(2) MathDino: TheGoldenParadox, InfernoBrafin
(1) Beefster: Lil Uzi Vert
(1) TheGoldenParadox: the worst
(1) the worst: Iconeum
(1) BuJaber: Momrangal

(2) Not voting: alban, Kthxbye

(expired on 2018-03-07 11:30:00)

BuJaber has limited access until Saturday February 24th

alban has not picked up his role PM and is being replaced.
Update: marshy replaces alban!
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Beefster-scum doesn't fencesit on a read on me. I think he would either townread me to get me off his back or explicitly go after me in a gambit.

This is based on some unsubstantiated notion of what a player would do after being powerlynched by another player (I got Beefster-scum early D1 in another game).

Regardless, the level of nuance in Beefster's read on me (Hmmm IB is scummy but so is Math, but tbh IB is scummier which probably makes Math town) is unlike scum-him.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

alright y'all, ill catch up this weekend. Just buried my mother this week. Sorry for the delay
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by marshy »

sup nerds

WOW kthxbye. im so sorry to hear that

i will b here later
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 110, the worst wrote:so early argument I wasn't crazy about the idea of scum!Inferno. it's really easy to see him doing scummy things but I was trying to gauge his actual motivation for getting involved in such a stupid semantic fight with such a confident player so early in the game.

it's actually shit being called scummy / scumread by someone as assertive as Math this early in the game. treat my questions as an attempt to poke and prod Inferno for some semblance of towniness.
In post 111, the worst wrote:tbh though by the end of the argument he feels so... phoney. like, he's clearly realised he's wrong but it feels like he's still going to win some moral high ground or something.
In post 117, the worst wrote:I can whinge about nearly all of his posts if you want. Tbh I'm not sure if I don't like him cause he's scum trying to discredit obvtown reads or don't like him cause his debating skills suck and he's trying to wing it anyway.
I think had I not read TW's scumgame, I'd be locktowning this progression, but as it is I'll call it a townlean. I'll admit reading through his scumgame that there's something markedly different about how he goes about his reads/thought process.

He seems less confident. I think that's a townsign for him.

Edit: I feel dude, take the time you need.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

Shit I'm sorry to hear that Kthxbye :/ I hope you and your family are doing okay.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 127, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:While IB did vote for you after Paradox did, I don't see how they're taking advantage of a situation. Paradox's ISO is just politely asking all hydra accounts to make sure all players can know who is posting at all times and playfully responding to votes in RVS. No thoughts or actions taken regarding meaningful content. IB is being wagoned right now. They're also both new to the site so reputation shouldn't be a factor. So the likelihood of a serious wagon forming on you with them leading the charge should've been slim no?
@LUV
: I don't see the relevance of Paradox's ISO? I wasn't voting Paradox for anything that he'd actually posted.

I'm suggesting that scum is often afraid to start voting their scumreads, especially when they're scumreading someone active/confident, until someone else in the game validates that. Paradox voting me in a sense gave IB a pass to start a wagon on me as a counterwagon to themselves. I think they assumed that they would win the semantics debate and people would fall in line.

It doesn't matter how likely *I* thought a wagon on me was. Like if I carry myself with confidence it's because I just don't seem to get D1 lynched when I play the way I do.

What matters is how likely *IB* thought it was that I could get wagoned. And I think they were confident once Paradox voted that they could pull something off.

@All
: Given that LUV is engaging with players and asking fair questions, I feel like I should be townreading him, but I'm really not. A lot of it seems like it could be scum going through the motions. Comfortable with votes on LUV if you don't like the IB push.

Edit: oh hey TW what do you think of LUV
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 131, Momrangal wrote:Dino, talk to me

How likely is that vote placed out of frustration vs it being placed because of actual opportunistic behavior?
The slot was frustrated with me beforehand, but they didn't vote me, even when I gave them an opening to.

Inferno only chose to vote me after Paradox's vote.

