Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

In post 170, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 169, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 119, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 103, Wickedestjr wrote:So first you say I made the post as a gambit. Now you're saying I did it for no reason. Which is it?

If you are town and you really thought that I was doing a gambit, then I still don't see why you felt the need to try shutting it down. There was absolutely no discussion happening at that point, so to say that my gambit was getting in the way of something or slowing down the game is just unreasonable.
You were doing a useless gambit for no reason it's not one of the 2 it's the same. As I already said it was very clear you were doing a useless gambit and normally if you did this on page 20/30 (as I already said) this would be fine but you're doing it on page 2 where people have 0-5 posts you don't know all the scum nor do any other townies it's just asking for random names at that point and doesn't help what so ever. That's why I shut it down.
At this point I can't tell if you are pretending to not understand what I'm saying or if you actually don't see what I was attempting there.

A gambit is... "a device, action, or opening remark, typically one entailing a degree of risk, that is calculated
to gain an advantage
."

So if you really think it was a gambit, then it doesn't make sense for you to also believe it had no purpose. How can you say "it was a useless gambit for no reason" ? The desired 'advantage' in this case was that it would cause serious discussion to begin.

Fwiw, it worked out very well the last time that I did it: discussion started and I correctly scum read 2 out of 3 scum shortly after doing it.
VOTE: Wicked

I don't need to tell you why my read on you has changed, do I?
yes you do
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 145, Wisdom wrote:dont care about games i wasn't in
C'mon man. I literally linked to the exact posts. It would take you 30 seconds to check those. Lazy. Or do you not care about actually sorting me?
Wisdom wrote:and yes, ds can do that as town - evidently you arent familiar with him and you think hes pushable lynchbait
I'm familiar with DS and, based on my experience, I believe that he would do suspicious-looking things as either alignment - that doesn't mean he should always be un-lynchable. He still draws scum 5/12 of the time and I've explained why I think he is here, so this is a lame way to undermine the wagon. His behavior surrounding his acid phoenix read is the scummiest thing that's happened in this thread and, even for someone with a play style like his, I can't see it being town.

How would you expect him to behave here as scum?
In post 155, Wisdom wrote:kunk trying to get his buddy wicked townread i see
Okay so you are scum reading me now. What changed since you called me your weakest town read?
In post 166, Wisdom wrote:I didnt recall that he was called out, that just makes the overexplaining scummier
The biggest reason I'm voting Diamond is for something that happened after I was 'called out'. And that post looks like overexplaining because virtually nobody else does
any explaining
. Sue me for trying to actually persuade people.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 154, kunkstar7 wrote:
Can be lynched:

UC Voyager
Carcalilly
Not_Mafia
Brian Skies
Maki

Don't like anything coming from these, mostly from the fact that their contributions are nonexistent. Brian Skies willingness to lynch "lynchbait" doesn't really mesh with his concerns about lining up lynchpaths.
Are you scum reading any of the people that
are
contributing?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 171, Chisa Yukizome wrote:why are people making serious reads over arguing about word definitions
Wrong.
acidphoenix wrote:question to the people arguing against the list

do you actually believe the list has 3 town in it or just arguing on principlr
The problem with your idea is that it is not relying on the evidence that future flips will provide. That's going to be huge.
-Wickedestjr
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

explain the "gambit" argument then

part 2 is fair but not pointing it out until AFTER more people reacted would be nice

but

I can't talk about things like that can i
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 169, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 119, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 103, Wickedestjr wrote:So first you say I made the post as a gambit. Now you're saying I did it for no reason. Which is it?

If you are town and you really thought that I was doing a gambit, then I still don't see why you felt the need to try shutting it down. There was absolutely no discussion happening at that point, so to say that my gambit was getting in the way of something or slowing down the game is just unreasonable.
You were doing a useless gambit for no reason it's not one of the 2 it's the same. As I already said it was very clear you were doing a useless gambit and normally if you did this on page 20/30 (as I already said) this would be fine but you're doing it on page 2 where people have 0-5 posts you don't know all the scum nor do any other townies it's just asking for random names at that point and doesn't help what so ever. That's why I shut it down.
At this point I can't tell if you are pretending to not understand what I'm saying or if you actually don't see what I was attempting there.

A gambit is... "a device, action, or opening remark, typically one entailing a degree of risk, that is calculated
to gain an advantage
."

So if you really think it was a gambit, then it doesn't make sense for you to also believe it had no purpose. How can you say "it was a useless gambit for no reason" ? The desired 'advantage' in this case was that it would cause serious discussion to begin.

Fwiw, it worked out very well the last time that I did it: discussion started and I correctly scum read 2 out of 3 scum shortly after doing it.
I'm gonna drop this given we seem to just be in disagreement and we both got what we wanted out of this so hey win win.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 176, Wickedestjr wrote:
Wisdom wrote:and yes, ds can do that as town - evidently you arent familiar with him and you think hes pushable lynchbait
I'm familiar with DS and, based on my experience, I believe that he would do suspicious-looking things as either alignment - that doesn't mean he should always be un-lynchable. He still draws scum 5/12 of the time and I've explained why I think he is here, so this is a lame way to undermine the wagon. His behavior surrounding his acid phoenix read is the scummiest thing that's happened in this thread and, even for someone with a play style like his, I can't see it being town.

Familiar as in one game, in which I was a SK/3P?

Yeah, that's just flat out not-true. You haven't seen my town game, you haven't even seen my mafia game.

Next time you lie like that, at least make sure that it's not something that's checkable by a simple ISO
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 179, acidphoenix wrote:explain the "gambit" argument then
The point of my argument wasn't to define a gambit. I felt like it was contradictory for Maki to call it both a gambit and an action that I did for 'no reason' because a gambit, by definition, is something done with a specific purpose in mind. That's the point that I was making.
acidphoenix wrote:part 2 is fair but not pointing it out until AFTER more people reacted would be nice

but

I can't talk about things like that can i
Sorry. I obviously don't know you very well.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 181, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Yeah, that's just flat out not-true. You haven't seen my town game, you haven't even seen my mafia game.

Next time you lie like that, at least make sure that it's not something that's checkable by a simple ISO
Familiar as in this isn't my first game with you.

I never said that I had seen your town game or mafia game. So what am I lying about? Maybe read my post again.
-Wickedestjr
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 183, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 181, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Familiar as in this isn't my first game with you.

I never said that I had seen your town game or mafia game. So what am I lying about? Maybe read my post again.
1 game does not make you familiar, in the slightest, and you should know this. You're trying to gain credibility when you've no idea what you're talking about.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I'm impressed by your ability to fit so many exaggerations into one line. Not even gonna bother with debating things with you anymore, though.

It is becoming increasingly clear that you are scum and I don't trust Wisdom for his defending you.

Your vote for me doesn't make any sense considering:
-you were town reading me like 24 hours ago
-you think I'm stupid
-you were voting acidphoenix before, who was 'quite obviously scum' even though you couldn't provide a reason as to why

Now you're voting me (which implies I'm more than 'quite obviously scum') even though you were reading me as stupid town not too long ago. And you still are unable to explain your vote for me, even when people asked. Instead you're continuing to twist my words and distort everything.

Let's also put it this way: even if you are town, (which is a 10-15% chance in my mind), I'm terrified by the prospect that I would have to rely on you at some point two or three days from now. Because the way this setup works, all of the town-aligned players are going to have to be on the same page when we get to the
actual
MyLo - meaning it only takes one townie to screw it all up. If you are town, then you have been consistently unreasonable.

TL;DR - I don't foresee myself changing my vote today unless something really special happens between now and deadline.
-Wickedestjr
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: LycanFire

I've read 2 pages, Lycan is scum, I can just feel it,
Wicked also looks scummy
Diamond's writing style comes off super fake, but could be because they're freshly back and still settling in

More later
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 176, Wickedestjr wrote:C'mon man. I literally linked to the exact posts. It would take you 30 seconds to check those. Lazy. Or do you not care about actually sorting me?
Reading posts out of context does nothing for me
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: wicked

ive seen enough
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I don't understand that Wisdom. I could accept you thinking DS is town, but it doesn't make sense for you to be so confident, that I'm scum for attacking him. I've justified my position and you've done nothing to help me see that I'm wrong other than say "DS is lynchbait" which is a shallow critique. Is DS only lynchbaity as town? How does he play as scum, if this isn't it?
In post 187, Wisdom wrote:
In post 176, Wickedestjr wrote:C'mon man. I literally linked to the exact posts. It would take you 30 seconds to check those. Lazy. Or do you not care about actually sorting me?
Reading posts out of context does nothing for me
The posts I linked are both on page 1. There's zero context.
-Wickedestjr
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-7
DiamondSentinel
(3): acidphoenix, Wickedestjr, Brian Skies
Wickedestjr
(3): UC Voyager, DiamondSentinel, Wisdom
Lycanfire
(1): Not_Mafia
kunkstar7
(1): Chara
acidphoenix
(1): Maki Harukawa
Chara
(1): Carcalilly

Not Voting
(2): Lycanfire, kunkstar7

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: November 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-11-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

Lycanfire has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Chara »

i'm reading now, glad there isn't a lot. quick kunkstar ISO has me happy with where my vote is.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

I don't really have much to say at the moment given the posts going on.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mod: I'm V/LA Friday through Sunday. Will be limited to phone posting.
-Wickedestjr
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 123, Wickedestjr wrote:All of Lycan's questions need to be answered immediately? :neutral:
No. I found it interesting that group 2 was more talkative.
In post 123, Wickedestjr wrote:That reminds me. I need to answer . @Lycan- if you were a dentist, you would probably pull one of my
wisdom teeth
because I still have them.
Thanks. There were a few reasons why I asked that specific question. Between Acidphoenix and myself bringing up group dynamics, my lone RQS doesn't have much teeth left.

Group A: Dentist/teeth
Motive: Establish personal imperfections or guilt.
Interesting quirk: Wisdom is in the game. Asking the group with Wisdom in it had the potential to get
him
to think about why. He doesn't seem to care.

It's outcome... Failure. Your answer is spoiled by the discussion Acidphoenix and I had previous to it. Anything said after that goes into the trash heap.

SUCCESS BY OTHER MEANS:
In post 20, Maki Harukawa wrote:
I'm not going to keep preaching
that "it doesn't matter we're gonna lose" I'm saying it's going to be a challenge compared to other set ups.
Maki admitted that they were actively being defeatist in their first three posts. That's the guilt aspect. So is Maki rightfully guilty? Yes. There's an interesting dichotomy here if whether admitting this is townie, but with consideration to her posts previous she only made this comment as a result of the ones it took to get there. Verdict: while it wasn't the plain self realization I was after, Maki really dragged on their own play here. Felt like Reasonably Rational in Steven Universe 2 pre-game.

In all I would put her in the scum pile. Her associatives are snooze-worthy, and she isn't set up to be lategame scum. Given the odds on an already scummy slot, I would lynch this day 1 in absent of anything better, if only due to the odds of the lynch being well placed in this setup.

Group B: Good at mafia
Motive: Offer a loaded question. See who wants to call me on it.
Interesting quirk: I deliberately left out UCV to round out the numbers, to see if he or anyone else would pick up on it. Given the question it was meant to be inflammatory.

It's outcome: ... It got people talking? Diamond quickly called bullshit on it, which was acceptable behavior. I think the willingness to laud about oneself in this scenario rather than question my motives to be scummy. Chara lands into scumpile.

Overall objective: split people up into two groups, two subgroups, and ideally, get someone to rail on me for starting RQS in an RVS meta, to further observe group dynamics. I suppose nobody really cares about the latter bit.

Going to VOTE: Wicked for now, for being in the trash heap. What they have going for them: some idea of group dynamics mattering (gambit). Against: that early macho act about being in a previous game/pointing out an obvious quirk. reads like scumstration - it's a hilariously disingenuous question. The following post does no favors either, going back to establishing a role of authority, and, after plainly shutting down Acid, for an otherwise perfectly valid reason, when they themselves had previously probed a similar possibility earlier on!

