Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

@Hiraki
I'm not unmoved by your defense, but that's more of a reason you might not be scum with Pine than a reason you can't be (which is what would get you out of the lynchpool). Right now I'm much more interested in arguments for adding people to the potential Pinebuddy list than removing them, for reasons you'll see below. Anyway, as long as Eevee flips red you're clear in my book.

ImportantThis analysis does not require you to believe I'm town.
It does require you to believe I'm not scum with Pine, which I think should be obvious.

Suppose
arguendo
we know is correct in the sense that, conditional on scum!Pine, both remaining scum are somewhere in the tl;dr.

If Pine is scum, the game is already over. Even if we mislynch Eevee today, we go to d4 with a lynch pool of {Hiraki, MafMen, Lycanfire}. We have one mislynch left. We win.

If Eevee is scum, things are much messier. Even granting only gets us down to {TrinityNZ, MathBlade, Wisdom, Mafmen, Lycanfire}. Three of these are town. We need every lynch we can get and we definitely don't want to have wasted one on town!Pine.

So, given the conclusions of , correct strategy is to lynch Eevee today to maximize our win probability.

VOTE: EeveeLution Army (L−2)

I'm highly confident none of TrinityNZ, Dunnstral, or LuckyOtter can be scum with Pine, and quite confident on Wisdom as well. MathBlade is a possibility but still far less plausible than the other three and I'm really not scumreading him in the first place. If you don't like my vote, convince me I'm wrong about one of these. I actually do think Pine is more likely scum than Eevee, so if I don't have a game-breaking strategy in either case I'll likely move over.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1041, Umlaut wrote: [*]
Dunnstral:
Unlikely based on alone: it seems to slip that Dunn didn't pay close attention to Pine's posts and really didn't know what he would answer, both of which are unlikely between scumbuddies who would have used daytalk to plan this move in advance. It's a fairly subtle slip that I don't believe scum would think to fake. I actually had Dunn at "plausible" before noticing this.
1030 is the wrong post, which post did you mean?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

It was , thanks for noticing. You asked Pine who he protected after he had already said in his claim. Especially where you yourself placed intent on him, if it were all an act I'd expect that you'd have worked out that detail of the claim in the PT and you wouldn't forget it.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1050, Umlaut wrote:, correct strategy is to lynch Eevee today to maximize our win probability.
youre right, lynching the jk maximizes the win probability of one side
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:41 am

Post by EeveeLution Army »

You do realize its 10× better lynching pine than me right?
If i really am jailkeeper(which i am) i can still block scum tonight after pines gone. Its just more logical
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

Eevee, if we have an autowin that doesn't matter. There's no such thing as 10x better than winning.
In post 1050, Umlaut wrote:I'm highly confident none of TrinityNZ, Dunnstral, or LuckyOtter can be scum with Pine, and quite confident on Wisdom as well. MathBlade is a possibility but still far less plausible than the other three and I'm really not scumreading him in the first place. If you don't like my vote, convince me I'm wrong about one of these.
To clarify, this is a thing I actually want people to do. If you feel I'm wrong or just overconfident on one of these, please tell me.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

V/La until tomorrow

It’s actually better to lynch Trinity and then let scum NK the protective and then lynch the leftovers but I don’t think people will do that.

Will respond to stuff when off V/LA
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

UNVOTE: Math

VOTE: Eevee
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

UNVOTE: Eevee

Don't like him at L-1 without any actual response to my case for voting him.

(Also unannounced L-1 is bad and you should feel bad.)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

We should resolve the protective claims today.

I'm leaning Pine but that's only because Eevee hasn't done much that I've seen beyond raising a lot of suspicion on Wisdom, which makes her subsequent SR of Pine reasonable? I'm still catching up though.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Unvote

Nah I haven’t heard a good reason why we should resolve them. 50/50 odds of hitting wrong.

If Army is the protective high chance of kill stopping
If Pine is the protective less of a chance but still some
If I am the protective and I die then no one has to play with me huzzah

Everyone wins.
Btw if I am the protective I am a bodyguard.

We win if scum shoot the protective as the lynch would be on who we suspected the partner was and it gives us more to work with if scum shoot the protective.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm

I am only fine with this decision if mafmen is the lynch
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1058, Umlaut wrote:UNVOTE: Eevee

Don't like him at L-1 without any actual response to my case for voting him.

(Also unannounced L-1 is bad and you should feel bad.)
Sorry I hadn’t realised.

<<< Duplicate post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastina on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

Speaking of Mafmen, he hasn't posted here since Monday, pre-claim business
@Mastina, prod please

If we're deciding between claims, Eevee's seems more plausible and I don't see Eevee making that counter as scum at that moment. Eevee's play does seem scummier but it just feels like a bad move lynching him.

If we're going to let the NK resolve it (which really isn't a bad idea), I have no clue anymore. Trinity keeps giving me bad vibes.
@Trinity
Maybe you didn't see it, but immediately following your Math vote I asked you to explain the basis of it.
--
Math, are you trying to get a hypoclaim going because you think it plausible both Pine and Eevee are lying?
--
Umlaut, most of your argumentation depends on associatives and there are a couple I'm not sure about. Maf's straight up "Pine is town without a doubt" seems pretty bold for a scumpartner, don't you think? If anything, it makes more sense to me if Maf is scum and knows Pine is town, or Maf is town and is just being opaque with his reads (as he seems to like to do, given that he called anyone who suspected you "daft" without explanation until asked for it).

The second problem is the Trinity+Eevee combo. Trinity was scumreading Pine, then after Eevee's counterclaim, scum!Trinity would have been able to sit on a Pine vote and stay out of the way and get the mislynch. Instead, scum!Trinity busses her partner who just counterclaimed? It seems equally plausible (or implausible) that scum!Trinity could have been trying to bus scum!Pine who appeared to be going down, then took the opportunity to change her mind as soon as Pine claimed (which she might have known he would do anyway). Following Eevee's counter, Trinity decides to believe Pine over Eevee, for pretty underwhelming reasons.

So I don't know. Sticking to Pine for now.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Umlaut »

Rather than explain again why hypoclaiming is fatuous here, I think I'll just short-circuit it by starting a massclaim. If we get a third protective claim, we lynch them all until we hit both liars.

I'm a Vanilla Townie.

There is no reason to oppose this unless you think a guarantee of lynching two scum in three days is a bad deal, so everyone please claim in your next post.

In post 1064, LuckyOtter wrote:Maf's straight up "Pine is town without a doubt" seems pretty bold for a scumpartner, don't you think? If anything, it makes more sense to me if Maf is scum and knows Pine is town, or Maf is town and is just being opaque with his reads (as he seems to like to do, given that he called anyone who suspected you "daft" without explanation until asked for it).
I'm not totally sold on this point (I don't think it's all that unlikely for a laconic poster like MafMen especially given that it often gets townread), but that's beside the point. If MafMen is not a likely partner of Pine then that only strengthens the argument for lynching Eevee. Remember, my central point is "If Pine is scum he has so few possible buddies that we'll win even if we mislynch Eevee today."
LuckyOtter wrote:The second problem is the Trinity+Eevee combo. Trinity was scumreading Pine, then after Eevee's counterclaim, scum!Trinity would have been able to sit on a Pine vote and stay out of the way and get the mislynch. Instead, scum!Trinity busses her partner who just counterclaimed? It seems equally plausible (or implausible) that scum!Trinity could have been trying to bus scum!Pine who appeared to be going down, then took the opportunity to change her mind as soon as Pine claimed (which she might have known he would do anyway). Following Eevee's counter, Trinity decides to believe Pine over Eevee, for pretty underwhelming reasons.
Yeah, I can buy this, I noticed it myself and if it's busing it seems like a bad choice. I'm not particularly scumreading Trinity in the first place and if I had to choose a lynch order now in the event of Eevee redflip I would not put her near the front. This
is
relevant because if we can narrow down Eevee's partners enough then mislynching town!Pine is not nearly so bad and I should just vote whoever's scummier.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

I would rather scum tell us who scum is if I am not the protective or to eat a bullet for said protective.

If I am the protective then I want scum to have to wifom between me or not.
If there are two scum CCing each other then if I die protective then both slots have explaining to do and start the “explanations” with Pine.
If there is one scum it is almost certainly Pine and Army fake claimed out of frustration.

We gain much more forcing the wifom than we ever do lynching in it.

Because scum don’t know if I am protective or not only I do

I would really prefer Trinity. But MafMen also acceptable
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

And yay Umlaut is scum.

Mass claim is useless but you’re trying to stop my fucking with scum’s heads.

