Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1574, Nosferatu wrote:oh i see what you mean

going into the night (4) i didnt think my switch was off

i submitted and action and the mod said "lol what are you doing"
and i said i submitted a toggle and assumed he didnt see it or forgot

which is why at the start of the day i was tryna call him out cause i was like "dude wtf"
Except twice in the game already you claim you had notifications from the mod saying your switch changed, so no notification and you expect us to believe that you thought your switch status changed?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Creature, I'm ready for a hammer whenever if you want.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Creature »

What did you think about Nos' responses?
Sigh
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Somewhat plausible. There were times when I wanted to submit a night action but procrastinated and I can see him forgetting about it even though he was active on site. It's a little shady but I still think IAI's gambit and the crumb from Fitz outweighs that pretty heavily.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1575, I Am Innocent wrote:Except twice in the game already you claim you had notifications from the mod saying your switch changed, so no notification and you expect us to believe that you thought your switch status changed?
the night before he hadnt so i assumed he wasnt bothering anymore rather than that he was only sending messages when it switched
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I hope I'm not getting conf-biased here. Nos' push on Mazomis was super-bad and Mjollnir pointed out the biggest reason why. I don't know how he just out of the blue decided to vote Mozamis and retro-actively came up with a case despite not having read the thread and his night actions are somewhat dubious. But I still can't see why he'd just vote Keychain if he's scum when he had no reason to believe that IAI was gambiting and would think that a Keychain lynch would end the game with IAI JK'ing him and getting an extra mislynch. I think IAI scumreading Keychain but avoiding pushing there and trying to get us to lynch Nos fits more with scum motive. I can't understand the town logic behind it despite IAI explaining it a couple of times. @IAI - have you done a similar gambit before as town where you lie to achieve some objective? I also thought having no objections to my hammering Keychain was weird. If he wasn't sure between Keychain and Creature, he'd have objections to potentially ending the game. If he was sure, he'd be more willing to lynch Keychain and not refuse to even consider lynching from the Keychain/Creature pool entirely.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Then there's the matter of Fitz's crumb. Why would he randomly state that he had questions for someone? That would just be a weird post. Then there's Kunkstar's previous game where he wanted at least one scum to have a high priority and game balance-wise, if all the scum have low-priority that screws them over. But take my balance-analysis with a grain of salt as I think most setups are townsided. Then there's interactions with Keychain where it seems like she was buddying Nos by calling him nearly conf-town and telling him to pick the order while bantering with IAI about him calling her a horse, treating him as nearly conf-scum, etc. While the scumteam could be going all out here, Key saying "me and Nos are the only ones to buy Fitz's crumb" fits better with IAI-scum than Nos-scum. There was also a protracted tunnel on Nos and Nos' reaction to it was genuine with no pushback on Keychain at all - I think scum would be tempted to do some mild distancing there. Then there's Formerfish's interactions with IAI that looked partner-y and IAI not catching Flubbernugget playing the same way he did in a previous scumgame is concerning. IAI hard-pushing two obvtown and leading their mislynches is also worrisome for a player of IAI's caliber and I'm not sold the application of "Syndesis tell" without considering the context. IAI in Musical Mafia also pointed out that Aj The Epic's lack of paranoia on him despite having a great scumgame was a reason he was scum. But flipping it around and pushing Mozamis simply for being paranoid doesn't sound like something IAI would do as town. I was hoping IAI was town here but every angle I look at it, the evidence all points to him as the final mafia.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: IAI

There it goes.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Creature »

Sorta disappointed town didn't massclaim earlier, but atleast this game could be played in a different way.
Sigh
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Nosferatu »

ayy we win lets go
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: Final Day Five VoteCount ::

I Am Innocent (3) -
Nosferatu, BlackVoid, Creature
[Lynched.]

Nosferatu (1) -
I Am Innocent

Lynch has been reached at 3 votes.

Modscene forthcoming....
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I Am Innocent,
Mafia Rolecop
, Priority 1, Lynched Day 5.

The Town of Mini 1942 has won!
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Additional Threads:

Mafia Discussion
Dead Discussion

Modnotes:

First off, apologies to all players involved, especially the mafia team, for not properly vetting my setup before putting it through signups. This is my first game back from a hiatus so I thought I would just run something I had already done with a little twist to keep it fresh so I wouldn't go off the deep end for this one but I broke a lot of rules for basic open setup design by trying to just do a straight conversion. Hopefully most of you still managed to enjoy the game despite those issues. Secondly, I apologize again for my handling of the scumslip situation, I made that a lot more complicated than it needed to be. Evem if I don't think it ultimately changed the outcome of the situation, I regret the bump in operation it caused.