I see a correlation. Now it's possible that's town-opportunism (it happens), but I think it's just more likely to be scum.
In post 142, acryon wrote:
In post 141, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: Bujaber

This is a serious vote, and I think this slot should actually get lynched. It feels like he's decided to just piggy back on the hottest topic atm. Possibly to look like he's being active?
It does feel a bit like that. However, the big paragraph to me pings as town-effort. Not that quantity = town, but I feel like we'd see the effort portrayed differently if he were just trying to get credit for activity.
This is interesting. I found the big paragraph to be NAI. I also found Bujaber commenting on the "hottest topic" to be NAI. It's one of those things where since it's the only thing going on in the thread, you kinda have to comment on it.

I'll admit that if IB is town, Bujaber's probably the scum on the wagon, so I can see Marangal's perspective.
In post 134, InfernoBrafin wrote:A) When we or any player asks why someone thinks they are behaving scummy, it is a pointed question to out bad scumreads, not a "This is how I should behave" tactic. If that were the case, Inferno would have been much less self conscious a long time ago. He's asking the question in order to scumhunt.
B) The vote against Dino was made in jest as a RVS it seems, but Beef treats it as a real vote? Super sus.
Finger of Suspicion Beef.
A. Wow, it's a good thing
I at no point scumread you guys until the page where I actually voted you
B. The fuck? How is not realising that a vote was an RVS vote an alignment indicative thing? Beefster is super town bro.

I can't wait for you to pair me/Beef, I'm so ready :lol:
In post 135, InfernoBrafin wrote:
In post 58, Mathdino wrote:
In post 33, Mathdino wrote:No read on the hydra, feels like they're playing in an
intentionally scummy
way, but whatever.
what about this post makes you think i'm shading you?

do you believe i'm shading your alignment, or your skill/quality as a player?
DUDE. THE SERIOUS FRICK.

The answer to your own question is
literally
in the post you quoted.
Either you're stupid (doubtful) not paying attention (likely) or this is insanely scummy. (Occam's Razor)
ughhhh
do i haaaaave to respond to this

do you understand that saying someone could be playing in a way that is intentionally scummy
DOES NOT MAKE THAT PLAYER SCUM

like, given that literally no one in this entire game actually is approaching this argument the way inferno is
i'd have expected brafin to come along and be like "yo inferno stop with the semantics debate, i see what mathdino's saying"
but the fact that he's apparently in lockstep with his partner is just unbelievable/unrealistic

scumread intensifies
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by the worst »

He's pretty good, XO TOUR Llif3 is super catchy.

So far meeehhh. The swinging by asking questions earlier pinged me a little but his reaction to Beef felt legit. I kinda want more to sort him.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by the worst »

Sober me is still 99% sure Inferno either forgot what he was arguing about or realised he was wrong and kept going anyway. James reads fine to me but like, NAI+nice fine, not heaps towny fine :/
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

he was pretty clearly robbed from best new artist tbh

anyway who u gonna vote for boio
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by the worst »

UGH so true. That result was dumb.

Good question tbh. I forgot about my vote, should've done this yesterday.
VOTE: Inferno

L-2
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:
Okay, just caught up and after skimming everything since my last post:

-I'm glad I backed off and allowed some other reads to develop. That was only hurting me.
Worst has me all over the place. Not sure where my read sits on him right now.
Icomeum is obvtown.
Beefster has got to be town by that though, becasue his exchange with Iconeum at his entry olny makes sense as SvS or TvT.
Can't decide whether Bu is scum trying to take advantage of a TvT with me or scumpartners with MathDino in a two pronged attack. Either way, I am reading Bu as scum.
MD could honestly go either way for me as of this post.

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance at how bad we actually are at forum mafia, if our play is as bad as some of you believe. Perhaps our newbie-ness will bring something to the game.

Going to read through again to see what else I can make of all of this.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:
Praying for you, Kthxbye.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 162, InfernoBrafin wrote: Icomeum is obvtown.
Beefster has got to be town by that though, becasue his exchange with Iconeum at his entry olny makes sense as SvS or TvT.
Talk me through these points?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Mmmmmmmm....

