(NSFW) Mini 1882 - TPTG Mafia 1.5: The Fappening (NoWins)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1497, Cheetory6 wrote:except if kuroi/snarky break up their partnership. and then all of a sudden jaqen can partner them when there's under 24 hours left and there's no time left for anyone else to partner. 3 dead town. scum wins. it's a limitation of the setup but it would result in a scum win.

Kuroi and Snarky weren't town though
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

That's the point? Kuroi/Snarky break up their pairing with Rach/Fire. Jaqen snags them up right before deadline expires. Rach/Fire/Me/Podo all die. Scum wins.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1497, Cheetory6 wrote:except if kuroi/snarky break up their partnership. and then all of a sudden jaqen can partner them when there's under 24 hours left and there's no time left for anyone else to partner. 3 dead town. scum wins. it's a limitation of the setup but it would result in a scum win.
If the rules weren't abusable in this respect, I trust that our moderators would have given us the win that's justified. Since they are this abusable, I trust that the moderators would have drawn the game in the case that scum did appropriately break them.

So yeah, I'll accept the draw, but it's still fundamentally incredibly disappointing that this couldn't be resolved in a way that was
"fair"
to everyone involved.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1436, Firebringer wrote:I was converted last night to the scum team.
Oh, yeah, now that the game is over and what I'm saying can no longer be misinterpreted as gameplay, this is explicitly breaking the site-wide rule to "play to your win condition."
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Sometimes playing with a variety of people means you need to be able to parse when people are clearly joking.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1504, Cheetory6 wrote:Sometimes playing with a variety of people means you need to be able to parse when people are clearly joking.
The scum team had one player who fake claimed day cop, spoke in the third person, and scumclaimed so that he could insult the moderators and their game inside the game thread, one player who continually pretended to not understand the same one rule over-and-over again, and one player who was completely absent. Then we have a town player who explicitly refuses to read the rules at all, literally never once took a single game action, and in one of the most tense moments in the game claims to have been converted to the scum team.

Enough stupid stuff had happened in this game that nothing was clearly a joke any more. Scum was openly saying things which could not feasibly be true coming from any sane human, so when a member of town does the same thing, and the joke is an explicit scum claim, yeah, it's not really acceptable to me.

Like, I'm not gonna call it cheating, because cheating requires you to
intentionally
break the rules, but it's absolutely breaking the rules.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

I was converted to the scum team.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

Mods please confirm that I was converted to scum team
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1506, Firebringer wrote:I was converted to the scum team.
We're not playing a game any more, so your joke no longer severely hurts your team's ability to win the game, so that's cool.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1508, podoboq wrote:
In post 1506, Firebringer wrote:I was converted to the scum team.
We're not playing a game any more, so your joke no longer severely hurts your team's ability to win the game, so that's cool.
My joke never did hurt my teams ability to win.
Show

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Sometimes town fakeclaim. Sometimes town lurks. Sometimes town does stupid as shit stuff with roles. You can call it bad play all you want, but joking like fire was here is not something that should be punished by the moderator.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Firebringer »

I mean I agree that I should have read the rules, and I did skim it but apparently that wasn't enough for me to grasp the concepts.
But I told mods before I replaced in that I probably wasn't going to read anything before my sub in.

I wasn't that interested in this game besides just helping to fill a empty slot.
The flavor was kind of....idk made me uncomfortable so that was weird for me to read.
Show

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:30 am

Post by RachMarie »

I know I was pretty absent but I did try both with flavor and with gamesolving.

Granted it took me a while to really read through all the stuff in the OP, but in the end, I gambled on being able to count both of them as one to help cuck Jaq and it did work.

I did not know if both were scumz, but I knew one was, and I did not want to take a chance on them teaming up with Jaq.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1510, Cheetory6 wrote:Sometimes town fakeclaim. Sometimes town lurks. Sometimes town does stupid as shit stuff with roles. You can call it bad play all you want, but joking like fire was here is not something that should be punished by the moderator.
The disconnect is that it wasn't taken as a joke (at least by me). My problem was if it was a SERIOUS scum claim made as town, not a simple joke.

As a joke, I think it was inappropriate at the least, but as a moderator I wouldn't intervene or take any punitive action beyond potentially disallowing the player from entering some games I run in the future.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 am

Post by kuribo »

I felt like Kuroi and Snarky were super obvious after they spent all of day 1 calling each other scum and then paired up. Especially repeatedly. It didn't help that the entire scum team literally complained about "unfair to scum" mechanics in open thread right in front of the town. Like, I'm sorry you feel that way about the addendums on Day 2 etc, but they were intended from the setup phase to ensure the game remained balanced. Honestly, the idea of an evolving mechanic is something I've always liked (see also: Bipolar Mafia), and while it doesn't always pan out, it can help keep things interesting.

