Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1471, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 1465, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 1461, Kmd4390 wrote:So I'm back from the NASCAR race, but working 16 hour days five of the next seven days. I can't catch up right away but will put serious time into this game Thursday and should be able to do better after that. If anyone wants anything addressed, I'll be around off and on for the next two hours or so and will check forposts after this one.
Do you have reads?
I do. My ISO should give you a pretty solid idea of them. If not, my top three picks for scum are Ginngie, Prism, and maxwell (now leon). Top three town are camn, spiff, and cary.
I really don't like your Prism scum read. Bear liked your Prism vote, but I didn't. It felt easy and fabricated. Bad arguments, and very subjective. And then it seems like you stick with that scum read just for the sake of it.
In post 417, Kmd4390 wrote:
Prism wrote: Any questions for a drunk Prism who presumably is more sloppy as scum or more genuine as town now's your chance
This feels manipulative. Like someone who is more in control than they are letting on and trying to get people to town read them.
This is kinda ridiculous. You're accusing him of being scum and pretending to be drunk (or drunker) to get town read. I don't think Prism's ISO is so devoid of content that you'd have to reach this low to back up your scum read.
In post 934, Kmd4390 wrote:
Prism wrote:As far as me being drunk the night of my birthday, sorry but I don't play it up and pretend to forget that a backspace key exists
like other people.
You're right-I was well in control; but it really doesn't matter how much I've had, it's a true statement. I wasn't playing up my drunkenness, only stating that it wasn't like my play was going to tighten up. It's an invitation to interact, not to townread me. Decide for yourself how control I was in then.
I don't know you aside from this game and the bolded is why it stood out. People WILL do that.
Then he answers your accusation and your reply is "ok, but people do that." There's no reflection from your part on whether or not Prism is that kind of person, nor does his answer seem to affect you in any way. You just stick to what you said. Prism's "drunk" post was manipulative because some people do that kind of thing. That's a terrible argument.
Prism wrote:Yeah that was a pretty good post from kmd. I think you're offtrack on Ginngie, but this is my 3rd rodeo of hers so I'm used to it.
I actually don't like this. Without reasons why you like it, it seems like you either went "oh a lot of words" or "the guy who hasn't been here posted so it's good" and it comes off as trying to say what you think a general consensus would be rather than a genuine thought.
You even manage to scum read Prism for liking your post. Did you think it was so unlikely that your post would be liked (it happens sometimes)? Why didn't you ask him why he liked it if your problem was the lack of an explanation? Instead of fabricating reasons say how him liking your post makes him scum.
Prism wrote:Can you explain the desire to lynch Spiffeh? I still see basically no real reason behind it. Closest I've seen is his lack of reads, but I don't see much reason to think there's this immediate, AI need for that.
This is where I am on the Spiff wagon. People act like it's the obv lynch and definitely a scum lynch, but I don't get why.
You also shared a common position with your scum read on the Spiffeh subject. How do you feel about that?
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 am

Post by VNB National Plan »

In post 1471, Kmd4390 wrote: I do. My ISO should give you a pretty solid idea of them. If not, my top three picks for scum are Ginngie, Prism, and maxwell (now leon). Top three town are camn, spiff, and cary.
I don't think your ISO is clear about what you think at all which is the problem. Like..

"Well Ginngie's explanation on that has since changed to late night posting and effectively trolling. My best guess is that it was an attempt to show a lack of fearof being wagoned because it might be associated with a town Ginngie but I'm still confused by it."

You don't sound like you think she's scum.
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9540537#p9540537]post 1477[/url], Shadoweh wrote:
In post 1462, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 253, VNB National Plan wrote: Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth.
At first this quote only bugged me because it was vague and used to back up a vote, but now, knowing Ashoka was Aristo, now I really need to know what you meant with it.
PV: We're really not happy with the way you keep misrepping us about this. First of all this was not the basis of our vote or scumread, his posts in the thread were. We've clarified this a dozen times. Secondly as Ginngie said, Ahsoka actually turning out to be Aristo means literally nothing alignment indicative; there is no way I could have known that as town or scum. Thirdly it's not like I could have been lying about what I was saying because ITS IN ARISTO'S SIG it's right fricking there if you were actually looking for it.

Kmd: 'My best guess is that it was an attempt to show a lack of fearof being wagoned because it might be associated with a town Ginngie but I'm still confused by it.' Also, bella says there are way too many linguistic qualifiers in this sentence - 'guess' 'might' 'confused'. You don't sound like this is a legit read either way. You sound like you're posting words. The rest of the post has nothing in it either, it looks huge but this bit is it? Nothing you given moves the game forward in any way. "YOU'RE GIVIN ME NOTHING!"
<.<
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Ginngie »

I wonder if Shaddoweh is playing this game or bot
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Prism »