Anyone who hasn’t claimed protective claims VT. There is zero investigative to validate

Mass claim is a useless waste of spam [Trinity,Umlaut,Mafmen] my lynchpool for today

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1066, MathBlade wrote:I would rather scum tell us who scum is if I am not the protective or to eat a bullet for said protective.
If you are a bodyguard than you never guard Eevee or Pine because you know they are both lying and almost certainly scum. In fact if you are a bodyguard you are acutely aware of that fact and don't forget it for long enough to make that post.

You aren't the bodyguard. Either you're a VT more interested in showing off how clever you are than winning the game, or you're scum straining for a reason to keep both Pine and Eevee alive.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1068, Umlaut wrote:
In post 1066, MathBlade wrote:I would rather scum tell us who scum is if I am not the protective or to eat a bullet for said protective.
If you are a bodyguard than you never guard Eevee or Pine because you know they are both lying and almost certainly scum. In fact if you are a bodyguard you are acutely aware of that fact and don't forget it for long enough to make that post.

You aren't the bodyguard. Either you're a VT more interested in showing off how clever you are than winning the game, or you're scum straining for a reason to keep both Pine and Eevee alive.
Aw contraire as a bodyguard I would bodyguard Eevee as that is where scum are likely to shoot. Maybe Pine if Pine decides to try to convince me he is town. Of course that is assuming I am the bodyguard. If I am not then it’s all wine obviously. Harmless wine.

If I am scum which I am not then it is to my detriment to keep both alive for what I stated. We learn from who scum kill more than the lynch within them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

Fake claiming is a thing people do. So I wouldn’t rush to judgment. I wouldn’t put it past Army as town to fake a CC.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Wisdom »

VT here.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1068, Umlaut wrote:You aren't the bodyguard. Either you're a VT more interested in showing off how clever you are than winning the game, or you're scum straining for a reason to keep both Pine and Eevee alive.
Ding ding ding
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 am

Math is making my head spin my god. Haven't you head the saying if you can't seem to find valid partners then your push is more than likely more town or outcasted scum. TBH from towns pov i could be either. In both cases lynching pine would be more useful. Since 1) when he flips red we have more partner ideas and i can still maybe hit the partner
Or 2) hes town but lynching me today gives no info. Lynching pine forces scum to kill someone outside of the ccs in that case it would limit partner possibilities and in the end give town more to work with.
Ofc theres the option to lynch outside of the ccs to try to hit a mutual partner.
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:58 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1054, EeveeLution Army wrote:You do realize its 10× better lynching pine than me right?
If i really am jailkeeper(which i am) i can still block scum tonight after pines gone. Its just more logical
Why would you say ‘if I really am a jailkeeper’? Seems strange. Why not just say ‘Because I am a jailkeeper’...?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:59 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1064, LuckyOtter wrote:Speaking of Mafmen, he hasn't posted here since Monday, pre-claim business
@Mastina, prod please

If we're deciding between claims, Eevee's seems more plausible and I don't see Eevee making that counter as scum at that moment. Eevee's play does seem scummier but it just feels like a bad move lynching him.

If we're going to let the NK resolve it (which really isn't a bad idea), I have no clue anymore. Trinity keeps giving me bad vibes.
@Trinity
Maybe you didn't see it, but immediately following your Math vote I asked you to explain the basis of it.
--
Math, are you trying to get a hypoclaim going because you think it plausible both Pine and Eevee are lying?
--
Umlaut, most of your argumentation depends on associatives and there are a couple I'm not sure about. Maf's straight up "Pine is town without a doubt" seems pretty bold for a scumpartner, don't you think? If anything, it makes more sense to me if Maf is scum and knows Pine is town, or Maf is town and is just being opaque with his reads (as he seems to like to do, given that he called anyone who suspected you "daft" without explanation until asked for it).

The second problem is the Trinity+Eevee combo. Trinity was scumreading Pine, then after Eevee's counterclaim, scum!Trinity would have been able to sit on a Pine vote and stay out of the way and get the mislynch. Instead, scum!Trinity busses her partner who just counterclaimed? It seems equally plausible (or implausible) that scum!Trinity could have been trying to bus scum!Pine who appeared to be going down, then took the opportunity to change her mind as soon as Pine claimed (which she might have known he would do anyway). Following Eevee's counter, Trinity decides to believe Pine over Eevee, for pretty underwhelming reasons.

So I don't know. Sticking to Pine for now.
Sorry I thought I had explained it already. I will try today but I’m away from home and don’t have my notes on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”