Mini 1997: The Clownspiracy (Game Over!)

Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

think I'm fine with beef here kokichi
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: beef

Wonder twin powers activate!
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

VOTE: beef

Wonder twin powers activate!
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

We are the new Killing Game Busters.

Unless we are wrong, then its punishment time
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Beefster »

You chose...

Correctly.

ggwp
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

What lameness...

Anyway gg..
Kiana suicided.

Thanks for lynching me before beef. 3 ongoing games was becoming a major pain.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Flip incoming in about a couple hours
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Vote Count 5-1
What do you call a cow with no legs?
GROUND BEEF!

:right:
Beefster
(3, L-0)
: StefanB, Kokichi Oma, Maki Harukawa
StefanB (1, L-2)
: Beefster

Not Voting (0)
:

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-04-29 22:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- None!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Mathdino »

D
a
y
E
n
d
s
!

Beefster was sent back to Arkham.

Spoiler: Beefster was...
You really put the "fun" in "funeral"!

What's up, puddin'! You're
Harley Quinn (DC Comics)
, FORMER henchman of good ol' Mistah J, Red's best friend, and gosh-darn if you aren't the toughest girl B-man's ever put up with! Ya used to be a shrink over at Arkham before a nutso callin' himself The Joker showed you how much fun murder can really be. But there ain't no fella with a cheap suit and cheaper grin telling you who you are ever again.

Well it's time for a new Harley! Ya got a squad, a jailhouse of your very own, and a whole lotta guns to show these bat-for-brains who's boss.

You are an
Even Night Jailkeeper Neighbor
, aligned with the
Mafia

Arkham Asylum
: You may, on even nights, target a player to throw them into a jail cell for the night. Any night actions they take will fail, and they will be protected from a single kill that night.
Mistah J
: You know that
StefanB
is The Joker, and you can talk to him at any time here.

Suicide Squad
: You may talk to your fellow mafia members,
Kiana Kaslana
and
BuJaber
, here. You may, in addition to your night action, perform the mafia's factional nightkill.
PhD in Psychology
: You may, at any point, send me a list of abilities. I will write you a flavoured fake town PM for those abilities. One is provided for you below.

Voices in my head
: You have your voice and your vote during the day.

Fakeclaim: REDACTED
You win when mafia comprise at least 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

The game thread is here. Please confirm your role and alignment via PM.

A win condition has been achieved!

StefanB ruled the streets of Gotham!

Spoiler: StefanB was...
All it takes is one bad day...

Well well well... Look at you... If it isn't the most charmingly insane Clown Prince of Crime in Gotham City! The ONLY Clown Prince of Crime in Gotham City, of course. You'd just kill the rest.

You're
The Joker (DC Comics)
, Bats's greatest enemy, Harley's greatest love, and Gotham's greatest fear, and you're not about to be outdone by a few copycat idiots thinking they're better at organized crime than you. Luckily, you've got a few tricks up your sleeve. That's right, the lunatics are running the asylum now.

WELL? WHADDAYA WAITING FOR? IT'S ALL A JOKE ANYWAY, LET'S MESS UP SOME CLOWNS!

You are an
Odd Night Jailkeeper Neighbor
, aligned with the
Town

Arkham Asylum
: You may, on odd nights, target a player to throw them into a jail cell for the night. Any night actions they take will fail, and they will be protected from a single kill that night.
Dr. Quinzel
: You know that
Beefster
is Harley Quinn, and you can talk to her at any time here.

Everyone Loses Their Minds!

You win when all of the mafia are eliminated and at least one member of the town is alive.

Kokichi Oma made amends!

Spoiler: Kokichi Oma was...
I am that merry wand'rer of the night.

Hello! You're
Puck (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
A fairy trickster jester it would seem.
You're here for fun and splendid jokes galore,
And those two sure could love each other more ;)
Do your best to help the will of town
And try to tell apart the killer clowns!

