alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 am

Post by alban »

In post 48, PranaDevil wrote:My vote on alban was legit. Didn't like how he tried to make out socrates' reveal was bad. It's a role that severely hinders town, and thus us knowing it's there aids us in the knowledge of what could happen. I think a scum.in that role would be better off keeping quiet and letting confusion reign down. Especially if he was still alive late game and, say, a confirmed cop type was investigating someone and got random blocked. Then town could mislymch because of it.

By announcing it, we're prepared for things, the information helps the town massively, as opposed to if we knew nothing.
Sure. Agreed. My comment was more as a player than as a townie who wants to win at any cost. I wanna have fun. So Socrates could have maybe claimed a lil later in d1.

2 things surprise me about you, dwlee and others who are voting for me based on my comment:
- how readily you are accepting socrates's claim, and how less inclined you are to question his claim.
- you are unable to explain how my comment is scummy for you to want to vote for me. Socrates might be town, but why is scummy to ask him to withhold role info for a few more calendar days?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It is a negative utility role, you claim it in your first post, full stop. Unless you have extremely good reason to, you have to do it in your first post, it is like a miller. That isnt even why Im voting you, though, Im voting you because who the heck asks "Are we still in RVS?" outside of your first games.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It is like you were trying to alleviate pressure on your slot by asking any question to seem useful.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:33 am

Post by alban »

'Like' being the operative word. Conjecture.
I didn't feel any pressure. So there's no question about alleviating it.
Your arguments are quite juvenile.
VOTE: dwlee
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I can easily answer why it's scummy.

You hope people will vote for him, and get rid of a roleblocker that might screw the scum over, thus rather than let him get to night were he may hit one of the mafia, get rid of him early on.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 42, alban wrote:I am being wagoned too.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I would argue that is feeling some type of pressure.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

tbh this doesn't seem that different from alban in the JK9++ i modded, so idk if its really scummy of him to do this.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

WAIT A MINUTE
HE WAS SCUM IN THAT GAME
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:25 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 59, Randomnamechange wrote:WAIT A MINUTE
HE WAS SCUM IN THAT GAME
THE TABLES HAVE TURNED
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Socrates »

Alban is more interested in having fun than in playing well.

Scum hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see the winds of the town.
Young town try to comment on claims like mine because they feel like it's important, so they should say something.
Old town hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see how I follow up. Am I just trying to get people to read me, or am
I
looking for reads?

At least one of the players voting Alban is scum.

Prana's is the strongest articulated vote. Dwlee is applying pressure as he should, but Alban is making it easy for him so that doesn't mean much.

@Gin: Do you think Alban is scummy, or just being dumb?

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 61, Socrates wrote:Scum hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see the winds of the town.
Young town try to comment on claims like mine because they feel like it's important, so they should say something.
Old town hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see how I follow up. Am I just trying to get people to read me, or am I looking for reads?

Uhmm, non sequitur?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

That entire post is one. Your vote on not mafia is completely out of nowhere, your claim that there is scum on alban is out of nowhere.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 59, Randomnamechange wrote:WAIT A MINUTE
HE WAS SCUM IN THAT GAME
So vote him?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 62, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 61, Socrates wrote:Scum hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see the winds of the town.
Old town hang back from a claim like mine and watch to see how I follow up. Am I just trying to get people to read me, or am I looking for reads?

Uhmm, non sequitur?
Here are the winds of the town: Alban said something stupid about my claim. POUNCE! Scum didn't vote me, they voted Alban. There's a light chance that he's very flighty scum that said what he said, but that makes it even more likely that one of his buddies would make sure to get a vote on him early.

I am looking at the players that are surrounding the wagon and prodding at them. This isn't that complicated.

Note that Not_Mafia was the first to vote Alban. Silently.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 65, Socrates wrote:
In post 62, Dwlee99 wrote:

Uhmm, non sequitur?
Here are the winds of the town: Alban said something stupid about my claim. POUNCE! Scum didn't vote me, they voted Alban. There's a light chance that he's very flighty scum that said what he said, but that makes it even more likely that one of his buddies would make sure to get a vote on him early.

I am looking at the players that are surrounding the wagon and prodding at them. This isn't that complicated.