I'm not feeling too hot at the moment, both personally and about how things have been going for me online lately, but it's time to get back on the ball. I'm not letting my anxiety get the best of me. It's time to shine.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1477, VNB National Plan wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9540537#p9540537]post 1477[/url], Shadoweh wrote:
In post 1462, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 253, VNB National Plan wrote: Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth.
At first this quote only bugged me because it was vague and used to back up a vote, but now, knowing Ashoka was Aristo, now I really need to know what you meant with it.
PV: We're really not happy with the way you keep misrepping us about this. First of all this was not the basis of our vote or scumread, his posts in the thread were. We've clarified this a dozen times. Secondly as Ginngie said, Ahsoka actually turning out to be Aristo means literally nothing alignment indicative; there is no way I could have known that as town or scum. Thirdly it's not like I could have been lying about what I was saying because ITS IN ARISTO'S SIG it's right fricking there if you were actually looking for it.
And I'm not happy with the way you dismiss my questioning as misrepping and tunneling. The basis was "her posts are terrible"; "Terrible as only Aristo makes me feel" is a vague comparison which I have no context to; only clarified a few posts ago when you linked me to the specific game you thought Scum-Aristo was "terrible". It never even occurred to me to look into other players sigs to understand what your posts meant. No one is accusing you of knowing the alt; yes, it means nothing, if you thought she was as terrible as Aristo before knowing it was him, you'd think the same after the reveal.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Ginngie »

Did you just admit knowing the identity meant nothing?

Because I see literally nothing in what you're pushing?

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1481, Ginngie wrote:Did you just admit knowing the identity meant nothing?

Because I see literally nothing in what you're pushing?
OMG, did I just.

I've been trying to understand where they were coming from with their Ashoka vote. I'm not pushing anything. They have more or less cleared that for me, I just have to take a look into the game they linked.

Moving on.

Vote: Kmd.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Ginngie »

I still don't get any concern you had, it doesn't make sense to take issue with.

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1483, Ginngie wrote:I still don't get any concern you had, it doesn't make sense to take issue with.
I didn't like their vote. I didn't think Ahsoka's bad posts were especially scummy. Thus my concern. If you still don't get it then Idk what more to tell you.
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:02 pm

I tried to explain it to you four times when you asked in Day 1 and posted a more clarified reason his posts were bothering us here. :( I don't think it's unfair for me to say something is tunnelly when you've been asking me about this one post since I made it yet seem to forget I've stated my piece multiple times (Was I talking to the other head before?) Bella's a good influence on me being able to explain my thoughts instead of going postal like I would have by now.

It's extra frustrating because we appear to agree on other things besides whether we can stand each other!
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Ginngie »

So you didn't like their vote, yeah I get that, makes sense, but how does Ahoska being Ari tie into anything?

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1485, VNB National Plan wrote:I tried to explain it to you four times when you asked in Day 1 and posted a more clarified reason his posts were bothering us here. :( I don't think it's unfair for me to say something is tunnelly when you've been asking me about this one post since I made it yet seem to forget I've stated my piece multiple times (Was I talking to the other head before?) Bella's a good influence on me being able to explain my thoughts instead of going postal like I would have by now.

It's extra frustrating because we appear to agree on other things besides whether we can stand each other!
You tried, but it didn't become clearer. The first answer you only reiterated how her posts were terrible. The second time you said she was bad scum lurking (I guess now I can see how you'd think that explains why her posts are terrible, but I think lurking would be one thing, terrible posts another), and you brought up people being caught up in Ginngie's self vote which confused me even more because I didn't (and still don't) understand how it related to Ashoka. I questioned you, you replied again, not giving me any answers. I gave up and decided to give it some time. This has been the same head, Bear signs.

Yeah, we do agree on some stuff. And I like your tone in general; and if I didn't think you were being genuine with your answers (even if not the ones I wanted), I'd be really tunneling you - this is just regular questioning/interacting to me.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1486, Ginngie wrote:So you didn't like their vote, yeah I get that, makes sense, but how does Ahoska being Ari tie into anything?
Ahsoka being Aristo means it was a direct comparison (even if they didn't know it was him). It inadvertently became a meta argument. Whereas before it was just a comparison between two different players. Comparisons are more subjective - Ahsoka's terrible posts reminded them of Aristo; ok - it could have been a feeling, it could have been a cheeky way to make her posts look even more terrible. Now, knowing it was Aristo meant I could confirm it.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Ginngie »

that sounds a lot like an ends justify the means type of argument tbh

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Ginngie »

which is a fallacy

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by camn »

ok. I gotta get organized here.
this is more for me than you people.. but here it is.

camn
- obv town
NoticeMeSenpai
- also town
Caryatid
- 99% town

Imperium
- I am reading town.. as always. Nacho is certainly good enough to fool us. But I think town.

At least one scum in these 3:
VNB National Plan
- this whole trifecta is bothering me
Polar Vortex
- for real..
Ginngie
- why so argumentative?

the other 1 or 2 here....
Kmd4390
- I like him as town..but I might vig him for sport if he doesn't get more into it.
Prism
- could be scum for reals
Leonshade
- coming off the lurker maxwellslot. please post lots
Spiffeh
- Improved I think. I'll hash this slot with mastina today. gameday.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by camn »

Also- open question..
was Heartless the nightkill?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by camn »

ah.. I guess so. They weren't a BODYguard.. but a Doc, yes?
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1489, Ginngie wrote:that sounds a lot like an ends justify the means type of argument tbh
How?
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:59 pm

That's a terrible reason to say one of us is scum, camn.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by camn »

no it isn't.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by camn »

Also, you should know.. your FACE is terrible.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1497, camn wrote:Also, you should know.. your FACE is terrible.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by nancy »

Last edited by nancy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”