You are a
1-shot Eavesdropping Organizer
, aligned with the
Town

Love-in-idleness
: You may, at night, target two players to give them access to the "A Forest Outside Athens" private topic. You may eavesdrop on their conversation, but
you may not post in it
. They will be informed of each other's presence but not of yours. You may use this ability once.

Restoring amends

You win when all of the mafia are eliminated and at least one member of the town is alive.

Maki Harukawa went back to show business!

Spoiler: Maki Harukawa was...
Your honor, I plead guilty... I mean not guilty!

Thirty-five years as one of the most successful entertainers in show business, and what have you got to show for it? Critics who hate you, fans who you hate, and enough money for another bottle. God, do you need a drink right now.

You're
Krusty the Clown (The Simpsons)
, the wildly popular host of The Krusty the Clown Show. Gambling issues, addiction, wrongful arrest, depression, loads of personal issues, you name it, you've got it. To top it off, some clowns were involved in a string of murders lately, and you're one of the suspects. Here we go again...

You are a
Loved Miller
, aligned with the
Town

Krusty the Clown Show
: You will take one more vote to lynch during the day. This ability is disabled in MyLo/LyLo.
Krusty Gets Busted
: You will appear as mafia to any alignment checks.

Hey Hey Kids!

T
o
w
n
W
i
n
s
!

Congratulations to the town of Maki Harukawa, Kaito Momota, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, Archwing, StefanB, Raskolnikov, Hiraki, Wisdom, and Gamma Emerald!

And now, a performance.

Last edited by Mathdino on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Well done town!

PTs and post-game write-up coming shortly.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

ThreadsGame Thread
Mafia PT (Beefster,
Kiana Kaslana
, BuJaber)
Dead/Spectator PT
Arkham (Beefster, StefanB)
A Forest Outside Athens (Maki Harukawa, Kaito Momota, Kokichi Oma (Eavesdropper))

Role Distribution
Spoiler: Role Distribution
Raskolnikov: Ronald McDonald (Fruit Vendor)
StefanB: The Joker (Odd Night Jailkeeper Neighbor)
Maki Harukawa: Krusty the Clown (Loved Miller)
Archwing: Hisoka Morow (Neapolitan)
brassherald: Buggy the Clown (2-shot Activated Bulletproof)
Cedrick: Joker (JOAT Hatedizer/Roleblocker/Vigilante)
Kokichi Oma: Puck (1-shot Eavesdropping Organizer)
Gamma Emerald: Bozo the Clown (VT)
Kaito Momota: Chuckles the Clown (VT)
Wh4t: Sweet Tooth (VT)

Mafia:
Kiana Kaslana: Pennywise (Odd Night Bulletproof Even Night Strongman)
BuJaber: 2016 "Killer Clown" Sighting (Tracker)
Beefster: Harley Quinn (Even Night Jailkeeper Neighbor)

Setup
Spoiler: Ronald McDonald
Bah dah bum bah bah...

Welcome! You're
Ronald McDonald™ (McDonald's)
, the mascot of the biggest restaurant chain in the world for over 50 years. Some say you're funny, some say you're creepy corporate trash, but one thing's for sure: You will stop at nothing to peddle happiness, joy, and Big Macs™ to children around the world!

Watch out for those Hamburglars™ trying to take over though...

You are a
Fruit Vendor
, aligned with the
Town

I'm Lovin' It!™
: You may, at night, target a player and send them any single item or combo (e.g. Happy Meal™) on the US McDonald's Menu. You may make any specifications you wish, within reason (e.g. "No onions" is fine but "no patty or buns" is not). The player will be informed that they have received this item. It does nothing.

Ronald McDonald House™

Spoiler: The Joker
All it takes is one bad day...

Well well well... Look at you... If it isn't the most charmingly insane Clown Prince of Crime in Gotham City! The ONLY Clown Prince of Crime in Gotham City, of course. You'd just kill the rest.

You're
The Joker (DC Comics)
, Bats's greatest enemy, Harley's greatest love, and Gotham's greatest fear, and you're not about to be outdone by a few copycat idiots thinking they're better at organized crime than you. Luckily, you've got a few tricks up your sleeve. That's right, the lunatics are running the asylum now.