Anyway, back to my first point: it's like I always say: every scum looks obvious when you already know who they are.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:47 am

Post by RachMarie »

Joke can go awry. I was in the 42 player role madness that Wake started and had to be finished by his backup mod, and we had gotten all the scumz on both sides it was down to town plus the 3rd party sk. There were no kills at night, we were in MYLO two days in a row, I was sick as a dog living on cough syrup, and narna joked he was the sk, and without thinking about it I put a vote on him and there was already a vote on him that I missed because I was not thinking straight, and well the SK jumped in and hammered and town lost.

TBF Elise did a very good job as SK, and even though I had been sure it was her, being sick, and being still amazed I was still alive (I was the last of the 3 mason team and we had been outted on DAY ONE). It was why I was being protected those two nights and why I was not killed. A50 was a nurse and became the doc when our doc died, and he played his role perfectly by protecting the confirmed townie.

I just was so tired and so sick by then meh.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am

Post by kuribo »

But for real, unless I can get FakeGod and DGB on board to start planning Uncouth 2 relatively soon, I'll probably do Murdermania next

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:50 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1514, kuribo wrote:I felt like Kuroi and Snarky were super obvious after they spent all of day 1 calling each other scum and then paired up.
They were. And Jaqen was almost more clearly scum after his claimed results ended up being false. If the town team can know for certain who the scum team is, and still not wrangle together a lynch on them because of the game mechanics, you can't argue the game is unfairly town-sided.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:50 am

Post by RachMarie »

that would be cool I would love to play with you and DGB and FG as mods that would rock.

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:51 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1515, RachMarie wrote:Joke can go awry.
It doesn't help that Firebringer only referred to it as a joke almost a day after the original comment had been made. Also, context matters.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:48 am

Post by shos »

Thanks for the game. It was enjoyable, especially in the start. Everything that was supposed to be said about the setup has already been said, so, eh.

I have to praise Jaqen for fooling like, everyone, about the cop thingie. That was brilliant.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1517, podoboq wrote:
In post 1514, kuribo wrote:I felt like Kuroi and Snarky were super obvious after they spent all of day 1 calling each other scum and then paired up.
They were. And Jaqen was almost more clearly scum after his claimed results ended up being false. If the town team can know for certain who the scum team is, and still not wrangle together a lynch on them because of the game mechanics, you can't argue the game is unfairly town-sided.
To be fair, in order to fulfill the "and nothing can stop this from happening" clause scum would have had to kill literally every townie. Thankfully the mods realized this and didn't plan on enforcing that part. I wish I had realized they didn't intend to, but from that mindset~ while town was set up to take heavy losses, there would have been no way for you guys to lose because even if we outnumbered you 3:2 those 2 would just pair up and strand all 3 scum.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1502, podoboq wrote:
If the rules weren't abusable in this respect, I trust that our moderators would have given us the win that's justified. Since they are this abusable, I trust that the moderators would have drawn the game in the case that scum did appropriately break them.

So yeah, I'll accept the draw, but it's still fundamentally incredibly disappointing that this couldn't be resolved in a way that was
"fair"
to everyone involved.
Abusable? It was quite frankly the only control scum could have in this game. Town decided the day. Town decided the night. Scum never once nk'd. I'll accept the draw because I have to, but by all rights had the game not been meddled with we would have had a flawless victory and it was no easy task in setting it up to get FOUR of you guys into the failed pile in the first place. That took threading the needle within the needle, but all anyone sees is 'bah that would have been a bs win'.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1494, T-Bone wrote:I thought I made it clear. The game ended in a draw because I didn't give Jaqen the chance to get out of the lynch that he should have had. (but that ended up being the flaw in the mechanic itself). On Day 2 saying no put you into the fail pile, but on Day 4 I didn't do that to Gork to speed up the day. At the end of the day it remained Jaqen, Gorkington, and Shos. Jaqen could not pair with either player because of his kinks, and rather than waiting around for either him to fail and reset, I just sped up the situation in which he could have failed. He did have the opportunity to convince another pair to break up, and that was the chance I didn't give him.
No, that's not it at all. With Gork and Shos both going to the fail pile as had previously happened, it was a GUARANTEED scum victory right then and there. This is how:

Snark/Kuroi were paired with Rach/Fire. They "Turkey Baster" and all 4 go to the failed pile. I'm the only still actively searching for a partner player.

Then we play a waiting game until there's less than 24 hours left in the game day (if planned on 2-3 minutes) and I pair with Snarky pulling her and Kuroi from the discards just as the day ends leaving you guys no time to pair.

I'm sorry and no disrespect to anyone, but I worked my ass off from the moment I entered the game to set this up, and set up it was. But T-Bone didn't see that possibility. No hard feelings because to err is human. Scum still earned the victory and it's a shame that isn't reflected in the end game results.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

T-Bone- it wasn't a "chance". It was a guaranteed victory. Scum was paired with the other pair who needed to be stranded for us to win. That wouldn't take any convincing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”