Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

Re the conversion to LYLO, I'm looking forward to Wicked's thoughts. His iteration of the setup changed that aspect of the game.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:44 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3174, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3169, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Dunno the game felt way more townsided than scumsided to me.
But I replaced in the middle of day 1 so what do I know.

Doesnt feel like the town needs any extra help to make it LyLo without issue.
In this iteration of the game, I think the various decisions to powerbus on day 1/2 really hurt scum. But, I think scum not bussing at all would also highlight the team to some extent. There's a middle path somewhere in all this.

When Nacho and I hydra'd in the second game, Nacho hoped we'd draw scum because he thought the setup was quite winnable and would be a lot of fun.

I was soooooo relieved we drew town.
I'm not sure it was a decision so much that Brian decided to sheep wicked completely.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3176, DiamondSentinel wrote:so much that Brian decided to sheep wicked completely.
This never happened.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

What do we want? Mafia PT!

When do we want it? Some time in the future!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:17 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3178, Lycanfire wrote:What do we want? Mafia PT!

When do we want it? Some time in the future!

Idic
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Congrats town! :wink: You guys were pretty scary to play against. Everyone was voting scum at the end of day 1. :eek:

I don't regret my decision to bus DiamondSentinel in and of itself, but I definitely pushed him too aggressively - probably more-so than I would have as town. It seems like Not_Mafia and Wisdom caught on to that and that wasn't a promising way to start the game. Sorry team.

As far as the setup goes, I still really like this setup and would definitely play again. Personally, I'm fine with the playing the game as is even if town has a mathematical disadvantage. But if balance is an issue for people (maybe that's why this game took so long to fill up), then maybe PM IV could explore a slight alteration in the mechanic. Another idea crossed my mind: Perpetual LyLo... 6 scum, 7 town, town need three out of six lynches to win. This way the setup can still be run as a mini game. And three out of six lynches is easier for town than three out of five lynches (36% as opposed to 24%). Doesn't have the same ring to it as 'best three out of five' but if you add some equity for the game dynamic (as we discussed a little bit in the dead thread), this might be pretty balanced.

Spoiler: math
TTT = 0.0932
TTST = 0.0500
TSTT = 0.0480
STTT = 0.0466
TTSST = 0.0266
TSTST = 0.0256
STTST = 0.0249
TSSTT = 0.0240
STSTT = 0.0233
SSTTT = 0.0224
TTSSST = 0.0133
TSTSST = 0.0128
STTSST = 0.0124
TSSTST = 0.0120
STSTST = 0.0117
SSTTST = 0.0112
TSSSTT = 0.0107
STSSTT = 0.0104
SSTSTT = 0.0099
SSSTTT = 0.0093

Total: 0.3551

As for the LyLo discussion, I'll have to check the rule set that I used. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh okay. I guess the unique thing about PM II is that it incorporated plurality voting. I did allow for no-lynch in that game, but I suppose I didn't want it to happen more than once (Max didn't either). I think multiple no-lynches could cause the game to stall.

I also liked giving scum the option of making it LyLo if town decides to no-lynch.
-Wickedestjr
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3182, Wickedestjr wrote:I also liked giving scum the option of making it LyLo if town decides to no-lynch.
This is a good point.

Idic
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oh and thanks for the game!
-Wickedestjr
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

full disclosure: when i was in the game i thought brian / michael was town and kunk was scum
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Acidphoenix :lol: :lol: :dead:
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”