WELL? WHADDAYA WAITING FOR? IT'S ALL A JOKE ANYWAY, LET'S MESS UP SOME CLOWNS!

You are an
Odd Night Jailkeeper Neighbor
, aligned with the
Town

Arkham Asylum
: You may, on odd nights, target a player to throw them into a jail cell for the night. Any night actions they take will fail, and they will be protected from a single kill that night.
Dr. Quinzel
: You know that [PLAYERNAME] is Harley Quinn, and you can talk to her at any time here [Link to Arkham PT].

Everyone Loses Their Minds!

Spoiler: Krusty the Clown
Your honor, I plead guilty... I mean not guilty!

Thirty-five years as one of the most successful entertainers in show business, and what have you got to show for it? Critics who hate you, fans who you hate, and enough money for another bottle. God, do you need a drink right now.

You're
Krusty the Clown (The Simpsons)
, the wildly popular host of The Krusty the Clown Show. Gambling issues, addiction, wrongful arrest, depression, loads of personal issues, you name it, you've got it. To top it off, some clowns were involved in a string of murders lately, and you're one of the suspects. Here we go again...

You are a
Loved Miller
, aligned with the
Town

Krusty the Clown Show
: You will take one more vote to lynch during the day. This ability is disabled in MyLo/LyLo.
Krusty Gets Busted
: You will appear as mafia to any alignment checks.

Hey Hey Kids!

Spoiler: Hisoka Morow
My greatest pleasure comes when people like you buckle to their knees and I look down upon their disbelieving faces as their plans fail.

Welcome! You're
Hisoka Morow (Hunter x Hunter)
, a cold bloodlusted hunter formerly affiliated with the Phantom Troupe. Being one of the strongest has its drawbacks... what's the point of life without the rush of challenging opponents to fight? You can sense when worthy opponents are nearby, and there are three newcomers in town might just be strong enough to be worth killing.

You are a
Neapolitan
, aligned with the
Town

The Point System
: You may, at night, target a player to determine their strength. You will get a result in the form of "Vanilla Townie" or "Not a Vanilla Townie".

Nen

Spoiler: Buggy the Clown
Listen and be in awe! I am the great, invincible pirate! The Legendary Buggy!

Welcome! You're
Buggy the Clown (One Piece)
, one of the greatest captains of all time! Keeper of flashy treasure! Immune to swords! Soon-to-be Pirate King! Never mind those idiots Shanks, Luffy, and Whitebeard...

The next step in becoming the Pirate King is killing these three clowns standing in your way. Beat them for the fame! Luckily you've got enough devil fruit to last the voyage.

You are a
2-shot Activated Bulletproof
, aligned with the
Town

Bara Bara no Mi
: You may, at night, target yourself to eat devil fruit and become protected against a single kill that night. You may use this ability twice.

Wahahahaha~

Spoiler: Joker
Joker's wild.

Welcome! You're a
Joker (Playing cards)
, the wildcard that can spell doom or victory depending on the table. Here, you have quite a few roles to play. Let's shake this game up, shall we?

You are a
Jack-of-All-Trades (Hatedizer, Roleblocker, Vigilante)
, aligned with the
Town

Wild Card
: You have several one-shot abilities. You may use one per night.
Queen of Hearts
: You may target a player to call for their execution. They will take one less vote to lynch the next day.
Nine of Diamonds
: You may target a player to give them bad luck. Any actions they take that night will be blocked.
Ace of Spades
: You may target a player to give them the death card, attempting to kill them.

Two of Clubs

Spoiler: Puck
I am that merry wand'rer of the night.

Hello! You're
Puck (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
A fairy trickster jester it would seem.
You're here for fun and splendid jokes galore,
And those two sure could love each other more ;)
Do your best to help the will of town
And try to tell apart the killer clowns!

You are a
1-shot Eavesdropping Organizer
, aligned with the
Town

Love-in-idleness
: You may, at night, target two players to give them access to the "A Forest Outside Athens" private topic. You may eavesdrop on their conversation, but
you may not post in it
. They will be informed of each other's presence but not of yours. You may use this ability once.

