Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Guess I should egopost this

BV if that felt like harsh paranoia you haven't felt nothing yet :p
Nah jk but yeah I was even tring you but not enough to lock and didn't want people to give you a free pass if I died
Then TW gambit was like super wtf throwing me off
Why would scum fakeclaim a guilty that at best would cause them to trade 1 for 1?
But I think one of my last posts before I died I cleared up and reigned it in on you as anyways

Gg WP all
deranged and incoherent
?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 4036, Shoshin wrote:It's nice to hear you think I played well but I think I could have been a lot better.
Man your self-standard is high :shifty:

You nailed so many reads and helped town so much before you died

I'd probably /in for a reunion game too <3

For the record I did SO much VCA and restarted after some of the flips and I have to saw WOOOOWWWWW @the worst you screwed up every VCA thought I ever had
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Killary eating duck was the best part of this game
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Nauci »

This game was absolutely spectacular and I can't believe I read every post in a 160 pager

I might run a reunion game with a Romance of the Three Kingdoms theme some time in the future, with brass playing in my spot

Everyone played absolutely brilliantly, especially Skitter and BV (bv you'll want to read my posts about you in the dead thread lol)

Errant, you're just brilliant
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 4053, Nauci wrote:This game was absolutely spectacular and I can't believe I read every post in a 160 pager

I might run a reunion game with a Romance of the Three Kingdoms theme some time in the future, with brass playing in my spot

Everyone played absolutely brilliantly, especially Skitter and BV (bv you'll want to read my posts about you in the dead thread lol)

Errant, you're just brilliant
Is Romance of the Three Kingdoms the thing that Dynasty Warrior is based on?

I know a thing!
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Nauci »

Shoshin I learned a ton about scumhunting from you! I'm not just posting reactions and wall posts now, but asking the kinds of questions that help sort people's mindsets <3

I was itching to claim SO hard lol (I mean, I did write up that giant wall post during the night), but was so scared that I had done it 1 day too early. I thought that if I could just clear the 2 slots that Skitter would be most paranoid about, we'd be golden. Sorry for sussing you so hard, BV! You caught my inexplicable extra knowledge SO hard. Brilliant

Brass, yeah. Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West probably inspired more media/games/etc. than Lord of the Rings and the Roman Empire did in the west. Red Cliff is an absolutely incredible epic movie (like an only 4 hour long Lord of the Rings trilogy, with Chinese people and dope ass fight scenes).
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4052, Lycanfire wrote:Killary eating duck was the best part of this game
:D I'm glad my 20-30 minutes in Photoshop were not wasted :lol:
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

Post by brassherald »

Did they do a western version of it? I know Yojimbo is considered a classic movie, but I've only watched A Fistful of Dollars and figured I have it pretty much covered.

Or like a Crime Drama? I have seen The Departed, but not Infernal Affairs.

What I'm basically saying is, I'm kind of really white.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4031, Gustavo wrote:I need to seriously readjust what I find scummy but idk how
Mastina/MHSmith/etc. post some very good threads discussing how to be pro town and scum hunt and what are signs of scumminess and even a great VCA practice somewhere on the site; I think they helped me quite a lot.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 4057, brassherald wrote:Did they do a western version of it? I know Yojimbo is considered a classic movie, but I've only watched A Fistful of Dollars and figured I have it pretty much covered.

Or like a Crime Drama? I have seen The Departed, but not Infernal Affairs.

What I'm basically saying is, I'm kind of really white.
It's so rooted in Chinese history and culture that it'd be difficult to do, unlike the dynamic of The Departed (or Hamlet; even the Chinese have movies that are basically Hamlet). Only Chinese/Japanese/Korean adaptations thus far.

Journey to the West is eeeeeverywhere though. Every MOBA has a Sun Wu Kong character lol. Sun Wu Kong is more familiar to Chinese kids than Snow White/Cinderella/Lion King/Spongebob combined out here.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 4058, Nauci wrote:
In post 4031, Gustavo wrote:I need to seriously readjust what I find scummy but idk how
Mastina/MHSmith/etc. post some very good threads discussing how to be pro town and scum hunt and what are signs of scumminess and even a great VCA practice somewhere on the site; I think they helped me quite a lot.
I’ll try and find them.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Nauci »

T_T I put in soooooooooooooooooooo much effort in this game that I'm burned out too except I signed up for more games so that's bad

Oh well gotta roll up my sleeves and solve those
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4055, Nauci wrote:I thought that if I could just clear the 2 slots that Skitter would be most paranoid about, we'd be golden.
this majorly contributed to the win i think

like i said above, i would have pushed for irrelephant or keyser over ep based on my reads
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

very much want to read all the pts lol
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I had one for just myself for mostly vca, @brass if you want to include it I don't mind
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mentioned yesterday maybe - but ep's slot looked really, really really good via vca (especially since nsg was voting mom with tw for a while), until i realized that he voted almost nobody *besdies* scum
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

Post by the worst »

In post 4039, Keyser Söze wrote:It was a very good playerlist! [even the scum were fun (TheWorst)]

I would definitely play with you guys and girls again.
Quack quack o7

It was great playing with you too Keyser. :) glad I got that cheeky Usual Suspects ref in there :lol:
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

Post by the worst »

In post 4051, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 4036, Shoshin wrote:It's nice to hear you think I played well but I think I could have been a lot better.
Man your self-standard is high :shifty:

You nailed so many reads and helped town so much before you died

I'd probably /in for a reunion game too <3

For the record I did SO much VCA and restarted after some of the flips and I have to saw WOOOOWWWWW @the worst you screwed up every VCA thought I ever had
I made Mom laugh (and shudder) a couple of times with my early voting :P
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am

Post by the worst »

In post 4052, Lycanfire wrote:Killary eating duck was the best part of this game
#goodposting here
--
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 4030, Irrelephant11 wrote:Blackvoid you were great! Your arguments were especially coherent when arguing your own towniness over Gustavo and EP. I was completely convinced by the time we lynched Gustavo. I said in the dead thread that I only stated I suspected you to survive the night and tunnel EP. Glad it worked out with Keyser living, though!
It was great playing with you too! My reaction after you got killed was I wondered whether anyone was going to use it against me that you suspected me so it could have backfired but glad to know that you were reading me as town all along.

@Shoshin, I probably will play again if I find the right playerlist/game size. This game was an exception in that it had a high page count but was enjoyable but I normally try to play in games of a more manageable size (I spectate first and decide if I want to replace into that game so I know what I'm getting). So, definitely hoping to see you again. Also, I was spectating the Tropical Mafia game and you were my strongest townread there. I was going to mention it in this game when somebody said you were lynched for being bad town that that wasn't true and that you got lynched because the JK hid info that could have cleared you but I forgot.
In post 4041, skitter30 wrote:Bv idk why it took so long to townread you - it finally, finally clicked a couple of days ago irl
I'm glad you eventually did. I knew you'd see it. I lost my last two towngames but this is probably the fourth consecutive game we won as town. So, I guess I should just play with you since that seems to positively impact my winrate. :lol:

@Rask, I wanted to copy-paste this so bad in response to you, lol:
My scum game is MEDIOCRE I have negative winrate and average scum winrate is like 60-70%
WHERE IS THE PARANOIA COMING FROM

HOW DID I GET KNOWN AS A "OOOH SCARY BETTER LYNCH FOR HIS SCUMGAME" WITHOUT ACTUAL SCUM WINS WTF
Maybe next time, we'll both actually read each other correctly.

Also, agreed on Nauci's investigation choices. Couldn't have asked for better ones. I felt that Irrelephant was looking more townie but that paranoia would have been there for me as well.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Gustavo, since you seemed to want feedback (feel free to ignore otherwise), a couple things that might help - throughout D5, you turned the game into a "me or BV" situation where you kept insisting that one of us had to be lynched. From my perspective, knowing I'm town, I'd obviously want you lynched if we had to do you or me. You never really put Errant on the table as a lynch so despite me thinking he was scum at various points and Keyser having figured him out, it felt like pretty much a waste of time trying to lynch anyone but you. Even if you literally said "lynch BV or Errant," it would have been better because you'd be putting that Errant option on the table.

I also still don't understand why the night one no kill necessitated one of us being lynched. Only one of us could have been nk'd but both of us could still be town so one of us flipping town tells us nothing about the other's alignment. If you really believed that Errant was scum, making a case on me just because you could doesn't feel like optimal town play? In fact, I'd expect scum to do something like that.

I really wanted to say something like "Gustavo, can we put aside our differences for a day and try and discuss Errant?" but I knew you'd just call it "desperate scum appealing to me" or something like that so I saved it as a draft and never posted it. I can't speak for everyone here but I think at least part of the reason you were lynched was because you weren't really
approachable
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by the worst »

That touches on something we discussed in the dead thread a little. It's better to work with your townreads than assume everyone is scum until proven innocent (there's a statistically higher chance a random slot is town with you after all! :P)
--
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by brassherald »

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Thanks for modding friendo
deranged and incoherent
?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by brassherald »

No problem, thanks everyone for coming along on this crazy journey of mine.

I'm just going to do a plug here for the large theme I'm going to start working on for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, maybe someday I will try to write my flavor beforehand and actually do well with that.

I do hope some people liked my party names, it was going to be a one off gag for the first lynch, then I just kept going with it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”