Mini 2019: Game Throwing UPick Game over!

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

For some reason I thought Feysal's wagon had more votes than that, and was freaking out going "whoah there, why is this taking off so fast over simple vague language?". With the mistaken belief that there was a much more serious wagon going on and no response in sight, I deemed the whole thing too hasty and therefore "unwarranted" (which in hindsight was probably not the best word to use). I have absolutely no clue how I was so far off base there, but my concern there is gone at any rate reviewing the voting scene.

It's more than possible that was a scum mistake that ended up backing him into a corner, but that seems like quite a bit of a stretch to me. Perhaps I'm applying Occam's Razor too much here, but it really does look like his explanation of verbal blundering from fits just a little too snugly for me to believe it a scum mistake over an honest mistake. I understand you putting some pressure into those gaps to get some explanations, but I think a scum!Feysal would have been a bit more careful about his speech to avoid this sort of attention in 250. Then again I'm assuming good play when I myself am blundering around like an idiot right now, so maybe not the best to assume right now.

Although I doubt the vague wording mistakes from 250 are scummy, leaving that read vague when he's trying to explain himself does seem off. It wasn't something I was considering whatsoever until now, but that is definitely something I'll actually support.

VOTE: Feysal
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Still not caught up, sorry.

Messiah complex v feysal insterests me though, because they both look town but are arguing over a read that is poor town play at best
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

In post 287, MagikHorse wrote:'m actually kind of suspicious of how quickly the Feysal wagon built up before he could get a response out. I could see pressure if it was something more meaningful, like a potential scumslip, but this hardly warranted this. It's why I held off judgement until a response could be submitted, and I quite frankly like it.
In post 300, MagikHorse wrote:Although I doubt the vague wording mistakes from 250 are scummy, leaving that read vague when he's trying to explain himself does seem off. It wasn't something I was considering whatsoever until now, but that is definitely something I'll actually support.
@ magik im confused. 287 says to me that you clearly had considered it and had taken the opposite view. you shaded the wagon and then +1ed his response to our line of questioning.

now you're still not really buying what we're selling because you expect scum to be better than that but youre still voting him with us anyway. and unless I'm mistaken you never actually explained what exactly you liked about his response.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 285, Not_Mafia wrote:Quick reminder that I'm hated
Yes, you are hated.

NM you have no content at all except for your two Flubber votes. Yet by posting this and "I didn't submit a role" you are acknowledging your presence in the game and still do nothing.

I mean I know your playstyle as town but you have done nothing at all this game.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

@randomidget, are you on to transfer some neighbourhoods to us?
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

other than that, i’m feeling a bit burned out tonight for whatever reason, so i’ll respond to you all hopefully tomorrow or the day after.
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

that’s right, i got no sleep last night. that must be why
Mas y Menos
Mas y Menos
Goon
Mas y Menos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Mas y Menos »

what is going on

~mas
Hydra of Firebringer and Mcmenno
Mas y Menos
Mas y Menos
Goon
Mas y Menos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Mas y Menos »

In post 283, BNL wrote:@Magik
The general tone of the post felt town. Also, this particular part:
In post 263, Mas y Menos wrote:I'm not going to say "if x is town then y is scum" or whatever
I feel that this is quite a towny statement to make
but it came from mcmemester so it isn't.
also bad reason.

also how are you bullet?

~mas
Mas y Menos
Mas y Menos
Goon
Mas y Menos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Mas y Menos »

In post 281, ScumBeGone wrote:now, @Mas Y Menos, who do you townread?
everyone is a townread until they flip scum.

i am going to politician this and say you are all extremely townie.
let us make this town great again.

i am for lynching scum!
against lynching town!

those scum are bad people and we need to remove them.

we can be the change we need to be!

~mas

Also you are so townie~!
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

MyM are you guys more scum hunters or townbloc builders?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

I already explained that the shade on the wagon is because I, for some reason or another, thought it was bigger than it actually was. Given that post was made during a break at work (same with any other weekday posts between 3:00 - 3:15 PM EST/EDT), so it's not all that surprising that I misread the severity of the wagon in my haste to get back to the work floor before my boss got mad at me for staying in the break room too long. Reading and posting within a 15 minute span sometimes leads to these hasty mistakes.

Mostly I liked his response off the bat because, as I said, it filled in the gaps in a way that made clear sense and honestly made it seem more than plausible that it was just poor wording on his behalf, a mistake that could happen regardless of alignment. I didn't see the weak read as anything notable, or really even notice it at all to be honest. You've convinced me that even though his first post might have just been a poorly worded mess, you've struck something deeper in this difficult to explain read from the second, and that's where you've sold me on this.

To put it simply, I think there's nothing to really see in 250 besides poor wordage, and I think it sounds overall more like a failure at being Town than a scumslip. On the other hand, 286's poor reasoning for the read is suspect as you've already stated. Overall, my vote's on here mostly to sort this slot one way or the other as one of the few I haven't really sorted to my satisfaction yet, and also because you're right about MyM being stale and fruitless at the moment.