Restoring amends

Spoiler: Bozo the Clown
"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan

Wowee, boy do I have a special surprise for you! You're
Bozo the Clown (Bozo franchise)
, the world's favorite clown and an iconic children's entertainer of the 20th century. You're a fun-loving jester from a time when clowns were less terrifying and more joyful!

Too bad this mafia is clowning about town ruining things for everyone. Well, time for another Bozo Adventure!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
, aligned with the
Town

Bozo's Circus

Spoiler: Chuckles the Clown
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants!

Welcome! You're
Chuckles the Clown (The Mary Tyler Moore Show)
, one of the most beloved hosts on WJM-TV. Oh, the memorable characters you've played. Peter Peanut, Mr. Fee-Fi-Fo, Aunt Yoo-hoo, all have brought laughter to millions of television watchers across the nation.

I mean sure, you might not last particularly long with this new mafia in town, but the show will go on no matter what!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
, aligned with the
Town

The Snow Must Go On

Spoiler: Sweet Tooth
Shut up and BLEED.

Welcome back to the nuthouse,
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
. Once a mere ice cream salesman, it didn't take much soul searching to realize what you're good at: murdering everyone in sight. You are the cursed man that hides under people's beds. And this competition is beginning to piss you off.

Those freaks who captured you and cursed you can wait. All you have to do is kill three more sons-of-bitches to get out of here? Well, there's one thing you're good at...

You are a
Vanilla Townie
, aligned with the
Town

Vanilla Ice Cream Truck

vs

Spoiler: Harley Quinn
You really put the "fun" in "funeral"!

What's up, puddin'! You're
Harley Quinn (DC Comics)
, FORMER henchman of good ol' Mistah J, Red's best friend, and gosh-darn if you aren't the toughest girl B-man's ever put up with! Ya used to be a shrink over at Arkham before a nutso callin' himself The Joker showed you how much fun murder can really be. But there ain't no fella with a cheap suit and cheaper grin telling you who you are ever again.

Well it's time for a new Harley! Ya got a squad, a jailhouse of your very own, and a whole lotta guns to show these bat-for-brains who's boss.

You are an
, aligned with the
Mafia

Arkham Asylum
: You may, on even nights, target a player to throw them into a jail cell for the night. Any night actions they take will fail, and they will be protected from a single kill that night.
Mistah J
: You know that [PLAYERNAME] is The Joker, and you can talk to him at any time here [Link to Arkham PT].

Suicide Squad
: You may talk to your fellow mafia members here [Link to Mafia PT]. You may, in addition to your night action, perform the mafia's factional nightkill.
PhD in Psychology
: You may, at any point, send me a list of abilities. I will write you a flavoured fake town PM for those abilities. One is provided for you below.

Voices in my head

Fakeclaim:
Well I ain't a genius, but I do got a PhD!

What's up puddin'! You're
Harley Quinn (DC Comics)
, Red's best friend, B-man's second most hilarious villain, and of course, Mistah J's beloved. Ya used to be a shrink over at Arkham before a nutso callin' himself The Joker made everything make sense. Who knew how much fun crime could be?

A few chowderheads are shootin' the place up. Mistah J says ol' Bats hired 'em, and who are you to question? Maybe once you're through this, you can finally marry the psycho of your dreams...

You are an
, aligned with the
Town

Arkham Asylum
Mistah J
: You know that [PLAYERNAME] is The Joker, and you can talk to him at any time here [Link to Arkham PT].

Voices in my head

You win when mafia comprise at least 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Killer

Welcome! You're a
2016 "Killer" Clown Sighting (Real life)
. You apparently have nothing better to do than strap on a clown suit, grab a knife, and freak the crap out of anyone still on the street at night. Maybe it's a sick obsession with your targets, maybe you're a paid marketer for a certain upcoming movie, or maybe you just want those 15 minutes of fame. Doesn't make a difference for those poor sods you followed home.