Note that Not_Mafia was the first to vote Alban. Silently.
Scum voting you would be like voting someone for claiming miller: That is dumb.
Not mafia wasnt the first to vote alban, bork bork was in response to alban wanting to wagon someone. Not mafia did naked vote him, but Im hard pressed to say that means he is scum, regardless of alban's alignment. I have seen town naked vote plenty of times (and have done it myself, especially at the beginning of games.)
The players on the wagon are bork bork, not mafia, prana, menno, and me. Not mafia naked voting him making him scum seems even less likely when you consider bork bork's reason for a vote and menno's joining the wagon in response to alban saying there was a wagon on him (and knowing menno probably in a joking way.)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

And based on experience a few times being scum and getting voted early, depending on the other scum players they can hop on at any time. I remember the one time my scum buddy hopped on my wagon with a short little post as the 5th or 6th vote, I think where the vote is is completely NAI, and arguing it is optimal for scum to hop on early is irrelevant when you realize that people do not play optimally as any alignment.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Jaack »

While I wasn't in love with the initial reason that people were voting alban, posts and make me feel much more comfortable with that wagon.

The points alban brings up in are kind of irrelevant. No one is treating socrates claim as gospel truth really and there's not all that much to question about it. Furthermore alban's 'questioning' about it seems pretty directionless. His initial concern () seems more concerned with fun than alignment related stuff. (I do actually have a question about socrates' role that I'll get to later)

The second point in is pretty bad too. Alban doesn't ask prana to explain his scumread further, he just assumes that prana can't and goes on the offensive. This is deflecting more than anything.

is more deflecting. Multiple people had at that point offered reasons for scumreading alban, so to say he feels no pressure is a cognate disonance that conveniently avoids addressing the points people brough up.

I'm not sure if alban is at L-2 or L-3 right now so I'll hold off voting until we get a count (I'm also too lazy to do one myself) but consider my vote to be there in spirit.

@socrates - Are you informed who you roleblocked?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Alban is L-2
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 66, Dwlee99 wrote: Scum voting you would be like voting someone for claiming miller: That is dumb.
Not mafia wasnt the first to vote alban, bork bork was in response to alban wanting to wagon someone. Not mafia did naked vote him, but Im hard pressed to say that means he is scum, regardless of alban's alignment. I have seen town naked vote plenty of times (and have done it myself, especially at the beginning of games.)
The players on the wagon are bork bork, not mafia, prana, menno, and me. Not mafia naked voting him making him scum seems even less likely when you consider bork bork's reason for a vote and menno's joining the wagon in response to alban saying there was a wagon on him (and knowing menno probably in a joking way.)
I must admit that I missed that Bork Bork was voting him, but that's really just an empty RVS vote before the point I'm talking about. Not_Mafia was the first to respond to Alban's post with a vote.

And yes, naked voting is not inherently a scum tell. I essentially naked voted Not_Mafia myself*. I was testing to see how he would handle the reciprocation. How serious is the vote? How self-conscious is he about it? Is he present and lurking as the wagon grows or just hasn't looked at the thread since his last vote? Yadda yadda yadaa. If he appeared and I liked what he said, I was planning to move my focus onto Menno. But that's all pretty much moot now that you've drawn attention to the vote and poo-poo'd it.

*Further note that Prana also naked voted Alban very soon after, but Prana then followed up and said more.

Gin and Tonic is also here, hanging out around the wagon. He +1'd Prana's reasoning to vote, but kept his own where it is and I don't believe he has said much about Alban's alignment. Hence the direct question.

This wagon is at L-2 and you directly asked another player to put their vote down on Alban and now another player has appeared and is about to vote. How happy are you with this? Are you really pot-committed on Alban being scum at this point? Enough to put him in claim territory?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yep, I am.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 68, Jaack wrote:While I wasn't in love with the initial reason that people were voting alban, posts and make me feel much more comfortable with that wagon.

The points alban brings up in are kind of irrelevant. No one is treating socrates claim as gospel truth really and there's not all that much to question about it. Furthermore alban's 'questioning' about it seems pretty directionless. His initial concern () seems more concerned with fun than alignment related stuff. (I do actually have a question about socrates' role that I'll get to later)

The second point in is pretty bad too. Alban doesn't ask prana to explain his scumread further, he just assumes that prana can't and goes on the offensive. This is deflecting more than anything.

is more deflecting. Multiple people had at that point offered reasons for scumreading alban, so to say he feels no pressure is a cognate disonance that conveniently avoids addressing the points people brough up.

I'm not sure if alban is at L-2 or L-3 right now so I'll hold off voting until we get a count (I'm also too lazy to do one myself) but consider my vote to be there in spirit.

@socrates - Are you informed who you roleblocked?
Only scum would benefit from knowing that information today, so I'm going to play that close to my chest for now. (They need to know if I'm a potential excuse or a potential threat)

You hold off on voting for a vote count, but you sound like you planning to vote him regardless of what it turns out to be. Am I correct?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

After about 100 posts or so I'll start to get down and dirty, right now I've been floating around a bit chilling with RVS. I've got a special role and I'm trying to keep on the low profiles so i dont die at night >_>
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »