Mini 1966: A Howl At Midnight Blitz (Game Over)

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

what if maki is scum
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Kidding
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

tsk...
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Twilight Approaches
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count
Maki Harukawa - 5 (Kokichi Oma, Dunnstral, randomidget, Desperado, drealmerz7)

Kokichi Oma - 1
(Wh4t)
Wh4t - 1
(Maki Harukawa)

Not Voting:
Tchill13

With 8 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch

Activity Check - End of Day

"With the police dead, you thought there was no one left to assert the law. You were wrong. Victor the Jailer was still alive.

But, he too had access to the police station. Perhaps HE was a werewolf???

So you blindsided him. You kicked him and kicked him and kicked him, fueled by fear and frustration, until he was left a bloody heap.

But just as before, he remained a human. Would there be any end to this?"

Dead

Maki Harukawa - Victor the Jailer - Town Jailkeeper
- Lynched Day 4

Night Phase until (expired on 2017-12-09 00:00:06)

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

A startling sound wakes you. You roll over ready to start another miserable morning. Peering through the window, all you can see is darkness. Damn, couldn't even make it through the night. What is that faint amber glow You crawl over to the window and pick your head through it. Amhurst was in flames. Townsfolk are screaming as they run through the cobbled street. You spy a friend of yours...Christmas Eve Willow. She looks around frantically as if being chased. Then from the flames, a figure leaps out and pounces on her. You react in horror as a Werewolf rips the flesh from her face. You back away from the window trying to muffle a scream.

Why are the werewolves boldly attacking now? You consider your options. Could you hide? No, they would find you. Could you run? No, they would catch you, just like they caught the Willow girl.

You crossed your arms to try and stop your panicked shaking, and you felt the ivory cross you wore around your neck. With tears streaming down your face, you drop to your knees.

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death-"

The door to your home bursts open. In steps Reverend Wilson, and he surveys the room, settling his warm gaze on you. You instantly feel a little relief and glance up at the heavens.

"Oh Father, the Lord has heard my prayer..." you trail off as before your eyes, the Reverend transforms into a beastly sight. You yell for help and back up against the wall. The Reverend now transformed leaps at you, bare his teeth straight for your neck. You feel a sharp dizzying pain sink in and-

Dead

TChill13 - Christmas Eve Willow - Town 2-Shot Friendly Neighbor
- Shredded Night 4
randomidget - Julian Pike - Town Lover
- Endgamed Dawn 5
Kokichi Oma - Rhoda Wilson - Town Lover
- Endgamed Dawn 5
Wh4t - Sage Bernard - Town Neopolitan
- Endgamed Dawn 5

Survived

Dunnstral - Reverend Samuel Wilson - Bloodmoon Werewolf
Desperado - Giles - Werewolf Stalker
drealmerz7 - MacCloud - Werewolf Sleeper Agent 1-Shot Desperado

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 am

Post by T-Bone »

Desperado - Giles - Werewolf Stalker
"An old resident of Amhurst, one faithful night years ago you became aware of the werewolf threat. However, before you could reveal that secret, you were cursed by them! Now, the secret is your burden to bare, and you do, out of fear. The consequences would be severe if the law found you for who you truly are."

Stalk - During the night phase you can call upon your werewolf blood to enhance your investigative ability. Target a player during the night, and you will learn of their role. If that player is the sleeper agent you will also learn that (however this action does not recruit them.

Factional Kill - One member of the faction may perform the factional kill. You cannot use your personal ability when you do the kill. Your kill flavor is Shreded. If you target the sleeper agent, you will recruit them instead.

Communication - Your partner is Dunnstral and you can communicate with them at night HERE

You win when you are equal to or greater than the town, and nothing can prevent this.

Dunnstral - Reverend Samuel Wilson - Bloodmoon Werewolf
"Despite being the spiritual leader of Amhurst, you harbor a dark secret...the blood of a werewolf. For decades you have secretly terrorized your citizens in the name God. But now, with the law getting suspicious, you have no choice but to eliminate or convert everyone to protect your secret...and your power."

Bloodmoon - One per game you can call upon the Bloodmoon to reduce the length of a phase by 24 hours. You can activate it at any time (Dawn, Day, Twilight, Night) and it will shorten the next Day or Night phase by 24 hours. Send me a PM when you want to activate.

Factional Kill - One member of the faction may perform the factional kill. You cannot use your personal ability when you do the kill. Your kill flavor is Shreded. If you target the sleeper agent, you will recruit them instead.

Communication - Your partner is Desperado and you can communicate with them at night HERE

You win when you are equal to or greater than the town, and nothing can prevent this.

WhemeStar - Abby Williams - Town Compulsive Silencer
"Are you the witch of Amhurst like many of the (female) townsfolk claim? It is possible. Certainly the men seem enamored with you...but at this point you have no other choice. Without their continued devotion to you, the rest of the town might finally put the witch accusation to the test. Your life is at stake."

Silence - Once per night you target another player. That player will be silenced for the first 24 hours of the following day phase.

Compulsive Protection - Your action is complusive and you must submit one every night. If you do not submit an action before the night is over, you will lose the protection of the men in this town and be burned at the stake the following day phase.

You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated.

Fresh - Archibald Boone - Town Police Captain
"A legendary investigator, you thought you could get away from the evils of the city and retire to a quiet country town like Amhurst. But then, things started to get suspicious. Unexplained disappearences, and murders...it was as if you wre dealing with the criminal underworld once again. You called in a favor with the department and now lead the investigation into the crimes."