Apparently a local gang actually thinks you're useful enough to do their dirty work. "A String of Murders By Evil Clowns"? Now that's a headline.

You are a
Tracker
, aligned with the
Mafia

The Green Bay Clown
: You may, at night, target someone to see who, if anyone, they targeted that night.

Viral Marketing
: You may talk to your fellow mafia members here [Link to Mafia PT]. You may, in addition to your night action, perform the mafia's factional nightkill.
Cosplayer

Jackass in a clown suit

Fakeclaim:

Welcome! You're a
2016 "Killer" Clown Sighting (Real life)
. You apparently have nothing better to do than strap on a clown suit, grab a knife, and freak the crap out of anyone still on the street at night. Maybe it's a sick obsession with your targets, maybe you're a paid marketer for a certain upcoming movie, or maybe you just want those 15 minutes of fame. Doesn't make a difference for those poor sods you followed home.

It's all sensationalism, of course. You're exactly harmless as a medieval LARPer with a wooden sword. Wait... that guy isn't as scared as the rest... is he holding a gun?

You are a
Tracker
, aligned with the
Town

The Green Bay Clown
: You may, at night, target someone to see who, if anyone, they targeted that night.

Random guy in a clown suit

Spoiler: Pennywise/IT
I'll take all of you! I'll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear...

Welcome back from underneath the well house,
Pennywise the Dancing Clown (IT)
. The eternal curse of an innocent New England town, you are an immortal shapeshifting monster here for one purpose: to devour terrified children. Once satisfied, you return to sleep underground for 27 years on end, before waking up and starting the cycle of terror again.

Your power is so far beyond anything most of these jesters have ever seen, this will be easy pickings. But there's nothing wrong with playing with your food a little. In just a few days, they'll float too!

You are an
Odd Night Bulletproof Even Night Strongman
, aligned with the
Mafia

The Curse of Derry
: On odd nights, you are underground and immune to a single kill.
You'll Float Too
: On even nights, nothing can stop your night action.

The Well House
: You may talk to your fellow mafia members here [Link to Mafia PT]. You may perform the mafia's factional nightkill.
Shapeshifter

The Loser's Club

Fakeclaim:
I'll take all of you! I'll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear...

Welcome back from underneath the well house,
Pennywise the Dancing Clown (IT)
. The eternal curse of an innocent New England town, you are an immortal shapeshifting monster here for one purpose: to devour terrified children. Once satisfied, you return to sleep underground for 27 years on end, before waking up and starting the cycle of terror again.

There's a new group of bullies in Derry this year. Humans are all the same to you. Easy pickings just like the rest. But there's nothing wrong with playing with your food a little first. In just a few days, they'll float too!

You are a
Night 3 Bulletproof Night 4 Strongman Vigilante
, aligned with the
Town

The Curse of Derry
: On night 3, you are underground and immune to a single kill.
27 Years
: On night 4, you come back to Derry and may target someone to kill them. Nothing can stop this action.

The Loser's Club

Notes:
- All PTs have daytalk.
- All voting-based abilities/passives are disabled in XyLo.
- Mafia can both perform nightkill and perform night actions.
- Organizer tracks to the 2 players. The players will be sent a PM informing them that they can talk to each other.

Night Actions
Night 1:

Kokichi Oma organizes Maki Harukawa and Kaito Momota (successful)
Raskolnikov vends BuJaber a Hamburger Happy Meal™ extra ketchup, slices, and chocolate milk (successful)
Archwing investigates Kokichi Oma (fails, Archwing dies)
Cedrick shoots
BuJaber
Maki Harukawa
Gamma Emerald (successful, Gamma Emerald dies)
BuJaber tracks Kokichi Oma (successful, result: Maki Harukawa and Kaito Momota)
StefanB jails Hiraki (successful)
Beefster factionally kills Archwing (successful, Archwing dies)

Night 2:

Cedrick roleblocks Raskolnikov (successful)
Raskolnikov vends northsidegal a Hamburger Happy Meal™ extra ketchup, slices, and chocolate milk (fails, roleblocked)
BuJaber tracks Beefster (successful, result: Kaito Momota and northsidegal)
Beefster jails Kaito Momota (successful)
Beefster factionally kills northsidegal (successful, northsidegal dies)

Night 3:

Raskolnikov vends StefanB an Egg McMuffin™ with ketchup (successful)
StefanB jails Maki Harukawa (successful)
Beefster factionally kills
Wisdom
Raskolnikov (successful, Raskolnikov dies)

Night 4:

Beefster factionally kills Wisdom (successful, Wisdom dies)
Everyone except Maki Harukawa requests an accelerated night (fails, Maki Harukawa did not pick up the night PM)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

That sure was something for my first theme game, haha.

Re: Setup

I by no means intend to "rub it in" to the mafia or whatever, but I noticed some incorrect conclusions made by setup spec at various points, so I wanted to apologise for some design choices.

Because this setup was scumsided. Intensely so. And this was something I only realised around D2 or so, thinking about the position town would've been in had Kiana not been D1 lynched, or had town attempted a cross-shoot. Scum had 3 very powerful roles and town had little to counter.

My intentions with the setup were based around dayplay being able to make up for the lack of any hard info town can get.

- I assumed Kokichi's eavesdropper role would've been strong as it could theoretically catch scum or get claims.

- I saw Maki's Loved Miller as essentially unlynchable, which ended up being correct I think.

- I saw Wisdom's Hatedizer as a means to add an extra vote in spirit if Wisdom ever got NK'd for being conftown.

- I assumed Neapolitan would've been able to clear at least one person over the game, or at the very least confirm scum outside of the VTs (because why else have a Nea).

- I assumed the symmetric jailkeeper neighbors would be able to get reads on each other by way of coordinating night actions.

Originally, I had the Neapolitan as a Detective or Gunsmith (which would get false guilties on any vigs), but this was deemed far too strong for town during review so I downgraded. Obviously wouldn't have made a difference but it might've changed the setup spec a little.

Town was correct that I wouldn't have ever included two N1 vigs. Kiana actually claimed a role not in the game entirely. Kiana's original card was N3 Bulletproof N4 Vigilante, which she chose not to claim.

Kokichi's eavesdropping ability was my greylister, and was probably the most non-normal aspect of the game. Being that Organizer wasn't blacklisted while Bus Driver and Redirector were, I was surprised that people didn't come to this conclusion sooner :P

So yeah. Sorry for scumsiding the setup and making it even more scumsided in review :lol:

I felt like I really lucked out with one of the neighbours rolling scum, however, and it was super fun writing all the role PMs and role PM fakeclaims. I hope the setup was as fun for you guys to see unfold as it was for me to write.

I could probably do with not seeing another clown in a mafia game ever again though ;)
Last edited by Mathdino on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Post by Wisdom »

gg
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Some notes:

- Sorry about not keeping up with the flavour. Ghostwriter had to go V/LA so I made do with simpler stuff.

- As noted, Kiana did kind of suicide with a strict neverbussing strategy and the low charisma trollish approach. Things got a bit more dramatic than I would've hoped on D1 but I'm glad it was mostly contained to a now proven ban-evader.

- See the mod thread for discussion on the vig claims. Those (like Cedrick) arguing that cross-shoot was a bad idea were correct, IMO. Scum claims vig when they won't get shot themselves.

- Kudos to Rask and Stefan for playing the diplomat/analyst roles on D1. I was surprised to see you guys get scumread after really pushing through the Kiana lynch.

- Interestingly, had Beef been lynched instead of BuJaber, that would've been even more of an auto-win than it was.

- The Maki/Kaito thread was dead for over a week, haha.

- Beefster did in fact literally scumclaim in his jailkeeper hood, along with
slipping that he was scum with the tracker
earlier in the hood. That was kinda funny to watch.

- Major kudos to Wisdom, the eleventh hour replacement. Really pushed the game strongly in town's favour.