As for actual game play...being scared of handling the mechanics put town in a much tougher spot than they needed to be! No priority claiming, no holding anyone accountable for who they turned off/on, lots of opportunity left on the table. I think the town needed someone experienced with the prior version to help pass on the possible benefits that could be gained from such things. As it were I think it mostly played out as a basic game of mafia more or less. Maybe that speaks to the design of the mechanic, I'll have to consider the implications for future designs I may do.

Thanks everyone for playing, special thanks to all the replacements, good luck in the rest of your games.
Welcome to the Network.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Congrats town on the win. BV, I wish someone else would have replaced in Lol!

Said my apologies in the mafia thread, but I'll reiterate them here. I made awful choices, and had my teammates make awful choices too, so this loss is on me. I hate making excuses, but the open setup had me so flipping scared throughout the whole game!!!

Thanks kunk for modding, your setups always are fun!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Creature »

There's a possibility this setup would work if nobody claimed at all (even if at L-1).
Sigh
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I have a lot to say. I do feel bad for the scumteam. When I read the setup closely, I initially thought I was missing something because six PRs in a game with a completely open setup was ridiculously townsided. Not to mention the Flubber's scumslip in thread made it impossible to come back from. Really impressed that they continued fighting against impossible odds. I honestly thought there was going to be a lot of complaining in the scum thread but then I saw none of that and just being supportive. With that said Kunkstar, I like the idea for the setup - would have been great as a closed game, especially if you modified your previous setup and ran another closed game.

I thought Keychain was very convincing and would have been very hard to catch if not for being in a cc with Creature. IAI was fantastic, left me unsure even when the evidence was stacking up. Way too many scum players tend to just get toxic and pass it off as good scumplay so it was great to watch
real
good scumplay for once. I think both of you would have easily endgamed in a more balanced setup with a similar playerlist.

On the town side, I'll say it again, great job Mozamis! Those were the best D1 reads I've seen anyone have in a while. Aubrey's reads were pretty on point too.

Also, @IAI, when I replaced in, I was actually hoping you were town here too and we'd lynch scum together again but unfortunately not.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1590, BlackVoid wrote:Also, @IAI, when I replaced in, I was actually hoping you were town here too and we'd lynch scum together again but unfortunately not.
Yeah was banking on some friendshipbias but alas I should've known better with you lol.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Keychain »

Congratulations and good game town!

IAI stop stealing all the credit for the loss ;-) you played well and were our strongest asset, you have nothing to apologise for. I should have CCed LUV and I absolutely should have fought harder on that day, but that's on me. I checked with Fitz and the Chick thing was a legit crumb, so you especially don't need to feel bad for that! The gambit turned out to be a mistake though.

We were already in a bad position but BlackVoid's replace in was the death knell for scum :lol:
BlackVoid wrote: I thought Keychain was very convincing and would have been very hard to catch if not for being in a cc with Creature.
Yup, that was a bad decision. Thank you though!

And thank you so much for modding kunkstar!
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Keychain, out of curiosity, why did you abruptly stop pushing Nos D2? I was considering the possibility of it being scum theater but decided against it and am wondering if I interpreted it right.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Chickadee »

Am sad now I was only killed for the hider crumb.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Keychain »

Sorry Chick, you would have been a good mislynch <3 It was nice to play with you again though!

BlackVoid wrote:@Keychain, out of curiosity, why did you abruptly stop pushing Nos D2? I was considering the possibility of it being scum theater but decided against it and am wondering if I interpreted it right.
In post 1514, BlackVoid wrote:Keychain spent most of the early D2 tunneling him, and then he broke down completely ( and ) and then Keychain unvoted. It's hard to see all that as theater. Looks more like Keychain was tunneling a townie and backed off almost because she felt bad ()?
Very accurate. I was trying to get into a nitpicky kind of fight iirc and Nos's reaction completely threw me. I felt bad, yes, but I also had no idea how the reaction would come across to the town, and if continuing to push them after that would be too stubborn.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Aubrey »

GG Peeps. Fun game. :)
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum