Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

Mini 1955 - Perpetual MYLO III

Moderator: fferyllt
Backup Moderator: GuyInFreezer
Game Design by Max

Current Points:

Town: 3

Mafia: 2

Player List

Miu Iruma
Not_Mafia

Wisdom
Kaede Akamatsu
Mulch Carcalilly

Maki Harukawa
Wickedestjr
Lycanfire
Dunnstral
Michael22Omega Brian Skies

Viomi
acidphoenix

Shuichi Saihara
UC Voyager

DiamondSentinel
Chara
kunkstar7

Spoiler: Alive
Maki Harukawa
Shuichi Saihara
Chara

Spoiler: Dead
Viomi,
Mafia
, was lynched on
Miu Iruma,
Town
, was killed on
Wickedestjr,
Mafia
, was lynched on
Wisdom,
Town
, was killed on
kunkstar7,
Town
, was lynched on
Dunnstral,
Mafia
, was killed on
Lycanfire,
Town
, was lynched on
DiamondSentinel,
Mafia
, was killed on
Kaede Akamatsu,
Mafia
, was lynched on

Spoiler: Modkilled
Let's not go there

Spoiler: Votecounter Settings
living playersKaede Akamatsu (replaces Mulch; Carcalilly)
Maki Harukawa
Shuichi Saihara (replaces UC Voyager)
Chara

links

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

Setup:

Twelve player open theme setup
Five Mafia vs. seven Town
If the town successfully lynches a Mafia player on a particular day, then the Mafia team kills a Town player that night. However, if the town lynches incorrectly, then the Mafia team has to sacrifice one of their own the following night.
Town wins if they lynch three mafia goons before they mislynch three times.
Mafia wins if they can coordinate a mislynch three times before three of their members are lynched.
Essentially it is a match for three out of five.

Town Role PM (7 Players receive this role):

Welcome!

You are
Town

Each day you may vote for a player that you would like to lynch.

If a mafia-aligned player is lynched, then the mafia will night kill a town-aligned player the following night.
If a town-aligned player is lynched, then the mafia will betray and night kill one of their own members.

You win if and only if the town lynches three mafia goons before three mislynches have occurred.

Please confirm your role by replying to this Role PM with your alignment.

Mafia Role PM (5 players receive this role)

Welcome!

You are
Mafia

Your four partners are NAME A, NAME B, NAME C, and NAME D.

Each day you may vote for a player that you would like to lynch.

If a mafia-aligned player is lynched, then you and your team mates will choose a town-aligned player to lynch the following night.
If a town-aligned player is lynched, then you and your team will betray and night kill one of your own members.

During pregame and night phases, you and your partners can discuss the game and who you want to night kill in this private thread (LINK).

You win if and only if three mislynches have occurred before three of your members have been lynched.

Please confirm your role by replying to this Role PM with your alignment.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

Rules:

In-Game Behavior

Site Rules are in effect. Please familiarize yourself and adhere to them.

2. Posts consisting purely of insults without game content are not tolerated. I penalize such posts with a strike. Three strikes and you're out. Severe issues will be reported to the listmods.

3. Claiming scum is allowed. Claiming scum with another player (whether as a joke or not) will result in highly unpleasant consequences regardless of alignment.

4. Loophole abuse is not tolerated.

5. Have fun!

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form
Vote: Player
- bold tags

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
or

VOTE: Player vote tags

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or else they may not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful. Please note: I'm using an automated vote counter.
If you don't use the vote tags, be sure to add a colon after the word "Vote".

2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted. Please note: the vote counting application may be more finicky about nicknames than I am. If you notice that your vote hasn't been recorded, please let me know.

3. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of living players/2) +1, rounded down.

4. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no lynch. If this happens ONCE, the Mafia will be required to No-Kill on the following night. If this happens AGAIN, then the Mafia will get to make a Kill the following night.

5. When the hammer vote is cast, all players, including the lynched may talk freely until the final vote count and lynched player's card-flip have been posted. I will lock the game thread at that time.

6. When you are hammered, on the following day, you may make a "bah" post with no game-relevant information. Nothing more.

7. Deadlines are set at 14 days and extensions will only be given in extreme circumstances.

8. Night deadlines are set at 48 hours.

9. I reserve the right to add a few hours here and there to make deadlines fall during waking hours for US Pacific Time. Night deadlines will be arranged so that an entire night phase does not fall on a weekend.

Prods and Replacements:

1. Prods will be given if you do not post in
48 hours

2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod by making a substantive post within 24 hours, or you need to be prodded 3 times total. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time, but the less you request, the happier your mod is. Prods requested when a player has been absent for less than 48 hours do not count for replacement purposes.

3. If you're V/LA (vacation/limited access), make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I suggest requesting replacement, but that's not required. If a lengthy V/LA is adversely affecting the game (e.g., if you are not able to post minimally during that time), then your mod may replace you without penalty.

Misc.

Dark Blue
(#004080) is the color I will use for mod posts. Please don’t use this color or otherwise try to make your posts look like mod posts.

2. You can talk about the game in the private threads given to you via PM, assuming you were given one. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of this thread, and don't talk about other games inside of this game. This is a sitewide rule. See announcement here.

3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, writing in code, etc...

4. Don't quote mod-recieved PMs. Paraphrasing is permitted.

5. I make mistakes. If you notice I make one, please let me know.

6. Questions are vastly preferable to Modkills. If you're thinking about doing something that you're unsure is within the letter or spirit of these rules, the site rules and the game of mafia, then tell me about it first so I can let you know if it's ok or not.
Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

Role PMs will be sent out shortly.
Please confirm by replying to the role PM with your alignment in this game. Once 10 of 12 players have confirmed, Day 1 will start.

I will update this post as we progress through the Pregame Confirmation Phase, and send a pm to all players once the game begins.

Role PMs are out.
11 of 12 players have confirmed.

Day 1 will start shortly!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-1
Day 1 Begins!

Not Voting
(12): Lycanfire, kunkstar7, acidphoenix, DiamondSentinel, Brian Skies, Wisdom, Maki Harukawa, Chara, UC Voyager, Carcalilly, Wickedestjr, Not_Mafia

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: November 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-11-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Wisdom has 48 hours in which to post before I must seek a replacement.
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

FIRST

VOTE: UC Voyager
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

UNVOTE:

OMGUS
VOTE: UC Voyager
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Wisdom
lonely and unconfirmed.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

this game feels extremely scumsided mafia controls EVERYTHING a lot of lynches most likely won't happen without bussing if we ever lynch a mafia mafia will just kill whoever is playing the best on town or someone to wifom give credit if we lynch town mafia just kill whoever is playing the worst on there team or someone to make another mafia member look towny all in all this game is basically set up for mafia to get to 3 way with someone in the best spot and 2 towny people they think they can beat. This feels hugely scumsided.

VOTE: Chara
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

wait. i need to check the rules to make sure it doesn't say you cant self vote unless it is a hammer
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Not_Mafia
Wisdom
Carcalilly
Maki Harukawa
Wickedestjr
If I was a dentist which tooth of yours would I pull?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 8, Maki Harukawa wrote:this game feels extremely scumsided mafia controls EVERYTHING a lot of lynches most likely won't happen without bussing if we ever lynch a mafia mafia will just kill whoever is playing the best on town or someone to wifom give credit if we lynch town mafia just kill whoever is playing the worst on there team or someone to make another mafia member look towny all in all this game is basically set up for mafia to get to 3 way with someone in the best spot and 2 towny people they think they can beat. This feels hugely scumsided.

shouldn't you have known this before joining the game? i don't know what side the mechanic favours, but i'm excited to see the differences from a normal game.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 11, Chara wrote:
In post 8, Maki Harukawa wrote:this game feels extremely scumsided mafia controls EVERYTHING a lot of lynches most likely won't happen without bussing if we ever lynch a mafia mafia will just kill whoever is playing the best on town or someone to wifom give credit if we lynch town mafia just kill whoever is playing the worst on there team or someone to make another mafia member look towny all in all this game is basically set up for mafia to get to 3 way with someone in the best spot and 2 towny people they think they can beat. This feels hugely scumsided.

shouldn't you have known this before joining the game? i don't know what side the mechanic favours, but i'm excited to see the differences from a normal game.
I didn't really think about it when I joined I thought about it after thinking on the set up a bit and prayed I got mafia. Oh well
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Chara »

forcing the scum to kill their own gives us opportunities for more interactions as well. i think scumhunting will be a little different, but i joined partially because interaction-based hunting is something i'm both not very good, and would like to improve on.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Just take a look at the previous games of this setup. If it were too unbalanced I'd doubt we would be at III. Actually I think the idea of forcing scum onto their own lynches is probably not a problem. What are they going to do, refuse to lynch? That's going to be reaaallll town looking...
Welcome to the Network.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I was involved in the first two runs of this setup. The most unique thing is the betrayal mechanic when mis-lynches happen.

In this particular game, quick-hammering is safe for scum because they get a point and the team can just sacrifice whoever it was that cast the hammer vote. That actually happened in the first game. So the normal logic of "scum won't quick hammer because we'll lynch them tomorrow" just doesn't work here. L-1 voting a townie is actually very dangerous.

Vote: kunkstar7

It's been a while :wink:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Chara »

i hadn't thought far enough ahead to consider that, thanks.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Scum can plan for other scum to go down at any point of the game like scum A can say "I'll die Night X so I'll try to set it up so scum B looks good" I don't think it's that big a deal as you think.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

dun dun dun

VOTE: carcalilly
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Chara »

so then you look for fake interactions. that hasn't changed. i don't like starting games with the idea town is likely to lose.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

I'm not going to keep preaching that "it doesn't matter we're gonna lose" I'm saying it's going to be a challenge compared to other set ups.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

It's three out of a five. Don't be shit at mafia and you win.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Interesting wordchoice as well.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Hiya folks. I'm back from a long hiatus.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Except none of you really know me, so I don't know why I'm saying I'm back.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”