- Wh4t's D1 self-vote is probably one of the few times I've ever seen a self-vote gambit executed correctly. They had all the scum in their scumreads by that point. Potentially the most accurate reads this game.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by StefanB »

I am sorry for Archwing, that kill was my fault because of loose toung in the neighbour-QT.
I think we were very lucky that Kiana was our first lynch. Thanks to good townplay from exspecially Maki, Koichi (who won the game), Rask, Wisdom, Cedric.
If you are not on the list, no disrespect means, but I think the above were very influencel in the game (and except Maki who had the bad luck of roleparanoia very easy to read as town. (for me at last)
Sorry for the myslynches on Hiraki and Kaito.
Thanks for the game Mathdino, was fun and you were a good mod.
Kokichi: I was what was the role, I know it couldn't be bussdriver or redirector, but the cupid was probably the worst speculation of it.
In the end didn't matter, because on day 3 Maki, Kaito and Kokichi did confirm the role.

P-Edit: The slip could have been a slip because we were discusing Bu just before, but yeah should have made me more paranoid.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2463, Mathdino wrote:The Maki/Kaito thread was dead for over a week, haha.
I know, right... I kept watching it and nothing was happening. I put them together because I figured both as town would talk a lot. Haha.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I was like "wow Maki/Kaito is a fantastic choice for the night action" when that happened:
- They've been neighbours before
- They're friends
- The meme of all Danganronpa PT
- Neither of them would ever get nightkilled
- Possible scumteam, could potentially catch them literally scumclaiming

Instead:
- There was incredible confusion about how Kokichi targeted the two of them, even from those that were put in the PT
- Both missed the hints that they were being watched (I even flavoured up the hood invitation PMs if anyone wants to see those :P)
- The thread had some funny rhymes and then went totally inactive :lol:
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Post by StefanB »

I think the moment that came out, Koichi was basicly looktown for a lot of players. It was a great choice, just didn't work that great in the game.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I was intrigued that Kokichi chose not to claim the eavesdropper part of the role which was, IMO, probably the strongest part. Putting potential scum in a PT is I think -EV because it allows scum to manipulate their neighbour directly, but having that extra set of eyes could've been fairly powerful if it was watching scum.

Also would've been a strong role in scum hands, being able to essentially use it as a role cop waiting for the neighbours to rolefish from each other.

I tried to design all 13 roles around the idea of "what if this role randed scum instead?" :P

Kiana's N3 BP D4 Strongman Vig was the biggest shift.
Cedrick/Wisdom I'd have swapped out the vig with probably a rolecop.
Had both jailkeepers randed scum I'm not sure I'd have kept the neighbourhood.
And of course if a bunch of VTs randed scum I wouldn't have kept a -EV Neapolitan I don't think.
Loved Miller would've been Loved Goon with a Miller fakeclaim. Loved is incredibly underrated.

Everything else would have been pretty much the same roles.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1729, Kokichi Oma wrote:BuJab is sadly just awful town.

Me, Cedric, Stef, Bujab town team.
This is like the 6th game in a row I've called someone "bad town" and they've turned out to be scum
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:04 am

Post by Archwing »

Well, this was a game.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:05 am

Post by Archwing »

in a way, i was actually happy to be d1 NK'd. I was not really happy with the 30 pages of cross-shoot talk. regardless.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:20 am

Post by StefanB »

Pst Mathdino you said somethink about look at the modtread, but this one is not public...
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:20 am

Post by StefanB »

or at last not linked.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

When I was arguing for the cross kill I believed it. I was like yeah that is the correct thing to do as town. I don't anymore.

But I found it really really weird that a joat counter claimed vig because in my mind those 2 roles could easily exist between 2 townies but then math explained to me that 2 vig shots can't happen in the same night in normal games so it did work as a counter claim here.

Can I ask what about kaito that got you guys to townread him? It will help me not scumread townies in the future.

Like I get that after I flipped scum he is pretty conf town. But before my flip he did nothing townie at all imo and was a likely teammate for kiana given the hesitation end of day 1.

Sorry stefan. I kept checking my role PM several times during the game hoping it was actually a townie role. But alas it never changed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”