Orders - During the Twilight phase you may send an order to Capt. Bradford, and tell him who to investigate. It will be up to him whether he follows that order or not. You will be notified as to whether he followed the order or not. You will not be told the identity of this player, nor what that player's role is. You must submit your order before the day phase ends.

Srceenplay - Capt. Bill Bradford - Town Cop
"Amhurst is a dinky little town in the boonies, and let's face it, you are not excited to be here, and plan to spend your special assignment drunk off your ass. You know that you are better suited to the excitements of city life, and resent being sent out here. The faster you can prove that nothing is happening here, the faster you can go home."

Investigate - During the night you may investigate another player to find out whether they are Mafia or Not Mafia.

randomidget - Julian Pike - Town Lover
"Ah young love. You have your eye on a particular vixen, Rhoda Wilson. Amhurst has very few eligible bachlorettes, and unfortunately she is not the one your parents demand you marry. You are engaged to another. But, with the special police investigation in Amhurst, and the chaos surrounding the murders, sneaking away to meet your love is becoming easier and easier."

Suicide Pact - You are Lovers with Kokichi Oma. Should one of you die in this game, your lover will commit suicide at the end of the following night phase after you have been killed.

Secret Spot - During the night phase you may communicate with your Lover HERE.

Kokichi Oma - Rhoda Wilson - Town Lover
"Ah young love. A lovely boy has been courting you for sometime, and luckily he is the most handsome in Amhurst. Unluckily, he is bethrowed to another woman. So you have to meet him in the cover of darkness. At 17 you know this love will last forever, and hopefully the chaos surrounding the murders will allow the two of you to run away together."

Suicide Pact - You are Lovers with randomidget. Should one of you die in this game, your lover will commit suicide at the end of the following night phase after you have been killed.

Secret Spot - During the night phase you may communicate with your Lover HERE.

mutantdevle - Annabele Smith - Town Hider
"Amhurst is a one saloon town, and as the hostess of the saloon, you know everyone. You are not immune to the panic that has befallen the town because of the murders. Sleeping above the saloon at night makes you a target. But their are strength in numbers, and you have dependable neighbors you can trust."

Hide! - During the night you may target another player to hide behind them, making you immune to actions that target you. However, if the target you hide behind is killed, you will be killed as well. Furthermore, if you hide behind a werewolf (including the sleeper agent, if that player is not you) you will be slain instead. Your kill flavor will be Slained.

Wh4t - Sage Bernard - Town Neopolitan
"You have big dreams of becoming a sheriff and protecting the community of Amhurst with your heart and soul. Unfortunately, you do not have the right equipment in your pants, and no one will support your dream. Still, with the threat of the murders looming, you feel this is a chance to prove that you don't need a penis to uphold the law."

Penial Envy - During the night you may target another player and learn whether they are a Vanilla Townie or not.

Radical Rat - Benjamin Ann Dover - Town Tracker
"Ameteur investigation is in your blood. You are sure that your descendents will forever be blessed with this investigative ability. The thrill of watching your neighbors in Amhurst, even when they have no idea, is the ultimate high."

Track - Once per night you can track another player. You will find out who they visit (if anyone), but not what they do.

drealmerz7 - MacCloud - Town 1-Shot Desperado
"Aye lad, you've seen some shit back home in Scotland, and moved to Amhurst to get away from it all. They didn't believe you last time when you warned them about the lycanthropes. But this time, you can redeem your reputation by proving once and for all that werewolves walk among us."

Desperate Move - Once per game during the day phase you may claim a desperate shot on another player by posting Desperate Shot: Player in thread. If that player is a werewolf (including the sleeper agent if that player isn't you), you will heroically kill them. If that player is not a werewolf, the town will automatically lynch you instead.

Maki Harukawa - Victor the Jailer - Town Jailkeeper
"You have told of your legendary battles in the Indian War, and have earned a place of respect among the people of Amhurst. They trust that you above everyone else will always place the safety of the town first. Little do they know, you've lied about your military service."

Jailkeeping - During the night you may target another player, effectively roleblocking them and protecting them from any kills.

Tchill13 - Christmas Eve Willow - Town 2-Shot Friendly Neighbor
"Amhurst wasn't always a town full of paranoia and suspicion. Your mother told you about the hope and prosperity of the past, including your miraculous birth on Christmas Eve. You know that one day, Amhurst can return to its golden days, and you will make sure your neighbors can believe in it, through God and family."

Hello Neighbor - Twice per game at night, you may target another player and let them know that you are a member of the town.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

Sorry about the delay, snowstorm knocked things out around here.

The Dead and Still Dead

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Damn guys, I’m sorry I forgot to leave my crumb post on drealmer. Like the whole point of me claiming vig was so I could ‘shoot’ someone each night. (More in the dead thread). I feel like the game would have gone differently if I did :/
I mostly just lurk now.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

honeslty dreal deserved the win there. dunn was decent, desp just lurked. sorry for playing poorly here.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Desp (the role) being the sleeper agent was super shitty game design imo but dreal still did a great job there
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Thanks for the game mod.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I would say town dropped the ball but
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

The sleeper agent was random.

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

woot!

thanks, t-bone, for the blitz game! not sure why ppl are so inactive in a blitz game I thikn there should be more activity

fun setup...penial envy...haha

interesting that the sleeper agent was randomized to the role, lucky me!

here's scum chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74042
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

both times I've been a traitor we've gotten a flawless win

and I did the bulk of the work both times

other time was in Nightman Cometh, but I wasn't recruitable (and they didn't know who their 3rd was, but I crumbed it early)

as I noted in scumchat, this was my first time being on groupscum since march (was a SK once otherwise), about fuggin time!
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

hammers are fun
balance among all things
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”