6. Kokichi Oma
  7. northsidegal
  8. Pine
  9. REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
  10. riku
  11. SirCakez
  12. Wisdom
  13. zMuffinMan

Spoiler: Alive at endgame (including flips)
zMuffinMan,
Mafia 1-shot Bodysnatcher

havingfitz,
Mafia Goon

Kokichi Oma,
Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Dead
Killed Day One:

dramonic,
Vanilla Townie
Pine,
Vanilla Townie
riku,
Vanilla Townie
SirCakez,
Town 1-shot Free Walker

Killed Night One:

DeasVail,
Town 1-shot Protector

Killed Day Two:

northsidegal,
Vanilla Townie
Wisdom,
Town 1-shot Mindbender

Endgamed:

Eddie Cane,
Town 1-shot Beckoner
BuJaber,
Vanilla Townie
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE,
Vanilla Townie

GROUPS AT ENDGAME
northsidegalEddie CaneBuJaber
WisdomzMuffinManhavingfitz
Kokichi Oma
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:36 am

Post by implosion »

General Rules
  1. The Basics

2. All site-wide rules apply.
  3. Play to your win condition.
  4. Do not privately communicate with other players about this game, except where explicitly allowed.
  5. Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
  6. Do not quote your role PM; do not quote any private communication with other players. Do not pretend to quote your role PM or any private communication, as doing so will be treated as if you actually quoted them. Paraphrasing either of these is fine.
  7. Do not use provable randomness.
  8. Do not use cryptography, robust steganography, invisible text, etc.
  9. As the moderator, I reserve the right to make any judgment call I deem fit, regardless of whether or not any explicit rule exists.
  1. During the Day

2. Day phases will last 8 days.
  3. During the day, votes must be posted with either
    bold tags
    or VOTE: tags. Don't try to get tricky; if it looks like a vote and is bolded, I will count it as a vote. Any attempt to abuse voting with trick votes or fake votes will be punished harshly.
  4. Prods will be issued upon 48 hours of inactivity; if unanswered after 24 hours, I will begin seeking a replacement. If the player posts in thread before a replacement is found, they will retain their spot.
  5. I may or may not grant deadline extensions if asked.
  1. During the Night

2. All nights will last 48 hours.
  1. Setup specifications

2. This setup is confirmed to be 10 town players versus 3 mafia players.
  3. During each night phase (including night 0, which will precede day 1), the mafia must partition all living players into three groups, which they will number 1, 2 and 3. Each group must contain at least one player. There are no other restrictions on who may be in which group, the number of players in each group, etc.
  4. This game is pseudo-nightless. The mafia have a 1-shot nightkill that they may use any night after night 0. They may not use their kill if it would cause the mafia to have as many players alive as there are town players alive. There are no other killing abilities in the game. There are no other night actions in the game.
  5. Come daybreak, the groups will be publicly revealed, with members within each group listed alphabetically.
  6. You cannot vote for players; instead, you must vote for groups. Votes must be of the form VOTE: 1 or VOTE: Group 1, for instance. Any votes listed for players will be ignored.
  7. When a majority of votes is reached on a group, all players in that group will be lynched. If no majority exists at deadline, whichever group has the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie at deadline, whichever group has the oldest most-recent vote (that is, whichever group was the first to reach its current number of votes) will be lynched. If no votes are placed when deadline is reached, the mafia will immediately win.
  8. When a group is lynched, all players in that group will die simultaneously, and all of their roles and alignments will be revealed.
  9. The town wins when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive. The mafia win when there are at least as many mafia members alive as there are town members alive.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Hello, and welcome to Partition Mafia, implosion!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
Your only powers are your voice and your vote.
You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Confirm by sending me a PM stating your role and alignment.

Hello, and welcome to Partition Mafia, implosion!
You are a
Mafia Goon
Each night, you and your partners must partition the town into three groups. Each group must have at least one member; apart from this, you may partition players however you choose.
You have a 1-shot factional kill. You may not use this kill on night 0, and you may not use it if it would cause you to immediately win (i.e., if there is exactly one more town player alive than there are mafia players alive). If you use the kill, the killed player should not be listed in any groups for the day.
You can discuss the game at all times with your teammates here.
You win when there are at least as many mafia players alive as there are town players alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Confirm by sending me a PM stating your role and alignment.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Role PMs have been sent.
It is now night zero.
If 12/13 players have not confirmed within 48 hours, night zero will be extended as replacements are sought.

Night zero ends at 7 PM PST on the 12th, in (expired on 2018-05-12 22:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Day one dawns!

