Mini 2019: Game Throwing UPick Game over!

Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

I just forget which one I'm under sometimes and then I post and immediately yell at myself.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

AT MYSELF!

Huh. That's actually kind of satisfying to yell "at myself".
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by BNL »

MyM's last post felt town.

Kinda want to pressure NM here. He has posted nothing of content other than his Flubber vote, and we're close to deadline.

I don't see Feysal misremembering MC's towny post thing as scummy to me.

Flubber townread is fading.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I will have time for this tomorrow
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

BNL, I'd like to know why you think MyM's last post was townie, because I'm not seeing it whatever it is.

I've thought over the Feysal thing a bit more, and I'm just finding it more confusing than helpful right now. I still want to hear some more information about Feysal's read on Messiah Complex though, partially because that's the read under question, partially because he's a player that hasn't said much until recently because of V/LA stuff, and partially because it might shed some new light on Messiah. I will say this though, for as much as I find it weird for Feysal to be giving Messiah a townread after what's supposed to be one singular post in his ISO, I also had a bunch of people going "Magik is totally town" after too. I don't quite get why Feysal can't have an "aha!" moment like everyone else did if he sees something that we haven't in Messiah's ISO. Unless Feysal comes back with utter drivel for a response, I'm fine with leaving him alone for today and prodding into him some more tomorrow.

Not_Mafia absolutely needs to start participating sooner rather than later though. Unless he becomes proven town or actually starts working with the town instead of sitting back and laughing at it, he needs to die before MYLO or LYLO creeps up on us and we're left to deal with an unreadable troll player under game-losing pressure.
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

In post 255, ScumBeGone wrote:
In post 244, Randomnamechange wrote:whoever i'm townreading and wants them
this is what town menno and fb looks like. its a meta read largely
we would love to have some neighbourhoods if you’d be willing to sell any of them to us.

fun fact: this hydra actually won a game for town in lylo with great help to the 2 of us being in a neighbourhood together!
we did! Image

the mollie head of this hydra is v/la. its finals and then I am going to the outer banks and then I am going to new jersey directly after school ends. I shld be able to post some while in new jersey.

y# and I have discussed a few reads, mostly desp messiah since I know them the best. I feel like I will have a better read on them either d2 or d3. I still thinnk majick is town, it was an early gut read and they have nothing to change my mind.

that is where I am at, rn now I am letting y# take the lead, I think he has a lot better pulse on the game than I do.

if any1 has a burning desire to talk to me, lemme know I might not get to it right away but I will do my best.
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

In post 263, Mas y Menos wrote:
scumbegone, could you please stop making that many posts right after each other? it's really annoying

~Menos
fair enough, we can try, though mobile posting is to blame for this. i find it’s very difficult to flesh out responses to multiple posts on mobile.

————————————————————-

now, @Mas Y Menos, who do you townread?

@Messiah Complex, who do you townread?

in a quick iso investigation, noticed there haven’t been hardly any hard stances with regards to TR’s from either of the 2 hydras yet, so let’s remedy this!

also, @randomidget, what time should you be able to be on here tomorrow to transfer some neighborhoods to us? i can meet you on here probably any time after 6 PM, but before 11 PM.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

timezones and all that. i'm online on and off for the next like 7 hours so i'll check the thread intermittently
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 am

Post by BNL »

@Magik
The general tone of the post felt town. Also, this particular part:
In post 263, Mas y Menos wrote:I'm not going to say "if x is town then y is scum" or whatever
I feel that this is quite a towny statement to make
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:51 am

Post by BNL »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

I want to pressure this. Has done absolutely nothing this game other than the two Flubber votes. I mean this is NM but his content is almost zero.
GTKAS - BNL

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Quick reminder that I'm hated
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 267, Messiah Complex wrote:This issue that we had with the post on second look was that you never mention what you think about us now that you realize you can't find the post you had in mind when you said you tr us. It was probably someone else's. So even after looking at our iso you have no opinion? That one post was the only thing that made you think we were town? Nothing else we have done or said made you feel any sort of feels down inside your belly? We find it hard to believe that you go from feeling comfortable with us being a townread but not for the same reasons as others are saying, to thinking you misattributed a post to us and that single post was the basis for your entire read.
If you thought I had no opinion on you, you misread my post. I said I got a town lean on you, particularly for one post. Particularly, not exclusively. Being mistaken about that one post does not invalidate the town lean, just makes it weaker, and that pretty much comes down to overall tone and activity. I also liked your look at Myloninja, though I would give it more weight if you had done it on your own initiative instead of being asked.
In post 267, Messiah Complex wrote:Could be that you are scum and that you wanted to say something provocative and edgy in your first post and then realized that you didn't know what you were talking about and didn't want to put down any sort of read because you haven't figured out what kind of role we are going to be playing yet. Do you need to buddy us and try to get us to go along with you, or are you going to have to scum read us and convince town to roll on us? The game is still too early for you to put down that kinda read on us right?
Now you really are reading too much into it. I had read most of the thread in one go, it was late at night, and when I got to posting I misremembered something. You asked me about it, I realized I'd made a mistake, and straight up admitted it. I suppose I could have been clearer about how that affected my read on you, but that was all there was to it.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am

Post by MagikHorse »

I'm actually kind of suspicious of how quickly the Feysal wagon built up before he could get a response out. I could see pressure if it was something more meaningful, like a potential scumslip, but this hardly warranted this. It's why I held off judgement until a response could be submitted, and I quite frankly like it.