Idk how to respond to the fact that I'm syncing with what Sun is saying

With all my experiences with hydrae though, I'm not sure the lock-stepping with partner is NAI largely, and I would have to see more coming out of it butttt

Now that I am thinking on it, scum hydrae are Iess likely to have hydra-diss

Also regarding that slot, Dino I can see why you see the opportunism there but I'm not sure I agree with your theory of scum being scared of making the first vote on their own scum-read but from the outside it looks like a pride Battle of sorts and I'm pretty sure IB knows he's fallacious and I don't think its unlikely both heads wanting to back each other up seems more like town-hydra move
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:

In post 124, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 22, InfernoBrafin wrote:Inferno: RUDE! I'm just approaching the game objectively! Skipping RVS like this and calling half of a hydra scummy is really dumb.
VOTE: BuJaber
Arguably dumb but how is it scummy?
This was closer to an OMGUS RVS vote, LUV.

@Worst:
Wel, Iconeum is obvtown imo because his reactions and conversing does not feel fabricated at all. His responses don't ever seem forced, and he's doing a good job with his reading, too good for it too be scum.
But then, if you look at Iconeum's enterance and how he interacts with Beefster, it doesn't work as a TvS interaction. The back and forth is too strong for a TvS to make sense. So it'd either be TvT or SvS. And if Iconeum is obvtown, Beefster also has to be town.

Do you have any other thoughts on my reads?
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by the worst »

Give me a read that will rock my world
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 78, InfernoBrafin wrote:
Inferno:
I would define them as "not very good at playing mafia."

@Beefster: Which part of this is self-conscious?
After some more in-depth thought, while it's probably normal for hydras to be self-conscious about playstyle, it's another thing entirely to be self-conscious about others' reads on you.

I might be falling prey to confirmation bias here...

I think Mathdino is town because my gut is telling me that the worst is town and that Math and tw are the same alignment.

Momrangal confuses me.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:
Interesting read there Beefster. What about both Worst and MD comes off as town?

I do agree with you on Momrangal.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah tbh I'm nervous Inferno feels alignment informed. It's like he's trying to assign weak reasoning to why the obvious townreads are town and doesn't wanna focus on anyone else.

The argument structure is probably NAI but on reflection I'm feeling stronger about this. I can easily see the two heads' play (Inferno playing confident, James rolling with him while trying to appear towny) as coming from scum.

I'm not liking Bu either but coming out with that "Bu and Math scumteam" theory just rubs me the wrong way.

Mostly gut here BUT I think one of Inferno & Bu are scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 167, the worst wrote:Give me a read that will rock my world
Infernoooooooooooo
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 169, InfernoBrafin wrote:
Inferno:
Interesting read there Beefster. What about both Worst and MD comes off as town?

I do agree with you on Momrangal.
the worst is being totally goofy, but in a genuine way. I would expect him to be somewhat more serious or more self conscious as scum. He doesn't seem to give two shits about what other players think of him.

I'm not sure I can put my finger on exactly what makes me think tw and Math are the same alignment. It probably is meaningless since they're friends outside the game I think.

Maybe it's just that I'm starting to see Math!Town in other ways and that's just how my gut interpreted it.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Spoiler: Beefster's 180
In post 53, Beefster wrote:Yeah. Mathdino's pinging me too. Let's see how this progresses.
In post 95, Beefster wrote:
In post 76, the worst wrote:Beef!! :D

How are you reading Math so far?
Leaning scum. His posts feel kinda IIOA-ish.
In post 123, Beefster wrote:
In post 121, acryon wrote: I otherwise seem to like your posts, but this ends up feeling like convenient hedging for you:
1. "Leaning scum [on Mathdino]. His posts feel kinda IIOA-ish"
2. "[Math vs. Inferno is] probably not SvS, so I'm likely wrong on at least one of them. I need to wait and see how things develop.
3. "If anything IB is the more likely scum."

So are you more or less saying here you think Mathdino is likely town?
If you want to take it that way, sure.

It's too early to tell.
In post 168, Beefster wrote:
In post 78, InfernoBrafin wrote:
Inferno:
I would define them as "not very good at playing mafia."

@Beefster: Which part of this is self-conscious?
After some more in-depth thought, while it's probably normal for hydras to be self-conscious about playstyle, it's another thing entirely to be self-conscious about others' reads on you.

I might be falling prey to confirmation bias here...

I think Mathdino is town because my gut is telling me that the worst is town and that Math and tw are the same alignment.

Momrangal confuses me.

Alright Beefster, what happened that you did a 180 on your MD read?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by the worst »

Who do you think is most likely to be scum and why Ico?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”