Mini 1939 - Organization XIII (Game Over)

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by nancy »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat THAT WAS NACHO!?!?!?!?!
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Omfg.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I didn't guess while I was alive but it made sense to me.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Nacho is on the bottom of the circle of werewolf and hasn’t figured out how to move to the left
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by nancy »

It does make sense yeah he's just the last person I expected to be a player in this game.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by nancy »

Also I'm humiliated that he witnessed yet another emotional avalanche and replace out from me.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Wowzers
Nacho, Ceph, ffery, RC and nancy town.
Yeah there was no way scum was getting out of this one lol.

alban can go on my list of people I'm not playing with again. Neato.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3311, nancy wrote:hi jingle i've never heard of you before lol apparently you're good at scum? i thought you were thor because of all that notthor stuff lmao
Eh. I'm good at scum, but not amazing. Mostly just looks that way cause I'm pretty much the king of tunneling townslots when I do end up as town and cause mastin's seen pretty much every one of my best scumgames firsthand. :P I'm just not really easy to lynch as either alignment in general.

I played regularly from my join date til late 2015 and was active on site, but flaked due to some RL problems. I'm back now, though I doubt I'll ever get back into the habit of playing 3 concurrent games. Notably I used to in for every game Anti ran and had a few semi active hydrae.
This is a Parachute.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 am

Post by nancy »

cheet you forgot to include cheet

how are you finding acclimatizing yourself back to mafia jingle? can talk with you about why i scumread you if you want feedback or anything over pms. do you prefer scum?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Of course the guy who I immediately take a liking to is Nacho.
Sorry for replacing out, everyone— I abhor doing that.
I don’t know why my or how mind is messed up, but I legitimately could not tell anyone’s avatars or names apart, and it was making me so, so frustrated.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:56 am

Post by fferyllt »

I had the same problem distinguishing players because of the similar avatar styles and names. It made it really hard to keep track of who said what, which slots looked scummy, etc. That was part of the reason I decided to just make assumptions about who the mains were. Even when I was wrong, it still helped me map the posts to the players and develop some reads. By the end of my first game day (day 2), I had a fairly good idea of who said what and I didn't have to constantly go back and look at isos to find something I thought a player had posted, to be sure I wasn't misattributing.

I wonder if I would have had as much trouble if these had all been ordinary alts that the players created for themselves.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Can we see the PTs?

Idic
IV Vexen
IV Vexen
Goon
IV Vexen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:30 am

Post by IV Vexen »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=72954

Anti gotta deal with permission, but that’s the link
The Chilly Academic
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 am

Post by nancy »

Summary of my PT with Axel:

Zexion: Hi how do you feel about my post-restriction
Axel: Don't worry I'm not going to vote you anymore
Zexion: Wut
Zexion: Can you pass on some messages for me? PS I'm a Neighborizing Delayed Cop
Axel: Why did you say I was misrepping!?
Zexion: cuz u were but dw it doesn't mean ur scum
Axel: You're nuts
Zexion: Okay I think you're town
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Sorry about the bad performance in this game. The roleplaying was fun, but it was never my intention to hide behind it, it was just a bad time for me to be playing mafia in general.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

Pshh. You were like, the best part of the game. Legitimately asked Anti if you were him and TTH under a post restriction cause you were so awesome.
This is a Parachute.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Heartless »

scum pt has been made public
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 102, mastina wrote:Zexion, I honestly might be able to beat in a fight. But Zexion is nancy. I.e., my girlfriend. That's not a fight I ever really WANT to win. And it's a big "if" RE: beating her in a fight. To beat her in a fight, I'd have to also be beating RadiantCowbells. And while Xigbar-Zexion is a mutual scumread for the whole game fight, they are ALSO smart enough players to recognize if both are alive in lylo, it's because they've been in a game-long TvT. In short, while the theory behind it may be solid, the practice is that I'll basically lose this 10/10 times especially if it's 4p mylo rather than 3p lylo. (The fourth name would be likely to point out the TvT.)
Spoiler: i guess all that work i did paid off
nancy wrote:
In post 492, II Xigbar wrote:I feel like you should know better than to think that I would be scum here. I don't want to fight you. I feel like you should know that I don't want to fight you. I don't think that I'm forced to fight you here: my position is absolutely fine and while I don't have a 100% chance of getting the lynch that I want through I was in absoultely fine standing. Conversely, with my 100% read claim I'm either bussing, in which case you can lynch with me and question why I wasn't nightkilled later, or I'm about to lynch town while claiming that and be instantly torn apart given -reasons-. Why would I not take this opportunity to make a point about how much better my way (ie bussing) is than your hard defending stance? Why would Axel be worth hard pushing a mislynch to keep alive? I do hard defend in games, occasionally, with players like _________ who are worth it or __________ where I had literally no other options. But this isn't one of those games. And frankly you know better than this: every time I've rolled scum in a game with you I've put you in my townpile and attempted to pocket you. That isn't some magical coincidence and it isn't an aspect of meta that I would change for strategic gain, I do it because it is the strategic gain. I have had a really fucking strong showing in terms of pocketing my friends in general this year and it both makes the game far more enjoyable to cozy up to you and gives me far more control over the game when I have influence over you. Say this is all part of a long protracted play to manipulate you, sure, but I think that you know better than that and with Axel refusing to vote Xaldin despite calling him scum and him trying to push the vote on you I would think that if you were town your conclusion would be that we're both pushing scum rather than that I'm scum hard defending Axel here, and I don't think that I'm wrong.
THIS IS ALL TRUE BUT I'M TRYING TO TUNNEL YOU TO KEEP YOU ALIVE SO
nancy wrote:Like fuck why does he have to go and be so genuine in thread and people townreading him and shit it's not helpful at all
nancy wrote:I really just... don't know how to signal to Xigbar here at all that I'm pushing him to try to keep the nightkill off him. The best ways I can think of doing it would involve citing meta and I obviously can't do that. I don't know how to speak to him in code in a way that he'll understand and no one else will; I keep feeling like I don't have the heart to keep pushing him because I'm afraid it's making the game unenjoyable for him but I can't give up at this point trying to make it happen otherwise it would've all been pointless and he'll definitely die.

ARG

What to do
nancy wrote:Wow I was like this close to just giving up and apologizing to Xigbar and telling him that I townread him, I even had it typed out and in preview and I changed it at the last second.
:P
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Xemnas: Is probably Cheetory. Innocent Child, possibly with some sort of self-watch/self-voyeur mechanism attached. With Lexaeus dead, a viable kill. With everything we know, the one and only role left which could be a watcher/protector of some kind is Marluxia. Thus, the "safe" play is to kill Marluxia first. However, to be honest...I don't think we can win by playing safe. We HAVE to take risks here. Some risks, we can't afford (see below), but this is the game-changing risk I think we absolutely need to take. Cheetory is a good player. He is in a role which is confirmed town. He could have something else also making him a threat but those two factors alone would be reason enough.

I realize it's a move which could fuck us over but we really don't have much of a choice here. Xemnas can't be mislynched. Xemnas can and is influencing the town in a way which is extremely +EV for a town-win. No townbeard IC here. Not even remotely close. This is an IC doing IC play as an IC is SUPPOSED to do it. We need to take the shot. We'd need to take it anyway N4, but I need it done a night earlier.
I'm inordinately happy about this analysis!

Idic
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Pretty sure a game ending isn't eligible for 2018 scummies
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

^game ending in 2017
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”