who did you target on night 2? I didn't take that into account.) :?
Tam
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2004 10:24 pm

Post by Narninian »

5am gotta go soon but I had 5 minutes to check the board- I didnt block anybody except on night 1 - I was going to block fishbulb last night but I missed the deadline.
The extra in is for /in
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2004 2:39 am

Post by Tam »

OK, works for me. DP is confirmed, and confirmed as being a sane cop through his investigation of me, and says that his results for Fishbulb came out bad.

Vote Fishbulb

*sighs with relief*

I was so scared Narninian would come back saying he'd blocked someone night 2 and we'd be guessing again.
Tam
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2004 3:33 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Vote: Fishbulb
... This is my best bet I suppose.