In the end though, you're confused as to my stance because I'm on both sides of the line at once, agreeing with Feysal in that it seems like it's mostly mistakes and agreeing with you that there's a lot more that needs explaining here at the same time, the things beyond the mistakes. It just sounded weird to me at first (hence my starting support of Feysal), but now I'm seeing your actual reasoning behind some of these things.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit better.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Flubber
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 am

*twiddles thumbs*
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Sorry Sorry I'm still here but I had to do some stuff first.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 301, Flubbernugget wrote:Still not caught up, sorry.

Messiah complex v feysal insterests me though, because they both look town but are arguing over a read that is poor town play at best
I'd like to elaborate on this.

is really strange. It's three paragraphs about one post. Not only is scum reading someone for one post fishy, the post in question is literally just a player misremembering something. Not only does this stuff happen, it's more likely to come from town than scum. After all, scum can't think freely about what they are going to say, making it much harder for them to post carelessly.

The votes sheeping this are incredibly suspicious.

I'm also not fond of the clarified nuance in . It really seems like a stretch. And again, scum have to fabricate a lot more than one read.

There's plenty of reason to think feysal is town if you widen your focus. Scum has no incentive to bring up all the theorycrafting in the thread when it provides perfect cover for them to blend in with. The point brought up about mas y menos/nm not following mwnm's plan for free town cred is something original and town minded (though I do disagree with it).
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

2 days to deadline is not the time to be playing pressure vote games
ScumBeGone
ScumBeGone
Goon
ScumBeGone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by ScumBeGone »

since we are quickly closing in on the deadline here, gonna do a meta review on the 4 plausible lynch candidates and then choose which one i feel is likeliest to be scum from my findings

if you’re scum, you better watch out! you’ve been warned
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Feysal »

Vague wording you say? I'm really going to have to be specific here it seems.

I never said I believed you could not read someone based on mechanics talk. Hell, if you look at my post , you may notice it was a factor in my reads on BNL and Horsey too. What I specifically disagreed with in Messiah's case were the three posts based on which SBG gave him a strong town read in post , which were about Messiah making sure Eastwood would not get lynched while getting to L-1. Posts like that are what I refer to as housekeeping. Other examples of this I could mention are keeping track of claims, interpreting night actions, pointing out logical errors and the like. In short, things someone will probably do anyway, so scum might as well do them to appear helpful. I have done such things as scum, so it really surprised me when SBG gave Messiah a strong town read for those.

To name one example, I got more of a town feel from post than from any of those three that came after it. Helping a plan along is one thing, starting the ball rolling is another. It was posts like that, among others, that the read was based on.

Now, I've been meaning to look at some other players, and as BNL has been warning us, time is running out. We have under three days until deadline.
In post 234, Feysal wrote:
In post 122, Flubbernugget wrote:...all the context they swept under the rug.
What context?
I would like to get an answer to this. I don't get what the thought process here was.

I thought about what Messiah said, expecting more content from Myloninja, and I checked his other ongoing games. Turns out he is alive in at least seven other games I found, four of them large. I no longer wonder about the lack of content. I once played in three large theme games at once, and that led to burning myself out.

Not Mafia also looks overgamed, though not as severely. I'm not making any sense of him though. When BNL voted him for pressure, he popped up only to remind us of being hated. He has voted Flubber three times now, and no one else.

NicoRobin seems to have disappeared entirely, and is overdue for a prod.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

I can buy Mylo being overgamed, but he still needs to contribute some more at some point soon or willingly replace out. There's way too little for me to get any sort of read off of that slot. Also, I'll say it seems weird for him not to be here as much if this is still his "favorite game" as he stated in . Might not be the case anymore though, or things might be heating up elsewhere and drawing his attention away, so I'm not going to be hard on him for that.

Not_Mafia rarely makes sense, and loves to troll with people and generally be noncommittal, vague, and overall do as little as possible for as long as possible. This is a pretty big reason why I want him gone, as he'll never be readable and therefore always be a constant risk to the town at large. It's one reason why he's on my lynch list.

You're right on Nicorobin. 5 days and still no prod? Talk about lurking!

Speaking of lynching people, I think Feysal is off my list for today. Primarily I'd go for MyM or Not_Mafia, but I might be swayed to other options if I find them reasonable.

UNVOTE:
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by BNL »

Sigh

Less than 3 days left

VOTE: randomidget
But will vote NM if a wagon reappears there

Hoping for a deadline extension though because MWNN and Nico have been absent for a long time.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Sorry Sorry I promise I'm getting to this!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Gamma Emerald replaces ManWithNoName.

NicoRobin will be replaced.

Deadline will be frozen until I find the replacement, and 2 days will be added after the replacement.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 1.3
randomidget
(4)
Gamma Emerald, Flubbernugget, Feysal, BulletNLynchproof
Flubbernugget
(3)
Mas y Menos randomidget Not_Mafia
Mas y Menos
(1)
ScumBeGone
Not_Mafia
(1)
Myloninja13
Feysal
(2)
ceejayvinoya, Messiah Complex

Not Voting
(3)
NicoRobin, MagikHorse

With 13 players, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline ends in (expired on 2018-07-22 20:31:27)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

UNVOTE:
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”