VOTE COUNT 1.1
DeasVailBuJaberdramonic
Eddie CaneKokichi OmaREALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
havingfitzPineSirCakez
northsidegalrikuzMuffinMan
Wisdom

Group 1
(0):
Group 2
(0):
Group 3
(0):
Not voting: 13 (BuJaber, DeasVail, dramonic, Eddie Cane, havingfitz, Kokichi Oma, northsidegal, Pine, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE, riku, SirCakez, Wisdom, zMuffinMan)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline is in (expired on 2018-05-20 23:00:00).
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Pine »

VOTE: 1

Because fuck those guys.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4, Pine wrote:VOTE: 1

Because fuck those guys.
?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i think a relatively even distribution implies about 1 scum per grouping, max two and one group containing all scum.

slightly disappointed that scum didn't go for some crazy combination like 1/1/11.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

two scum in one group and then one group containing all town, that is.

things fall apart
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm disappointed too. I was *really* hoping to roll scum. I was planning to do something ballsy like 6/6/me.

I think there's a chance that all scum are in one group. It would be rather easy to neverbus in that case, as you could justify it by not wanting to get rid of yourself.

If, for example, scum put themselves all in group 2, along with two players who prefer to dominate conversation, you'd need to get 7/8 of all remaining players to vote group 2 to succeed.

Calling scumteam as {BuJaber, Kokichi, riku}

VOTE: 2

...slightly serious? Maybe?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

hey wassup
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

ego
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
riku
riku
Goon
riku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by riku »

Hi, I'm here.

Vote: 2

I don't like the look of that riku guy.
Don't rely on META reads. Just don't do it.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: 3

not rvs
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i joined this game for one reason and one reason only: to
mis
lynch DV (even if it happened to cost of my own life)

VOTE: DV('s group)

the blood gods demand his blood and i shall not sleep until i've appeased them

join me on this path of righteousness and justice, brothers

i may or may not have been marathoning vikings and other shows of a similar nature recently
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What's a DV?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 8, Pine wrote:I'm disappointed too. I was *really* hoping to roll scum. I was planning to do something ballsy like 6/6/me.

I think there's a chance that all scum are in one group. It would be rather easy to neverbus in that case, as you could justify it by not wanting to get rid of yourself.

If, for example, scum put themselves all in group 2, along with two players who prefer to dominate conversation, you'd need to get 7/8 of all remaining players to vote group 2 to succeed.

Calling scumteam as {BuJaber, Kokichi, riku}

VOTE: 2

...slightly serious? Maybe?
Was going to say lynch whatever group Pine is in, after this post. but he's in my group.

How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Okay, i think the fact that there is even proportions means that scum is using that as a layer of deceit. I think that one group contains either all scum or 2 of the 3 scum. I think it's a ploy to make it look like there is 1 scum in each.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If scum is smart, they would have just put all their eggs in one basket and done all 3 of them in one group, and then have 1 or 2 people we are town that are great at town telling, so to make people not lynch their group.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

Im here.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

who are town* not we are town*
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 6, northsidegal wrote:i think a relatively even distribution implies about 1 scum per grouping, max two and one group containing all scum.
i put a lot of thought into how i'd approach the grouping and splitting in this setup. gonna spoiler it since it's mostly irrelevant now (i just find this setup interesting from a theory perspective)

Spoiler:
i figured optimal (in terms of higher-risk-higher-reward) splits were 6-4-3 (i'd have gone with either a 3-0-0 or a 0-3-0 split, depending on how competent i thought my teammates were) or 7-3-3 (either 3-0-0, 0-3-0 or 2-1-0, depending on teammates) or 8-3-2 (again, either 3-0-0, 0-3-0 or 2-1-0)

2-1-0 with a 7-3-3 or 8-3-2 split would have been best i think, purely because it forces town to be put in a position where they go for the larger group and accelerate lylo or go for a smaller group and at best hit 1 scum. though a 3-0-0 or 0-3-0 would have been more fun to play i think

something 11-1-1 would be hilarious but probably suboptimal, unless you can predict how town is going to vote

all that said, 5-4-4 is boring but probably optimal in terms of how safe it is (it gives the least information away in terms of split since it could be 3, 2-1 or 1-1-1. i think maybe 3 is less likely because scum who choose such a boring, safe split are far more likely to be risk-averse but now we're going against a sicilian with death on the line)

as is, i'm not reading into the split too much atm (it's probably not fruitful to discuss it at much length anyway - that said, talking about groups/splits is an easy way to look like you're posting content when you're really not
#notbeingahypocrite
)

i'm thinking ideally we just lynch DV today (the most optimal of optimal lynches possible) and go from there
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

no. 3 is confirmed to have xcum.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if you're hinting at role information, be explicit about it
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Pine »

Can't be explicit, this isn't Speakeasy.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”