Also, reminder to Not_Mafia that being Hated means nothing when you haven't contributed anything, as we have nothing to lose in lynching you right now. Also, since all roles were submitted before we received our alignments, I expect that even scum will have gamethrowey or antisynergy roles to them.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I didn't submit a role
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Like, I'm actually wondering why you even joined this game if you were going to just go on minimal effort like this. We were all supposed to submit 3 around the gamethrowing theme, hence my expectation of anti-synergy roles.

I know already that at least 1 of the roles I submitted is not in the game unless it was modified from the original, as its mechanic would have triggered by now and I would have likely had to step up and explain the role.

The second would be worrying to see if we went through with the whole "let's use Ceejay/Momrangal's ability as a triple lynch" thing, and was yet another reason for me to shoot it down then and there. If that role exists though, I'll be able to figure out by the time D2 begins. This bars one scenario where it whiffs (or more accurately hits?), where they'd probably claim it with the information that would give us.

The third is basically Hated, but through a different manner than a straight vote reduction. If this role exists Not_Mafia has it as the Hated claimee, which is kind of funny to me right now.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I didn't submit a role
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 1.2
randomidget
(3)
Gamma Emerald, Flubbernugget, Feysal
Flubbernugget
(3)
Mas y Menos randomidget Not_Mafia
Mas y Menos
(2)
MagikHorse ScumBeGone
Not_Mafia
(2)
Myloninja13, BulletNLynchproof
Feysal
(2)
ceejayvinoya, Messiah Complex

Not Voting
(3)
NicoRobin

With 13 players, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is frozen.
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 290, Not_Mafia wrote:I didn't submit a role
We didn't either. We submitted 3 forms of game throwing, but no roles.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 pm

In post 292, Formerfish wrote:
In post 290, Not_Mafia wrote:I didn't submit a role
We didn't either. We submitted 3 forms of game throwing, but no roles.
Bad phone poster.
Bad.
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 pm

In post 234, Feysal wrote:I promised that I would be here today, and I have read everything, though it has taken me longer than expected. Now where to begin?

I think there has been rather too much talk about special game mechanics, and I'm surprised at people town reading each other based on that. You know that scum need to fake activity to appear town, but pretending to scumhunt is not that easy. People can be uncomfortable with lying, and it can be hard to display conviction for made up suspects. When talking about game mechanics though even scum can be completely genuine. For example, I felt troubled seeing Messiah being townread for his role in helping Clint Eastwood get to L-1 and back. To be clear, I have a town read on Messiah, but definitely not for that.
@ feysal you're kind of missing the point. the crux of our issue with you is here where you say that you're specifically not reading us as town for our role in the eastwood l-1 thing and that players aren't town for talking about mechanics but you were reading us as town for something else that you now can't identify. but we are still town for our "overall tone and activity," all of which was related to the eastwood thing when you gave the read.

so we are kind of miffed about your read on us and are currently leaning toward it being completely made up. which is scummy.
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

In post 277, BNL wrote:I don't see Feysal misremembering MC's towny post thing as scummy to me.
feysal misremembering the post isn't whats scummy about it, it's a bit more nuanced than that

also, announcing that your vote is just for pressure takes the wind out of it, wouldn't you say? your push on NM is pretty weak, anything else interest you currently?
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:16 pm

In post 281, ScumBeGone wrote:@Messiah Complex, who do you townread?

in a quick iso investigation, noticed there haven’t been hardly any hard stances with regards to TR’s from either of the 2 hydras yet, so let’s remedy this!
the only slot either one of us is comfortable townreadinf right now is yours, which should be pretty self explanatory. of you're expecting more beyond that at this moment in time you're gonna be disappointed
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm

In post 287, MagikHorse wrote:I'm actually kind of suspicious of how quickly the Feysal wagon built up before he could get a response out. I could see pressure if it was something more meaningful, like a potential scumslip, but this hardly warranted this. It's why I held off judgement until a response could be submitted, and I quite frankly like it.
what's suspicious about an l-5 wagon, exactly?

and what did you like about feysals response?
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 pm

In post 297, Messiah Complex wrote:
In post 287, MagikHorse wrote:I'm actually kind of suspicious of how quickly the Feysal wagon built up before he could get a response out. I could see pressure if it was something more meaningful, like a potential scumslip, but this hardly warranted this. It's why I held off judgement until a response could be submitted, and I quite frankly like it.
what's suspicious about an l-5 wagon, exactly?

and what did you like about feysals response?
Especially on page 12 of day 1. We already poked MyM a bit and havent gotten anything out of them. We could sit on that wagon and hope they come in and be productive, or we can recognize that they are not scum by themselves and others must be their partners. Wasting a vote this early on a slot that is all but absent is not a thing we are doing right now. What we are doing is following up on what we consider to be inconsistencies with someones play. Early day 1 you arent going to have full blown scum reads on anyone, unless you are fucking god or they fuck up and out themselves. So to say that it was unwarranted is in itself unwarranted because our reason is just as good as any other theories out there right now.
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 pm

^that was me, FF, by the way.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”