I thought I would let everybody know that I have an otherworldly power that allows me to detect bullshit. I would love,
love
to go over the numerous times I've found a little detail that put me over the edge and made me feel like I was no longer on the same planet anymore. Instead I'll restrain myself, pull myself together and share the following in hopes that at least one other person can be as detached from the living world as much as I am:
In post 100, acidphoenix wrote:
think the lynch list is the best way to play this cause you get wolf reactions
In post 101, Lycanfire wrote:Acid, if I'm town and you're town there's five other townies you can try to convince with that pitch. If you want to let the cat out of the bag this early, you're losing a large part of the power behind your pressure.
What do you see happening next?
In post 102, acidphoenix wrote:the thing about the pressure of this

is that given the setup

the wolves can't just rationally do it

because you can read on opposition to it

I think right now that list has 3-4 wolves a vast majority of the time
(i don't think it's ever the full team though)

if I'm right, wolves
have to oppose it

yes, there is some wine

but opening the cask was always a necessary step for the game
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:This seems like something you shouldn't have explained until after people had had a chance to react. The WIFOM is stronger now.
In post 106, acidphoenix wrote:
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:This seems like something you shouldn't have explained until after people had had a chance to react. The WIFOM is stronger now.
well if lycan didnt ask I wouldn't have had to

>_>
The proverbial cask was unleashed prior to my question, and I only asked the question because the idea of approaching the game based on group dynamics became a bust. Wicked was happy to play the fool here, while Acidphoenix humored him, threw back some listerine and spat out an alternate universe. Acid is 100% a lynch on a Wicked scumflip.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:41 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Momma didn't raise no shitposter. This is a sequel.

I mentioned Wisdom earlier on and how
I thought
he might care about a post and how I cared about how he may care.

Trust me, this is leaving shitpost territory and hitting some heights really quickly.

Early on nobody seemed to care about Wisdom actively screaming that they're likely wrong about their reads. I'm going to play some 5D chess and townread this: certainly this is the lowest of the efforts to actually push, making it prime S+S real estate to build a shitpost upon. Instead we had a reply like Diamond being so very close to seeing the nuance in it before having it taken away like all the toys his parents never let him have as a child.

Later on, I made a purposely inflammatory post in re: Acidphoenix play, and Wisdom followed up by caring little for it, and rather than affirm my beliefs in any way he immediately scumread me for it while townreading Acid. I never disclosed my read on what I implied as AI play, and realizing that Wisdom, someone I perceive as similarly inquisitive as I am would not take the bait, I dropped the matter and shared my read on Acid.

This nuance was not left on me when Chara townread me for zero progression in my reads in . Chara and I have played a few games together, and I'm suddenly weighing whether they should know better to townread me for
those specific posts
against Chara's seething need to townhunt somebody. It's like bringing a baseball bat to a football game. You're not thinking with your feet, Chara!

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 am

Post by Chara »

take pity on me, i just woke up to go to the dentist and lycan has now dragged me twice. i said 'might be town', cut me some slack!
...i really will finish reading once i get back.

i am confused, though. the posts i townread in were an issue with acid, followed by a rollback to saying they were town. were you not calling them possible scum in the first post?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 198, Chara wrote:were you not calling them possible scum in the first post?
My very first thought was that acidphoenix was at the forefront of the game and that was suspicious because that wasn't what I expected of him. That could be because he has
four teammates
that he knows by name. My next thought was that nothing he was saying was actually suspicious, and he was approaching the game the same way I had been. If I were to slice his interaction with Wicked out of my brain he would be my strongest townread.

By the time I made either of those posts my mind was made up. The key detail is Wisdom not having any of it, and if he wouldn't, nobody would insert themselves into that conversation, so immediately putting my own comment down was the best play. Having anyone severely miss the point (pursuing group dynamics is good) is a scumclaim in this scenario.
In post 198, Chara wrote:take pity on me, i just woke up to go to the dentist and lycan has now dragged me twice.
You're not making it any better for yourself :down:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”